Author Topic: Imaginary Friends  (Read 415329 times)

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
Re: Imaginary Friends
« Reply #360 on: February 29, 2012, 05:26:42 AM »
My teenage Sim, who had my first imaginary friend ever, just turned to an adult and he along with it.  She finally made that potion to turn him real...and his genetics are somewhat bizarre.  While he's quite a handsome fellow, his hair is blue!  I should have taken a screenshot, but I haven't yet.  I will do so at my first opportunity.  Do all IF's end up with weirdnesses like that?

I noticed that he has the ability to turn into a toy, which I found kind of neat.  I actually have him spend more time in that form lol.  The guy who took her to the prom (whom she loved, but never had the chance to commit to) ended up getting engaged to some other girl immediately after they grew up, so she's dating her somewhat less than imaginary friend now (that will show him, right?).  I know that IF's are considered occults, so is the ability to turn into a toy inheritable?
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #361 on: February 29, 2012, 05:31:40 AM »
My IF hair was blue also.  Might need to check out the part, to see if they can turn back, never thought about it. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

loveSims

« Reply #362 on: February 29, 2012, 08:17:41 AM »
Their hair can be blue or green. But they have kind of generic features. They all look alike to me lol! But they have gorgeous eyes. ;D

nemaline

« Reply #363 on: February 29, 2012, 10:59:37 AM »
I've only had one IF turn real, and her hair was red - bright red, not a natural red! It looked great on her, though. Her eyes were also an unusually bright shade of blue.

I am pretty sure the ability to turn into a toy is inheritable, too.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #364 on: February 29, 2012, 11:43:13 AM »
I am pretty sure the ability to turn into a toy is inheritable, too.

Offspring of an Imaginary Friend can't turn into the Childs Doll but they can turn from Sim Form into the Imaginary Friend Form.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

nemaline

« Reply #365 on: February 29, 2012, 12:22:15 PM »
Offspring of an Imaginary Friend can't turn into the Childs Doll but they can turn from Sim Form into the Imaginary Friend Form.

Ah, yes, that's what I meant to say. Thanks for clarifying my poor choice of words!

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #366 on: February 29, 2012, 03:19:41 PM »

That's precisely what I was asking.  Thanks!
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #367 on: March 01, 2012, 02:36:55 AM »
That's precisely what I was asking.  Thanks!

You're welcome.  :) Panther Character had the ability in the file he was born in to turn into the Imaginary Friend Form and his Grandmother was the Imaginary Friend. Both his Mother and his Uncle (Twins) were also able to turn.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #368 on: March 01, 2012, 02:57:18 AM »
I've turned many IF's real. I've seen purple hair, blue hair and regular "normal" hair. Their eyes have always been different though. Bright blue, green, even turquoise. I've never stayed with a file long enough to breed them though.  ::)

Offline Noodles

• Occult
  • Guineapig lover ♥
« Reply #369 on: March 28, 2012, 05:07:28 AM »
I sent my teenage sim to a boarding school. He's been there for a long while now, and suddenly, I noticed his imaginary friend strolling around town (it was not made real yet).
I guess the imaginary friend was not in his inventory when he left to the boarding school, and now it's "on the loose"! Ofcourse, my other sims can't see him (and neither can I as I can't control the teenager sent away) but I can follow him in mapview, as I see all of the sims' icons due to a mod. I spotted him visiting parks etc.

Now that I noticed this, I remember that he actually hasn't been on the home lot ever since the kid left for the boarding school. (I know as his icon has not been there) Has he been strolling around the town all this time? Are they supposed to do this when their "owner" goes away? I'm a bit curious if he will just teleport to the home lot when I take the kid back from the school...

thesweetestpea

« Reply #370 on: March 29, 2012, 08:29:59 PM »
We should have an Imaginary Friend Show-off thread like the Townie Children and the old Adopted Sims one. I turned my first two today, both with the potion. Chi Chi was turned when her sim-buddy was a teen, and Onyx was turned when his was a child. They both have funny hair.

Offline warr2098

• Future Neurologist
  • Immortal
« Reply #371 on: April 04, 2012, 12:03:11 PM »
Got generations and my 3rd toddler got a IF! :D
It's now a real sim as a child; I love the strut  ;)
It's annoying how they sometimes have no voice, but is solved by ageing up...

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #372 on: April 04, 2012, 07:42:44 PM »
I've read through this topic before, but I don't remember this being asked previously: I know IFs come with a name, but is their gender also assigned?  I was going to let the IFs in this particular family remain as they are, unless they're all going to be boys or girls and no mix of each.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #373 on: April 04, 2012, 07:46:09 PM »
I've read through this topic before, but I don't remember this being asked previously: I know IFs come with a name, but is their gender also assigned?  I was going to let the IFs in this particular family remain as they are, unless they're all going to be boys or girls and no mix of each.

I assume if you don't change the name then it comes with a 50:50 of a Boy/Girl  gender. You can decide though by giving the doll a Girl or a Boy name - you get the option to do either and can keep changing it till the IF Doll turns IF or the Toddler becomes a Child? Not quite sure when you can't change it anymore.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #374 on: April 04, 2012, 07:47:36 PM »
You can't change the name anymore once the owner has become a child.   Also, if you change the name - all of the work gone towards the "relationship" is gone.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

anything