Author Topic: Completing an Immortal Dynasty Hints and Tips (Not Questions)  (Read 242998 times)

Offline fansidoodle

• Townie
Re: Completing an Immortal Dynasty Hints and Tips (Not Questions)
« Reply #780 on: June 09, 2016, 04:28:03 PM »
Has anyone finished a dynasty with Into the future installed? If so, what're some tips for opportunities and did you have an immortal supermax any of the new skills that came with it?I just got it but now I'm weary lol

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #781 on: June 09, 2016, 05:19:17 PM »
I still have ITF installed, I just use the expansion/stuff pack selector to unselect ITF when I'm doing IDs. I used to play with ITF selected as well, but have since stopped having it selected. When I had ITF selected: I choose self employed careers for my targeted immortals (I also play with ambitions). I would then move them into rabbit hole careers for opportunities (after they reach level 10 in their self employed career). If you feel you can deal with the mechanics of being a celebrity (and have late night installed) celebrity opportunities aren't affected by the ITF bug. Opportunities given to kids/teens in school and after school activities seem unaffected by the ITF bug and can be used to meet the 6 black ops requirement as do the opportunities that appear around your town from time to time.

I haven't played around with any of the careers/skills from ITF.

Just remember the travelling ban until Gen 2 becomes a YA extends to ITF travel. Also, there is an opp or two associated with the time traveler that also counts towards black ops, and this can even be done by Gen 1  (just don't follow Emit into the future).

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #782 on: June 09, 2016, 06:25:22 PM »
@fansidoodle: Off-topic, but I edited your post to bring the font size back to the default. If you could stick to the default font for regular posts, that'd be great. :)

(No REAL answers from me because I skipped out on ITF entirely :P)
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #783 on: June 10, 2016, 07:30:38 AM »
I've had one of my dynasty immortals supermax Bot Building.  Apart from the Plumbot tune-ups and finding or buying the rare nanites, the other two challenges can be done at your base town.  You will still get black ops to debug different rabbitholes in your home town.  But the random re-appearances of Emit (which comes from visiting ITF) became really really irritating.

If you want to try the Advanced Technology, you may find the Digital Dreamer challenge is a real deal breaker as your Sim changes from the dreams.  Also with the Laser Rhythm-a-con, the challenge of getting $25,000 in tips is harder to max out as you can't play the Laser Rhythm-a-con for tips in the subway so that quick and easy method is not possible.

It might be prudent to try to supermax the skill you want to use in a non-dynasty game first and see if you like it.  Personally, I'd never used ITF again for a supermax skill.
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #784 on: June 12, 2016, 10:55:38 AM »
@Magz from Oz  The Dream Sleeper is actually the easiest part of Advanced Technology to complete. For one thing, your sim doesn't have to be tired to use it and have it count towards the number of dreams. So you can honestly get through several dreams in a night if your sim starts with full energy. Second, your sim can start using it as a child in the base town as it is an available bed. Third, most of the changes are a)documented on the internet and b) are temporary, using the moodlet manager will put everything to rights. Fourth, the bad, good, and I believe neutral endings of all dreams count towards the final number needed to supermax.

Offline farbe

• Nooboo
« Reply #785 on: November 18, 2016, 01:39:31 PM »
I am about halfway through an Immortal Dynasty in Hidden Springs and wanted to share my starting strategy.

My male founder moved in the Shue family (Granny Shue, an elder, and her four adopted children).  Granny had four points of cooking and five of gardening, and she lived long enough to put a few meals in the fridge and skill her gardening up to the point where she could get some special seeds in the ground.  The four children all took up a Dynasty-useful skill, and since they were children when they moved in, I had control over their last two traits.  Carlotta took Angler and Loner and became my fisherwoman, Dany took Artistic and Handy to become my repairman and artist, Gary took Savvy Sculptor and Loner to become my sculptor, and Star took Natural Cook and Perfectionist to become my cook.  Star also became my founder's wife eventually and provided generation 2.

Offline farbe

• Nooboo
« Reply #786 on: February 25, 2018, 08:22:26 AM »
Double post over a year later!  Seems everyone has moved on to TS4 except for me :D

I just finished my Immortal Dynasty in Hidden Springs.  It was a lot of fun and took me a lot longer than I'd thought to complete.  A few thoughts...

- I wish I'd left a "stick them in the corner and let them do their thing" type skill as a free skill.  Something like painting, sculpting, or fishing where I could let the elders do whatever they wanted. 

- Similarly, my Sim who supermaxed martial arts and maxed the athletic career never retired, and it was an awesome career for managing him as an elder.  Athletes work a lot, which is great when you're trying to keep elders busy. 

- Everyone warns off of Charisma as a supermax, but I would recommend it as a generation 8 supermax.  IMO it's the easiest supermax in the game, and you'll be a bit burned out and micromanaging 7 elders by that point.  You'll be glad to have an easy supermax for the last one.  Just have a backup plan in case someone accidentally gets Charisma skill points.

- Riding was the most fun I had supermaxing anything the whole game!  It gets a little crazy with all the horses you have to befriend/adopt so I was glad I followed the tip earlier in this thread about doing it early in the game (I went with generation 4).  My horsewoman Sim ended up being my favorite :)

- Read the rules carefully.  Then read them again.  Then ask questions.  Then look for answers to your questions elsewhere.  Then read the rules again!  I resurrected Daisy Romero for generation 6's spouse and nearly failed the challenge until I triple checked this thread and realized that YES you can resurrect pre-made ghosts but NO they cannot have ambrosia.  Since playable ghosts age no matter what you do, I had initially thought ambrosia would be OK for her and was so glad I double and triple checked.  Be sure you are all right with the chance of ghost babies if you want a resurrected spouse - I got lucky and didn't get a ghostboo.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #787 on: May 13, 2019, 08:41:43 AM »
Having a fun 'official' play of the ID in Aurora Skies at the moment.

I decided to bring in the 'Hostility-Free Hostel" 'family'. Let's see ... there is Miriam Day (YA), she dislikes children, but she does come with level 9 cooking and 4 athletics. She is unemployed. Her other traits are green thumb, handy, excitable and good sense of humor; she wants to be a chess legend. I basically have used her to sculpt (and let her switch out dislikes children for savvy sculptor) chef and she fixes up broken appliances on the side. She'll soon use her green thumb to revive death flowers and take over in the garden.

She has three housemates (hostel mates?)

Angelica Diamond is the youngest of the household and has mastered her Painting and Athletics Skills and is level 9 Charisma. She is unemployed (though my game put her in stylist career) and has traits of flirty, loves the outdoors, excitable, virtuoso and good; she wants to be super popular (and starts with something like 8 friends). I basically have her as the painter.

My founder married Ciro Perry, an Adult and the oldest of the gang. He has level 7 fishing and level 5 writing. His traits are angler, easily impressed, excitable, brave and good and wants to present the perfect private aquarium. Like the others he's unemployed at the start of the game; he's the family angler at the start of game.

The final housemate is Pedro Herrerra, a young adult. He has mastered guitar and has 3 points in gardening. Traits are angler, coward, virtuoso, good sense of humor and lucky; and he wants to be a heartbreaker. He too is unemployed at start of game. I had him marry Angelica and he, together with my founder and in time Miriam look after the garden. In the early days he also played the guitar for Angelica and Miriam while they painted and sculpted respectively.

My founder had alchemy as her supermax and was a witch. She also gardened, but her main focus has been on the alchemy

If you are (or expect to be) running tight on unique LTRs, you could do something like what I do ... choose 'expired' LTRs as a unique LTR.

By this, I mean, chose one that's legal for the game type, but after you've done what you need to do with that immortal.

EG ... Your current targeted to be immortal needs a third LTR, their heir is already born, the targeted immortal isn't going to have another child, and no immortal has picked 'Fertility Treatment' as a qualifying LTR? Give 'em that old razzle dazzle ... sorry, I meant Fertility Treatment.

Even if you don't use Mixology as a unique skill, you can give a targeted immortal Better Mixologist, same thing with Clean Slate and romantic interaction, and that was deliberate with showtime careers. There is nothing (apart from your expansion packs) stopping you picking those as a unique ltr if you need one.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #788 on: July 19, 2019, 11:00:26 AM »
@farbe I love being a year and a half late to things. If this message ever reaches you, it sounds like you were Hall of Fame eligible so give me a PM! Athletic is a pretty good "infinite pleasure" skill to leave free. I had my elders complete the challenges that let them work out almost indefinitely, because the Pumped moodlet overrides energy needs and they all had Steel Bladder, used the "Don't Break a Sweat" tone, etc.

Offline Chubling

• Occult
« Reply #789 on: January 05, 2020, 02:23:45 PM »
I keep running into a problem with ghosts. They keep vanishing from my sims relationship bars. I'm in Moonlight Falls, so it's all ghosts that start the game (Violet Slymer and the Goths). They are still there, but I have to manually search for them and I can't call them over or invite them places by phone. It's not the end of the world, but it's making it a bit more difficult and I need to get Violet' s nose passed down

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #790 on: January 05, 2020, 03:23:02 PM »
I keep running into a problem with ghosts. They keep vanishing from my sims relationship bars. I'm in Moonlight Falls, so it's all ghosts that start the game (Violet Slymer and the Goths). They are still there, but I have to manually search for them and I can't call them over or invite them places by phone. It's not the end of the world, but it's making it a bit more difficult and I need to get Violet' s nose passed down

Yeah ghosts in inactive households do that. Makes inviting them to parties difficult too! I don't really know of a workaround either. EA really wanted to jump on the resident ghosts bandwagon for some of their towns once they could make them in CAS and never worked out some of the bugs (like ghosts disappearing instead of aging up)

anything