Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 898151 times)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1680 on: March 19, 2013, 09:30:23 PM »
They can get married, yeah, but I want my boy to impregnate her before he moves out. I only get so many chances to give my founder grandchildren. I tried to have them Try for Baby and it wasn't an option. I think it's because she's in the wolf form.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #1681 on: March 19, 2013, 09:36:15 PM »
Have you tried inviting her over for the whole night and watching her like a hawk?  How long ago was the full moon?  If she gets mad, hungry, tired she'll stay that way. 

Because it's a spare - our hands are tied.  This dynasty is about specifically the heirs having kids not spares.   Have you tried get her to forsake her powers?
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #1682 on: March 19, 2013, 09:43:45 PM »
Have you tried inviting her over for the whole night and watching her like a hawk?  How long ago was the full moon?  If she gets mad, hungry, tired she'll stay that way. 

Because it's a spare - our hands are tied.  This dynasty is about specifically the heirs having kids not spares.   Have you tried get her to forsake her powers?

Can't the sunlight charm - if she has a witch around - turn them back into a human?

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1683 on: March 19, 2013, 09:53:29 PM »

I have not. Gosh, I should have invited her over for the night before the wedding. And now I can't find her. She's not at home, at the dynasty house or the wedding venue. I guess poor (name omitted to avoid spoilers) has to have his wedding another day!

The full moon was just the night before. I tried curing her with the Moodlet Manager several times in case she still had the Feral Change moodlet, but no effect. That should have cured her of any other complaints too. I kept trying and once it backfired so she got exhausted and that's when she ran away.  I haven't tried to get her to stop being a werewolf because I was specifically trying to see what babies they get, whether wereboos or faeboos. I guess I can try that if all else fails. I'm just think I really should have had him make sure he could impregnate her before throwing the wedding party.

I know it's not important for spares to have kids I just wanted to experiment and give Marjorie a bunch of grandchildren :( Ah well, I'll try watching her all night and then if that fails I'll ask her to forsake her powers. If I do that can I have my werewolf bite her before she does the twirl? Or will that work?

Can't the sunlight charm - if she has a witch around - turn them back into a human?

It would, but I don't have a witch yet. Next time I do this they are coming way earlier than Gen 5!

By samoht04

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1684 on: March 19, 2013, 10:24:08 PM »
I have not. Gosh, I should have invited her over for the night before the wedding. And now I can't find her. She's not at home, at the dynasty house or the wedding venue. I guess poor (name omitted to avoid spoilers) has to have his wedding another day!

The full moon was just the night before. I tried curing her with the Moodlet Manager several times in case she still had the Feral Change moodlet, but no effect. That should have cured her of any other complaints too. I kept trying and once it backfired so she got exhausted and that's when she ran away.  I haven't tried to get her to stop being a werewolf because I was specifically trying to see what babies they get, whether wereboos or faeboos. I guess I can try that if all else fails. I'm just think I really should have had him make sure he could impregnate her before throwing the wedding party.

I know it's not important for spares to have kids I just wanted to experiment and give Marjorie a bunch of grandchildren :( Ah well, I'll try watching her all night and then if that fails I'll ask her to forsake her powers. If I do that can I have my werewolf bite her before she does the twirl? Or will that work?

It would, but I don't have a witch yet. Next time I do this they are coming way earlier than Gen 5!

She can never enter your household - therefore you can't get someone to bite her - you shouldn't really see the twirl unless the father is still living at home.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1685 on: March 19, 2013, 11:54:58 PM »
She can never enter your household - therefore you can't get someone to bite her - you shouldn't really see the twirl unless the father is still living at home.

Oh, I thought you could bite townies. Can't you? Isn't it required for the Leader of the Pack wish?

Anyway, it doesn't matter because I invited her over for the night and the next day she went back to human form! Yay!

By samoht04

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #1686 on: March 20, 2013, 12:12:14 AM »
I've successfully bitten townies.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #1687 on: March 20, 2013, 12:23:41 AM »

In my Immortal Dynasty, one of the women my sim procreated with didn't leave until after she had thrown up twice, and if I hadn't kicked her out, she probably would've stayed.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1688 on: March 20, 2013, 12:34:10 AM »
I misunderstood Rosa.  I thought you meant have her in the house and have a random townie bite her.  Not have one of yours bite her.   Sorry, I blame the hour!

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #1689 on: March 20, 2013, 12:43:30 AM »
Last time you complained about the hours, you got turned into a death-by-ranting Grim! ;)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1690 on: March 20, 2013, 01:45:49 AM »
Whew okay, I got all confused for a minute. Yes, I meant have my resident werewolf that lives in my house bite her. ;D This has been the craziest thing! If I didn't want to experiment I would have kicked him out days ago. He's taking up space but I can't stand not to take the opportunity to spread his genes! They're so good. I think I finally got it, after weird ageing and waiting and multiple tours of various town buildings. We shall see.

By samoht04

Offline enderkay

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1691 on: March 21, 2013, 09:50:50 AM »
Decided to give up on my last attempt because it's been literally months since I've played (new job = busy busy Kender) and I lost my notes.  :-\ So annoyed, because Gen 3 was doing pretty well.

I was getting ready to start a new one, when I remembered reading something about it being the player's choice to sell or keep the camera you start with if you have UL. I went to the rules page to check but I can't find it. Is it buried in the thread somewhere? Or is it for another dynasty challenge and not applicable here?

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #1692 on: March 21, 2013, 10:02:38 AM »
You either sell the camera before you do the familyfunds cheat, or you hold onto it for eternity. That's what it says for the immortal dynasty, anyways (since both dynasties have a starting money requirement, it makes sense that it would apply to both)
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1693 on: March 21, 2013, 12:20:09 PM »
Actually for the Life States Dynasty, it doesn't matter.

Immortal Dynasty is the only one where it matters.

Offline sunshine_2406

• Occult
  • Call me Alice :)
« Reply #1694 on: March 21, 2013, 03:53:40 PM »
I can't remember this being mentioned so I thought I would ask. With the new traits you can get from social groups and degrees, I know we have to click the random button, but if you get the chance to change the trait by achieving a degree/social group status again, should it be kept the same? I'm assuming it should but thought I would double check.
From the moment I fell down that rabbit hole I've been told what I must do and who I must be. I've been shrunk, stretched, scratched and stuffed into a teapot. I've been accused of being Alice, and of not being Alice, but this is my dream. I'll decide where it goes from here.

anything