Author Topic: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - Orange Skies  (Read 425609 times)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
Re: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - The Next Big Step
« Reply #285 on: March 24, 2013, 11:03:40 PM »
Congratulations to: 1) Brandon and Bree for graduating, 2) the same on having a baby, and 3) Nick on becoming immortal! I so look forward to his ambrosia moment. Yours are always so good. Can't wait to see the nooboo up close and find out her name!
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
Re: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - The Next Big Step
« Reply #286 on: March 25, 2013, 01:16:09 PM »
Welcome to generation four! What's her name? Congrats on another immortal, as well! I really like Brandon and Bree's bedroom. Are those sports trophies earned from university hanging up by her bed or just new university wall decor?

The name is coming right up! After Nicky's ambrosia, of course. I worked hard on the bedroom and, considering I'm a horrible builder, I'm very proud of it. They're UL decor, and I think they really suit Bree's sportiness.

Congratulations to: 1) Brandon and Bree for graduating, 2) the same on having a baby, and 3) Nick on becoming immortal! I so look forward to his ambrosia moment. Yours are always so good. Can't wait to see the nooboo up close and find out her name!

Thanks, I try  ;). She is a darn cute toddler, and an even prettier teenager!
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
Re: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - 3/25
« Reply #287 on: March 25, 2013, 01:54:25 PM »
Chapter 38 - A Golden Life

It was 2 in the morning, and my elder museum pieces were finally complete. I was tired, but Ambrosia could not wait. I remembered the marble room from my young adulthood, and it was completely unchanged. Not a hint of mold or cobweb marked the walls or floor.

The mirror room appeared to me, now. Everywhere I looked I saw myself reflected back--except in the dark mirror in the center of the room. Here, a glowing silver face appeared and looked at me with an impatient, but amused, expression.

"Nicholas Elysi," it intoned in a deep, vibrating voice, "your journey has been both easier and harder than most. Your requirements were easily completed, but you struggled to leave the foretold path and--ack. Gross! Swallowed a fly. That's disgusting!"

"There's one thing I haven't come to terms with, yet" I said softly, resisting the ridiculous urge to laugh. "What about Lolita? Why can't she live forever, too?"

"In these dynasties, many sims believe they can just immortalize their entire families. However, this would unbalance the natural order. All time would freeze forever, and if life does not change is it so different from death? If you wish to live forever with your loved ones, you must pay the price. In the end, you will have your paradise."

"Nice rhyming. But can't you do something to keep Lolita alive a little longer? Just so she can see Kara is all grown up?"

"If not for you, Lolita would have remained dead. Be content that you have her a truly happy lifetime. Now, shoo! Ambrosia won't wait forever."

I leave the room and walk down the hall of memory, to see the spouse memorials. Brandon's exhibit is just coming together, but I can already see that my daughter made the right choice. Not that I'll be telling her that--if she knows I approve of Brandon, it won't be so thrilling for her.

I must tell Brandon to make Lolita's statue. As it is--well, she's perfect. There are photographs of our marriage in France, Lolita holding Bree--and when Lolita was pregnant and playing "We Are the Champions" in the library. Her skill certificates are here, showing how she completed her lifetime wish. On the upper right is a greeting card photo we took back when Kaylynn was an adult and we were all at the festival together with her and Michael. On Love Day.

For now, I use Mom's replicator for my ambrosia, since she still must charm mine.

I sit, and apprehensively glance down. Mom never told me how it tasted, and when I asked she just gave me a little wink. Lifting the fork, I cut off a chunk of the Ambrosia and lift it into my mouth. All at once, a thousand sensations overcome me.

Dad's deep laughter as I smacked him with a pillow, chainsaw on ice and hammer on stone, chunks of clay rubbing onto my hands, the rock music barely audible above the banging, Mom telling me a story about fairies living in flowers, falling head-over-heels in love the very first time I saw Lolita, her hand in mine as we danced, the fragrance of flowers in France at our private wedding, Bree's cries in the nursery, her toddler giggle, the water balloon just whizzing over my head and my daughter's laughter, and Lolita, again, weaving through all of it like a golden light . . .

And now the sparkles are surrounding me, as they did just a few days before, but this is a gentler and infinitely powerful sensation. I am not aging, this time. I am not becoming younger. I am existing, eternally.

My name is Nicholas Elysi, and I am Immortal.

I rise and enter my museum room. It's so difficult to remember these years--I was so giggly and happy. Mom would say I haven't changed a bit. And . . . I remember that ridiculous mummy shirt! These weren't the golden years of my life--more of a bright, sunny yellow.

My teenage years, on the other hand--those were strange times! My neon wardrobe was the talk of time, and I was interested in girls and partying. Instead, I spent much of my time sculpting--I remember having a crush on Kaylynn. I had a thing for older women, I recall. As a young adult . . . the true golden time. It seems fitting that, in my photograph, I am thinking of Lolita. This is when I first met her. This is the first time that I fell in love, and you can see that in my portrait.

Most sims are sad and feel old as adults. I, on the other hand, never thought about my age. I always felt so young, because I had Lolita and Bree, and my life was only getting better every day. My daughter is so--interesting. She and her mother have kept me busy enough that I never had time to contemplate aging. It's so difficult to believe I'm an elder. I certainly don't feel so old--and, depending on these portraits, I don't look too bad either!

Ringed around the room are pictures of me growing up. I especially like the one of Mom attacking me with the Claw.

Ages ago, Mom told me I could get a tattoo when I was 80--literally. And I never forgot.

Nicholas Elysi, the Second Immortal. And I am never saying that again! Nickerdoodle Elysi, Nickerooni Elysi, Nicky, Nickagawea, Nickalynn, The Wicked Nick--so many possibilities!

I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline CreativeCrayola

• Katniss :)
  • Immortal
Re: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - A Golden Life
« Reply #288 on: March 25, 2013, 02:09:32 PM »
Congratulations on Nick's immortality! I love his tattoo!

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
Re: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - The Second Immortal
« Reply #289 on: March 25, 2013, 02:25:17 PM »
The Second Immortal

Immortal 2 - Nicholas Elysi
Traits - Friendly, Savvy Sculptor, Good Sense of Humor, Family-Oriented, Excitable
Likes - Yellow
Spouse - Lolita Goth
Unique LTW - Living in the Lap of Luxury
3 Unique LTRs - Entrepreneurial Mindset, Artisan Crafter, Dirt Defiant
Career - Sculpting
Unique Supermaxed Skill - Sculpting
Other Skills -
6 Black Ops - Personal Sculpting, Guitar Up!, Best Food in Town, Sims on Ice, Oh Scrap!, An Old Ruse
6 Unique Best Friends - Lolita Elysi, Jared Marcus, Seneca McIrish, Cornelia Goth, Claire Ursine, Kip McIrish, Bebe Hart, Marisol McIrish, Rosalie Noyes, Stacy Clemons, Sandi French, Serena Elysi
Owned Building - Elysi Towers
Owned Property - Papyrus Memorial Library
Toddler Museum Pieces - Portrait, Photo, Sculpture
Child Museum Pieces - Portrait, Photo, Sculpture
Teen Museum Pieces - Portrait, Photo, Sculpture
YA Museum Pieces - Portrait, Sculpture, Photo
Adult Museum Pieces - Portrait, Sculpture, Photo
Elder Museum Pieces - Portrait, Sculpture, Photo

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #290 on: March 25, 2013, 02:57:31 PM »
Awesome!  I didn't know we could do tattoos for immortals!  I might have to send Eureka to the parlor. 

As always, I love your ambrosia posts and your museum.  Wonderful.

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #291 on: March 25, 2013, 04:43:45 PM »
Awesome!  I didn't know we could do tattoos for immortals!  I might have to send Eureka to the parlor. 

Yep, a tattoo resets age and immortals get their age reset anyways so it's fine. ^^

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #292 on: March 25, 2013, 04:45:24 PM »
Ah!  :'( I always want to cry at this part. So beautiful.

By samoht04

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #293 on: March 25, 2013, 04:45:39 PM »
Yep, a tattoo resets age and immortals get their age reset anyways so it's fine. ^^

Huh.  I wonder why the mudbaths are still out, then.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #294 on: March 25, 2013, 04:51:31 PM »
Congratulations on Nick's immortality! I love his tattoo!

Nick says thanks! And I thought it suited him  ;)

Yep, I'm tattooing all of them as part of the ambrosia ritual now! Oh, how awesome would Eureka look with a tattoo? (So awesome!)

I pride myself on my Ambrosia, Parties, Weddings, and Using Male Sims to Impregnate Towns. It's an interesting skill-set.

Yeperdoodles! And what is more awesome than immortals with tattoos?

Ah!  :'( I always want to cry at this part. So beautiful.

Thanks! I really enjoy writing it--oh, and did you notice the baby's name sprinkled in there?

Huh.  I wonder why the mudbaths are still out, then.

You could ask on the Challenge thread--maybe they're worried the other members will get into it autonomously?

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #295 on: March 25, 2013, 04:52:49 PM »
Of course. It was very subtle though.

By samoht04

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #296 on: March 25, 2013, 06:32:35 PM »
Congratulations on immortal number two! This part was so bittersweet--the accomplishment of immortality, yet the realization that many of his loved ones will not be able to share in it. The way that you conveyed his thoughts was simply superb.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #297 on: March 25, 2013, 10:26:10 PM »

Haha, Nick's tattoo is quite suitable. A lovely trip down memory lane, as always!

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #298 on: March 25, 2013, 10:34:08 PM »
I pride myself on my Ambrosia, Parties, Weddings, and Using Male Sims to Impregnate Towns. It's an interesting skill-set.

Ooh, do I get to join the club on the last one?

And congrats on your second immortal. I love Nick's new tattoo.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #299 on: March 25, 2013, 10:43:35 PM »
Ooh, do I get to join the club on the last one?

And congrats on your second immortal. I love Nick's new tattoo.

I try on the last one, but I don't seem to be very good.