Author Topic: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - The Video Message  (Read 288319 times)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - The Law of Conservation of Mass
« Reply #660 on: April 09, 2013, 02:57:10 AM »
Aaahh, so perfect! I love how he said his signature line, so sweet. There have been the best spouses in this dynasty, honestly. It's good to see them back again, and I look forward to their corporeal presences being restored. And! Congratulations to Champagne and Braden. I feel like a classy lady need not mind being on the arm of an older gentleman.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline EllaTheTaco

• Ella The Great
  • Townie
« Reply #661 on: April 09, 2013, 11:37:32 AM »
What about Eureka (and Humberto?) Did he come back or no? Or was it just Goop? I really want Goopy, *Shouts to the sim skies* BRING GOOPY BACK! Has he come back at all throughout the dynasty?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #662 on: April 09, 2013, 07:32:56 PM »
Ugh! I love it! LOVE. IT. "Babe, he said. English." And to think I gave him such crap for that line and now I just adore it. And no wonder, I can't help it! Rosetta is still my favorite Classic. The little girl who loved school with her big, round glasses! Ugh! I can't wait to see them back together.

Aw, she was an adorable little girl, wasn't she?  I went back and revisited it. 

So close to the end . . . soooo close . . . yay for Champagne and Braden! It's so nice to see everyone together and happy--I can't wait to see how you wrap up the dynasty!

It seems like I'm so close.  But Champagne is still a YA, all of her requirements are done, and I'm bored out of my mind looking at several remaining hours of gameplay.

Hi, Tilia. I just want to let you know. I've been reading your story until now.
I'm really enjoying it, your story is written beautifully. And the makeover for the ladies are awesome!

You're so close at finale when I see Champagne. It's like yesterday when I read Coralie. My, how time flies!
When Classic Immortals are completed. Will you telling about the Epilogue too? I'll love to read that as well ^^

Always glad to know someone else is reading!  There will absolutely be an epilogue.  I'm looking forward to when I can finally write it.  Come on, time.  Go faster.

NO EUREKA!?! BUT SHE'S AWESOME!!! I feel severely betrayed.  >:(

Aw.  She appears often enough, doesn't she?!

Aaah you made me go back and read Rosetta's life over again  ::) I can't believe you're so close to almost done :)

I love going back over the earlier stages of the dynasty.  Wish I still had a full museum :/

Aaahh, so perfect! I love how he said his signature line, so sweet. There have been the best spouses in this dynasty, honestly. It's good to see them back again, and I look forward to their corporeal presences being restored. And! Congratulations to Champagne and Braden. I feel like a classy lady need not mind being on the arm of an older gentleman.

I'm so attached to all of the spouses.  I can't wait to settle them all in second lives as soon as we finish up.

What about Eureka (and Humberto?) Did he come back or no? Or was it just Goop? I really want Goopy, *Shouts to the sim skies* BRING GOOPY BACK! Has he come back at all throughout the dynasty?

Humbug was the first spouse to come back.  I wish I'd gotten more screenshots of it, but I did include Eureka giving him the grankids treatment.  By the time Goopy died, all of the urns were put away, so he's never been back as a ghost.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
The Night Watch
« Reply #663 on: April 09, 2013, 08:08:44 PM »
We have reached somewhat of an impasse in this house.  All of us but Champagne, and possibly Mata Hari, who are still young enough to experience something new now and again.

I have come to feel slightly bitter that my husband is the only one to not yet appear.  Night by night, I sit in the rocking chair in my room, staring at his urn, willing him to come to me.  Mom says, "a watched pot never boils."  I say - keep your cliches to yourself.

When I do finally burn out and require sleep, I ask Champagne to practice her sculpting in my room, just in case.  She will need more skills than nectar for her opportunity requirements, so she might as well pick up that one, since I have the station.

Champagne has the distinction of being the only Classic to finish all of her requirements before her adult birthday.  Her mother was the first to do it before her elder birthday.  We took them out to celebrate, but Mata seemed pensive about her most recent case and Champagne had vanished to canoodle with her Older Man, so it was rather an uneventful outing.

Why she chose a clerk, who is almost always at work is beyond all of us.  They never have normal dates and he's almost always too tired to function by the time he's free.  But, the heart wants what it wants.  No one knows that better than I do.

On the rare occasion he manages to come visit, he and Bubbly steal away and talk into the night.

Well, they talk some of the night.

"Have you ever thought about the west coast?" she asks him.  "Starlight Shores?  We could be famous.  We could start completely over.  Maybe I could sing!"

"I'd go anywhere with you," he says.  "I'd build you a house and we could raise five children and you could be famous."

"Famous," Champagne says.  "And not for my last name."

And they drift to silence, thinking about this hypothetical fantasy future.

Champagne is absolutely set on Starlight Shores.  I don't know why, but she seems to think she was born for it.  Born for the lure of the lights and crowds.  She takes photos with us like a graduating senior wanting to remember the long lost good old days when she's gone.

She is so assured of herself.  So positive she will be a sensation.  It's both adorable and exhausting.  She uses the simlife goggles to simulate adoring masses and practices her routine.

And the rest of us smile and nod and don't really try to inject any reality into her hopes.  After all, she's done all she needs to do to be immortal, and she doesn't even have her first wrinkle yet.

We pass time.  We pass time however we can.

Even Mata seems impatient.  Five days from ambrosia.

And then, just like that, there will be a little something.  A nod from the universe that gives us something to live for.  Like Goopy finally, FINALLY making his appearance.  And doing so while I was sleeping

"Ma!"  Rosetta choked, loud as she could.  "Someone get my mom!"

And she brought Goop up to speed at a lightening pace.  Outlining all the centuries he'd missed.

Until I cut her off.  I dashed into the room straight past my daughter and lept.  I didn't even think about the physical limits of ghosthood.  I lept.

"Oh, it's you, it's you, it's really you," I moaned, gripping him so tight I'm surprised he remained.

"It was hard to get away," he said.  "I'm so glad I'm here now."

"I have missed you, Goop.  I have missed you so. much."

We didn't talk as much as I thought.  I couldn't remember the things to say that I'd had carefully planned out.  I just ... oh, he was here.  He was here again.  That was really all I needed.

"We'll be together again soon," he said.  "Warm and safe and young again, I bet.  We can have a gaggle of kids if you want.  Or not.  We can move into a hippie commune with Ophelia and Emmett if you like.  Or run away and be hobos together in the mountains."

"I could do all of those at this point," I said.  "Just to be able to use my knees properly again.  Oh, Goop.  How do you feel about the west coast?  We could go rub elbows with movie stars."

He laughed, leaning into my hand on his cheek.  The sun was coming up and I knew he'd be gone very soon.  "Do you remember the night we got married?  The snow and the starry sky."

I nodded, my eyes clouding with tears.  "Let's marry in the sun this time," he said.  "I miss the sun."

And then he was gone.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - The Night Watch
« Reply #664 on: April 09, 2013, 09:02:14 PM »
This is so incredibly sweet. I think you're really demonstrating the utter boringness of waiting for the final immortal, and how much you just want them to age up so you can act on all the amazing story ideas you've been having for the next lives! And, of course, there's the fact that Moopy is back in business. And how Mona was waiting up all night, just waiting for Goopy to come . . . simply beautiful.
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #665 on: April 09, 2013, 09:07:35 PM »
Okay...I teared up a bit when Goopy reappeared. As much as I have enjoyed the other spouses, I think that Goopy and Mona Lisa's love story-that-almost-wasn't has to be my favorite. I'm so glad that he reappeared. again, even if just for one night.

SimBlip

« Reply #666 on: April 09, 2013, 09:19:12 PM »
I teared up too when Goopy finally came through. Mona Lisa talking about the the west coast and he just asking if she remembered a snowy night lit by stars.
I love the beginning of this chapter too. It's Champagne picking that wild flower, and the painting of Vermeer 'Girl with the pearl earrings' hanging right above where she choses to consume her relationship with her older lover.
Very touching update! :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #667 on: April 09, 2013, 09:25:52 PM »
Gah, I continue to adore this story! Let's marry in the sun this time! Too cute. As for the final days of a dynasty: speed three, it is your friend. Yup. It's frustrating, I'm sure, but we're all rootin' for you! I can't wait to see how you wrap it all up. Plus, you mentioned starting a life states dynasty next! I look forward to that possibility too.

Offline Hallucination

• Occult
  • Resident Legacy Addict
« Reply #668 on: April 09, 2013, 10:45:44 PM »
Aw.  She appears often enough, doesn't she?!

The idea of Eureka appearing too often makes absolutely no sense.
I'm not pedantic! I just believe in precision of language.

Green Witch Legacy

Offline EllaTheTaco

• Ella The Great
  • Townie
« Reply #669 on: April 09, 2013, 10:59:45 PM »
Yay! Good old Goop is back :) Its funny how Mona Lisa kept staying up all night and finally when she went to bed he came, hmmm.

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
  • Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
« Reply #670 on: April 10, 2013, 12:37:24 AM »
Goopy is back! I am so happy for Mona Lisa. Great! Now I just missed Ophelia :(
“Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” ― Ellen Hopkins

My Stories:
1. The Demosthenes Immortal Dynasty: Kev's Corner #08 - Thankful (31/12/13)
2. The Goode-Rotter's Life Story: Case Eleven - Signs of Love (27/12/13)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #672 on: April 10, 2013, 01:15:40 PM »
Oh yay, he finally came! That chapter is up there in my list of 'Most Poignant'.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #673 on: April 10, 2013, 10:37:01 PM »
This is so incredibly sweet. I think you're really demonstrating the utter boringness of waiting for the final immortal, and how much you just want them to age up so you can act on all the amazing story ideas you've been having for the next lives! And, of course, there's the fact that Moopy is back in business. And how Mona was waiting up all night, just waiting for Goopy to come . . . simply beautiful.

I seriously have the stir crazy moodlet from just watching them do nothing while I wait for CHampagne's life to go by.  Seeing Goopy again was nice.  Maybe I'll inform the ladies of Freddie's post-life proclivities. 

Okay...I teared up a bit when Goopy reappeared. As much as I have enjoyed the other spouses, I think that Goopy and Mona Lisa's love story-that-almost-wasn't has to be my favorite. I'm so glad that he reappeared. again, even if just for one night.

Their love story is my favorite of the bunch too.  Then again, it was probably the only one with real turmoil.  Plus they grew up together and that's always sweet. 

I teared up too when Goopy finally came through. Mona Lisa talking about the the west coast and he just asking if she remembered a snowy night lit by stars.
I love the beginning of this chapter too. It's Champagne picking that wild flower, and the painting of Vermeer 'Girl with the pearl earrings' hanging right above where she choses to consume her relationship with her older lover.
Very touching update! :)

Their wedding was one of my all-time favorite moments of game play.  Monte Vista is beautiful on its own, but at night in the snow ... sigh.

Gah, I continue to adore this story! Let's marry in the sun this time! Too cute. As for the final days of a dynasty: speed three, it is your friend. Yup. It's frustrating, I'm sure, but we're all rootin' for you! I can't wait to see how you wrap it all up. Plus, you mentioned starting a life states dynasty next! I look forward to that possibility too.

Yes.  I have the eldest Miss Bliss (mother of my starving students) ready and waiting in the Sim Bin.  I'm thinking Aurora Skies.  I have taken your advice and the third speed is now the default speed.  It is still taking forever, though.  I got so excited when Champagne's birthday finally rolled around and then realized, wait ... she's only an adult.  Sigh.

The idea of Eureka appearing too often makes absolutely no sense.

Haha, she's old.  she naps a lot.

Yay! Good old Goop is back :) Its funny how Mona Lisa kept staying up all night and finally when she went to bed he came, hmmm.

They never did sort out their timing, did they?

Gooby was here.  :D

Gooby pls.

Oh yay, he finally came! That chapter is up there in my list of 'Most Poignant'.

Aw, thanks!  I really love Goop and Mona and it was nice to play them again for even a little while.  I can't wait to make them young all over again.  I'm thinking Mona Lisa working as a high end art appraiser in Starlight Shores sounds like a fitting second chance...

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Running in Place
« Reply #674 on: April 10, 2013, 10:55:52 PM »
So, on an unremarkable night in the fall, I became an old lady.  The family was very excited that something, anything at all, was happening.

I wished for the rest of this dynasty to hurry itself up so I could youngify myself, marry Percy, and get him some normal-person clothes.  And hair.  And also maybe get a little plastic surgery myself.  I'm the only super spy at the department who's never had any.

I had some trouble recreating my hair color with dye, but I got as close as I could.  Here's my new everyday outfit, which is really my old teen athletic outfit:

Formalwear:

Sleepwear (old lady abs):

Athletic Wear:

Swimwear:

And Outerwear:

I am disappointed that a variation of my daughter's winter coat isn't available for elders.  I quite admire her in it.

It's so funny to think of prissy Champagne out fishing at the crack of dawn, but she wants to hone as many (open) skills as possible to up her opportunities.  She only has two completed so far, so that's what her entire adulthood will be devoted to.  I suggested maybe starting a new job, but she wrinkled her nose at that.  I think she enjoys her freedom to attend festivals or loiter at consignment shops around Braden.

I know my girl because she's so like me.  She knows he's watching her.

And will come to her rescue if she needs it.

If not, he'll just admire her beauty.  As we all do.  Including her.

"The paintings being gone, I have no idea what anyone looks like young!" she said to me.  "Sometimes I stare at them and try to figure it out."

"Wait until you see young Mona Lisa," Granny says.

"Wait until you see Freddie," say both Rosetta and Eden.

Our last pet has passed on.  I missed it because I was at work.  So long, Duchess.  You were a good cat, and you had more lifetime happiness points than any other Classic pet, but the Watcher forgot to let you use them.

Life went on, though.  Slowly.  Champagne learned piano to level 10 in one night.

I made my final best friend and ate ambrosia.  Then jogged for 20 minutes to burn it off.  I don't have a photo of that.  I do have a photo of trying to eat it in a crash dream I had.

I'm in a costume because it's spooky day.

Throwing parties is not something our home has the memory capability to do anymore, unfortunately, and we crashed.  But it's a nice, fake memory that I saw in my sleep.  And either way, now I'm immortal.

Sometime later, my daughter became an adult during a tinkle.  The end is near.  I think.  Eventually.  Ugh, this is more exhausting than a marathon.

Immortal 7 - Mata Hari Classic

Traits: artistic, athletic, brave, irresistible, ambitious, daredevil
Boyfriend: Percy McDowell
Career: Law Enforcement (Spy Track) - Maxed
Skill: Athletics (supermaxed)
Other Maxed Skills:
Lifetime Wish: International Super Spy (complete)
6 Unique Black Ops: Work/School Learning Project, The Muscle Hustle, Celebrity Body, Muscle Showdown, Jog Everywhere, Puzzle Panic
6 Unique Best Friends:  Percy McDowell, Champagne Classic, Kane Shelley, Rogolio Lopez, Wendy Lopez, Jessica Staten,
3 Unique Lifetime Rewards: philosopher's stone, all-weather champion, dirt defiant
Property:  Gym
Building: Classic Coliseum
Portraits: toddler, child, teen, young adult, adult, elder
Sculptures:toddler, child, teen, young adult, adult, elder
Photographs: toddler
Immortal at: 80 Days

anything