Author Topic: Completing an Immortal Dynasty Hints and Tips (Not Questions)  (Read 240943 times)

Offline Crazylittleloon

• Occult
  • Ruining your childhood since 1995
Re: Completing an Immortal Dynasty Hints and Tips (Not Questions)
« Reply #660 on: November 23, 2013, 10:01:11 PM »
I've actually gotten death notices for professors that my sims befriended.

Related to the spending money tip, do you want your immortals to constantly bathe in a 75+ moodlet, but without needing ambrosia every single week? Simple! Feed them ambrosia every two weeks! One week is spent with the 75+ Divine Meal moodlet, the other is spent with the Completely at Ease moodlet from the spa. Once that moodlet runs out, time for ambrosia again. With that, you won't have to refresh the food replicators as often as I had to when I fed my immortals ambrosia once a week simply because I like good moodlets. Plus, expensive spa packages are just wonderful for spending the millions you'll inevitably have.

Also, avoid giving your immortals tattoos straight after ambrosia. For some reason, it always adds days to my immortals' ages when they get tattoos right after their meal, and what's the point of that?

I got a death notice, but I called him up and he was still alive and in her relationships panel. Then, a few weeks later, I'll get another death notice, but he's still alive. I get death notices a couple times every few weeks, and yet...

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #661 on: November 24, 2013, 02:06:13 PM »
Same thing happened with my homeless townies. We're on Week 16 and at least two are still around.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
« Reply #662 on: November 30, 2013, 11:25:30 AM »
Okay, let's see here...

(1) If you aren't going for points, have your first supermax be sculpting or painting, then you won't have to rush to get paintings or sculptures out. If you really hate having to re-get Ice Personality for every spouse, having your founder sculpt the ice statues is fine. This is ONLY if you are not going for points, as having mortals sculpt and paint will give you more valuable museum pieces when they die. However, you will eventually have to make one of your immortals the artist as you won't have any room for mortals when you hit Generation 7. Those sculptures and paintings are just going to have to be less valuable.

(2) I do not worry about Cooking, Fishing or Gardening until the founder is an Adult. While you will get a head start if you do get all the parts for Ambrosia out of the door before they hit Adult, these skills shouldn't be allowed to give you ulcers. Just like having Best Friends shouldn't be a concern early on because those people you just befriended may be reaped of old age by Grim and force you to make new best friends(not much of a concern anymore for me thanks to Vials of Potent Friendship), cooking and gardening shouldn't be too much of a concern in the first generation since you will probably move in people to aid you. Only after they start getting on in years should you focus on getting the Gardening and Cooking opportunities.

(3) Also, Painting and Sculpting should not be allowed to give you ulcers as well. I understand how people get seduced into moving Agnes in if they put their Immoral Dynasty in Sunset Valley - she is already skilled enough to paint portraits right away. However, there is another option - move in the Bachelor/Alvi/Langerak family! They have a school kid who has a few days left to aging to teen. There is nothing about moving in teens or children and while they have school, they can spend their free time painting or sculpting(for teens) - a teen who starts sculpting will age up into someone who has half of the ice sculptures to Ice Personality, and you can set your adults on other tasks, like the aforementioned Cooking and whatnot. They will also have more days in their life. Yes, as I said, they do have to spend several hours in school, but they can work until midnight once they get their homework done. As an addendum, don't let the teens get part-time jobs, that sucks time away from skilling.
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #663 on: November 30, 2013, 12:11:42 PM »
On the contrary, it's never too early to start gardening, or collecting special seeds at the very least. I started to focus on gardening once my founder was an adult or right before her adult birthday (I forget, really), but somehow things didn't turn out in my favor and I had an elderly founder who had a nice little garden of special plants, but no life fruit. Cue a quick trip to Egypt to harvest life fruit at the end of one of the pyramids, planting it at home, and force-growing it to harvest thanks to a green dragon. She made it, but it was pretty daunting! In retrospect, I should have ignored her husband's hatred of the outdoors and just had him collect special seeds every day from the moment he moved in to boost the chances of getting the right seeds.

I also had to focus on cooking early because it was my founder's supermax. :P
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #664 on: November 30, 2013, 12:24:06 PM »
Just to add to EtnaFan's third point, if you have generations get those teens into art club, it's worth the afterschool time as they are skilling in both painting and sculpting without you needing to do anything.

Offline Luna

• Silent Reader
  • Immortal
  • The time is always right to do what is right :)
« Reply #665 on: November 30, 2013, 10:32:00 PM »
Just speak my mind:

I think it's not our business when someone choose to use Agnes over and over :P

That's their dynasty challenge anyway not ours. Why we must be the one who upset over them? If we dislike just don’t read their challenge attempts, simple :P

And not all players experienced with Immortal Dynasty, there must be a new comer who doesn’t know where to start. They just do it after their favourite author.  Some of them maybe yes use her again as slave because she’s so charming in so many ways.

Looks, she has car, she has §20000 when she move-in and she has cooking and painting skill that make her very worth than leveling up useless slave from the start. But, there also some people who need her just to tell the tale. Even if Agnes ended up as dynasty slave but there will be a difference from each mind of storyteller, that what I want to say from reading people dynasties and not all of them is Immoral  :P

Something that I want to add:

1.   Make sure to build small for your convenience. Except that you have good computer to begin with. This is 8th generations, many player have crashing problem. For example there is one that I know very well has crashed problem when reach 6th generation.
2.   Make sure that you don’t use many custom objects that not from store content, example hair, clothes, skin, objects and so many more. Put that object in your Dynasty will make your game prettier but forget it consider about crashing, crashing and crashing.
3.   Make sure that you check that the world that you want to begin already explored. Many players failed and start over because lag problem. Beauty can be the one that we consider but we must think about what kind of threat that we’ll face in the future ::)
4.   Make sure to have multiple save data in case something happened.
5.   Make sure to have separate save file before travelling, travelling always lead into problem like broken family tree, become stranded, stuck, having unwanted children, cannot go home and so many wonderful things.
6.   Make sure to check relationship panel when Supernatural lurk around.
7.   Make sure to lock the door for skilling object related, you don’t want your dynasty end because your Sim maxing their skill by accident do you? If you have hawk eye and control freak, you may unlock as your wish. If you control freak and neurotic, it’s best to keep them stay away from home or locked the door to the object, or move the item into family inventory.
8.   Being Celebrity can be quite a handy for boost money and the opportunity that they give quite rewarded but not worth after you’re rich anyway.
9.   Instead making alchemy potion, mastering Social Networking for easy Best Friend requirement if you have University. Charisma is one skill that easy to giving friend.
10.   Reading completed dynasties will be giving you more insight.
Just enjoy being yourself, you're unique, special and no one ever create story like you ♥ - Luna -

My story:
For The Children - Chapter 6: Adorable

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #666 on: December 01, 2013, 12:26:48 AM »
I'd actually reverse your Best Friend one, Luna. I find that the Potent Friendship is a lot easier to manager than the Social Networking. You can either learn it through Alchemy, or use 2 regular Friendships, which are pretty cheap to make, or buy either/or in the elixir consignment shop.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Luna

• Silent Reader
  • Immortal
  • The time is always right to do what is right :)
« Reply #667 on: December 01, 2013, 12:42:36 AM »
Actually it's alright Shirin. Thank you for speaking your mind. Everyone has their strategy anyway and find the one what make them comfortable, that's what the player choose over when they read this thread. We only giving them alternative ;D

For me having Social Networking useful for many ways. If you need Sims quick without thinking about original townies status, you can always create them via Sims App Finder. When you need specific spouse without care about their status again, you can create them with traits, zodiac and age that you prefer. So you wouldn't need to spend over 20.000 Lifetime happiness just to make them change their traits.

True that this would take some time to master and less easier than Potent Friendship but come think about the power that your founder has when the rest of Immortal need best friend requirement quick in later generations. You can choose this if you want take time for a challenge and your Sims will often rolling wish for blog, meet Sims via app, change relationship and etc it’s also neat if you want Social Networking wish related.
Just enjoy being yourself, you're unique, special and no one ever create story like you ♥ - Luna -

My story:
For The Children - Chapter 6: Adorable

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #668 on: December 01, 2013, 01:06:54 AM »
My strategy for best friends is for each immortal to learn charisma as a teen and let that handle everything. My second immortal had all of his best friends without even trying, since he always threw great parties (thanks to charisma) and built up relationships that way. Generation three is a magician and makes all of her friends through performing for tips and getting quick relationship boosts from charisma. I plan to use playing for tips for future generations, just because it works in my favor.

I use elixirs in a pinch in case a friend suddenly dies. Alchemy is so much easier than Social Networking. You can learn the Jar of Friendship recipe at level two, while you need to get much further up in the Social Networking skill to make it useful. And I hate how the Sim Finder App generates generic-faced sims, so I dislike the skill on principle. :P
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #669 on: December 01, 2013, 10:25:35 AM »
This may have already be said but avoid the fishing self-employed career at all costs. It's causing me so much stress. My second immortal is doing it. She is 4 days from elder and has to earn another 66,000 simoleons to max the career. Do fishing as a supermax, definitely, but give your sim a different career.
On a higher note, my third immortal is doing gardening self-employed and is doing brilliantly. I would wait until the second or third generation to do it, so a non-immortal can get the garden started and your sim can go straight in at harvesting money trees. I wish those things were real!
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Offline Squark

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #670 on: December 03, 2013, 10:53:04 PM »
I know it's been said before, but, plan, plan, plan. Have your eyes on at least 6-7 Careers and Supermax skills, and no the potential pitfalls and strategies for each. Also, have plans for Generation 2&3's spouses before you begin, and keep thinking ahead as the game goes on.

Also, there's planning, and then there's perfectionism. Don't be like me and restart your dynasty attempt 4+ times after playing only a few days each time just because you want to be sure everything is just right*

*So, know who you're going to move in right away if possible, and know the day 1-2 itinerary for your founder and the first people you move in.

Also, since early immortals will often be using the consignment store a lot during their lives, it's worth using Carl's trick with the consignment store early on, especially if you've moved in a rich sim and have liquid funds. Buy 99 of the two cheapest forms of produce, and take them to the consignment store before 2:30*. Many of them will sell in the first few days, and you'll quickly hit the highest reputation, increasing your profit margin. Actually, in case you didn't know it was there, The guide to Consignment is worth a read. After all, you tend to acquire a LOT of gems and paintings over a dynasty, so you might as well have something to do with them!

*As the guide says, consigning after 3:00 PM seems to (still) be bugged, so if your sim has work from 9-3, you'd better wait until you have off of work to run things to the consignment store.

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #671 on: December 18, 2013, 09:47:57 AM »
So, how are people getting by with the No Skill Ops bug from Into the Future (Or did someone find a fix for that?)? I'm worried about how to manage the new couple of sims, including my current heir.
Stories In Progress:
The Avyan Immortal Dynasty

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #672 on: December 18, 2013, 10:47:51 AM »
The fix for the ops bug is to be in a rabbit hole - such as in school at after school activities, touring a theater or just working a low level rabbit hole job.

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #673 on: December 18, 2013, 11:07:10 AM »
So, just go in and out of rabbitholes until you get skill ops?...I feel like I should go research if there's any way to see an opportunity coming.
Stories In Progress:
The Avyan Immortal Dynasty

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #674 on: December 18, 2013, 11:10:29 AM »
So, just go in and out of rabbitholes until you get skill ops?...I feel like I should go research if there's any way to see an opportunity coming.

This is the only way I have gotten the sims to never autonomously reject an op. Sometimes I do get ops when they aren't in the rabbitholes but at least 80% of the time they reject them (and I can't do anything to stop them).

I also wish there was some way to know when an op was coming...

I would suggest choosing rabbit hole jobs in order to make ops easier. Remember, most jobs have many ops, and there is no rule against starting a job and later quitting.

anything