Author Topic: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - The Video Message  (Read 291437 times)

Offline Hallucination

• Occult
  • Resident Legacy Addict
Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - Good and Bad
« Reply #705 on: April 21, 2013, 03:24:27 PM »
I don't know whether to cheer or cry. It's so sad that their going away, but I'm so happy that the Classics finished. Are you going to do an epilogue?
I'm not pedantic! I just believe in precision of language.

Green Witch Legacy

Offline EllaTheTaco

• Ella The Great
  • Townie
« Reply #706 on: April 21, 2013, 04:06:50 PM »
Oh my goshness! It's over! I can't wait to see how you wrap it up :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
« Reply #708 on: April 21, 2013, 04:29:59 PM »
Congratulations on finishing! It was such an awesome story, I can't wait to see how it all finishes up.

Anna33

« Reply #709 on: April 21, 2013, 04:31:50 PM »
Congratulations on finishing Tilla, an entire eight generations.  ;D

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #710 on: April 21, 2013, 04:42:00 PM »
Congratulations! It has been a joy to follow your Classics. I think my favorites have been Mona and Mata. And Champagne. And Rosetta and Eden. And Allegra and Eureka and Coralie. All of them, one at a time.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Dextra2

• Ruler-of-All-She-Sees-And Has A Really Big Ego.
  • Immortal
  • You can call me Dex!
« Reply #711 on: April 21, 2013, 05:05:43 PM »
Congrats on finishing! Also, your HoF picture with Champagne away and not looking at the rest of the group made me laugh. The thought bubble of a plane only made it funnier. ;D
If a cluttered desk is an indication of a clutter mind, what is indicated by an empty desk?
~~~
That one moment when you realize you've been stalking the same thread for ten minutes... And there no reason why because you're up to date on everything.
~~~
Crossing the Rubicon

The Dark Fae's Quest

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #712 on: April 21, 2013, 06:12:13 PM »
All of their clothing choices are so appropriate in that picture. Well done! I enjoyed every update. I'm sad about Braden and Percy--dying on Love Day, how awful! But I'm glad it's only for a brief time.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Tigerskin

• Occult
« Reply #713 on: April 21, 2013, 06:57:39 PM »
What a 'classic' story... *shakes head - note to self not funny...*

On a serious note, I have very much liked reading your story, it was so well written and I hope to read more from you.

Sad to see it go but I hope your simmies get to do what they want to do now they have completed 😊

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Treasure Island
« Reply #714 on: April 21, 2013, 07:07:36 PM »
It's strange completing a goal that has been your entire existence for centuries.  You are struck at once with a sense of sadness and of triumph.  And so, it was at my request that we trekked once again to the park on the edge of Monte Vista, where Eden awoke the totem so that we may speak to the Watcher.

We were offered congratulations in the extreme.  The Watcher was very happy. 

"I know you all have different plans and places to go, but to start with, we are going to establish a new home base, and that will be Coralie's choice."

So I thought and thought of lounging in the sun with Carlotta and our dreams for a second youth.  It seemed like nothing but a blink of the eye and suddenly we were no longer in Monte Vista.  The air smelled of salt and sun and in that instant we were encased by a warm glow.

"Welcome home," the wind seemed to say. 

We, all of us, were a bit shell shocked, and took ourselves inside to relax and discuss our next move.  Of course we were all very anxious to see our husbands again. 

"We mustn't be selfish," I said.  "We have to thank those who got us here first."

And so after much deliberation, we split into two groups.  Eden, Mona Lisa, Rosetta, and I purchased a second house, a bungalow near one of the most beautiful beaches on the island.

Eden asked that we leave her alone for the actual resurrection.  "It isn't pretty," she said.  That was really all we needed to hear.

It seemed like a dream.  Soft, salty air blowing across my face and Carlotta, slowly ascending the steps of the bungalow, spry and healthy and pink, cheerfully saying hello while we awaited the arrival of Ed.

We tried to ignore the unpleasant noises of Eden's work and I told Carlotta we had a second step to her welcoming party.  She seemed so calm.  So completely prepared for this return from the afterlife. 

"We knew you'd come back for us," she said, with a smile.

And I told her to go downstairs while Rosetta prepared the potions.

We watched from a distance as they drank.  After all, we would be consuming the same potions in the morning if all went well.

I must admit, seeing them young again was as shocking to me as it must have been to my daughter and my granddaughter and my great granddaughter. 

But possibly not nearly as shocking as it must have felt to them, to regain youth, life, and one another all in the same hectic moment.

Eden stayed by, ready to explain if any explanation was necessary, but the two of them were so entranced with each other, they didn't bother to acknowledge the hows or whys.

The first thing they did was renew their vows.

And of course there was a wardrobe change, back into the colors and styles that they'd loved in their first youths.

They asked about Goopy and we assured them that he'd be by to visit soon.  We hadn't addressed anyone but them, because without them, our dynasty would've never left the ground.

"It's so wonderful to be with you again," Carlotta said, holding me, her young, soft arms strong around my frail old body.  "I've missed you so."

And so we left them to get reacquainted with all they'd found in the little bungalow by the beach.  And we headed back to the new house, feeling as though we did what was needed for our first steps.

That night, Eden awoke each of the human tombstones in our family chest.  She did so while we all slept and did not interact with any of the awoken, not even her wife.  "They are confused at first," she'd said to me.  "It's easier this way."

When the sun rose, we traveled down to the dock near the house and listened as the Watcher gently whispered her permissions to us.  These were the last moments of eternal old age.  And good riddance.

Rosetta passed out the pale pink potions and we all knocked them back as quickly as we could.  They weren't much for the taste buds.

I was the first to regress.  It was a strange sensation indeed, but not at all unpleasant.  I suddenly felt so ... whole.  So able.

"Granny?!" Champagne cried.  "I don't know what I'll call you now!  You are gorgeous!"

How strange to be a young woman while Champagne dips her feet in the cool shoreline, old and wrinkled.  But the sparkles came for all of us over the next few hours.  One at a time.  The majority of the girls into that same genetic hairstyle.

When it was all done, we gathered our things and walked toward the house again.  It was time to get our old appearances back and then the moment of truth - to seek out our loved ones. 

For all being of the same line, we all handle these things much differently.  Allegra and Champagne and Eureka bubbly and excited.  Rosetta and I quiet and pensive.  Mata Hari tapping away on her tablet with ideas and thoughts, Mona Lisa unable to contain a smile, but saying nothing, and Eden ... oh, darling Eden, still such a child, splashing delicately in the water with her favorite toy, waiting for what this new life will bring.

Offline lepapillonrouge

• Probably Erratic
  • Townie
Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - Treasure Island
« Reply #715 on: April 21, 2013, 07:21:23 PM »
Such a beautiful ending! I'm glad you were able to make it to the end!

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #716 on: April 21, 2013, 07:35:44 PM »
It must be so shocking to most of the family to see Coralie young, considering that only Mona had ever seen her as anything besides a granny. Again, congratulations on finishing!
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Lunarpixels

• Alien Babe
  • Immortal
  • he/him
« Reply #717 on: April 21, 2013, 07:54:10 PM »
Oh my gosh! Congrats!! I can't believe it's over! I remember when it first started. It's great to see Carlotta and Ed again. Yay to being young again!

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #718 on: April 21, 2013, 08:27:16 PM »
They're all so lovely! This is wonderful. I too forgot what Coralie looked like after so long! And the title is very apropo. So much so that I forgot it was a book title because of Coralie.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline shaunta

• Townie
« Reply #719 on: April 21, 2013, 09:00:09 PM »
WhooHooo!!!! Congrats Classics and Tilla! So happy you were able to finish it and so quickly too! I love the ending and hope to see the rest of them happy and in love.