Author Topic: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - Orange Skies  (Read 422570 times)

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
Re: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - 4/13
« Reply #435 on: April 14, 2013, 06:05:26 PM »
Chapter 58 - Feeling Quite Alone

Leisure Day dawned with pleasant temperatures and a light breeze, so Mother insisted that we all celebrate as a family, even though we usually just ignore holidays. We are a very busy family, after all! Despite the various activities awaiting our attention, the entire family was piled into a car and ferried down to the festival by ten o'clock.

Grandfather Nicholas immediately engaged in a hot dog eating contest against Tamsen and Donte Clemons. I think Donte is rather cute--but that is gross, because we're related. Don't ask me how, but he is my great-grandfather's son.

Grandmother and Grandfather suited up and played soccer the entire day. They had a wonderful time, even though Grandmother won every round. I'm afraid she is far more athletically inclined than her husband.

Grandmother Serena had her face painted by a clown-man in a clown-tent. It seems a little childish for a woman of her age, but she seemed quite "psyched."

As the day was becoming increasingly warm, Mother gave me money to buy this delicious ice cream cone. I enjoyed it immensely, so perhaps I should engage in more child-oriented activities.

Aunt Rosa, Mother, and Father entreated me to join their water balloon fight. It was most fun, although the other team did crush us.

Little did we know that, across the park, Grandfather was embarking on the next great adventure.

Grandmother was simply heartbroken. Grandfather had been barely 96 when he died, you see, and we had hoped to have him with us for a long, long time. It seems both sweet and sad that the last action he had queued up was to kiss his wife.

The saddest part, in my opinion, is that I wasn't there. My first inkling of something gone wrong came when I exited the clown-tent to see Aunt Rosalia and Mother speaking urgently.

I tried not to cry when Mother told me. Rosetta Classic had lost her grandfather, Ed Camillo, as a child--and despite her sadness, she had still pulled together and stayed strong. But then she is Rosetta Classic, and I'm just a little girl who's the fifth generation of an immortal dynasty.

I wish I had been born in autumn, like Rosetta, so I didn't have to go to school. The children at my school are quite mean, and they think I'm weird because I'm so smart. It would be very fun to be friends with child Rosetta Classic. We could play chess together, and compare our favorite stars--it would be very fun. But Rosetta is much smarter than I am, so she would need to be especially nice to me so I wouldn't feel bad. That would be easy for her, because she's so nice, and caring, and the smartest person in the entire Simverse. But I am getting off topic.

For the rest of the evening, we all went swimming in the ocean near our house. Mother and Aunt Rosa especially enjoyed the swim, and have actually formed their own club--but you'll hear more about that at some point.

The next morning, Aunt Rosa and Mother celebrated Mother's adult birthday in the park across from our house. They're very best friends, and the private birthday celebrations are a tradition. I think Mother looks just the same, but she put on make-up for the first time because of her "Mid-Life Crisis."

I celebrated my teenage birthday in a rather odd celebration. There's Elliot Batista laughing at my pigtails, Father mourning Grandfather, and Grandmother Serena hurrying off to work. I'm afraid my aging-up outfit made me feel entirely too close to my Mother in a way that was not entirely good.

I'm going for quirky, exotic nerd. My eyes are very pretty, but my lower lip is entirely too puffy! Rosetta Classic has a puffy lower lip, but it is simply gorgeous on her. Then again, everything is gorgeous on her. She is perfect!

My wardrobe was quite difficult. I prefer to keep my hair pulled back and neat, except for in the morning when it's a tangled mane of curls. As you can see, my swimwear is for deep-sea diving, and my everyday clothing for maximum comfy nerdiness. Fortunately, I can wear contacts for short spans of times, but they pain my eyes after a few hours.

I immediately began to tutor Donte Clemons--remember, from several screenshots ago? He's still quite handsome, but a bit too daredevil for my tastes--and still related to me.

Every other woman in the house is gaga over the University mascot, who dropped by one day to give me the University aptitude test. I was the only one with eyes for the aptitude test, which I aced! Aunt Rosa was the first to act upon her attraction.

They are now in a steady relationship.

Mother's girlfriend, Bianca, is quite a bit older than she is, but Mother doesn't care.

I'm still forming my opinion about Bianca. She's quite nice to me, but it's annoying when she visits and Mother suddenly has no time for me. I don't require much attention, being more of an introvert, but a nice hot chocolate chat now and then would be nice!

Everyone around the house is either in love or in mourning. Aunt Rosa is all over her boyfriend, Mother is constantly ripping up the photos she and Bianca take together in the photobooth, and Grandfather Nicholas practically lives at the Hatch house with Emma and their four children. Grandmother Serena just watches it all serenely, and sticks to her gardening. I sometimes feel quite alone.

I just hide in my laboratory with my potions. It would be very nice if teenage Rosetta Classic lived in Sunset Valley. She could help me find a cute, smart guy to flirt with (she knows who all the cute, smart guys are) and give me tips on potion making, and we could go through the haunted house together! We would both scream, then giggle and laugh until we were crying. Afterwards, we could buy funnel cake from the concession stand, or tea from the Roasted Toasted Coffee Shop, or go see the latest space documentary . . .

That's why I decided to become friends with my half-sister, Juana Hart. She's quite the rebel, and thinks school is a waste of time, but at least she allows me to tutor her if we go house-egging afterwards.

I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
Re: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - Feeling Quite Alone
« Reply #436 on: April 14, 2013, 06:15:00 PM »
I like I. B. Her hero-worship of Rosetta Classic is cute. I didn't forget the old immortals, I was focusing specifically on the parental situation. Although you are right, the grandparents would also affect her view on love and romance.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #437 on: April 14, 2013, 09:07:02 PM »

Hehe, maybe I.B. needs a friend like that to help her get into a little bit of trouble! Tutoring in exchange for teen pranks; it's an odd deal. Still, she seems so lonely, and getting to know the extended family is always good.

Offline KateBubbles

• Nooboo
« Reply #438 on: April 14, 2013, 09:23:55 PM »
Woah! I.B.'s eyes are awesome! I hope they get passed down. They're so big and blue. BEAUTIFUL! The teen years are always a nice time to find a partner, but I.B. needs someone to really complement her. I hope she finds the nice, intellectual boy she wants.

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #439 on: April 14, 2013, 09:44:20 PM »
Iris Bianca is a very striking sim, both in looks and personality. You do very well in describing her plight. Hopefully she can find someone else to relate to at some point (preferably of the male persuasion :P).

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #440 on: April 15, 2013, 11:15:24 AM »
LOL!  When I saw the outfit I.B. aged up in, I lol'ed, hard. XD  Luckily, there were no customers in the store hehe.  I really like I.B.  Her nerdy outfits are awesome, as are her eyes.  And every time she mentions Rosetta makes me squee.  Wonderful update ^^

Offline doxxielover

• Immortal
  • Hello everyone!
« Reply #441 on: April 15, 2013, 02:23:07 PM »
Aww your whole dynasty is just awesome. And the fact that you personally respond to all comments and stuff, that's nice :D. I wish my dynasty could be as good as yours. Also do you have a link to your classic dynasty. I hear its awesome and want to read it !  Well have a nice day and an awesome simming time !
I love this forum and just want to say thank you to everyone! :) Have a great rest of your day!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline doxxielover

• Immortal
  • Hello everyone!
« Reply #442 on: April 15, 2013, 02:26:51 PM »
Oh I found it. It's tilias. Sorry. :). I'm sure your past dynasty's as well as hers are epic :)
I love this forum and just want to say thank you to everyone! :) Have a great rest of your day!

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #443 on: April 15, 2013, 07:30:05 PM »
I like I. B. Her hero-worship of Rosetta Classic is cute. I didn't forget the old immortals, I was focusing specifically on the parental situation. Although you are right, the grandparents would also affect her view on love and romance.

I think she might be my favorite immortal yet (I say that about every heir, don't I?) though y'all probably don't know her well enough yet to feel the same way.

Hehe, maybe I.B. needs a friend like that to help her get into a little bit of trouble! Tutoring in exchange for teen pranks; it's an odd deal. Still, she seems so lonely, and getting to know the extended family is always good.

I feel bad because I still haven't figured out your method for marrying distant relatives, so all of her classmates are her family, but she can't date any of them--although there are a couple really cute ones! I thought Juana seemed like a nice friend for her--she's evil, a fairy, and can help fulfill the tutoring requirement.

Woah! I.B.'s eyes are awesome! I hope they get passed down. They're so big and blue. BEAUTIFUL! The teen years are always a nice time to find a partner, but I.B. needs someone to really complement her. I hope she finds the nice, intellectual boy she wants.

I think they're either the eyes passed all the way down from Serena, or Miles's rather icy eyes. But yes, they look fantastic on her! I've decided to wait out her teen years and find someone at University--she's probably going to need an "older man," anyway, because dynasty space is premium!

Iris Bianca is a very striking sim, both in looks and personality. You do very well in describing her plight. Hopefully she can find someone else to relate to at some point (preferably of the male persuasion :P).

Haha, if only I could put a male Rosetta Classic into Sunset Valley! That would fix all our problems, I'm sure. Ah, well, I haven't even worked out her romantic life yet, so . . . we'll just have to see.

LOL!  When I saw the outfit I.B. aged up in, I lol'ed, hard. XD  Luckily, there were no customers in the store hehe.  I really like I.B.  Her nerdy outfits are awesome, as are her eyes.  And every time she mentions Rosetta makes me squee.  Wonderful update ^^

Thanks! I tried hard on her outfits, since I've been dying to play a nerdy girl sim forever, and I.B. was the perfect subject! You're going to be squeeing a whole lot, because she never fails to mention her hero.

Aww your whole dynasty is just awesome. And the fact that you personally respond to all comments and stuff, that's nice :D. I wish my dynasty could be as good as yours. Also do you have a link to your classic dynasty. I hear its awesome and want to read it !  Well have a nice day and an awesome simming time !
Oh I found it. It's tilias. Sorry. :). I'm sure your past dynasty's as well as hers are epic :)

Thank you so much! I got the "responding to comments" idea from reading other people's stories, so, I can't claim any credit for that. I sometimes cringe when reading back to the first few pages of this dynasty, let alone my earlier dynasties--and trust me, it's never as bad as you think! Tilia's Classic Dynasty is truly incredible, and I completely recommend reading it.
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
Re: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - 4/14
« Reply #444 on: April 15, 2013, 08:11:02 PM »
Chapter 59 - Changes--Mostly Bad

On Spooky Day (or All Hallow's Eve, as is the true name of this holiday) I was persuaded by my mother to dress up as a cowgirl. I have never been and never want to be a cowgirl, and fail to see the value of dressing up as a cowgirl, but there you have it.

Mother then drove me around town, and I requested candy from strangers. Naturally, the odds of being accosted while going door-to-door are quite frighteningly high, so I decided to take candy only from distant family members. My first stop was Vickie French, my great-grandfather's daughter.

After some time, I tired of candy and "hung out" at Juana's house for the rest of the evening. Her family is part of a Jacoban church that doesn't allow modern holidays like Spooky Day. I gave her 1/2 of my candy as compensation.

All in all, the night was quite fun, so I decided to try out a few other "teenage" activities. Such as sliding down the banister of the stairs, with mixed results.

Our school's prom took place the next night. I invited no one, since there are no boys not-related to me in our school and--as much as I respect my mother's "way of life"--I have no romantic attraction to members of my gender.

I now wish I had remained at home and watched the last season of Doctor Who instead of attending this event. First, some mean girl threw punch on Juana, so I threw a real punch at her face, and it turned into quite the ruckus. Once that ended, Juana asked me to help her with her makeup in the ladies' room, but when I turned on the sink to wash the makeup stains off my hands it sprayed water all over me! The last straw was that a really cute boy from another school came to the dance, and laughed at me when I asked him if he had heard of Rosetta Classic!

At least my assorted family banded together to elect me Prom Queen. I suspect this is more of a joke than anything else, because they know full well that I find Prom Queen to be a stupid and sexist title meant to judge girls by their beauty, not intellect. I took the crown anyway, as compensation for the immeasurable hurt dealt to me at the dance.

By the time I arrived home, having left the dance early and walked back without waiting for Juana's mother to pick us up, Grandfather Nicholas and Father were in a huge fight! I received the details from Grandmother later, who had heard a few shouted comments about "she's my daughter too" and "like you've ever acted like her father," followed up by "I'd be a better parent than Kara, that--(names omitted for sake of decency)." At this point, Grandfather Nicholas felt it necessary to teach Miles, who I have stopped calling Father so he doesn't get any ideas, a lesson.

I tiptoed past the conflict, and instead defeated my first challenger in the Sunset Valley chess tournament, Emma Hatch. She was pregnant at the time, and a puddle of water trailed her path to the chess room, but I hoped to just make it through the game before she "popped."

Alas, it was not to be so. She broke just as I took her queen and began screaming several uncouth terms while clutching her stomach. I remained calm and called Grandfather Nicholas to drive her to the hospital.

Have I mentioned that Mother and Aunt Rosa have recently become obsessed with reading? They even started their own book club, called the Polar Bear Book Club. Unsurprisingly, they were the only ones left reading after a while--everyone else had frozen.

Thus, the Polar Bear Book Club became the Coffee Shop Book Club, and membership skyrocketed. They meet every other Thursday to read and drink tea, followed up by a discussion and gossip.

Aunt Rosalia aged up at one of these book clubs, and decided on a completely new look to go with her job. Apparently she got this huge part in a major motion picture and is playing an alien spy-diva who seduces and attempts to assassinate the protagonist, then falls in love with him and sacrifices her life for him, at which point he commits suicide for love of her and they end up together in the afterlife. Quite cheesy, in my opinion.

For curiosity's sake, I'll show you the costume she wears in the big movie. Quite hardcore, but also very cheesy, as aforementioned. I miss her boho days, personally--when she pranced around with flowers in her hair and sprouting up in her wake.

Speaking of Aunt Rosa (again--have you noticed that Rosa and Rosetta are quite similar?) she and Mother have been spending lots of time together. They have been best friends since they were very young children, after all, but it seems like they drifted apart recently, only to come back together now. They go swimming together every morning, whatever the temperature.

In the evenings, they spend time either in book club, the coffee shop, or the diner. They always invite me to come, but I'm very busy with logic challenges, despite sometimes wanting to accompany them quite badly. I'll have fun in my young adult years, but being a teenager is all about hard work!

At the time of the earlier picture, I was busy playing chess with Miles. We could have gotten through the game very quickly, but he kept stalling! "Are you sure you can move that pawn there, it doesn't look quite right. Do you think we should be spending more time together? Is your mom telling you not to treat me as your father?"

After several hours of such rambling, I finally broke. "I don't see you as a father because you have always been more of a housemate than a father, and it's not like you're married to Mother, and you barely had a hand in artificially impregnating her, and thus creating me, at all. Now can you please shut up and finish the chess game so I can get to the next opponent!"

Any normal pixelated person would have taken the extremely broad hint and lost the chess game before going to their own room. However, Miles chose to complain that he was too tired to continue, but instead of going to bed he followed me up to my room and sat in the rocking chair complaining about how tired and hungry he was, and how living here ruined his life!

At that moment, I truly wanted him to die. He was already over 100, and Grandfather had only been 94! Why couldn't Grim have taken this useless idiot instead? I closed my eyes and pretended to go to sleep, sending a silent message to Grim all the while--"Please, please take him away and let things to back to the way they should be."

After a few hours, I gave up and snuck down to the kitchen, where I made myself a few pots of coffee and sat up with the eleventh doctor. At that moment, Grim chose to act.

And so did Mother.

At the knowledge that Miles had finally died, she asked Bianca to move in--or began to, anyway. But Bianca ran off to "her new job!" Mother searched frantically, all over town, at every venue that needed a proprietor. All day, all night, with no success.

Twelve hours later, she decided to make one last, futile attempt to locate the new proprietor in town. This is something I never thought my mother would attempt, and these photographs are definitely going on the Simnet!

But in the end, it all paid off. She found Bianca, and invited her back over to our house to ask her to please, please, please move in.

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Dextra2

• Ruler-of-All-She-Sees-And Has A Really Big Ego.
  • Immortal
  • You can call me Dex!
Re: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - Changes--Mostly Bad
« Reply #445 on: April 15, 2013, 08:58:48 PM »
Yay! Bianca the First will move in! ;D
If a cluttered desk is an indication of a clutter mind, what is indicated by an empty desk?
~~~
That one moment when you realize you've been stalking the same thread for ten minutes... And there no reason why because you're up to date on everything.
~~~
Crossing the Rubicon

The Dark Fae's Quest

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #446 on: April 15, 2013, 09:02:00 PM »
I feel bad because I still haven't figured out your method for marrying distant relatives, so all of her classmates are her family, but she can't date any of them--although there are a couple really cute ones!

The best I can figure out is that it needs to be "twice removed." The short answer: a spare, like an extra sibling (not an immortal or their spouse), must have the children. Once you marry one of the spare's children, all other children by that spare are ineligible, no matter how many generations later (because they are then great-great-etc-uncle/aunts--which is why Lilith couldn't mate with Lester, and Rhoxi neither so I used a fresh out of CAS copy of him instead). You can however, move in one of the spare's children to have their own children to produce a second potential spouse. Whew that was long!

Oh, don't forget you can always clone drone someone who's too closely related to marry naturally (even if it is kinda creepy!)

Yay for Bianca (possibly) moving into the dynasty home. Although that does make me worry about household space. Still, Bianca is old and I.B. is still a teen, but you never know. It's sad that I.B. and her dad never really made amends, and that the last thing she said to him was mean. Poor Miles!

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #447 on: April 16, 2013, 12:11:38 AM »
Yay!  Bianca gets to move in!  Is it bad that I actually cheered when Miles died?  I think I might be a bad person XD

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #448 on: April 16, 2013, 11:33:37 AM »
Yay! Bianca the First will move in! ;D

I was also very excited. Kara did a very excited jig AND became a singer in order to find Bianca, which I think is the greatest sacrifice of us all.

The best I can figure out is that it needs to be "twice removed." The short answer: a spare, like an extra sibling (not an immortal or their spouse), must have the children. Once you marry one of the spare's children, all other children by that spare are ineligible, no matter how many generations later (because they are then great-great-etc-uncle/aunts--which is why Lilith couldn't mate with Lester, and Rhoxi neither so I used a fresh out of CAS copy of him instead). You can however, move in one of the spare's children to have their own children to produce a second potential spouse. Whew that was long!

Oh, don't forget you can always clone drone someone who's too closely related to marry naturally (even if it is kinda creepy!)

Yay for Bianca (possibly) moving into the dynasty home. Although that does make me worry about household space. Still, Bianca is old and I.B. is still a teen, but you never know. It's sad that I.B. and her dad never really made amends, and that the last thing she said to him was mean. Poor Miles!

I suppose it's too late for me to do that now, since space in the household is worth more than gold by the 5th generation . . . and I am definitely considering clone drone, because there are some seriously cute Clemons boys running around!

Bianca was already 82 when she moved in, and my sims usually die of pretty early, so I'm not really worried. There's still space for a spouse to be moved in, and I was planning to wait for I.B. to have a baby. She did have a rocky relationship with her father, and I think all the anger towards him is really guilt at not really knowing him when she had the chance. Maybe that's just me  ;)

Yay!  Bianca gets to move in!  Is it bad that I actually cheered when Miles died?  I think I might be a bad person XD

Not at all, I did the same thing! During his life, he reached Level 10 logic by doing nothing but reading skill books, then read the same 3 medical books over and over because I didn't want to do anything with him. Poor little guy.

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #449 on: April 16, 2013, 01:09:34 PM »
I can really see why he feels moving ruined his life. In spite of myself, I really feel bad for him. I am glad he got out of the way, though.

I think I.B. obsession with Rosetta is taking over her brain--she called Rosalia Rosetta twice. I am asserting my right to have my namesake named properly! :P

As always, I.B.'s take on such things as Prom and Spooky Day is thought-provoking and humorous.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04