Author Topic: The Power of 10 Dynasty  (Read 70196 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: The Power of 10 Dynasty
« Reply #240 on: January 24, 2020, 06:36:25 AM »
If a Sims spouse dies are they allowed to remarry. Spouse dying of old age or accident not player intervention.

Rachel

I don't see why not. RIP, Pablo.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #241 on: January 24, 2020, 09:07:08 AM »
Pablo is the proud owner of two youth potions I'm planning ahead for future generations.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #242 on: January 25, 2020, 09:19:16 AM »
Can heirs take stuff they have created or collected with them to their new home.

Rachel

Ra

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #243 on: January 25, 2020, 11:12:30 AM »
Rachel,

Items/Sims Heirs can take to the next household:
A spouse. No other Sims may move to the next household and Sims that are allowed to move must have empty inventories. (See exception next)
Heirs and their spouses are allowed to take any career rewards that can be placed in personal inventory. They cannot bring career rewards from other Sims.
Pets.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #244 on: January 25, 2020, 12:05:51 PM »
I knew I had read that not sure why I thought it was a different dynasty. On the plus side Rumple is contributing a lot of cash to her parents old age fund.

Rachel

Offline Brisayshi

• Townie
« Reply #245 on: January 26, 2020, 11:14:28 PM »
Just started this challenge tonight, it looks great!!

Quick question: If an heir is sent to university, are they allowed to bring items with them in their personal inventory? I haven't gotten a chance to send a sim to university yet as I just purchased the pack, but I know some items you can buy there from the kiosks. But if there are other items you want to bring, can you bring them to university, then leave them behind when it comes time to move to your new lot?

Offline Meg

• Townie
« Reply #246 on: January 27, 2020, 06:40:42 AM »
I have a bug in my game where whims aren’t completing, both regular whims and ones triggered by emotions. Would it be okay for me to count the emotional whims that my sim completes even though the game doesn’t register it?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #247 on: January 27, 2020, 05:02:00 PM »
Would Spellcasters be considered non-human for the friend requirement?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #248 on: January 27, 2020, 06:46:38 PM »
Would Spellcasters be considered non-human for the friend requirement?

I guess so. They're easier to find than aliens, mermaids, and vampires -- just go to the Magic Realm, but if you want to count them, okay.

@Meg, that's annoying about whims not completing. Have you tried repairing your game? Sometimes that works, and sometimes just turning it off and starting again cures the problem. Also, cc can affect things. But if you still get the bug, go ahead and give yourself credit for the emotional whims.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #249 on: January 27, 2020, 07:25:07 PM »
@MarianT Thanks for the quick response. I asked because I hadn't seen it brought up and I was wondering. I don't actually have plans for using them at this point. :)

Offline Brisayshi

• Townie
« Reply #250 on: January 29, 2020, 08:23:44 PM »
Also, do good friends still count toward the requirement if they die before the next heir moves out? Or is it like the Immortal Dynasty where all good friends must have maintained the relationship and be alive when the next heir is a young adult and moving out?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #251 on: January 29, 2020, 09:05:30 PM »
Also, do good friends still count toward the requirement if they die before the next heir moves out? Or is it like the Immortal Dynasty where all good friends must have maintained the relationship and be alive when the next heir is a young adult and moving out?

There's a discussion about this on page 3 of this thread. Basically, you count the good friends at the time you make them, but your heir doesn't start counting until he or she moves out.

Offline Meg

• Townie
« Reply #252 on: January 30, 2020, 06:35:45 AM »
@Meg, that's annoying about whims not completing. Have you tried repairing your game? Sometimes that works, and sometimes just turning it off and starting again cures the problem. Also, cc can affect things. But if you still get the bug, go ahead and give yourself credit for the emotional whims.

Thanks, I repaired the game and it’s fixed now.

I’ve come across another problem though. Before my first heir moved out my founder displayed her collection of snagglefluster drinks in the kitchen of her house. My heir  just visited his family and the drinks are all gone. I have a picture to prove they were there and my founder made them, but... they’re not there now. Does this matter?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #253 on: January 30, 2020, 06:57:02 AM »

Thanks, I repaired the game and it’s fixed now.

I’ve come across another problem though. Before my first heir moved out my founder displayed her collection of snagglefluster drinks in the kitchen of her house. My heir  just visited his family and the drinks are all gone. I have a picture to prove they were there and my founder made them, but... they’re not there now. Does this matter?

I just checked the rules. They were on display at the time your heir moved, and he did not take them with him, right? So I'd say you're good to go.

Offline Meg

• Townie
« Reply #254 on: January 30, 2020, 11:12:52 AM »
I just checked the rules. They were on display at the time your heir moved, and he did not take them with him, right? So I'd say you're good to go.

Oh good, they were definitely there when moving and his inventory was completely empty.