Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 906833 times)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #690 on: October 16, 2012, 11:08:20 PM »
Can you give a link to the tips thread or point me in the right direction?

The thread is here.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline FrozenHotChocolate

• Nooboo
« Reply #691 on: October 17, 2012, 12:46:27 AM »
What about children werewolves? Since you can't cast spells on children, is there any way to get them to age up?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #692 on: October 17, 2012, 01:26:31 AM »
What about children werewolves? Since you can't cast spells on children, is there any way to get them to age up?

Potent cure elixers I believe work on children, you just have to toss it at someone.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #693 on: October 17, 2012, 06:14:19 AM »
Potent cure elixers I believe work on children, you just have to toss it at someone.

However, first you need to get permission.  Using potent cure elixirs on a life state is banned and disqualifies you from HOF status if you don't ask first!  Please be careful about the advice you give because if Frozen had just gone ahead and used a potent cure elixir on your advice.  You would be the reason he lost HOF status/failed because he never actually got permission from Metro or myself. 

Story Progression works to make sure that all the life states you want are in the game so you guys shouldn't have to resort to curing a child just to age them up.  While I understand wanting a very specific someone, I'd rather not just keep giving permission for you guys to cure the townies when it's banned.  There are at least 40 people in a town at one time.  More than one is bound to be a werewolf/fairy/witch/vampire as long as they are in your population settings.  If you didn't put them in your population settings, than that was part of your strategy and not a game glitch.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #694 on: October 17, 2012, 11:51:23 AM »
I was freaking out about the seven items for the mausoleum but then I read that upgraded items from the handiness were acceptable. So I could just buy 7 different items then have my founder upgrade them and then put them in the mausoleum, right?
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #695 on: October 17, 2012, 11:52:14 AM »
Correct.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #696 on: October 17, 2012, 12:10:50 PM »
Once my teen hits job level 3 at the graveyard, she can quit, correct? (I'd rather use those hours working on her skill challenges.)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #697 on: October 17, 2012, 12:28:46 PM »
Once my teen hits job level 3 at the graveyard, she can quit, correct? (I'd rather use those hours working on her skill challenges.)

Correct. The 7 childhood requirements are not like the 7 later ones that all need to be in place at the same time.

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #698 on: October 17, 2012, 01:31:29 PM »
Correct. The 7 childhood requirements are not like the 7 later ones that all need to be in place at the same time.

Funny, I never realized the requirements for kids are also the exact number of 7  :P

So this means a teen has to get on the honor roll, but doesn't have to stay on it?
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Offline geekchic

• Townie
« Reply #699 on: October 17, 2012, 01:31:49 PM »
As long as you have them as allowed via the Population Controls, then they will appear at random.

Did you place them before or after your founder purchased their property?  Did you do them in addition to the combined rabbit holes or did you replace combined rabbit holes with single lots?  I need more details.

I wasn't aware of the rabbit hole glitch, so I've already purchased my property. I don't want to have to restart.  :-[

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #700 on: October 17, 2012, 01:57:22 PM »
So this means a teen has to get on the honor roll, but doesn't have to stay on it?

Exactly. Same deal as hitting lvl 3 at the graveyard — you just need to do it, then you are free to turn your attention elsewhere.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #701 on: October 17, 2012, 02:13:09 PM »
Perfect, thank you!

Offline geekchic

• Townie
« Reply #702 on: October 17, 2012, 02:19:41 PM »
So no matter how many times I deny her it, the want to pillow fight with another sim keeps reappearing. Glitch?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #703 on: October 17, 2012, 02:20:45 PM »
I wasn't aware of the rabbit hole glitch, so I've already purchased my property. I don't want to have to restart.  :-[

I can't tell if you need to restart if I don't know the answers to the questions I asked.   The specifics are what make you have to restart.

So no matter how many times I deny her it, the want to pillow fight with another sim keeps reappearing. Glitch?

Only when the fun bar is around halfway or lower does it happen.  Yes it's a known glitch but it's not game breaking.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #704 on: October 17, 2012, 02:26:44 PM »

Nah, she's just demanding attention and fun. Get her fun-meter up and when you deny it, it'll stay away (until the next time her fun is low, anyway). Same with getting the wish to karaoke.

anything