Author Topic: Imaginary Friends  (Read 415479 times)

paperangel

Re: Imaginary Friends
« Reply #60 on: June 07, 2011, 12:49:41 AM »
If its intended that eventho the friend is invisible but its still occupying space and the sims can detect that, the point of friends being invisible doesnt seem that usefull.
Imaginary means to me its only real to the sim who sees it, it should not exist for other sims. Therefor it should not be able to block or hinder movement.

I think it's kind of cute, like when a five-year-old tells you that you can't sit there because that's where their friend is sitting. It can occasionally get annoying in real life, too, but all you have to do is ask them nicely if they will play with their friend somewhere else.

Alternatively, though I wish they had made it possible to clip through the imaginary friends that you can't see, and then get scolded by the child for being rude.  ;D

By the way, I had an elder sim who still had her imaginary friend. It seems like as long as they stay friends they'll age up together. Untill the sim dies anyway, then it turns back into a doll. I'm still waiting to see if she can get it to transform again from beyond the grave.  :o

Nevermind, no luck there.

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #61 on: June 07, 2011, 03:06:36 AM »
That sounds interesting paperangel. Have you thought of giving the same doll to a descendent, and seeing if it can be used again, and if the same imaginary friend appears?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

paperangel

« Reply #62 on: June 07, 2011, 05:48:43 AM »
I did, actually. Unfortunately, it appears that only the original owner of the doll can get it to transform into an imaginary friend. Something neat I found out though is that if you have your sim make their imaginary friend real, and subsequently marry and have kids with it, all of the kids can also change into doll form. I'm thinking of making an "Imagination Land" and populating it entirely with imaginary friends.  ;)

Offline Chopsticks

• Townie
« Reply #63 on: June 07, 2011, 10:33:20 AM »
My copy of Generations is coming in two days and I want to ask, by move in do you mean evicting and then putting them back again, or opening the file again or changing households then back. My Dynasty heir is two days old and I want him to have one.
"Doors are for people with no imagination" - Derek Landy

Offline chrissie

• Townie
« Reply #64 on: June 07, 2011, 02:16:27 PM »
I found that it did not need to be the child themselves who studied chemistry. In my family the older brother made the potion at around level 5 or 6  so I just had him leave it where his little sister could get it. My CAS made toddler had an IF doll, but the home born child got one in the post as others have said. I have one IF turned real and she is now a teen. I think they are great fun and I did see one in doll form move earlier with sparkles!

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #65 on: June 08, 2011, 08:59:05 AM »
Ok, it doesn't seem that adopted kids get an imaginary friend.  Current family had one son born and he received his in the mail.  Then they adopted four more infants.  None of them came with the IF and none of them received it in the mail either after joining the family or when they had their toddler birthday.  The oldest is now a child and the four toddlers are about to 1-2-3-4 their child birthdays although at this point I don't expect them to receive anything.

Has anyone had an adopted child come with, or receive, the IF?

On another note, dad made the potion.  How does the child use it?  Does it have to be sitting out or in his inventory?
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline chrissie

• Townie
« Reply #66 on: June 08, 2011, 09:38:47 AM »
Sincere apologies for my gaffe earlier. My CAS toddler did not get an IF. I got my families mixed up. As my family are always saying if I had a brain I'd be dangerous!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #67 on: June 08, 2011, 01:09:53 PM »

On another note, dad made the potion.  How does the child use it?  Does it have to be sitting out or in his inventory?

Dad gives kid the potion, then your child talks to his imaginary friend and you get an option (highlighted in yellow I think) to "Offer to make real"  your imaginary friend agrees and the animation is your child giving the potion, the friend drinking it, magic happens and tada  its alive *insert Frankenstein movie madness here  "Its Alive... ALIVE!  muwhahahah"

paperangel

« Reply #68 on: June 08, 2011, 08:46:38 PM »
Ok, it doesn't seem that adopted kids get an imaginary friend.  Current family had one son born and he received his in the mail.  Then they adopted four more infants.  None of them came with the IF and none of them received it in the mail either after joining the family or when they had their toddler birthday.  The oldest is now a child and the four toddlers are about to 1-2-3-4 their child birthdays although at this point I don't expect them to receive anything.

Has anyone had an adopted child come with, or receive, the IF?

I had an adopted child who recieved one. There's supposedly a small chance that even a child born in-game won't recieve one. I guess the developer felt that it wouldn't be very realistic if everyone had one.  :P

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #69 on: June 08, 2011, 10:49:52 PM »
So far I haven't had any in-game born sim not receive the doll and no sim not born in game has received it.

My kid used the potion and it worked.  Now his brother and his IF are romantically involved.  Curiosity has struck so as soon as some of the other kids become young adults they will be moving out to allow a baby between those two so I can see the options their child will have.
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline GenTheHen

• Townie
« Reply #70 on: June 08, 2011, 11:38:59 PM »
So there's a glitch that might make sim/Imaginary friend hybrids??
That would be highly interesting!
Better find out simmers before a patch/fix comes out that stops this from happening!

paperangel

« Reply #71 on: June 09, 2011, 01:42:19 AM »
so theres a glitch that might make sim/Imaginary friend hybrids??
That would be highly interesting!
Better find out simmers before a patch/fix comes out that stops this from happening!

It's not a glitch. Once you turn the imaginary friend real, they can do everything a normal sim can, even have babbies with other IFs turned real. I have one game in which I'm on my third generation of pure bred IFs, and all their kids get the dolls too! ;D

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #72 on: June 11, 2011, 05:36:26 PM »
Hrm. My sim's imaginary friend came to his wedding, and got stuck on the clapping/cheering/confetti portion of the proceedings. (So did two of the other guests. How annoying.)

I used resetsim on the imaginary friend, and that might have been a mistake - she vanished from the lot, and didn't turn up in doll form when the sim went to sleep. I haven't seen either the friend or the doll around the lot - but she did send the happy couple a wedding gift! So my sim's new wife has the imaginary friend as an acquaintance.

So: Did I accidentally make my imaginary friend a "real" denizen of the NPC Bin? Is there anything I can do to get her back?
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #73 on: June 11, 2011, 07:53:53 PM »
It's not a glitch. Once you turn the imaginary friend real, they can do everything a normal sim can, even have babbies with other IFs turned real. I have one game in which I'm on my third generation of pure bred IFs, and all their kids get the dolls too! ;D

They don't have to get together with another IF to have babies.  4 of my 5 kids had IF and they married all their IF, and a good percentage of the Sim/IF hybrid children can turn into IF as well!  which is hilarious when you have them in their IF form and send to go dancing at the club!  :D

paperangel

« Reply #74 on: June 12, 2011, 01:55:01 AM »
which is hilarious when you have them in their IF form and send to go dancing at the club!  :D
That's awesome, I'll have to try it! ;D

anything