Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 898274 times)

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1635 on: March 12, 2013, 06:09:33 PM »
...Well for my sim he had to rant twice before Grim came to warn him, and he got the moodlet. If he had ranted a third time, he would have stayed dead.

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #1636 on: March 12, 2013, 06:10:59 PM »
Did she ever go to work or did it just one day stop letting her?
She's never been to work

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #1637 on: March 12, 2013, 06:18:25 PM »
...Well for my sim he had to rant twice before Grim came to warn him, and he got the moodlet. If he had ranted a third time, he would have stayed dead.

You still had to rant which is a player's choice.   The ghost is forbidden except out of CAS.  End of discussion on that one.

She's never been to work

Do you have a save from before her birthday?  or a backup you could try?  Is it just her or can other people in the household also not join the career?
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #1638 on: March 12, 2013, 06:54:28 PM »
Do you have a save from before her birthday?  or a backup you could try?  Is it just her or can other people in the household also not join the career?
I don't have any backups except for one a day ago.

I got two family members to get mausoleum jobs. One went to work fine at the original mausoleum and the other who works at the same one as the teen had it drop from his queue like her. I'll go back to a day ago in another save and change venues again to see if it'll work.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1639 on: March 12, 2013, 06:56:28 PM »
This is why I do a save as for every week of my challenges for dynasty killing bugs.  The only backup you have is the .backup right?  That's unfortunate but I'll see if google can help me.    Do you have access to different types of mausoleums - like ones from other towns?

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #1640 on: March 12, 2013, 07:41:22 PM »
yes just the .backup I really need to get into the routine of saving every week. The other most recent copy is just before her birth.

I've tried four types of mausoleums. One problem now is that her mother isn't going to her job in 2nd level Journalism. She had trouble before that was solved with changing into her career outfit.

I forgot to mention that all the adults went on a free vacation Thursday to Saturday so she had joined the career but not yet been to work when they went away, could that be the culprit?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1641 on: March 12, 2013, 08:08:21 PM »
At this point I wouldn't rule anything out and you don't have anything before that other than before her birth?   I hate to say it but in an effort to save your dynasty - you may need to go back to that save.   

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline StratfordT

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1642 on: March 13, 2013, 12:31:39 AM »
What are the restrictions for using the Philosopher's Stone to bind ghosts as spouses?

I'm assuming any pre-made ghosts are fair game, however could I also bind the ghost of a sim who dies on my lot? Say a paparazzi or party guest?

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #1643 on: March 13, 2013, 12:32:58 AM »
For the Life States Dynasty, any ghost is fair game. It just has to be the targeted spouse for the founder/heir, and it has to be the founder/heir that does the binding action.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1644 on: March 13, 2013, 08:52:54 AM »
Just so everyone knows:

Smartphone photography uses the same skill as WA photography.  University Life has moved the photography books into the local library and bookstore for everyone to use.   Because it's the same skill though, smartphone photos are not a separate mausoleum category but do help those without WA to gain a new possible item. 

Offline Dltndav

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1645 on: March 14, 2013, 07:33:53 PM »
So just for clarification we are not allowed to ensorcel sims? I only saw one ruling on it and metro said 'it was his first thought' or something like that which so I took that to mean possibly it could change. I know it was outlawed because of access to other sims inventories, so if that's it can't we just make accessing other sims inventories against the rules? I'd love a way to fix werewolves (without a witch) and populate the town.

On another note, can we still buy the life state changing elixirs and not use them? Sometimes I like to just buy out the elixir shop while looking for that wish enhancing serum right before someone completes a lifetime wish, or an extra invigorating elixir.

EDIT:
I forgot to add, my sim was awarded the artists painted ribbon (something like that) for making over 25,000 as a painter and it never showed up in his inventory does it still count

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1646 on: March 14, 2013, 07:39:47 PM »
So just for clarification we are not allowed to ensorcel sims? I only saw one ruling on it and metro said 'it was his first thought' or something like that which so I took that to mean possibly it could change. I know it was outlawed because of access to other sims inventories, so if that's it can't we just make accessing other sims inventories against the rules? I'd love a way to fix werewolves (without a witch) and populate the town.

On another note, can we still buy the life state changing elixirs and not use them? Sometimes I like to just buy out the elixir shop while looking for that wish enhancing serum right before someone completes a lifetime wish, or an extra invigorating elixir.

Enscorcelling is not allowed because they are added to your household which is against the rules unless they are a spare or spouse.   Werewolves when watched will revert to human form.  Why not invite them over?

Yes you can buy them, you just can't use them.   Although I will say it's a lot cheaper to just have a spouse/spare learn alchemy. 

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #1647 on: March 14, 2013, 07:41:52 PM »

1. Correct, ensorcelling is banned, period. Werewolves have been fixed, if you're around one long enough, they'll shift back on their own. Plus, story progression will continue to populate the town with new families moving in all the time. Far as I'm aware, story progression no longer populates via pregnancy.

2. Yes, you can buy and not use. Or you can buy and then re-consign.

Offline maisie

• Occult
« Reply #1648 on: March 17, 2013, 08:04:32 AM »
I have a problem with my founder: She is already a world renowed surgeon for about 5 days but didn't got the key to the city. Is there any possibility that she will get this opp (or whatever it is) or do I have to hope for vaccination clinics to get another trophy?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1649 on: March 17, 2013, 10:43:40 AM »
Maisie - it's not a guaranteed thing.   I know a Sim that didn't get a Key to the City ever.  And it's not an opp, it's a notification at the top of the screen that says - "get to City Hall in an hour".   If you miss that ceremony, it will never come up again.