Author Topic: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - Orange Skies  (Read 423942 times)

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
Re: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - 4/6
« Reply #375 on: April 06, 2013, 03:54:01 PM »
Chapter 50 - Bianca's Letter

Dear Kara,

I'm not sure what this is, or where it's going, but I'm supposed to write about my life, and your life, and the kids. And apparently I'm writing to you, but to a different you than the you that is mine . . . and I'm not supposed to tell my Kara about this, because that might ruin everything. On to the next paragraph.

After school ended, Kara persuaded me into a makeover. I like it well enough--it combines my quirkiness with my exotic background.

The day before it we went home, there was this amazing opportunity to travel to Moonlight Falls for a week or two. We split off from the rest of the group and went sightseeing all over the city together, ending up in the park.

It was there that she--sorry, you--asked if I wanted to get married. It was nothing fancy, no bended-knee proposal, but the moment was perfect.

We married that same day and moved into a house together in Moonlight Falls. Kara sent a postcard to her family, and we started a new life together.

All of this happened over fourteen years ago. Now, we live in a small mansion in the center of town, right next to City Hall and the park. Kara is a rock star, and I'm the psychic fortuneteller down at the gypsy wagon.

Through a very complicated process involving modern technology, the Watcher, and two weeks of confined spaces, our baby girl joined the family. Alexandra is now a beautiful teenager who inherited one mother's skin, and the other's love of hair dye. She's very smart and the top of her class.

Kara loves to tease that Alexandra inherited her charm. And the girl does have undeniable aptitude for the romantic side of life!

She and Gator were best friends as children, and he was unable to resist her as a teenager.

I wonder where she got the idea that making out in public is normal!

Her little brother, Teddy, is much more of an outdoorsman, though I expect he'll be quite the charmer once he's older. He's always up in his "spaceship" battling robots or playing with ray guns!

If Alexandra looks just like me, Teddy is all Kara.

So, um . . . Merry Christmas! I guess . . . I'll attach our Christmas card from last year, just in case.

Love, Bianca.

6192 Full Moon Avenue

Moonlight Falls

Dropping the letter, I think of the wall where I hung the pictures of Bianca. I can hear her voice in these words, and if I concentrate closely enough, perhaps I can see her face . . .

Something inside shifts and breaks, and pain slashes through me.

Thankfully, the labor is quick, and easy enough. My mind is too far removed from my body to pay any specific attention, with the thoughts of the other life . . . the children are so beautiful. They both look so much like Bianca and myself,  and I love them without even knowing them. Just as I love the little girl who is now in my arms.

I hadn't considered her name, but I know it now. Unusual, yes. But it's perfect for her.

Iris Bianca Elysi, the Fifth Generation.

Watcher Interlude

First of all, I just realized that someone might want Bianca or one of the kids. I'd be happy to put them in the Swap Shop, if anyone is interested.

Also, Nick's two daughters aged up.

Vickie is a Virtuoso, Artistic Workaholic. The blonde hair came from Serena, which is so exciting! So did those pretty blue eyes, and she's an altogether pretty girl.

Marisela is all Sandi, but I think she might have an Elysi nose and mouth. She also has excellent traits, which I can't recall, but one of them is Genius. She's also a beautiful young girl.

I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
Re: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - Bianca's Letter
« Reply #376 on: April 06, 2013, 08:01:00 PM »
Well, that was confusing. But nice.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
Re: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - 4/7
« Reply #377 on: April 07, 2013, 02:35:55 PM »
Chapter 51 - And the Hearts Flew

Once Iris was settled in her crib, I went off in search of Mum. Unsurprisingly, I found her and Dad in the kitchen.

I managed to tug Mum away and commenced an extremely abbreviated explanation of exactly what happened in university, the events surrounding my relationship with Miles--and, for the first time, I told her about Bianca. And how I loved her.

Without scolding me or rolling her eyes once, Mum gave me a quick hug and pulled out her phone. "Call your friend, Karebear. I'll take care of this."

My mum is beautiful, crazy, and determined. This is where we all see the family resemblance. Using her extreme social networking skills, she hacked into the national database, deleted the marriage record of myself and Miles, and replaced it with a record of best friendship. Next, she broke into Miles's phone and somehow convinced him that we had never been married or dated at all!

Kara Elysi and Miles Forthright met at University, and quickly became friends. Upon learning that Kara wanted to have a baby with her also female partner, Miles offered to donate the "other half" required to make the child, and moved in with Kara's family to help raise the baby. I don't know how Mum made all of this happen, but I guess that's why she's the parent, and I'm still a kid.

Miles easily accepts all of this. Our behavior towards each other has changed little--we were never very affectionate--except for the fact that he now sleeps in the guest bedroom. Even that isn't a huge change, since we had completely different sleeping cycles.

I'm encouraging him to move on--meeting new people and all. And I'm happy that he's happy with his new girlfriend, Bebe Hart.

Now that I'm not constantly envious, I can appreciate the relationship between my parents. I'm so happy that they're always happy together, and I hope Dad will live for a long time, even if it means Bianca can't live with me.

I can even watch Grandpa go off to his kids' house and look forward to Iris's birthday, and birthdays to come. Motherhood seems like an adventure, not an added burden. I want to teach Iris to walk, and tuck her in at night, and send her off to Prom . . . it's all just waiting to happen.

And then, one day, she was just here. It was incredibly surreal to see her in this most familiar of places, but also felt incredibly right.

Bianca came up into the house and looked at me, arms crossed. She obviously hadn't forgiven me for everything that had happened with Miles, and the wedding, and the baby.

"Look, I know you probably don't want to see me right now--"

For a moment, I was transported back to that evening by the lake, the best night of my life. And once again, I knew what was the right thing to do.

After the long, perfect kiss, I finally released her and stepped back, feeling ridiculously happy. I gazed at her with a hopeful little smile, and she stared back at me, speechless. My hope began to sink at her stunned expression.

Moments of silence passed, and I began to murmur an apology. Bianca grabbed my hands and pulled me forward into another kiss, a real kiss. And, once again, the world was a prism of rainbow light--I have got to stop being so rainbow, it is completely usurping my edginess! No--stoppit--teehee. Rainbow!

"But . . . what about your girlfriend?"

"I broke up with her before I came. What about your husband?"

"It's a long story. We're just friends." Now I was speechless, with my heart so filled with joy I was afraid I would explode. "Then, would you like to be my--"

She stopped me with a quick kiss, one hand closed around mine.

A kiss that turned into more kisses, and made me a little grateful that there was no one else at home to interrupt us.

Finally, with our arms still around each other, we separated and just looked at each other.

"I love you."

"Love you too, Kara."

And the hearts flew.

"We should do this sort of thing more often." I teased, then hesitated, not wanting to know the answer to the next question. "How long are you here?"

"A few weeks. But I can come back, whenever you want me to. And we'll always be together, for the rest of our lives and forever after that."

Hours had passed when we finally got out of bed and, laughing, held hands. Every time I see her, it feels like I fall more and more in love with her. And she feels the same way, which makes me love her even more.

Once again, I remembered the star-studded night after graduation, and dropped into a mock bow. "A dance, my lady?"

She giggled, caught my hand, and spun me around in answer. And I knew that I could no longer live without her, even if I couldn't live with her.

Love. It is everywhere, and in everything.

Love makes life a lot harder for some people--for everyone, really. But without it, life would not be worth living.

For many, there is only one true person who they can love with all their heart and soul. But anyone and everyone can love many people at once in a thousand different ways, and do so without being ripped apart in a thousand different directions. This is why everyone is constantly confused, despite themselves, but it's a nice kind of confusion. And it certainly makes life more interesting.

Watcher's Note:

Well, that got sappy pretty fast, didn't it? There's always the one chapter . . . anyway, I would like to thank you for 10,000 (I think) views! Thanks to everyone who reads and comments, and reads and does not comment.

Nicholas Children update:

Bradley has aged up into one cute little boy. I would think he had Nicky's hair, except there are no highlights, so . . . yeah. Don't know where that came from. In case you don't remember, he's Nick's third triplet with Sandi French. The family tree is kind of weird right now, with Kara not realizing she's related to Rosa, so fingers crossed that Iris doesn't recognize her relation to Nick's kids!

Tamsen Clemons had another set of twins, Corrie and Roscoe. What is with townie names? Anyway, they age up cute!

I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
Re: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - And the Hearts Flew
« Reply #378 on: April 07, 2013, 04:49:29 PM »
Yay for happy endings! This is much better for everyone :D I'm glad Miles has a nice girlfriend now. Not that Kara's not nice, I mean! Just glad they're both happy.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #379 on: April 07, 2013, 05:41:59 PM »

Aw, sometimes sappy is good! And that was some good sap in my opinion! Yay for Kara and Bianca, and I just love the shot of them dancing for some reason. Too much adorableness. It was fun to see Kara and Bianca's other life, with their two kids. Alexandra is just gorgeous! She's got some great eyes.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #380 on: April 07, 2013, 06:58:53 PM »
Yay for happy endings! This is much better for everyone :D I'm glad Miles has a nice girlfriend now. Not that Kara's not nice, I mean! Just glad they're both happy.

As fun as it is to write sad things (not really), there's nothing nicer than wrapping everything up nice and pretty. No worries, Kara won't be offended by your blatant insult  ;)

Aw, sometimes sappy is good! And that was some good sap in my opinion! Yay for Kara and Bianca, and I just love the shot of them dancing for some reason. Too much adorableness. It was fun to see Kara and Bianca's other life, with their two kids. Alexandra is just gorgeous! She's got some great eyes.

I pride myself on my sap  :) . They are an extremely cute couple, which one reason why I try so hard to make it work with them. Doesn't it feel horrible to cancel romantic wishes? Kara keeps popping wishes to Kiss Bianca, Woohoo with Bianca, Hug Bianca, Propose Marriage to Bianca . . . it's adorable, but I have too many big wishes queued up. As I said, I'd be happy to upload Alexandra or Bianca--I'm really happy with how Alexandra especially turned out. Her eyes are Bianca-shaped, but Kara-colored, which is a great combination!

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #381 on: April 07, 2013, 07:17:41 PM »
As fun as it is to write sad things (not really), there's nothing nicer than wrapping everything up nice and pretty. No worries, Kara won't be offended by your blatant insult  ;)

I pride myself on my sap  :) . They are an extremely cute couple, which one reason why I try so hard to make it work with them. Doesn't it feel horrible to cancel romantic wishes? Kara keeps popping wishes to Kiss Bianca, Woohoo with Bianca, Hug Bianca, Propose Marriage to Bianca . . . it's adorable, but I have too many big wishes queued up. As I said, I'd be happy to upload Alexandra or Bianca--I'm really happy with how Alexandra especially turned out. Her eyes are Bianca-shaped, but Kara-colored, which is a great combination!

I for one would be super happy to have Bianca and Alexandra^^

~Anna

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #382 on: April 07, 2013, 08:32:43 PM »
I for one would be super happy to have Bianca and Alexandra^^

~Anna

I just put Alexandra up for starters. Could you tell I was just dying to try uploading something to the Swap Shop  :) ?

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #383 on: April 07, 2013, 08:39:48 PM »
I just put Alexandra up for starters. Could you tell I was just dying to try uploading something to the Swap Shop  :) ?
Yep =P

I would totally probably upload some sims I have kicking around if I could actually get them out of my game. For whatever reason, I can't export human-shaped sims.
(Whenever you make posts do you have something checking spelling errors for you now?)

~Anna

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #384 on: April 08, 2013, 12:19:39 PM »
I had to pop in here and say how much I am enjoying reading about your Elysi's ^^  It is amazing!  Absolutely amazing!  You bring them to life to the point where I feel for each one, particularly Kara and Bianca with this last few updates.  So glad to see it resolved!

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #385 on: April 08, 2013, 12:29:08 PM »
I had to pop in here and say how much I am enjoying reading about your Elysi's ^^  It is amazing!  Absolutely amazing!  You bring them to life to the point where I feel for each one, particularly Kara and Bianca with this last few updates.  So glad to see it resolved!

Thank you so much! I love to know that people like my story, and the characters who evolve in that story. Bringing characters to life is the most difficult and enjoyable part of writing--and to me, notification of success is the best compliment you can give to a writer. Kara is the most troubled sim I've ever had, but I'm also happy to see it all work out in the end.

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #386 on: April 08, 2013, 12:36:18 PM »
I hope to attempt a dynasty one of these days, though it seems a bit daunting of a task XD

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #387 on: April 08, 2013, 12:40:18 PM »
I hope to attempt a dynasty one of these days, though it seems a bit daunting of a task XD

You should! It's difficult, frustrating, and at times you feel like banging your head on a wall, but it's the most fun I've ever had playing Sims.

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #388 on: April 08, 2013, 12:44:58 PM »
Yeah, I plan on it.  I'm thinking of using the family that I'm currently using for the story in my signature, depending on how it pans out.  Would you object terribly if I came to you for help if I need it?

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #389 on: April 08, 2013, 03:41:31 PM »
Yeah, I plan on it.  I'm thinking of using the family that I'm currently using for the story in my signature, depending on how it pans out.  Would you object terribly if I came to you for help if I need it?

Haha, I'm still a relative newbie when it comes to dynasties, but I'd be happy to help out!

Chapter 52 - Toddler and Elder

Mum and Rosa celebrated their birthdays together, in a joint party.

To tell you the truth, I envied Rosalia for how beautiful she looked in every single hairstyle she tried out. And she tried out every single available hair without once looking stupid or out of place. In the end, she stuck with her headband and boho style.

Mum was pretty happy with how she aged--of course she went all gray and wrinkly, but considering the last few outfits she aged up in, this is a definite improvement.

She says she feels pretty hot for an elder, and will only be showing her everyday outfit because she spent the next half hour making out with Dad instead of taking pictures of her wardrobe.

I may have taken pictures of her outfits, but I was a little busy at the time as well.

I did take a photograph of Bianca, which I hung on the wall next to my easel as inspiration. My girlfriend is my muse.

Iris is a quiet little princess in her kingdom. Everyone dotes on her, even Miles--after all, she is his biological daughter.

Iris Bianca celebrated her birthday the next day. We had a private little family celebration--just us, Miles, and Bianca.

While Grandma Serena (I'm getting tired of adding the "Great") tried to convince my daughter that her favorite color is brown, I.B. stubbornly insists that she loves white. It's too soon to tell for sure where anything came from--her hair might be from Mum, and Grandma Lolita before her, but it might also be Dad's. Her skin is lighter than Miles's, but perhaps darker than mine. Her blue eyes might be shared by three earlier immortals, but they might be from Miles.

Whatever the case, she's a very cute kid--I love the way her pretty eyes sparkle in the light.

Rosa has been helping me out a lot lately, with just about everything. She takes my paintings to the Consignment Store, puts Iris to bed if I'm painting, and empties out the potty chair. It's weird--once we were both young adults, I suddenly became conscious that Rosalia is my beset friend, and she's very beautiful and talented. Don't worry, I'm far too loyal to Bianca to make a move, but it's nice to think about.

It seems like Mum's life sped by, quicker than the lives of any other in my family. She's burned fast and bright, and is approaching the end of her journey, and the beginning of immortality. The next door has appeared in the room in the back, and we all know that, one day soon, Mum is going to walk through it and come back out as an Immortal.

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

anything