Author Topic: The Power of 10 Dynasty  (Read 70026 times)

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: The Power of 10 Dynasty
« Reply #285 on: April 12, 2020, 09:42:22 PM »
@Tipi: sorry for the delay. You would have been fine, it's not touched upon in the rules but a dead heir with incomplete requirements versus a dead heir with complete requirements and his next heir ready to go are two massively different situations to me.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #286 on: April 27, 2020, 08:33:53 PM »
@MarianT so if this has been asked, but after they have topped their career, can they quit or retire?

Yes. Once they reach the top of their career, they can quit or retire.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #287 on: April 27, 2020, 10:38:12 PM »
@sdhoey
I hope it's okay to quit after maxing a career because that's what my founder and next 8 heirs did.

Once the founder or heir has reached the 10th level of a unique career, does he/she have to stay in the job until the next heir moves out, or can he/she quit the job at level 10?

As long as they have reached the 10th level, reach is all is required. They can quit. @MarianT

Offline mariposa1127

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #288 on: April 28, 2020, 09:55:31 PM »
Does an A- in a course count towards the list of ten "Complete 10 freelance gigs or odd jobs, or get an A in 10 courses, or some mix of these. (Note: Once your Sim has reached level 10 of the Acting career, subsequent gigs can count towards this.)" ?

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #289 on: May 10, 2020, 12:23:15 PM »
Is there a work around for the acting career bug or do I need to just change career.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #290 on: May 10, 2020, 02:12:05 PM »
@ratchie
I'm curious whether your sim's Acting gig's completed prep tasks are all resetting after traveling to the studio for the gig.
This is what happened to my last legacy heir in early February.
I got the sim's skills up then, whenever sh had a gig, she spent the first 1/3 of the gig time or so on completing prep tasks.
On April 7, EA announced in a patch that this was fixed:

Get Famous
Actor prep tasks will no longer reset on traveling.

So, I'm curious if this is the bug you're talking about. Because sometimes EA says a bug is fixed, but it's not....

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #291 on: May 10, 2020, 03:03:43 PM »
@oshizu she goes to the auditions perfectly fine but when it comes to actually going to the gig and working she just doesn't go. I don't get a late for work pop up or even a go to work option then the career tab just tells me that she is due at work in a weeks time until I cancel the gig. I have tried cancelling the gig and going to another audition but I get the exact same result.
I am perfectly fine with her moving on to another career but if there is a way to get her to go to work it would be nice.

Rachel

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #292 on: May 10, 2020, 03:15:17 PM »
There's this one workaround that involves not going through any loading screens (travel, entering CAS) between the audition and the gig.
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-GF-Acting-Career-Sim-not-getting-gig-pop-up/td-p/8930411

But, it's probably faster to switch careers. That career takes so long for every promotion!!!
Good luck!

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #293 on: May 10, 2020, 03:51:08 PM »
I think I will just move careers. Thank you for the help.

Rachel

Offline Elinoee

• Townie
« Reply #294 on: July 31, 2020, 04:30:10 PM »
Hi everybody! I have some little questions  ;)

-Are knitted objects and objects made with the fabricator ok for collection items?
-I read that the founders can't live in Britechester. Is it ok for the next heir?  Are they allowed to live in Evergreen Harbor?
-Is it ok to download our founders/heir's houses from the gallery,or do we always have to build it ourselves?

Edit: is it ok to live in a tiny house?

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #295 on: July 31, 2020, 05:58:57 PM »
@Elinoee:

- We haven't made a decision yet about Nifty Knitting knittables as collection items for any dynasty but it's a solid idea.
- Britechester doesn't have empty lots. I don't think Evergreen Harbor does either unless I missed something.
- You can download rooms but not outright lots. This does mean saving a lot piece-by-piece as rooms is fine if you can tolerate how annoying it is. :P
- Tiny houses are fine!
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Elinoee

• Townie
« Reply #296 on: July 31, 2020, 07:03:47 PM »
Thank you @Trip   :D

You're right,Evergreen Harbor and Britechester don't have empty lots.
Are we allowed to demolish an existing lot,or are these towns definetely not ok for this dynastie?

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #297 on: August 01, 2020, 02:58:55 PM »
@Elinoee

As Trip stated, no decision yet, but we are discussing it. So as soon as we have an answer, we will update you guys on that.

Shannon

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #298 on: August 02, 2020, 08:55:44 AM »
There also aren't any empty lots in San Myshuno, and we are allowed to demolish the salt house.  I hope we are allowed to demolish a house in Evergreen Harbor.  As far as Britechester, my understanding is that you can send the heirs to Uni with their starting 10,000.  My interpretation of this is that they will be living on campus.  Please let me know if this is correct.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #299 on: August 02, 2020, 11:06:43 AM »
There also aren't any empty lots in San Myshuno, and we are allowed to demolish the salt house.  I hope we are allowed to demolish a house in Evergreen Harbor.  As far as Britechester, my understanding is that you can send the heirs to Uni with their starting 10,000.  My interpretation of this is that they will be living on campus.  Please let me know if this is correct.

Heirs can go to Uni, but not the founder. Actually, I don't see anything in the rules that permit demolishing the Salt House in San Myshuno. But we could allow Sims to move into an unfurnished apartment, which would open up San Myshuno and Evergreen Harbor. What do others think? @Metropolis Man, @GlazeyLady, @sdhoey, @LenaLJ, @Trip
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.