Author Topic: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - Orange Skies  (Read 422602 times)

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
Re: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - Elysi Halfway Point Poll
« Reply #510 on: April 21, 2013, 07:45:22 PM »
Enjoy your plant watering  :=)

Oh, I will . . .

I've just been reading through all the replies, and have been laughing a lot! I'm so glad Lolita was picked as favorite spouse, because I really love her and feel (somehow) that I didn't really do her justice. And yes, Serena and Bree are both epic partiers--it skips a generation sometimes. My favorite helper is probably Rosalia, because she's a plantsim and is gorgeous. I loved all the weddings, and my favorite couple was probably Nick and Lolita. They were just so sweet together and kept popping wishes every day from young adulthood until the day Lolita died. Everyone else is a close second! I can't really choose a favorite moment, but I love weddings and teenage years, for some reason. I hate it when people die, too--mainly when spouses die.

Again, thank you so much for being such wonderful readers!
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline doxxielover

• Immortal
  • Hello everyone!
Re: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - Elysi Halfway Point Poll
« Reply #511 on: April 21, 2013, 07:53:15 PM »
Did I go alittle overbroad with the smiley faces?

:) :D ;D

I love this forum and just want to say thank you to everyone! :) Have a great rest of your day!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
Re: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - 4/21
« Reply #512 on: April 22, 2013, 04:16:02 PM »
Chapter 64 - Shutting Up the Genie

Regrettably, I was not permitted to go to University despite my academic excellence. However, I did begin work at the local hospital immediately, and received my own room connected to my laboratory behind the house! The walls are quite bare at the moment, because I'm going to have them filled with pictures.

Taking my cue from Rosetta Classic, I began my supermax of logic by summoning a genie with the assistance of Grandmother Serena.

The genie was blue and dressed in traditional arabic attire, but there the expected stopped, and the unusual began. "Bubba Foley at your service, m'lady. I will grant any three wishes, beginning with 'I wish to kiss Bubba' and ending with 'I wish to marry Bubba and have seven little genie babies.'"

"Quite unlikely," I answered. "Perhaps I shall free you once I have tutored you for 30 hours, but otherwise our relationship shall be purely business. Now, let's--"

"Hang on a sec, I need a picture to look at in the lamp," Bubba explained, pulling out his smartphone. "Now, I'm going for either flirty student or beautiful doctor, so you might want to think about how you want to pose."

After several minutes of wrestling over the smartphone, I began my tutoring, but Bubba refused to remain professional. "After this is all done, do you want to get married?"

"Once I have completed your tutoring, you will be smart enough to realize that such thoughts are highly illogical."

Once the genie was safely returned to his lamp, I walked inside to speak with Mother, and found her . . . otherwise occupied. I know that my family doesn't mind if I wait a while before marrying, or entering any sort of romantic relationship, but they're worried that I seem to have no inclination towards the romantic. I suppose that's what separates me the most from my family.

" . . . and remember, once you're free, you will be expected to bathe regularly."

"I think I'd be okay with that--if you could help me out."

"Just my luck to get stuck with the only flirty genie in the world."

"I agree, you seem to be a very lucky girl. Just another one of your many charms."

It's true, the genie was quite ridiculous. He did nothing but try to flirt during all of our tutoring sessions, and whenever I tried to get some serious work in he flashed back into his lamp! I could have asked Grandmother Serena for another lamp, and a female genie, but I found myself enjoying his company. He might be flippant and flirty, but he was also funny and charming and smart, in his own way. And now I found myself thinking about him when he wasn't with me, with a little smile on my face.

I even began to let Bubba stay out of his lamp after our sessions and letting him roam the house with me or by himself. Mother put a stop to that soon enough, after his party animal trait kicked in and he started dancing in her room.

As the days passed, I spent more and more time with him outside the laboratory--even if only a few feet away. Every time I let him out of the lamp he overwhelmed me with all the research he had done on our romantic compatibility--Bubba even looked up my star sign and compared it to his own!

Until finally, one day, I decided to shut him up.

I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Re: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - Shutting up the Genie
« Reply #513 on: April 22, 2013, 04:26:47 PM »
Flirty genie and nerdy genius.  Somehow, that works   :=)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #514 on: April 22, 2013, 05:04:18 PM »
I love it. Hahaha she has succumbed at last. Brilliant.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #515 on: April 22, 2013, 05:31:39 PM »
That. Is. Freakin'. FANTASTIC!  Lol, totally didn't see it coming but it's just so much fun!

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #516 on: April 22, 2013, 05:37:19 PM »
A genie named Bubba. That is just awesome on so many levels.

Good way to shut him up, too. :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KateBubbles

• Nooboo
« Reply #517 on: April 22, 2013, 06:44:44 PM »
Aww, I love him already! He's perfect for a beaut like I.B. And what a great ending. c: You go I.B.!

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #518 on: April 22, 2013, 06:55:29 PM »
Now that I think of it, he very appropriately reminds me of Hiram Classic. Intentional?
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #519 on: April 22, 2013, 06:57:01 PM »
I'm cheering for a blueboo now. ;D
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline doxxielover

• Immortal
  • Hello everyone!
« Reply #520 on: April 22, 2013, 06:58:24 PM »
The question is how did he react to that-heat of the moment -kiss?
I love this forum and just want to say thank you to everyone! :) Have a great rest of your day!

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #521 on: April 22, 2013, 07:54:23 PM »
Flirty genie and nerdy genius.  Somehow, that works   :=)

As a wise watcher once said--Opposites attract.

I love it. Hahaha she has succumbed at last. Brilliant.

I remembered someone's opinion from the last IB relationship and decided to have her jump in quickly  ;)

That. Is. Freakin'. FANTASTIC!  Lol, totally didn't see it coming but it's just so much fun!

I didn't either! It was totally based off of her attraction and wishes, even though I was planning to have her wait a while before having romance.

A genie named Bubba. That is just awesome on so many levels.

Good way to shut him up, too. :D

Genie names always make me laugh. Oh, and one word: Shrimp.

Aww, I love him already! He's perfect for a beaut like I.B. And what a great ending. c: You go I.B.!

He is quickly becoming one of my favorite characters to write, considering I haven't had a flirty sim in this dynasty for--ever. They're difficult, but loads of fun!

Now that I think of it, he very appropriately reminds me of Hiram Classic. Intentional?

Not so much. I just wrote what seemed to fit his personality, then later realized that he's a lot like Hiram. Rosetta is IB's role model, after all!

I'm cheering for a blueboo now. ;D

Same. Especially considering what I may or may not have planned for the next nooboo . . .

The question is how did he react to that-heat of the moment -kiss?

Since I don't want to do my homework, you'll find out today!

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

JessieJJJ

« Reply #522 on: April 22, 2013, 08:03:29 PM »
Bubba is flirty, so hopefully he doesn't act like Shwana in Rhoxi's dynasty!

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #523 on: April 22, 2013, 08:15:28 PM »
I love flirty sims!  I can count errm, six in my dynasty!  Six!  Also, my genies always have wonderful exotic-sounding names like Ahmed or Danica.  Never had a Bubba.  That's hilarious.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
Re: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - 4/21
« Reply #524 on: April 22, 2013, 08:38:22 PM »
Chapter 65 - My Boy

Instead of pulling away like I expected, Bubba pulled me into another, deeper kiss that lasted for hours, until I could barely breathe but didn't want to let go to inhale oxygen. Who needs oxygen, anyway?

Finally, our hands still holding, we separated and swayed from side to side, both a little dizzy. And I suddenly realized that he was a genie, bound to his lamp, and against dynasty rules.

"I would like to make my first wish now," I announced, still a little shaky. "I wish to free the genie Bubba Foley."

Violet light surrounded Bubba as he rose into the air, propelled by a cloud of mist. "In order to free the genie," he intoned, "you must perform a series of tasks. First, put the lamp through the most extremes of cold and heat, then--"

"Wait a moment," I interrupted, "can't I just throw a Potent Cure elixir at you?"

"Sure if you don't want to do things the fun way! Now, as I was saying--"

Rolling my eyes, I picked the Potent Cure elixir out of my inventory and tossed it as Bubba. As the glass broke at his feet, a blue glow surrounded him, encasing him entirely . . .

The cloud disappeared and I stepped forward. "Bubba Foley, would you like to move in with me, or should I find more appropriate lodgings for you--such as a zoo or circus?"

He pretended to think thoughtfully. "Okay, if you insist, I'll move in with you--but first I'm changing out of these clothes. Might you show me to your bedroom so I can use your dresser? No worries, I won't try anything while we're in there."

Bubba traded in his turban for an orange baseball cap, which he then pounded until it completely lost shape and set jauntily on his head. I honestly don't know why he didn't just wear it forward, like most people, but he does have lovely blue eyes.

In my opinion, he dresses like a wannabe rockstar or rapper, but on the other hand he picked out the formal with a bowtie just for me! Why must he be so constantly confusing?

I was sitting in my laboratory, completely absorbed in my chess set, when an exaggerated cough alerted me to Bubba's emergence. "Can I help you with something?"

Taking my hand, he dragged me out of my seat and said, "The spring festival just came to the park, and I've never been, so you're taking me."

"No, I still have three logic challenges to complete, and you only let me tutor you for five hours--"

"C'mon, babe, it'll be fun! Live a little!"

"Okay, on one condition. You are never calling me 'babe' again, because it is a completely useless and hackneyed term that is derivative of . . . okay, let's go."

Once at the park, we sat on one of the benches and just talked for a while. Bubba told me all about how his wish used to be to have a bottomless nectar cellar but, since our cache of nectar easily fulfilled that, he plans to go into politics. I think he would make a great leader--easygoing and fun enough to manipulate his subordinates, but not at all corrupt.

"Anyway, being just an ancient and humble genie--"

"Ancient and humble are two words that come to mind," I muttered loudly.

"--I'm not exactly up to speed on modern courtship. However, I believe that the current trend is for one person to put his arm around the other, so . . ."

Almost shyly, he slid his arm up around my shoulders, and the other rested on my hand. "I probably should have asked this earlier, but are you single and, regardless of your marital state, would you like to kiss now?"

"You're asking if I'm married and want to cheat on my husband with you?" I asked skeptically. His eyes twinkled as he shrugged. "If you must know, I don't have a boyfriend, but we already kissed earlier and I don't see the point of kissing more now."

"But it's fun--and anyway, kissing is a normal part of a romantic relationship. Why don't we compromise: we'll kiss once, and if you want to continue, we will. Cool?"

I thought about it for a moment and nodded, then we slid closer together . . .

And we continued to kiss for several hours, ignoring the festival workers packing up and leaving, until I yanked him towards me so hard that we both fell sideways on the bench and collapsed into fits of laughter, and I felt like I was glowing.

We did waylay the greeting card tent for a picture, although the cameraman told us to "Keep it PG for the camera." That was slightly disappointing.

Once he finally drove us away from the park, we held hands and walked across the road to the diner for a late dinner. Fortunately Grandmother Serena wasn't at work at the time, so we were able to "hang out" in the courtyard for some time, talking and laughing . . . and doing our fair share of kissing. Bubba was right--it is fun!

Bubba asked if I would like to be his girl, to which I responded that he would also have to be my boy, and we kissed again to seal the deal before heading home.

The next morning, Aunt Rosalia quit her job at the movie studio because she didn't want to be in another movie filled with drama and Woohoo.

In that moment, the diva of the past few years disappeared, and my fun-loving, flower, boho, silly, beautiful, rainbow plantsim aunt returned for good, and registered as a self-employed writer at City Hall.

Elysi Immortal Dynasty