Author Topic: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - Orange Skies  (Read 422825 times)

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - My Boy
« Reply #525 on: April 22, 2013, 09:26:23 PM »
Excuse me, did somebody call for a flirtatious genie?

No Shawnya. Go away!

But seriously, I love Bubba! His and I.B.'s courtship is hilarious! And of course, fingers crossed for blue baby!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #526 on: April 22, 2013, 09:36:35 PM »
If Bubba misbehaves, we'll hook him up with Shawna for his punishment  :=)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Dextra2

• Ruler-of-All-She-Sees-And Has A Really Big Ego.
  • Immortal
  • You can call me Dex!
« Reply #527 on: April 22, 2013, 09:43:44 PM »
Blueeboo! ;D *crosses fingers* This one's to hoping!
If a cluttered desk is an indication of a clutter mind, what is indicated by an empty desk?
~~~
That one moment when you realize you've been stalking the same thread for ten minutes... And there no reason why because you're up to date on everything.
~~~
Crossing the Rubicon

The Dark Fae's Quest

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #528 on: April 22, 2013, 10:07:13 PM »
*squees*  That is awesome.  I love how you portray their relationship.  So much fun!  And yes, blueboo!!

Offline Hallucination

• Occult
  • Resident Legacy Addict
« Reply #529 on: April 22, 2013, 10:41:47 PM »
*Winces* Both of my parents lived in Wisconsin for most of their childhoods, and I was born there. Therefore "Bubba" is neither cute nor funny in my book. But regardless of the name, he seems like a fun guy and should help IB loosen up a little. Being logical and smart is fine, but being uptight is an entirely different thing.
I'm not pedantic! I just believe in precision of language.

Green Witch Legacy

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #530 on: April 23, 2013, 03:54:05 AM »
Yay! Okay, I liked the whole idea of the chatting and finding the guy at university, all Cinderella Story, but I like this even better. He is the perfect foil to her. She needs someone telling her to kiss him. I loved that entire chapter. Thanks for catering to my unreasonable demands and speeding up her Romantic Realisation. ;)

And yay for Rosa coming back to us. You didn't think I was going to forget to mention her, did you?
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline doxxielover

• Immortal
  • Hello everyone!
« Reply #531 on: April 23, 2013, 01:39:57 PM »
Yea for IB! They are adorable. What an unexpected turn !

Ok think if it : Freddie classic and Rosalie Elysi

Cute!!?!!
I love this forum and just want to say thank you to everyone! :) Have a great rest of your day!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline CaramelCat

• The Queen of Cats
  • Llama Wrangler
  • Meow
« Reply #532 on: April 23, 2013, 01:47:08 PM »
Aw!  Little I.B. is growing up into a lovely lady. Such an improvement over the harshness with which she treated Mario.

And it's good that Rosalia finally got her priorities straightened out :-)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #533 on: April 23, 2013, 03:56:54 PM »

Cute!!?!!

Oh my gosh yes. Make it happen now.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #534 on: April 23, 2013, 04:53:33 PM »
Excuse me, did somebody call for a flirtatious genie?

No Shawnya. Go away!

But seriously, I love Bubba! His and I.B.'s courtship is hilarious! And of course, fingers crossed for blue baby!

No, I would never resort to Shawnya . . . not even in the Elysi's darkest moments.

He and I.B. are really super fun to write!

If Bubba misbehaves, we'll hook him up with Shawna for his punishment  :=)

Okay, that is slightly genius. And she does live for a strangely long time, so he'll never escape!

Blueeboo! ;D *crosses fingers* This one's to hoping!

I'm kinda hoping that Gen 8 is the first blueboo, but if Gen 6 is a girl, then the combination of blueboo and what I already have planned for her will be extremely fun.

*squees*  That is awesome.  I love how you portray their relationship.  So much fun!  And yes, blueboo!!

It really is tons of fun! I'm having a great time writing and playing it.

*Winces* Both of my parents lived in Wisconsin for most of their childhoods, and I was born there. Therefore "Bubba" is neither cute nor funny in my book. But regardless of the name, he seems like a fun guy and should help IB loosen up a little. Being logical and smart is fine, but being uptight is an entirely different thing.

Being just a humble middle-schooler, I don't even know what bubba is! I'll have to google it at some point . . .

Yay! Okay, I liked the whole idea of the chatting and finding the guy at university, all Cinderella Story, but I like this even better. He is the perfect foil to her. She needs someone telling her to kiss him. I loved that entire chapter. Thanks for catering to my unreasonable demands and speeding up her Romantic Realisation. ;)

And yay for Rosa coming back to us. You didn't think I was going to forget to mention her, did you?

I hate that there's no more travel, but on the other hand Bubba is so much more fun! Mario never really had a personality, of sorts, but I think Bubba and IB are going to be giving Nick and Lolita a run for their money as favorite dynasty couple.

Cute!!?!!

Oh my gosh yes. Make it happen now.

That is absolutely and totally genius! I was planning to play through a wedding, but instead I'm going to load up Moonlight Falls and have another Freddie alternate universe.

Aw!  Little I.B. is growing up into a lovely lady. Such an improvement over the harshness with which she treated Mario.

And it's good that Rosalia finally got her priorities straightened out :-)

It's very sweet, really. I was just smiling the entire time I wrote that chapter. It was very fun.
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Hallucination

• Occult
  • Resident Legacy Addict
« Reply #535 on: April 23, 2013, 05:56:56 PM »
Being just a humble middle-schooler, I don't even know what bubba is! I'll have to google it at some point . . .

It's essentially the Midwestern nickname for a brother, usually an older one.
I'm not pedantic! I just believe in precision of language.

Green Witch Legacy

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
Re: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - 4/22
« Reply #536 on: April 23, 2013, 08:00:30 PM »
Chapter 66 - Rosetta's Guide to Dealing with a Flirty Husband

My dearest I.B.,

We've so much to catch up on, don't we?  Firstly, note the front of this postcard.  I am in Sunlit Tides!  It is warm and balmy here and there's always the hum of insects buzzing merrily around the island.  The sky is pink and blue and perfect and for the first time, I'm wondering if gloomy Moonlit Tides is for me … but of course, that's ridiculous.  What's a passing fancy in the face of years of careful planning?

I wanted to congratulate you on your Bubba!  Oh, don't mind my net-stalking.  He is just so handsome!  Is his hair red under that fabulous turban?  Does he have powers?  Oh how I adore the supernatural. 

Things have been quite hush-hush here while my Granny has been about her business - setting up my other grandparents in their own bungalow on this beautiful island.  If you want a tip-top secret, I've noticed Carlotta pedaling around the beach in a very familiar looking yellow night dress … wonder what THAT could mean! 

Nooboo aunts and uncles.  How droll. 

Now, I was never allowed to max writing, but now that our dynasty is over, I've given it a go.  Inside, you'll find a pamphlet called "Dealing with a Flirty Husband: A Guide."  You may need it!  Did you know that once Hiram propositioned Grim so that I could meet him!  He really was quite the handful.

I must confess, though I can't say it to anyone else, I'm a mess right now.  Sure, my skin has tightened and my hair no longer grows gray roots.  I'm fit and thin and my back is straight.  But somewhere on this island, my husband is confused, elderly, and waiting for me to rescue him, and I've no idea how it will go! 

Oh, I know it's silly to be worried.  Isn't it funny that you and I are the same age now?  Oh, but I'm babbling.  Put a ring on your blue gentleman as soon as you can.  Nothing like immortality will teach you how precious every day is.

All my love and support,

Your Rosetta

"Here, let's take a picture to send back," I told Bubba, and we paused dancing for a moment to smile into the smartphone's camera.

Dear Rosetta,

How perfectly lovely! I'd quite like to visit Sunlit Tides, although, according to Grandmother Serena, such a world is not available to us at this time. As for your predicament--if there's one thing I've learned from Bubba, it's that when one is conflicted, they should simply take both chocolate and vanilla ice cream and mix it together. That is, since you have all the time in the world, why not live in Sunlit Tides in spring and summer, and Moonlight Falls in winter and fall? Just don't try to swim in spring in Sunset Valley, which is one lesson I learned when Bubba dragged me down to the beach one evening. It was fun, but freezing! We had quite the water war.

Thank you! As a child, I did obsessively read your life story over and over, so I suppose I can't say anything about your watching over Bubba and myself! In fact, I feel quite honored that you take notice. Indeed, he is incredibly handsome--no red hair, but a pretty black I hope our child inherits. He has no powers left, but is so often speaking of his former abilities that I quite want to try out being a genie. The supernatural are very fascination indeed--I love interviewing fairies about the dimensions and capabilities of their wings, but there are no vampires or werewolves in our town.

At least Bubba has one supernatural power left--the art of great kissing.

Reading about your personal adventures in Sunlit Tides makes me more and more excited and nervous for the end of our own dynasty! Of course, such an event is quite far off, but it's never too early to begin planning. I've already told Bubba that I plan to have us become genies and move to Lunar Lakes. He responded with a bouquet of my favorite violets, thus distracting me.

Bubba and I will probably wait to get married for a while yet. We both need to concentrate on our careers, and I love Bubba but he doesn't seem like the type of guy to commit to a serious relationship, let alone marriage! I suppose we'll see how it all works out.

If you don't mind, I think us and our boys should get together at some point. It's strange that, as we ourselves are alike, so are Bubba and Hiram! We would all have a wonderful time, I think. After all, now is the opportune time with our similar ages! It's strange that all my life I've dreamed of being the same age as Rosetta Classic, and now the dream is come true! Thank you so much for the pamphlet, I'm going to have to read through it now!

Your friend and student,

Iris Bianca.

"Finished?" Bubba asked, sliding his arms around my waist and pulling me close.

"Uh-huh. Now, what did you want to ask me?"

"Well, I have been carrying the wish around for a couple days, so . . ." he dropped down onto one knee and pulled out a small velvet box. "Love, I am thousands of years old. I've met hundreds of pretty young women, kissed a vast majority of them too, but you made me your slave even as you freed me from my bonds. I've never felt this way before about any other person--I just want to be with you forever and ever.

Iris Bianca Elysi, will you marry me?
"

The ring fit perfectly on my finger, and I wanted to say something but could only cover my mouth with my hand and laugh with sheer happiness.

While Bubba went to get us tea from the barista to celebrate the engagement, with the clouds finally parting and sun pouring down on the beach, I opened up Rosetta's pamphlet.

Dealing With a Flirty Husband:  A Guide

Step 1: Release feelings of jealousy.  Realize that flirting is harmless and days are numbered.  After all, you are the one he committed to.

Okay. So maybe he flirted a little with the barista. It's not like we'll ever see him again, and we did get a discount on the drinks.

Step 2:  Express hurt if ever it occurs, but do try not to be over sensitive.

Step 3: Show him that you love him as often as you can.  Romance is life's most precious resource.  Even if you're not a hopeless romantic like me.  Often big flirts are the way they are out of a fear of being unloved.  You are the cure to that wound.

"Have I mentioned how proud I am of you for working so hard on that big speech? The entire time you were talking, everyone in the crowd was in complete awe. I just wanted to shout, 'That's my boyfriend!'"

Step 4: Buy a multitude of elegant but alluring lingerie.  Flirty men love being kept on their toes, and this way you are giving him variety without more than one woman.

"I think I'm ready to hit the--" His eyes popped right out of his head and rolled out onto the floor. "Does this mean you've changed your stance on Woohoo before marriage? Because if so, I would be more than happy to be a little tired tomorrow."

"Oh, no, we're still going to wait. By the way, I won't be here after work tomorrow--they just opened up a new lingerie department at Nordsim. 'Night, now," I said nonchalantly.

Mission Accomplished.

I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Bubba may not be a genie anymore, but he is still clearly quite happy to be her slave  :=)

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
Hook, line, aaaand sinker. :P

Iris and Bubba are adorable together. I can't wait to see their kid(s). :)

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
*Grim has to come for me due to suffocation from excessive squeeing*  Hm... wonder what color my ghost will be...  Anyway, that was awesome!  Absolutely love it when Rosetta contacts IB ^^  And the lingerie was just epic!

anything