Author Topic: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - The Video Message  (Read 290887 times)

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - Triathlon
« Reply #600 on: March 30, 2013, 11:09:27 PM »
Congratulations on Allegra gaining immortality~
It totally seems like she was just born yesterday.....

I've been calling her Chama ever since the update with Coralie, so adorable...

~Anna

SimBlip

« Reply #601 on: March 31, 2013, 08:03:31 PM »
Tilia, you're just brilliant! I'll never tire of saying it: you put so much thought and emotion in your characters. It's truly remarkable.
Congratulations on your sixth immortal. Welld one, Allegra!
And now, it's up to Mata Hari and little Champagne... wow... you've come so far, so quickly! :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline shaunta

• Townie
« Reply #602 on: March 31, 2013, 10:39:23 PM »
They need to force Mata Hari to realise her relation to an IF. It bothers me that she doesn't believe it, because she is denying the miracle that is Ophelia. Allegra doesn't even look like an Elder to me. So typical of her.
Agreed Rosa!

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #603 on: April 01, 2013, 10:31:01 PM »
Congratulations to Allegra! The career outfits have been random ever since Showtime. Still, they add a touch of humor. I love it that Mata doesn't believe she has any Imaginary Friends in her family tree.

I'm sure I'd be skeptical too.

Bravissimo, Allegra! Congrats on a job well done!

Mata's skepticism about OJ and her discussion on the dollhouse and the purple dragon seriously had me cracking up. She and Percy are still so adorable together. I'm glad that Percy still has a hand in raising Champagne despite the fact that he doesn't live there.

I wish there was a way to encourage an NPC to interact with a toddler.  That would've been great.  Ah well, they'll be best friends when she's older.

Mata, your related to one of those dolls, you shouldn't be so scared of them :D I love how she wore the pregnancy gown when she was a rockstar, that you don't see everyday :) Congratulations Allegra! You are now immortal and free to NOT die! When Champagne turns into a child, can you ask her if she likes tacos? please?

Yeah, that was pretty unfortunate.  All the Classics like tacos.  Of course.

Yay, the 6th Immortal! We all knew you could do it, Allegra!

And I must say that Mata Hari gets prettier and prettier every time I see her.

I feel the same way about her.

Congrats on Allegra becoming the 6th immortal! It is very funny that Marta doesn't believe that she has an IF in her family tree its pretty cute. It also makes me wonder if OJ will become alive too? Oh I love the intrigue

Well, there's no room for him at present, but perhaps someday ...

Oh come on, surely you know that maternity wear and aviator glasses are just all the rage these days? No? Well, maybe not in Monte Vista. I really wish we could change some of the career outfits instead of just re-coloring them. Anyway, congrats to immortal number 6!

I'm so out of the loop.  And here I thought it was a HORRIBLE look for a rock star.  Silly moi.

So cute!! Please tell me, what do you think about university? I haven't got it yet (no funds) but I really want it.

I really like it.  If you want to see a lot of University-centric screenshots, check out the Sims & Simsability story in my signature.  That's my student's challenge.  My favorite thing so far is without a doubt the street art (though I have a plant sim nooboo on the way!)

They need to force Mata Hari to realise her relation to an IF. It bothers me that she doesn't believe it, because she is denying the miracle that is Ophelia. Allegra doesn't even look like an Elder to me. So typical of her.

I think the least-elder looking one is Rosetta.  In most stills, she looks like a young adult in a granny nightgown.  Don't be too hard on Mata.  How much of the early-days anecdotes would a girl reasonably believe if she didn't see them herself?  That all probably seems like a collection of tall tales to Mata Hari.

I laugh every time I see Champagne's hair now, because several children born in my games seem to be getting it. Well, it's better than the puke hair.

I'm interested to see how it looks when I have a longer style on her.  I think it's quite pretty.  The puke hair I sorta get because it's impossible to get a rich, chestnut brown on your sims, and the puke hair seems to be the compromise.

Congrats on the 6th(?) immortal!! I really love Mata Hari. I love her hair! Champagne is adorable! Sorry I haven't commented in a while!

6th, yes!  And no worries, I know you're reading :)

Congratulations on Allegra gaining immortality~
It totally seems like she was just born yesterday.....

I've been calling her Chama ever since the update with Coralie, so adorable...

~Anna

I had to painstakingly remove so much toddler spam from the upcoming post.  Champagne is the toddler I've taken the most stills of ... ever.

Tilia, you're just brilliant! I'll never tire of saying it: you put so much thought and emotion in your characters. It's truly remarkable.
Congratulations on your sixth immortal. Welld one, Allegra!
And now, it's up to Mata Hari and little Champagne... wow... you've come so far, so quickly! :)

You're so sweet :)  I'm really glad to see you're still reading.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy
« Reply #604 on: April 01, 2013, 10:46:17 PM »
Immortality is pretty boring.  Funny how no one told me that.  I could retire now that I've had my ambrosia, but then what would I do with myself?  I imagine I'd sit at home and watch a toddler have epic battles with a cat. 

Not saying there's no merit to that, but I'll pass.

The day after I ate my ambrosia, Mona Lisa, Eureka, and I banded together to finish up the redecoration of Eden's old nursery.  We wanted it ready for Champagne's birthday the following morning.  I think we did a pretty stellar job.

My daughter, poor thing, really, REALLY doesn't want to see her baby grow up.

I told her I felt the same way about her, and then gave her braid a little tug for good measure.  I'm so glad she went back to it in her adulthood. 

Rosetta drew the winning chip in the cake lottery and got to do the honors.

Though Bubbly really did put in a heroine's effort to blow out the candles all by her lonesome.

My would-be son-in-law stayed with us and was present for the goings on.  He's a sweet boy with questionable fashion sense.

While we all waited patiently for Bubbly to sparkle, Eden ravenously eyed the cake like a demented, half-starved wildwoman.

And then it happened.  Oh, bye bye, sweet toddler.  Maybe it's a grandmother's bias, but you really were just the cutest little thing ...

She rushed off to the mirror in her new bedroom while the rest of us sat for cake.  Funny how she was still full from a bottle and now far too big to ever have one again.

Of course she dressed in all pink - her clerical error favorite color:

She became a cat person like her dad upon aging up.  He bought her a little tiara for special occasions:

Sleepwear:

Swimwear:

And outerwear:

Her birthday fell on the final day of summer, so I held it to myself to spend it with her.  Though she insisted on making us breakfast first: very burnt vanilla muffins.

Mata groaned and stuffed a muffin down before fleeing upstairs to do penance.

Rosetta and I took Champagne to the cafe at her request.  She had pocketed a bunch of lemons from Eden's garden and wanted to make a go of tending a lemonade stand for some extra Simoleans.

Unfortunately not many people were out-and-about that day.  I was able to get some top-notch psychiatric advice from my granddaughter in her downtime, though.

And Rosetta insisted (even later, out of Bubbly's earshot) that the lemonade was better than 100 year old nectar she's had.

We stayed later than we ought to have with a kid, but we were having such a grand time.  Granny's bakery investment was really fantastic.  We ate our weight in cheese danish.

Champagne, at least, may have burned a bit of it off.

We also participated in some very serious grandma-grandkid bonding.

Now, call me irresponsible (go on.  I dare you.)  But I kept my grandchild, only hours from her toddler days, out past 2am.  The obvious solution was to get a really early breakfast at the diner, then use the motive mobile to go to the park and do her homework before it was time for her first day of school.

That way, she wouldn't need to sleep, shower, or potty.  Or tell her mother about this.  Ever.

She wanted to walk on her own, but I did some stealthy following to make sure she got there okay.  The leaves were already beginning to turn as autumn swept over Monte Vista.

And with equal parts pain and joy, and all manner of grandmother's soppy tears, I watched my baby's baby walk into the school building for the first time.  Leaving what was left of her helpless days as a giggling baby outside, with me, to blow away with the autumn leaves.

Offline EllaTheTaco

• Ella The Great
  • Townie
Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy
« Reply #605 on: April 01, 2013, 11:06:13 PM »
Can you make her bedroom real and then give it to me? Pretty please? :)
Champagne is so cute! I wonder what she'll look like when she is older?
And, Allegra, your irresponsible :P

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #606 on: April 01, 2013, 11:06:46 PM »
So lovely and poetic! Champagne's wardrobe is perfect, and so is her bedroom. Oh! So happy! I'm glad she started school on the first day of fall. It just seems right. I enjoyed her night on the town with the grandmas as well! How fitting she should spend time making drinks, hey?
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #607 on: April 01, 2013, 11:09:04 PM »

"Leaving what was left of her helpless days as a giggling baby outside, with me, to blow away with the autumn leaves."

How do you always do that? So sweet, but sad, and tender. I love it! And Eden's starving for cake face? Priceless.  ;D

Offline Dextra2

• Ruler-of-All-She-Sees-And Has A Really Big Ego.
  • Immortal
  • You can call me Dex!
« Reply #608 on: April 01, 2013, 11:12:27 PM »
Awwww, so sweet!
I loved this chapter so much. Just really sweet and heartwarming. :)
If a cluttered desk is an indication of a clutter mind, what is indicated by an empty desk?
~~~
That one moment when you realize you've been stalking the same thread for ten minutes... And there no reason why because you're up to date on everything.
~~~
Crossing the Rubicon

The Dark Fae's Quest

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #609 on: April 01, 2013, 11:13:17 PM »
So cute in so many ways! Did the lemonade stand come with Aurora Skies?

Champagne is a lovely young girl. I can't wait to see her when she gets older.
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

SimBlip

« Reply #610 on: April 01, 2013, 11:52:21 PM »
Aw! That bitter sweet pain of seeing your child grow up and having to let go. Always having to let go a little bit more as time goes by. Beautiful chapter! :)

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #611 on: April 02, 2013, 01:00:19 AM »

The lemonade stand comes with that Al Fresco Market (lemons only come with the market too and there is no lemonade without lemons. =P)

You truly, truly, do have a gift for storytelling.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #612 on: April 03, 2013, 08:58:39 PM »
Can you make her bedroom real and then give it to me? Pretty please? :)
Champagne is so cute! I wonder what she'll look like when she is older?
And, Allegra, your irresponsible :P

Haha, Allegra don't care.  I love her bedroom too.  I had been avoiding pink because I hate copying and pasting Hex codes that aren't in the little palate they give you, but I really love building pink things for Champagne now.

So lovely and poetic! Champagne's wardrobe is perfect, and so is her bedroom. Oh! So happy! I'm glad she started school on the first day of fall. It just seems right. I enjoyed her night on the town with the grandmas as well! How fitting she should spend time making drinks, hey?

I was thinking that too!  It felt so appropriate to start school as fall blows into town. 

"Leaving what was left of her helpless days as a giggling baby outside, with me, to blow away with the autumn leaves."

How do you always do that? So sweet, but sad, and tender. I love it! And Eden's starving for cake face? Priceless.  ;D

Aw, thank you!  I puzzled over that line for a while wondering if it was too saccharine and then just went with it.  I figured Allegra is the type to embrace her sentimentality.

The lemonade stand comes with that Al Fresco Market (lemons only come with the market too and there is no lemonade without lemons. =P)

You truly, truly, do have a gift for storytelling.

Yep, came with the market.  Thought I'd give her a leg up on making beverages!  And thanks to the both of you :)

Aw! That bitter sweet pain of seeing your child grow up and having to let go. Always having to let go a little bit more as time goes by. Beautiful chapter! :)

I always feel sad when the toddlers and children age up.  Not so much when the teens age up.  That's usually a "finally!" type sensation.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Cake and Ice Cream
« Reply #613 on: April 03, 2013, 09:18:43 PM »
I'm Champagne: the most important Classic.  The one you've all been waiting for.  I'm the final one.  That's pretty cool, huh?

We live in a mansion and we have everything you could ever want.  We're famous and rich and talented and life is amazing!  My doll OJ never came to life, though, no matter how much I loved him.  That made me sad, but Mona said that maybe it just wasn't meant to be.

It's a shame, because we woulda made a beautiful mimosa together one day.  He's in my inventory now.  I try not to think about it too much.  Besides there are lots of boys at school who stare and stare at me.  It's either because I'm famous or because I'm pretty.  Either way, I deserve it.

Grandma Allegra is really fun and takes us out all the time. 

I love going to Grandma Eden's pub and playing with the claw machine, even though I always lose.

Mama always wins.  I figure that's because she's a grown up.

Daddy doesn't play.  He just wants to talk about cats.

I reaaaallly like cats too.  We have a cat named Duchess and she's old.  She doesn't play much but she sleeps in my bed when I have nightmares.  It makes me sleep a little easier.

Mama says she used to have a doggy that slept in her bed too.  I've seen pictures of Penni.  She looks big and doofy and awkward.  I'm pretty sure I wouldn't sleep much with her in my bed, but it's nice that Mama liked her.  I love hearing stories about the old days.

My Granny wrote a lot of books once upon a time, and they are all tall tales about when she was young.  Kinda young.  Granny is special and was never a kid like me.  That's kinda weird.  She just started existing one day.  Grandma Allegra is reading all her books right now.

Sometimes she says, "Bubbly, I'm an accidental bookworm.  You better study!"  I don't know what that means, but I laugh like I do because I hate not being on the loop.

Grandma Mona Lisa (or just Mona for short) has painted everyone in the house five times!  I'm on #2.  She made me look nice.

My Daddy doesn't live with us because our house is all full.  Mona thinks that's why OJ didn't come to life.  Mama thinks OJ didn't come to life because he's made out of cotton.  Daddy doesn't have an opinion.

I think he didn't come to life because he was needed more elsewhere.  I don't need much more company in such a big house with such a big life!  I don't even need protection.  After all, my mom is a big, bad cop!  (who likes rainbow sherbet)

When my birthday came, I got all dressed up.  I like feeling prim.

Daddy and the grandmas and Mama were all there cheering because I'm important and needed to sparkle!

I wished to make everyone proud.  And to not be ugly.

I aged up in really bad clothes and a stupid hat.  Mona Lisa says it comes with the territory.  Then Eden said, "Remember Eunice's dress?  I set it on fire."  Then Granny said, "That was YOU?  I had to replace half the sod outside."  Then Eden said, "Look, cake!"

I looked at everybody for a second and tried to take a picture in my memory.  They are all proud of me in different ways, aren't they?

Then I went to the dresser.  I looked at myself and said, "Bubbly, you're a grown up now.  Time to be sophisticated." 

I picked out some classy clothes for a Classic girl.  My new trait slot might say "snob," but I know it really just means "tasteful."

My prom clothes are a little more edgy, but that's just because I don't want to be overlooked or generic.  I'm still within good taste and high standards:

As just a teen, even though there are no men in the house, I chose the paragon of modesty for sleepwear:

Initially I wanted to do the same for swimwear:

But then I remembered I must change into a bathing suit every time I press nectar and that would be cumbersome, so I switched to a bikini.  Please ignore my entirely absent waist.

I also chose some simple outerwear for moments when I must be exposed to the elements.  I don't plan on letting that happen all too often.  I'd rather stay dry, warm, and comfortable, thank you very much.

How am I doing?  Do I seem more grown up?  No, no Champagne.  You mustn't ask.  Be assured.  You're great.  Everyone knows you're great.  Now go eat some of that delicious cake.

Offline EllaTheTaco

• Ella The Great
  • Townie
Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - Cake and Ice Cream
« Reply #614 on: April 03, 2013, 09:25:43 PM »
She is beautiful!I love so many parts of it, that I don't know which is my favorite :D Your so close! Just 2 immortals and 5 more cakes (or 4 more) !