Author Topic: The Power of 10 Dynasty  (Read 70354 times)

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Power of 10 Dynasty
« Reply #270 on: February 17, 2020, 10:59:25 PM »
Congratulations @oshizu

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #271 on: February 18, 2020, 03:11:12 PM »
Thank you, everyone, for the congratulations and for the fantastic challenge!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Brisayshi

• Townie
« Reply #272 on: February 20, 2020, 07:03:49 PM »
Sorry for another question, but just trying to be totally clear on the University rules. If we want our next heir to go to university and live in the dorms, once they are eligible to move out they get sent to Uni with $10,000 simoleons, and once they graduate they move on to their new lot to start their home. The rules state that the Family Funds cheat will not be used in this circumstance for moving. Does that mean we can move this sim out with whatever money they can take from their current household (for example, if the home of the first heir has family funds of $150k, can the second heir, upon completing university, move out with $150k?) or are we recording how much money that heir has after completing university and sending them to their lot with that amount? Does that question make sense?

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #273 on: February 21, 2020, 07:06:17 AM »
@Brisayshi you are sending them with only 10,000...this is the starting money.  From the point you go to uni, you are only controlling the heir, not the rest of the family.  You won’t be going back to the lot your heir grew up at.

Offline Brisayshi

• Townie
« Reply #274 on: February 21, 2020, 09:06:00 AM »
@Brisayshi you are sending them with only 10,000...this is the starting money.  From the point you go to uni, you are only controlling the heir, not the rest of the family.  You won’t be going back to the lot your heir grew up at.

Thank you. I'm sorry about that. I haven't gotten to play a  sim through university yet so I didn't realize they were able to move directly from Uni.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #275 on: March 16, 2020, 10:27:02 PM »
Is Casters Alley considered a Community Lot? I am sure it is, just double-checking ;D ;D.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #276 on: March 17, 2020, 07:32:02 AM »
Is Casters Alley considered a Community Lot? I am sure it is, just double-checking ;D ;D.

Yes.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shmeggo

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #277 on: March 23, 2020, 05:43:26 PM »
I’m hoping to verify that players can install expansion packs they’ve purchased at any point during their dynasty, but they would need to wait until the next generation moves out to place any new, permissible objects in the world?

I recently purchased and installed Island Living and Dine Out, but I did not place any restaurants in the world because my next heir hasn’t moved out yet. Just want to make sure I’m following the rules correctly.  :)

Thank you!

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #278 on: March 23, 2020, 05:55:31 PM »
@Shmeggo: allowing the installation of newly-purchased packs has always been our policy and have fun with them! For this dynasty I'd wait until the move like with any other change. It only seems fair.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Shmeggo

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #279 on: March 24, 2020, 12:00:08 PM »
Good to know. Thank you, @Trip!

Also, this may be a silly question, but is winning the lottery a violation of the challenge rules? My current heir's spouse ended up winning $1,000,000, and I just want to make sure this wouldn't be considered an unfair advantage.

Thanks again, and my apologies for all of the questions!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #280 on: March 24, 2020, 01:48:55 PM »
Good to know. Thank you, @Trip!

Also, this may be a silly question, but is winning the lottery a violation of the challenge rules? My current heir's spouse ended up winning $1,000,000, and I just want to make sure this wouldn't be considered an unfair advantage.

Thanks again, and my apologies for all of the questions!

Winning the lottery is fine, unless you're doing the Pancakes challenge. Congratulations!

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #281 on: March 26, 2020, 11:26:47 PM »
@MarianT Can the collection by multiplies of one thing? Like I am using the familiars from ROM, Can I do a mix of the higher priced ones I have?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #282 on: March 27, 2020, 07:31:41 AM »
@MarianT Can the collection by multiplies of one thing? Like I am using the familiars from ROM, Can I do a mix of the higher priced ones I have?

My understanding is that it can. It's just that you can't have a collection of dragon familiars for one heir and raven familiars for another.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #283 on: March 27, 2020, 07:25:47 PM »

My understanding is that it can. It's just that you can't have a collection of dragon familiars for one heir and raven familiars for another.

Thanks, Astra is the only one to have the magical items.

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #284 on: March 28, 2020, 05:36:35 AM »
I have been playing this dynasty for a few weeks now and had fun with it. I especially like that we are able to play in different worlds.

I had a close call today when my current heir almost died of laughter, but fortunately I was able to plead for his life. But this raised a question: what if my heir had died? Would I have failed the dynasty? My heir had completed all his goals and my next heir was going to age up and move out the next day (this happened 10:30 PM).

anything