Author Topic: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge  (Read 643655 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge
« Reply #1605 on: February 06, 2013, 07:17:00 PM »
I have a few questions:
1. Can we start the DecaDynasty with Claire because she hasn't had her baby yet? Or would that still be against the rules?
2. For the NPC requirement, are we going to have 10 NPC's on the lot or friends with all of them. I've heard it both ways.
3. Can we tweak the age sliders as long as we stay with in normal life span. e.g.- 2 baby days and 5 toddler days since that only shortens the life by 3 days.
Thank you in advance.
Welcome to the forum!

Claire doesn't count as a possible founder ever because unborn baby counts as part of the household which means she's a household with children and Claire can't be moved in unless she suddenly gets roommates because you can't leave the baby in the household by itself.  No step kids in the founder's house.

The rule specifically states you have to be friends with 10 NPCs.   Where did you see on the lot?   NPCs are rarely on the lot at the same time.

No tweaking.   It's normal life stage as it comes that way everyone plays on the same field.  Shortening the life of your kids would be cheating because you wouldn't have to deal with the younger stages as long as everyone else has/is.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Ceewah

• Nooboo
« Reply #1606 on: February 06, 2013, 09:52:31 PM »
Welcome to the forum!

Claire doesn't count as a possible founder ever because unborn baby counts as part of the household which means she's a household with children and Claire can't be moved in unless she suddenly gets roommates because you can't leave the baby in the household by itself.  No step kids in the founder's house.

The rule specifically states you have to be friends with 10 NPCs.   Where did you see on the lot?   NPCs are rarely on the lot at the same time.

No tweaking.   It's normal life stage as it comes that way everyone plays on the same field.  Shortening the life of your kids would be cheating because you wouldn't have to deal with the younger stages as long as everyone else has/is.

Thanks for clearing that up. I love this challenge and will start it soon!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Kasumitkhs

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1607 on: February 08, 2013, 06:37:31 PM »
So I'm back from a very long hiatus from the Sims and decided to start a DecaDynasty. I've even made a post over in the stories section, Jolina-Wolff.
The last time I read the rules, I remembered that WA opportunities weren't allowed to be used as BlackOps. Has the rule changed? It now reads:

6. Heirs must complete 10 unique Opportunities (BlackOps) that no other heir has completed. These can be Career, Skill, Special Opportunities and up to 3 adventures per heir.

Do these "3 adventures" refer to WA adventures which will count toward BlackOps?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1608 on: February 08, 2013, 06:39:02 PM »
So I'm back from a very long hiatus from the Sims and decided to start a DecaDynasty. I've even made a post over in the stories section, Jolina-Wolff.
The last time I read the rules, I remembered that WA opportunities weren't allowed to be used as BlackOps. Has the rule changed? It now reads:

Do these "3 adventures" refer to WA adventures which will count toward BlackOps?

Yes the rule did change.  There have been a couple of rule changes so make sure you understand them correctly before getting much further in your DecaDynasty.  The most notably are the ones that involve the new expansions, the ability to change towns twice and of course the one you just mentioned.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline obligatorysimpun

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1609 on: February 11, 2013, 04:46:05 PM »
I'm loving the dynasty challenge, but I already need a new graphics card to play it with any reliability. This, on the other hand, is perfect! No house to get overloaded with 8 gens of stuff, no single lot to get bugged, no giant lot requirement. Yay!

Offline sunshine_2406

• Occult
  • Call me Alice :)
« Reply #1610 on: February 12, 2013, 10:29:42 AM »
I may have missed it, but is the LTW a requirement before moving?

Edit: Also, does the new heir have to be born 10 days after turning adult or 10 days after moving into the new house? Thanks!
From the moment I fell down that rabbit hole I've been told what I must do and who I must be. I've been shrunk, stretched, scratched and stuffed into a teapot. I've been accused of being Alice, and of not being Alice, but this is my dream. I'll decide where it goes from here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #1611 on: February 12, 2013, 11:46:30 AM »
sunshine, the LTW does not have to be completed in this challenge. And the new heir has to be born within 10 days after the move to the new house.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sunshine_2406

• Occult
  • Call me Alice :)
« Reply #1612 on: February 12, 2013, 11:47:36 AM »
sunshine, the LTW does not have to be completed in this challenge. And the new heir has to be born within 10 days after the move to the new house.

That's what I was hoping for :P thanks.
From the moment I fell down that rabbit hole I've been told what I must do and who I must be. I've been shrunk, stretched, scratched and stuffed into a teapot. I've been accused of being Alice, and of not being Alice, but this is my dream. I'll decide where it goes from here.

Offline obligatorysimpun

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1613 on: February 12, 2013, 12:51:26 PM »
Is there a list of everyone who has completed this challenge? There aren't any in the Hall of Fame, but I'm guessing that's because the same people who completed this challenge completed another challenge later, and it replaced it.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1614 on: February 12, 2013, 12:55:35 PM »
No one has completed this challenge.

Offline obligatorysimpun

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1615 on: February 12, 2013, 03:27:40 PM »
Oh, wow.

Is anyone close? What's the farthest anyone has gotten in the challenge?

For those of you who have gotten close, what has been your reason for not completing it? Has there just not been enough time, did you stop in order to do the life states dynasty instead, something else?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1616 on: February 12, 2013, 03:45:36 PM »
The farthest anyone is I think is gen 9.  The stories are on the story boards and a lot of it has to do with it just takes that much time.  It's the hardest challenge by far.  The files become huge and hard to manage.   There are game glitches and expansions have come out with possible game breaking glitches.   

This is not something that can just be done in a few weeks.  All of the requirements have to be in place while the heir is an adult each and every time.  You have to move to the next house and get that next heir in 10 days.  That's a lot of people to juggle and things to make sure are in place so you don't fail.   

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #1617 on: February 12, 2013, 04:15:59 PM »
Also, there is no such thing as "replacing" in the Dynasty Challenge Hall - it's only "additionally."

Offline obligatorysimpun

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1618 on: February 12, 2013, 08:36:00 PM »
Also, there is no such thing as "replacing" in the Dynasty Challenge Hall - it's only "additionally."

Oh, that's neat, I read a thread the other day where Metro said only your highest Dynasty score would be kept in the Hall of Fame, but it was from years ago. It must have been from before there were multiple types of dynasties or something like that. So glad that I was mistaken!

I'm surprised the files get so big, what causes that, from a technical standpoint? I thought that since you're constantly moving and not required to have previous heirs in the household like the other dynasties, that the file size would actually be smaller than, say, the original dynasty, where the house fills up with collectibles and immortals.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1619 on: February 12, 2013, 08:39:09 PM »
Oh, that's neat, I read a thread the other day where Metro said only your highest Dynasty score would be kept in the Hall of Fame, but it was from years ago. It must have been from before there were multiple types of dynasties or something like that. So glad that I was mistaken!

I'm surprised the files get so big, what causes that, from a technical standpoint? I thought that since you're constantly moving and not required to have previous heirs in the household like the other dynasties, that the file size would actually be smaller than, say, the original dynasty, where the house fills up with collectibles and immortals.

Oh no.  The game still has to store all of your travelling data, all the data for every sim that ever lived, all the houses in the neighborhood, the data for who works where, the inventories of every Sim plust all the other things that are part of a Sim's life even the ones not in your house.   That all adds up and none of it disappears.  Plus if you have memories enabled the game saves every memory for every Sim in the neighborhood and beyond.

anything