Author Topic: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - The Video Message  (Read 291495 times)

Offline EllaTheTaco

• Ella The Great
  • Townie
Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - Running in Place
« Reply #690 on: April 12, 2013, 03:09:44 PM »
Happy birthday!
Have fun in New York! I've gone a few times because I live 3 hours away :)
I went to near the beginning of this story, and I saw the picture whe Mona Lisa was a child at the festival with everybody and it brung back so many memories from the beginning :)

Offline honeylamb

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #691 on: April 12, 2013, 06:04:38 PM »
Have a wonderful birthday and a great time in NYC!

Slightly off topic, have you tried defragmenting your computer to reduce lag? Here's hoping it gets better for you.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline shaunta

• Townie
« Reply #692 on: April 12, 2013, 08:17:31 PM »
Okay, people.  I'm off until next week to celebrate my 27th birthday in NYC with some friends before they put me out to pasture :) 
You're so sweet.  I'm gone till Tuesday, so rest easy.  Working on anything you're planning to post, perhaps?  Maybe?  Hm?  :)
Aww Thanks Tilla! But sadly no, no story yet I have not gotten approval for the photo-sharing as of yet and I don't know now to use photo bucket ether :( soon enough I will give it a try! Happy Birthday and enjoy NYC I hear its awesome.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #693 on: April 12, 2013, 11:49:25 PM »

Happy birthday, Tilia! 27 is way, way too young to call yourself as being put out to pasture. Also, as a huge school nerd myself, I have to say a big congrats on your admission to a top five MBA graduate program! That is seriously awesome! Plus, Madrid? That sounds like tons of fun (and educational, too, of course that's the primary goal, yes?  ;) I tease!) Hopefully a good Sims habit hobby and an encouraging forum can also help reduce the stress as you continue forward with your education. Again, congratulations!

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #694 on: April 13, 2013, 10:30:43 AM »
Ok, first off Tilia: Happy Birthday.  Second of all... it has taken me about 3 days to read your story.  And let me just say: OMG!  There are so many things I want to say that it would take far too long to do so.  Suffice it to say that I have loved- and hated- every moment of it.  I loved their triumphs, each wedding, each nooboo, each immortal.  And I have hated their sad moments.  Very rarely do I cry over written characters, but I have done so with each of your sims.  They are truly beautiful, inside and out.  You make them come alive.  In short, I can't wait to see the end of your Dynasty and yet, it brings me great sorrow as well.  So I really hope you continue their adventures ^^

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #695 on: April 21, 2013, 01:45:44 PM »
Hurray! Enjoy New York! I went once. Magical.

I had a great time!  I dyed my hair red (something I've always wanted to do) and saw Emilia Clarke star in Breakfast at Tiffany's :)

Aw, have fun in NYC, and happy birthday!!

This might be a little unorthodox, but could you create an extra save file, and get rid of all the extra rooms (minus the museum of course) in the house except the ones you need for screenshots, and try to keep your girls going via motive mobile/moodlet manager? Then you could always go back to the entire house for the wrap-up as needed. I can't imagine how frustrating it must be to spend longer (re)booting the game than actual play time when you're so close to done!

Edit: Of course, I'm sure you're a far more patient person than I am, and demolishing a build that's taken generations to create is probably painful :(

I actually just finished up.  I just need to copy the girls and their possessions and move them to a less laggy town.  Yay!

Happy birthday!

I must say, I love all of your ladies. They are so beautiful, so different, and yet they are so close to one another.

And you really have the patience of a saint, don't you? Taking so long to load, crashing all the time... wow.

Oh, Bubbly is gorgeous! So classy, so beautiful...

Looking forward to the next instalment. (hint, hint)  ;)

~Emily

I love them all too!  It took almost two weeks, but I finally got Champagne to elderhood.  Thank goodness.

I can't believe how close you are to finishing! I remember when you just started with Coralie. sorry to hear about the constant crashing though, I hope it's not too long til you finish now. Oh, and have a good time in New York.

I had a great time thanks!  Coralie did a great job with this thing :)

Happy birthday!

Oh! This is somewhat irrelevant, but Rosetta makes a very pretty astronaut. Who was wearing the cowplant costume?

Percy was the cowplant.  And a very handsome one at that.

I had meant for Mata Hari's hair colour. =P

Happy Birthday and have fun in New York~

~Anna

Have a wonderful birthday and a great time in NYC!

Slightly off topic, have you tried defragmenting your computer to reduce lag? Here's hoping it gets better for you.

Hopefully all my problems are solved now!  THanks for the well wishes!!

Happy birthday!
Have fun in New York! I've gone a few times because I live 3 hours away :)
I went to near the beginning of this story, and I saw the picture whe Mona Lisa was a child at the festival with everybody and it brung back so many memories from the beginning :)

I love looking back on those old posts.  There's something sweet about seeing them as children, isn't there?

Aww Thanks Tilla! But sadly no, no story yet I have not gotten approval for the photo-sharing as of yet and I don't know now to use photo bucket ether :( soon enough I will give it a try! Happy Birthday and enjoy NYC I hear its awesome.

I use imgur and like it quite a lot.  If you need help with anything, just shoot me a PM.

Happy birthday, Tilia! 27 is way, way too young to call yourself as being put out to pasture. Also, as a huge school nerd myself, I have to say a big congrats on your admission to a top five MBA graduate program! That is seriously awesome! Plus, Madrid? That sounds like tons of fun (and educational, too, of course that's the primary goal, yes?  ;) I tease!) Hopefully a good Sims habit hobby and an encouraging forum can also help reduce the stress as you continue forward with your education. Again, congratulations!

I'm super, super excited about Madrid!  Now to find buckets of money to fund it!  I feel pretty okay about 27.  I don't think I'll miss the constant poverty and insecurity of the early 20s ;)

Ok, first off Tilia: Happy Birthday.  Second of all... it has taken me about 3 days to read your story.  And let me just say: OMG!  There are so many things I want to say that it would take far too long to do so.  Suffice it to say that I have loved- and hated- every moment of it.  I loved their triumphs, each wedding, each nooboo, each immortal.  And I have hated their sad moments.  Very rarely do I cry over written characters, but I have done so with each of your sims.  They are truly beautiful, inside and out.  You make them come alive.  In short, I can't wait to see the end of your Dynasty and yet, it brings me great sorrow as well.  So I really hope you continue their adventures ^^

Aw, that's such a sweet comment!  I dunno if I should apologize for making you cry, but I find it super flattering.  I've gotten to the point of tears a few times in this game, which I know is super sappy, but they were so easy to get attached to.  Don't worry.  Each character will get a good, fleshed out epilogue.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Good and Bad
« Reply #696 on: April 21, 2013, 01:59:31 PM »
My adulthood dragged past in the slowest manner imaginable.  I bet having kids or adventures would've filled it with motion, but that was not an option for me, at least not this time around.  But I did have Braden, and that was a joy.

Upon reaching her immortality, my mother retired from her job.  You can see old man dad there in the photo, being very proud of her indeed.

And we all were.  Her museum was complete and now only I was left.

Dad began to spend most nights with us.  It was really great to have him around now that they were both retired.

We put all the urns away, though sometimes one wayward ghost does manage to get out somehow.

Braden and I reveled in winter. I joined the business career to give myself something to do, and he joined it as well, but for the most part, the days were just long stretches of snow and time.

We speculated about our next chance at life.  About maybe kids.  About my dreams of being a singer.

And we never took for granted what time we had together.

One night, on the way home from a date, the worst happened.  It was snowing and I'd stopped off to pick up our profits from some of our businesses while Braden met me at the house.

I hate that he died in the cold.  And I hate that he died without me.  I play good memories over in my head as often as I can until I can have him back.  But it doesn't make the loss any easier.  He was such a good man.

Dad has spent time trying to comfort me.  He's a wonderful ice skater and offered to teach me how.

However, I don't think I'll ever be as good as he is.  Or as big of a show off.

Mom is glad to still have him around.  She speculates sometimes that he might be the only man to make it past our requirements alive.  The rest of us speculate about what we'll do after.  If the Watcher is satisfied with us.

I've maxed every available skill, it seems.  We're a household of great cooks and mixologists, fisherwomen and sculptors, just waiting waiting waiting for the end.

At least it helps that we like each other.

As spring sprung in Monte Vista, Granny made her final batch of ambrosia.  They all ate and she set aside that last plate for me.

I confess love day hurt this year.  Though I can't begrudge my mother her happiness.

She and Daddy were inspirations to me for what love should be like.  They raised me right, even if he couldn't live here.  Even if she still today rolls wishes to marry him and can't.

That's why it was the cruelest day for him to go.  Even if it is only temporary.

We were solemn for days.  When my birthday finally came, the happiness began to seep back in little by little, like the first rays of summer blooming outside.

And suddenly, it was time.  I was old.

The sculptures and portraits were done.  The friends were cemented.  The time had come.

And so I sat down and placed my fork in ambrosia.  I did it alone.  The others hidden away, occupying themselves in superstitious disbelief.

The day had finally arrived.  Our immortal dynasty was complete.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deme

• Immortal
Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - Good and Bad
« Reply #697 on: April 21, 2013, 02:04:57 PM »
Congrats! It's been a long and winding journey...And now it's time for some good ol' denouement. Or, possibly, some out-of-challenge climax.
Stories In Progress:
The Avyan Immortal Dynasty

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #698 on: April 21, 2013, 02:08:10 PM »
You did it! <cheers wildly>

This has been a joy to read. I have loved this story every step of the way--your writing style is fabulous! Whatever epilogue you have in mind for the Classics is bound to be equally amazing. Congratulations on a journey completed and a job well done!

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #699 on: April 21, 2013, 02:10:39 PM »
Oh my gosh, Congratulations! I'm still stuck in stunned disbelief that it's actually finished, it seems like just yesterday that Mona and Ophelia were arguing over Goopy!

Your writing is so amazing, and I can't wait to see how you finish off the story! (Don't forget Freddie. He is eternal.)
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline CaramelCat

• The Queen of Cats
  • Llama Wrangler
  • Meow
« Reply #700 on: April 21, 2013, 02:25:04 PM »
I can't believe you've finished!  Congratulations!

*Tosses confetti*

I can't wait to see what you do with the girls next!

JessieJJJ

« Reply #701 on: April 21, 2013, 02:58:03 PM »
Horray for the Classics!

P.S. Can you put Freedie in the Swap Shop please?

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #702 on: April 21, 2013, 03:04:29 PM »
Freddie's already in the Swap Shop. :)

Congrats on finishing! It's been a wonderful journey.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #703 on: April 21, 2013, 03:05:36 PM »
*jaw drops* Can't believe it's finished already... And watching her lose her love like that was heartbreaking!  But congratulations on finishing and I can't wait to read the epilogues!

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
The Classic Immortals
« Reply #704 on: April 21, 2013, 03:15:41 PM »
Final Museum Value: 775, 034

Breakdowns of value by room in the first chapter.

Stay tuned.  The best is yet to come :)

anything