Author Topic: Completing an Immortal Dynasty Hints and Tips (Not Questions)  (Read 243398 times)

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
Re: Completing an Immortal Dynasty Hints and Tips (Not Questions)
« Reply #675 on: December 29, 2013, 07:46:13 PM »
Oh thanks, I've been having that problem a bunch. It would give me an excuse to uninstall Master Controller. Now we have a solution: So, if your Sim is employed in a rabbit-hole career, then he or she won't reject opps and they'll pop up if you ignore the phone? Now that you mention it, I am doing an unofficial run on Isla Paradiso and I moved in the Ichtaca family - both Carolina and Guillmero were in rabbit-hole jobs but I made them quit and Carolina got the "Sims on Ice" opportunity when she got high level in sculpting.  You say that I could just have my founder tour a theater and the bug will fix itself for her? Not like I am worried about opps for her as she's taking Scuba Diving work and has gotten four celebrity opps already(since she best friends Guillmero who was a four-star celeb and married Rubisel, who was a one-star celeb).
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #676 on: February 11, 2014, 09:05:59 AM »
I found myself writing up a comprehensive guide to "cramming as many original townies into your immortal dynasty's family tree as humanly possible." Written from experience, of course, considering how my sixth generation has twelve original townie ancestors, while her future husband has six more. It specifically deals with immortal dynasties and how to do it within the rules. I'm not finished with it yet, but would anybody be interested in such a guide when I finish it?

Objectively, it's a pretty frivolous tip, but there are people who aren't me who want to saturate the gene pool with original townie blood, and I thought it could be of help. :)
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #677 on: February 11, 2014, 09:48:18 AM »
I found myself writing up a comprehensive guide to "cramming as many original townies into your immortal dynasty's family tree as humanly possible." Written from experience, of course, considering how my sixth generation has twelve original townie ancestors, while her future husband has six more. It specifically deals with immortal dynasties and how to do it within the rules. I'm not finished with it yet, but would anybody be interested in such a guide when I finish it?

Objectively, it's a pretty frivolous tip, but there are people who aren't me who want to saturate the gene pool with original townie blood, and I thought it could be of help. :)

that sounds interesting, Trip.  I'd love to see it!  :)

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #678 on: February 11, 2014, 09:54:20 AM »
Trip, your guide would be interesting to people doing other dynasties (townie and 4x4) too.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #679 on: February 11, 2014, 10:45:26 AM »
Definitely! The rules for moving sims and and out in those dynasties are far more relaxed, so they'd have to adjust my advice accordingly.

Anyways, I have Version 1 in Google Docs, right here. It should be read-only. I'll definitely revise it if someone else has useful tips, or if I ended up forgetting something. :P

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #680 on: February 11, 2014, 11:19:00 AM »
Nice tips Trip, I never knew that about the fireworks and ghosts, always so many new things to learn with this game.

I never had supernatural when I started my dynasty but I can see your point about the longer lived occults, really noticed the difference playing the life states dynasty as original townies still outnumber the clones, some of that is me throwing fountains of youth at them mind you.

I would go as far as to say I detest the sight of the EA clones now, I had two marry into my dynasty by necessity more than anything as there wasn't anybody else, and IF's or their children were preferable to a townie clone, thankfully only the generic nose crept into the facial features and gen sixes lovely original Egyptian townie husband soon put paid to that feature with his extremely wide one  ;D

If I ever did it again I would definitely put some of your tips into practice, and as Marian said it's also useful for some of the other dynasties as well.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #681 on: February 11, 2014, 11:29:36 AM »
Wow, Trip, I'm tempted to try an Immortal Dynasty again with townie genes only. One thing I'd add -- that you give your pollinator the Fertility LTR. There's an elixir that might be good, too, but I don't know whether it works overall, or is just a one-time hit.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #682 on: February 11, 2014, 11:35:46 AM »
Elder men can't buy the Fertility Treatment LTR, for whatever reason, and all but three of my dozen or so pollinators came into the house as elders. The Procreation Elixir never worked in my limited experience, so I don't bother with it.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #683 on: February 11, 2014, 03:08:39 PM »
Thanks for all the tips, Trip, the one with the fireworks and ghosts is a great one, as is the one about woohooing in rabbitholes not being able to be refused. If you should buy a house with ghost urns on the property (eg the Goth house in Sunset Valley or the Jones house in Riverview) and move the urns/gravestones to the graveyard as well, will those pre-existing ghosts also be involved in the process of watching the fireworks?

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #684 on: February 11, 2014, 03:18:55 PM »
They should come out for fireworks if you move their tombstones to the cemetery, even if they weren't originally buried there.

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #685 on: February 12, 2014, 10:11:34 AM »
Regarding your pollinator tips, Trip, I have a question. How many women would you recommend each pollinator have kids with? I mean, if there are several women and if an heir actually picks one of the kids, that eliminates the entire line for two generations.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #686 on: February 12, 2014, 10:41:46 AM »
I recommend trying to keep the numbers of women down as much as possible, trying to get more kids per woman instead of sheer amounts of women with children, but I ended up having some pollinators impregnate multiple women when I feared that I wouldn't have a way to continue the mother's line another way/I didn't like the kids with their first babymomma. It's something that I feel depends on the situation.

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #687 on: February 12, 2014, 11:30:03 AM »
Thanks, Trip. I find werewolves to be a mixed bag as yes, it's dang near impossible to get them out of werewolfy form and that they can't have kids as wolves. However, it also means that some townie guy is going to be stuck at the end of his life stage for a really, really long time (to note, Mason Sackholme is still a young adult and Gen 4 is a teen).

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #688 on: February 14, 2014, 09:32:29 PM »

Great guide, Trip! A few of those tips were brand new to me. Wish I'd known the thing about ghosts and fireworks before.  ::) As for werewolves, I think they're kind of a mixed bag. If you have a witch in your family, casting sunlight charm will pop a werewolf back into normal sim form to be able to try for baby. It's kind of a pain, but on the other hand, those werewolf kids get stuck in werewolf form a lot and don't age up. Several of Evan's werewolf kids were still around by the end of my dynasty (for example: Maebe Chique was still a teen). I suppose it's handy if for some reason you know it's going to take a long, long time before you want to integrate that family into the line. Hm, like maybe, you have several pollinators at the beginning of the dynasty, but don't have room for more of them in the later days? Then, when you want them to age up, just cast a sunlight charm and bam! You can time it so they're age appropriate for your targeted immortal (like Joy and Jaden!).

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #689 on: February 15, 2014, 09:05:55 PM »
Yeah, I definitely would have thought differently about werewolves if I had a witch early on in the game. I also have to give credit to Chuckles_82 for the tip about ghosts and fireworks, in this post. It took a lot of testing for me to realize that it works only in cemeteries, though.

anything