Author Topic: Completing an Immortal Dynasty Hints and Tips (Not Questions)  (Read 241115 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: Completing an Immortal Dynasty Hints and Tips
« Reply #270 on: December 30, 2012, 12:32:14 AM »
Just another lovely random museum question:
What is the best way to total up the value? Click each item and write down the value, or is there another easier way?

I used what paper I had handy and wrote it all down.  It happened to be my notebook of random Sims facts at the time.  I wrote down each piece in separate columns and did small calculations per immortal and then added all the big ones.  I took the time to triple check every number that went into the notebook and triple checked every number that went into the calculator to make sure it was right.   It took longer than I wanted it to but I knew without a doubt that the number at the end was the right one.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #271 on: December 30, 2012, 12:30:41 PM »
I don't think that tiberium obtained through the witch's conversion ritual will grow. One of my witches got one, got the spire cut, and planted it and the tiberium dust, but after a week nothing had happened. It can still give a boost if you get it cut at the elixir shop and consign it there, but it's $12,000 rather than $35,000.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #272 on: December 30, 2012, 09:33:35 PM »
Just another lovely random museum question:
What is the best way to total up the value? Click each item and write down the value, or is there another easier way?

I play on my desktop and have my laptop next to it watching/listening to songs from musicals and/or Hercule Poirot episodes through Youtube on it. I also use my laptop to track things like my progress of immortals (so I'm not forever having to close and open my other screen), have this forum open and record the museum values directly into a spreadsheet.

I check the values of all relevant museum pieces whenever I add a new one to the existing museum and update my spreadsheet. Thanks to the formulas I use, it automagically adds up the current value of things in the museum.

Now, if I had two monitors on this desktop, I wouldn't have to worry about how to get my screenshots through to this forum. THAT is the part I really struggle with.

Dek

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #273 on: January 02, 2013, 12:39:38 PM »
Hey, guys...I'm sort of starting to collect ideas for my next effort, and I'm wondering. What are some towns people don't have too much trouble with? Besides the starting two, I mean; Sunset Valley's a little played out, and I'm not yet confident I can work within Riverview again without playing out the same old story (but I do have some ideas...) I know that Hidden Springs, the only other option I've really sat down and vetted, can get problematic fast, so....Reccomendations for a town?
Stories In Progress:
The Avyan Immortal Dynasty

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #274 on: January 02, 2013, 12:53:10 PM »
It depends on what you have.  There's a bug right now for towns with combined rabbit holes not giving opportunities so that's half of the towns right there. 

I'm a big fan of Lunar Lakes, Lucky Palms, Sunlit Tides and Monte Vista right now.   The loading times aren't horrendous at all.  Artie at his worst was still within a half hour at week 62.   And that was with meticulous memory deletion.    Not to mention these worlds are all very open for customization with the placement of needed lots.  SV you run out of space but I didn't have that problem with these spots.  I know the store worlds aren't available to everyone though.

It comes down to what kind of story are you telling and what town just.. fits.    Something to always consider is how well do you know the town you're choosing.  Are you going to need to scramble for special seeds?  Do you have any idea what the residents are like for spouse choice or possible helpers?   Is the town pretty in a blanket of snow? :)  That kind of thing you know?

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #275 on: January 02, 2013, 02:57:06 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions; I've been doing some vetting on my own and trying to make up my mind, so that helped a lot.
Stories In Progress:
The Avyan Immortal Dynasty

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #276 on: January 02, 2013, 03:43:15 PM »
You can get some information about towns and townies on, well, the Towns and Townies board. Here are some especially helpful threads: http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,11445.0.html and actually now I can't find the other one. :(

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #277 on: January 02, 2013, 03:47:22 PM »
You can get some information about towns and townies on, well, the Towns and Townies board. Here are some especially helpful threads: http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,11445.0.html and actually now I can't find the other one. :(

If you're talking about the one that bubbles started , then they were merged because they were basically the same topic and we don't keep duplicate topics on the board if we can help it.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #278 on: January 02, 2013, 03:57:29 PM »
I actually just figured that out and was coming back to edit my post  ;D But thanks Rica, I appreciate that. I could have been wondering for days!

By samoht04

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #279 on: January 03, 2013, 12:32:31 AM »
So I caved and got the greenhouse from The Store. Though I haven't tried it with the Amaranths yet, I decided to test it out with Blaise Kindle. It took her a week to get halfway to supermaxing gardening with that thing. :o It seems so cheaty, but I'm really worried that Ingram won't supermax gardening in time without a little help from it (I send him out on too many side missions for his own good).

This is something I'm learning far too late. Get your fishing done early! I was toeing the line with the Graves when it came to Skeet getting deathfish before winter set in, and I think I messed up even worse this time by letting Wei focus on his job instead of fishing.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #280 on: January 03, 2013, 12:54:19 AM »
So I caved and got the greenhouse from The Store. Though I haven't tried it with the Amaranths yet, I decided to test it out with Blaise Kindle. It took her a week to get halfway to supermaxing gardening with that thing. :o It seems so cheaty, but I'm really worried that Ingram won't supermax gardening in time without a little help from it (I send him out on too many side missions for his own good).

This is something I'm learning far too late. Get your fishing done early! I was toeing the line with the Graves when it came to Skeet getting deathfish before winter set in, and I think I messed up even worse this time by letting Wei focus on his job instead of fishing.

No kidding! Even by fall the graveyard is so cold at night you can't fish.

By samoht04

Offline smartburn

• Occult
« Reply #281 on: January 03, 2013, 02:01:45 AM »
With the lack of luck I've had in trying to find lifefruit seeds in Lunar Lakes, I'm very tempted by the Al Fresco Market, just for the cart - I seem to find everything but those seeds. I think I managed to plant one though (it was worth closer to 40 simoleons versus 20 or 0), although I don't quite remember where I planted it - I'm paranoid that the pygmy turtle my gardening/fishing slave roommate Amira Grace had in her inventory for a bit ate the seed, but probably not. I hope.  ::)  I have some time left though, and I'm closing in on getting a collection helper so we'll see what happens.

Anyway, speaking of premium content, there's one thing to note about the MultiTab3000 (or whatever it's called) and happiness points - while it is one of the best investments I've ever made through the store, I noticed that unless sims actively practice the skill being learned (i.e., pulling weeds, fixing/upgrading toilets and such, writing novels, etc.), the wishes to do anything related to the skill pop up rarely if at all. None of my helpers received any wishes to master the skill that was being learned only via tabcast - Amira only got the one for fishing because I finally found angelfish (across from the 64x64 lot, same area where special seeds are sometimes) and had her go wild at the pond when she was a low level 9, but she did not get the wish for gardening. I don't regret using it and am still using it, but I'd probably have my collection helper by now had I used it a little less, and my founder is now going for the Food Replicator over Fireproof Homestead as her third and final unique LTR because of it.

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #282 on: January 03, 2013, 02:10:01 AM »

No kidding! Even by fall the graveyard is so cold at night you can't fish.

Wouldn't the Likes the Cold LTR from seasons help with that in the fall - or do the fish go dormant at a certain temperature?

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #283 on: January 03, 2013, 05:57:08 AM »
Regarding the fishing - it seems to me that the water in lakes/ponds actually freezes over sometimes in autumn and spring and on those days you are unable to fish. I've noticed that the water in the ocean doesn't freeze and that my angler is able to fish in the ocean (Sunset Valley) even when the snow is falling. I don't know about rivers, but it could well be the same in rivers.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #284 on: January 03, 2013, 07:30:00 AM »
Also about fishing is to make note is that the private pond I made on my property didn't seem to freeze over.   I bet you could put one in an enclosed room (like a greenhouse) and have a cat fish there.  Since cats get everything from water and not just the local stuff.

I will never ever start another dynasty without a cat. 

anything