Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 908905 times)

Offline Tahilanor

• Llama Wrangler
  • Life is a journey. Enjoy wandering through it!
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #360 on: September 28, 2012, 12:44:13 AM »
For the best friend requirement, are you allowed to have a foreign Sim (from one of the vacation locations) as your unique best friends? I haven't done so yet, but thought that that would be a good way to ensure that each best friend is truly unique.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #361 on: September 28, 2012, 06:03:05 AM »
For the best friend requirement, are you allowed to have a foreign Sim (from one of the vacation locations) as your unique best friends? I haven't done so yet, but thought that that would be a good way to ensure that each best friend is truly unique.
Just remember that the best friend has to be a supernatural lifestate to qualify.I don't travel very much so I don't know how much chance there is of Sims from other countries being an occult life state.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #362 on: September 28, 2012, 06:12:17 AM »
To add to what Rachel said, I've never seen a tourist or been in another country yet where the locals changed into the supernatural so you may actually not find anyone that can be meet the best friend requirement.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Tahilanor

• Llama Wrangler
  • Life is a journey. Enjoy wandering through it!
« Reply #363 on: September 28, 2012, 07:51:57 AM »
Right, I'll keep that in mind. Thank you!

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
« Reply #364 on: September 28, 2012, 11:59:40 AM »
Metro and Rica a minor argument has poped up in one of the story thread so I think we would all like to now : Are there any limit to how many kids your heirs can have?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #365 on: September 28, 2012, 12:03:40 PM »
Adding to the Household
• Your founder must bring in a spouse/partner to Try for Baby (adoption is not allowed) resulting in a different life state child than the founder. Generation #2 would then eventually need to bring in a different life state spouse/partner to Try for Baby and produce a different life state for generation #3. And on and on until generation #7 has finished his/her requirements. The heir has to come from the first birth that results in a life state that is different from previous heirs. In the case of twins/triplets of a different life state, you are free to choose the heir. You are also free to keep trying until you get an heir that is a different life state. No limit on the amount of spares allowed into the house as long as the current and former heirs never leave.  No other Sims are allowed to enter the house beyond spouses and spares. 

Which story thread?

No there isn't a limit but you have to earn the right to try for an heir and your heir should probably work on requirements immediately so they can keep the flow going. 

Edit: I found the story.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #366 on: September 28, 2012, 12:09:37 PM »
I am wondering why people would want to have any more children once the heir has arrived. To my mind spares cannot contribute anything to the family as it is the heir that has to do everything.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
« Reply #367 on: September 28, 2012, 12:17:38 PM »
I am wondering why people would want to have any more children once the heir has arrived. To my mind spares cannot contribute anything to the family as it is the heir that has to do everything.

Rachel
In my case to fullfil his lifetime want of raising 5 kids, it was the best one out of the ones available.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #368 on: September 28, 2012, 12:18:48 PM »
Just remember - completing your lifetime wish is a personal choice not a requirement. 

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
« Reply #369 on: September 28, 2012, 12:30:28 PM »
Just remember - completing your lifetime wish is a personal choice not a requirement.
I know, I just like fulfilling them if I can.
Eventually I will probably get a spouse with gold digger or some other unfulfillable LTW.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #370 on: September 28, 2012, 06:04:35 PM »

Which story thread?

No there isn't a limit but you have to earn the right to try for an heir and your heir should probably work on requirements immediately so they can keep the flow going. 

Edit: I found the story.

I'm glad it's not against the rules, I'd have to start over!
Personally, I just like having big families. But thanks to this dynasty's rules, you can move the spares out so you really don't have to wait that much longer to have new generations. Besides, my founder took over 12 weeks to complete her requirements, so I think I won't have too bad a problem of too much time and not enough space. I don't expect the second generation to take that long though!

By samoht04

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #371 on: September 28, 2012, 09:36:59 PM »
IF and human get human child that can turn into doll - that's the heir.
IF and vamp get a human child that can turn into doll - that's the heir.
IF and vamp get a vamp child that can turn into a doll - that's the heir
IF/Vamp hybrid and Genie get vamp/IF child - not the heir.
IF/Vamp hybrid and Genie get a genie child that can turn into the doll - that's the heir.
Genie/IF hybrid and Jelly Bean ghost have human child that can turn into a doll - not the heir.
Genie/IF hybrid and Jelly Bean ghost have ghost child that can turn into a doll - The Heir.
JB Ghost/IF hybrid and Werewolf have two children Were children who also can turn into a doll - Either can be heir/player's choice.

Because it's an overlay, it counts once if it's an IF plus something else. Beyond that the something else always has to be different.

Did that make sense?

You can no longer guarantee that an IF will have IF children.  I have done extensive testing over the last two days.   It also looks like unless you have a ghost & IF couple, most children are usually only one occult type.  Ghosts can still be an overlay of other occults and ghosts can have human children.   I tried several versions of couples that included both a ghost and/or an IF.  So there is a good possibility that the IF trait will not transfer all the way through a dynasty.   

Another point is that life state changing elixirs and potent cure elixirs do not work on ghosts or IFs but will on other occults.   Remember life state changing elixirs are banned from the Life States Dynasty.

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #372 on: September 29, 2012, 04:07:20 AM »
My founder's spouse finally died (he became 107 days old). I need to have a ghost baby now. Can my founder try for a baby with him when he comes haunting or do I have to wait to be able to resurrect him with the 'oh my ghost' -opportunity?

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #373 on: September 29, 2012, 06:33:19 AM »
For the Consignment Store, can you count the Impressive Reputation Challenge when it says you have it even though the challenge doesn't register?

Rabbit just got a Wish to Donate 100 Spirits to Science and that is worth 5,000 LTHP (No Ambitious or other LTHP Increasing Effects). She's only got 48 so far..  At least it counts previous Donations though! Lol.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #374 on: September 29, 2012, 07:35:44 AM »
My founder's spouse finally died (he became 107 days old). I need to have a ghost baby now. Can my founder try for a baby with him when he comes haunting or do I have to wait to be able to resurrect him with the 'oh my ghost' -opportunity?

You can try for baby with him when he comes haunting that's fine.

For the Consignment Store, can you count the Impressive Reputation Challenge when it says you have it even though the challenge doesn't register?

It will register eventually if you keep at it...it's bugged as I am sure you already know. But, that's fine if you want to count it when it only lists the top stat as Impressive.