Author Topic: The Power of 10 Dynasty  (Read 70375 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: The Power of 10 Dynasty
« Reply #75 on: September 05, 2019, 08:17:26 PM »
Does a spouse who WAS a good friend before moving in count as a good friend still?

Does going to a festival in San Mishuno count as a community lot?

No. At the time when your founder is finished and the heir is ready to move out, the 10 good friends should not be members of the household.

Yes, festivals count. So your Sim could go to the Casbah Gallery as a community lot, and the Romance Festival, provided he or she spent time at the festival rather than the Gallery.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #76 on: September 08, 2019, 12:14:07 AM »
I'm repeating a previous question, but....

Once the move-out requirements are completed, does the heir move out only after their young adult birthday? Or can they move out as a teen?

My recollection is that to move out as a teen, there has to be a YA or older with them. Since there are no helpers this time, I think they have to wait until their YA birthday.

I just now started a new game to retest this.
Using Household Split & Merge, it's possible to move the premade teens to create single-sim households.
I tried this out successfully with Malcolm Landgraab, Sofie Bjergsen, Yuki Behr, Hugo Villareal, and Wolfgang Munch.

So, it's possible to move out a teen heir on their own. I have no idea now if I'd want to do that unless their YA birthday was approaching.

I haven't seen an answer to this yet, but as @oshizu has mentioned, the game does now allow teens to move out and live on their own without a YA.  I don't see anything in the rules to indicate this would not be allowed, unless that's going to be added. 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #77 on: September 08, 2019, 04:39:14 AM »
All those quesstion and me without internet. Just practice runs.  Thanks to the "mentoring" of oshizu, I'm good to go, with internet back on and game updated, and boy have I ever planned this one out.  Now watch it all go on hold while I try the Honey Money thing.  Lol. It's really made me realize how important some of the planning is and I never would have done it without this challenge.  Thank you team for this one!
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #78 on: September 08, 2019, 08:20:12 AM »
Added:

Heirs must be YAs before they move out.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #79 on: September 08, 2019, 08:23:56 AM »
I'm repeating a previous question, but....

Once the move-out requirements are completed, does the heir move out only after their young adult birthday? Or can they move out as a teen?

My recollection is that to move out as a teen, there has to be a YA or older with them. Since there are no helpers this time, I think they have to wait until their YA birthday.

I just now started a new game to retest this.
Using Household Split & Merge, it's possible to move the premade teens to create single-sim households.
I tried this out successfully with Malcolm Landgraab, Sofie Bjergsen, Yuki Behr, Hugo Villareal, and Wolfgang Munch.

So, it's possible to move out a teen heir on their own. I have no idea now if I'd want to do that unless their YA birthday was approaching.

I haven't seen an answer to this yet, but as @oshizu has mentioned, the game does now allow teens to move out and live on their own without a YA.  I don't see anything in the rules to indicate this would not be allowed, unless that's going to be added. 

We just added the rule. For the TS3 Decadynasty, heirs had to be Adults before they could move. Requiring them to be YAs at least seems like not too great a hardship.

Offline MystiKitty

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #80 on: September 08, 2019, 01:03:16 PM »
Really enjoying this challenge! I started an off-the-cuff run of this challenge and my founder, Hope Balance, claimed StrangerVille as her home town - mainly because I never got the chance to try out the story mode in that place. Did a full story on it and in the end, she recruited Nalani Mahi'ai(who had moved from Sulani to become a bartender at 8-Bells lolz, what is the game thinking?!), the military woman Geneive and Erwin Pries, who she fell in love with after the battle and moved in as her spouse. I gave him a re-traiting potion as soon as she fell pregnant on her wedding night and replaced his bad traits with Family-Oriented and Neat.

As soon as Hope got pregnant with her heir, they adopted a dark-skinned girl I named Colette as a placeholder. I am hoping that I hold off on Simming until Tuesday but I probably will turn Colette into a vampire instead. For the record, I said this was off-the-cuff due to my dependency on testingcheats so I am not going to post the story here. I may do a blog instead if anyone is interested.

The idea for the story was that Hope used to be the apprentice to the Grim Reaper and offered to do the Dynasty as a ritual to ensure that when spellcasters come to the world, they couldn't mass-produce Potions of Immortality. I got the idea after seeing the trailer for Realm of Magic and realized "A potion of eternal life? Geez, like THAT'S gonna be broken to heaven and back.  ;D" Then after seeing the Grim Reaper throw a tantrum in the trailer I thought, hey, I bet there is this council of Grim Reapers who work to ensure that the entire human race doesn't become immortal and this alchemy stuff is dangerously broken so they'd call an emergency meeting and... Oops, sorry, I tend to ramble.

But anyways, after Hope completes her requirements(she's an artist so I had her in the freelancer career until she got ten artist gigs - I was having trouble until I realized you have to do the tasks in order for them to count) and her baby reaches the proper age to move out, I plan on having them settle in Glimmerbrook and explore the magic realm. I don't want any of the heirs to become occults, though, as I am worried that might make them a bit broken. Future 'house placeholders' will become alchemists and drink potions of immortality on the crux of each heir moving out.

Great dynasty challenge, though, and not as complex as the others. I'd like to start off the tips sub-forum for those interested.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #81 on: September 08, 2019, 01:08:21 PM »
Added:

Heirs must be YAs before they move out.

Thank you very much for sharing the Team's decision on this!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #82 on: September 08, 2019, 01:09:19 PM »
Do the hidden lots (Sylvan Glade, Forgotten Grotto, Hermit's Hut) count as Community lots?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #83 on: September 08, 2019, 01:28:36 PM »
Do the hidden lots (Sylvan Glade, Forgotten Grotto, Hermit's Hut) count as Community lots?

Yes

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #84 on: September 08, 2019, 02:05:36 PM »
And another question!

My Generation 2 heir made a good friend with Bun Bun (the stuffed animal you get for completing the Egg collection). When he moved out, the relationship disappeared from his friends list. My question is whether that is a legitimate "good friend" for the requirement or not. If not, it's not a big deal. I just wanted to clarify for going forward and thought the issue may be something other players might encounter. If the childhood good friend status does not continue once an heir moves out, that option would only be available for Childish Sims who become good friends after they move out.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #85 on: September 08, 2019, 06:20:15 PM »
Once the founder or heir has reached the 10th level of a unique career, does he/she have to stay in the job until the next heir moves out, or can he/she quit the job at level 10?

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #86 on: September 08, 2019, 06:41:32 PM »
Once the founder or heir has reached the 10th level of a unique career, does he/she have to stay in the job until the next heir moves out, or can he/she quit the job at level 10?

As long as they have reached the 10th level, reach is all is required. They can quit. @MarianT

Offline MystiKitty

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #87 on: September 09, 2019, 04:37:04 AM »
My founder is praying to me about something that I know should be answered: I know this is not the same as the Ten-Gen Dynasty but do the things that an heir does when born in their parent's household count towards their requirements? Like, my first heir, Charity, made her dad a good friend. Does that count towards her ten good friends or do I have to not count it and have her make friends from scratch when she moves out? (Yes, I did read the rule you added, and I am grateful. Hope sort of knew that it would be difficult for teens to move out so she assumed that the heirs must age up to young adult before they can leave.)

And please don't call me crazy, I am just saying this stuff because I am writing a story around my Power of 10 Dynasty since I really enjoyed the story in Strangerville. By the by, are the weird plants supposed to die off after you kill the Mother Planet because they are still outside of my lot.)

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #88 on: September 09, 2019, 07:24:03 AM »
My founder is praying to me about something that I know should be answered: I know this is not the same as the Ten-Gen Dynasty but do the things that an heir does when born in their parent's household count towards their requirements? Like, my first heir, Charity, made her dad a good friend. Does that count towards her ten good friends or do I have to not count it and have her make friends from scratch when she moves out? (Yes, I did read the rule you added, and I am grateful. Hope sort of knew that it would be difficult for teens to move out so she assumed that the heirs must age up to young adult before they can leave.)

And please don't call me crazy, I am just saying this stuff because I am writing a story around my Power of 10 Dynasty since I really enjoyed the story in Strangerville. By the by, are the weird plants supposed to die off after you kill the Mother Planet because they are still outside of my lot.)

Household members do not count.

It's been a while since I played in Strangerville, I can't recall. I need to find out.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #89 on: September 09, 2019, 11:31:59 AM »

@MystiKitty
About the bizarre plants, I've placed an answer under a spoiler tag for players who have yet to solve the Strangerville Mystery.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

anything