Author Topic: The Power of 10 Dynasty  (Read 70380 times)

Offline mariposa1127

• Llama Wrangler
Re: The Power of 10 Dynasty
« Reply #225 on: January 01, 2020, 08:54:01 PM »
When will the Power of Ten Dynasty end? Is it to late to start the challenge?   :)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #226 on: January 01, 2020, 11:19:33 PM »
I recently started this challenge, which I’m really enjoying, and have a few questions now that I’ve been playing for a bit.

• My second generation heir aged to toddler with 8 days until becoming a child. If I’m not mistaken, there are only 7 days in the toddler stage. Would I need to age him up a day early, or may I age him up on his actual birthday? For reference, my lifespan settings are set to Normal as per the rules.

Don't worry about that -- just age him up when you get the "rocking birthday" notification. Young adults and adults are even more erratic in their age length.

• I read that heirs may pick up satisfaction and skill points before moving out so that they’re not starting from scratch. Does this also apply to emotional whims? For instance, can we count emotional whims competed as a toddler, child, or teen towards the unique ten?

I'm not sure how the spread sheet is set up, but if you don't mind keeping track of the whims, that's fine.

• Would Patchy count as a nonhuman friend?
[/list]

Yes, Patchy is non-human.

Thank you in advance!  :)

You're welcome! Glad you're enjoying it.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #227 on: January 01, 2020, 11:22:05 PM »
When will the Power of Ten Dynasty end? Is it to late to start the challenge?   :)

The Power of Ten is like the other dynasty challenges. It has no end. The Tournament challenges do have start and end dates, but the dynasty ones don't. People have been known to take several years to finish a dynasty.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #228 on: January 05, 2020, 09:36:41 PM »
Quick question:  the list of acceptable additions to the active household includes "children."  Is that restricted to only children of the founder/heirs, or could my heir's sister become pregnant before I move the heir out.  Realistically, I just like the idea of the heirs having family (in the form of cousins) to grow up with.  And technically, if she moves out before the delivery, there would never have been another playable/interactive character in the household.  So, is that a legal option?

Online Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #229 on: January 06, 2020, 08:08:35 AM »
@PeregrineTook a pregnant sim's unborn baby still takes up a household slot. It stinks but in these kinds of challenges it's why I like my heirs to have a brother if they can. ;)
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #230 on: January 06, 2020, 08:47:16 AM »
@PeregrineTook a pregnant sim's unborn baby still takes up a household slot. It stinks but in these kinds of challenges it's why I like my heirs to have a brother if they can. ;)
Ok, I figured that might be the case, but thought I'd ask.
Thanks for the quick reply!  I'd basically just put my dynasty file on hold until I knew for sure, but now I can get back to playing  :=)
And yes, a brother is a smarter choice, thanks for that :=)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #231 on: January 06, 2020, 09:33:53 AM »
Thanks for the quick reply!  I'd basically just put my dynasty file on hold until I knew for sure, but now I can get back to playing  :=)

I don't know why you couldn't leave a pregnant Sim behind in the household. This isn't like the Immortal Dynasty where you need to worry about household slots. Your heir will be moving to a different house and town, so it's not like you gain a helper.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #232 on: January 06, 2020, 09:44:10 AM »

I don't know why you couldn't leave a pregnant Sim behind in the household. This isn't like the Immortal Dynasty where you need to worry about household slots. Your heir will be moving to a different house and town, so it's not like you gain a helper.
Really?!?!?  That's fantastic!!  Thanks, Marian!!

Offline Myzteree

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #233 on: January 07, 2020, 03:10:22 PM »
Can Experimental Food pictures be a museum collection for this dynasty? I'm not seeing it in the drop down menu on Lena's spread sheet.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #234 on: January 18, 2020, 04:59:00 PM »
Do magical clones count as non-humans for the good friend requirement, or just as regular Sim, or not at all?  My Sim might possibly have done exactly that, but I wasn't sure how or if this counted for the requirements.

-And another question-

Does the welcome wagon count as one of the party/social event requirements?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #235 on: January 18, 2020, 08:03:28 PM »
Can Experimental Food pictures be a museum collection for this dynasty? I'm not seeing it in the drop down menu on Lena's spread sheet.

Sorry, @Myzteree, I thought I had answered this, but apparently not. Yes, it's on the list for dynasties overall.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #236 on: January 18, 2020, 08:06:29 PM »
Do magical clones count as non-humans for the good friend requirement, or just as regular Sim, or not at all?  My Sim might possibly have done exactly that, but I wasn't sure how or if this counted for the requirements.

You've stumped me on this one. I'm going to say it's still a human. Do the clones continue to exist or do they disappear after a while? If the latter, then it might not count at all...

-And another question-

Does the welcome wagon count as one of the party/social event requirements?

No. Your Sim has to set up the party. But you could decide to host a party while they're there and make them guests.
[/quote]

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #237 on: January 18, 2020, 09:59:53 PM »
You cannot throw a second social event while in the middle of one. So you would have to cancel the welcome wagon to throw a party. However and this was probably a glitch my game auto cancelled my dinner party to start a friend hangout. I didn't count that party as one of my completed requirements but I was a little irritated at my game.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #238 on: January 18, 2020, 10:01:42 PM »

You've stumped me on this one. I'm going to say it's still a human. Do the clones continue to exist or do they disappear after a while? If the latter, then it might not count at all...
The clone has continued to exist.  She's been a guest at a party, she's gone out beachcombing with Tavi, she comes over to the house, so yeah, she seems to be a lasting figure.  I figured it made the best sense that she counted as a human, but figured I'd check since it's kind of a new feature to the game.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #239 on: January 24, 2020, 04:14:01 AM »
If a Sims spouse dies are they allowed to remarry. Spouse dying of old age or accident not player intervention.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

anything