Author Topic: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - Orange Skies  (Read 422922 times)

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
Re: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - 4/2
« Reply #360 on: April 02, 2013, 06:14:03 PM »
Chapter 47 - The Only Person in the World

I drove to Senior Lake before the sun had set, and waited . . . and waited . . . and waited . . . it was past midnight, and I was losing hope, when a familiar figure finally appeared.

"Bianca? You came! I, um . . . I got you flowers."

"Kara," she answered gently, taking my hands in hers, "you know this isn't going to work out unless you tell Miles about us. If you could break up with him for me, then we could be together. I don't want to be the girl you cheat on your boyfriend with."

"I want to, truly I want to. Nothing would make me happier than to be your girlfriend. I want us to be dating, then married, and I want us to have kids together . . . it's just not possible. Between my family and my boyfriend, it won't happen."

She stiffened, with anger and hurt clear on her face and turned to leave. "Then I don't know what I'm even doing here! I'll just be going now, if that's okay with you and your--"

In that moment, I knew what I had to do. What I wanted to do for the rest of my potentially immortal life. And for once, what I did was right and perfect and beautiful.

They knew, when I went in to class. The article was everywhere, and there was a blurry picture of a neon-green girl and green-gray girl kissing by the lake. I could hear the whispers, and everyone was staring at me, but I hardly even cared.

He knew, too. He confronted me after class and asked if it was true. And I lied, again. "I wasn't cheating on you--the picture was faked, obviously! Who's Bianca Frink, anyway? Oh, that girl? I barely know her! Maybe she pretended we were having a thing for publicity? At any rate, you're smart and sweet enough to trust your own girlfriend, right?"

Even my naive boyfriend wasn't completely convinced. It was fine, though. That night, I went to another party and thoroughly reassured Miles that I loved him, only.

The next morning was graduation, and I basically stood outside the stadium and waited with a guilty conscience. The universe is against me.

I played guitar all alone for hours, feeling like the only person in the world. I wish I was the only person in the world--I wish Bianca and I were the only people in the world. Then, everything would be perfect and Miles wouldn't be hurt and my family wouldn't be surprised. There wouldn't be people to point at me or paparazzi to shout questions or passerby to snap pictures on their cell phones.

I was the first one in line to receive the diploma. Of course there were whispers, and whistles, and laughter, but I kept my head held high. Who cares what these idiots think, anyway? They're going to die someday, and I won't.

The night before, I had dreamt of the day of my graduation. Literally. In one dream, Miles met me outside the stadium, with us both in our robes, and we stood together and talked quietly and kissed, enfolded in each other's arms until the truck came to drive me home.

In another dream, more of a nightmare, I searched for Bianca. I left the ceremony and looked everywhere, just wanting to see her one last time. I checked the library, where she spends much of her time.

I knew, desperately, that I had to find her before it was too late. But the robes weighed me down, entangling my legs and feet as I sprinted through the night. I staggered through the door to find Bianca . . . dead. Dried up from the inside, out.

The dream ended strangely, with me flirting with a pretty blonde named Sheryl who reminded me of the Sheryl from home, but much prettier. She was sweet, and friendly, but flirting with her made me feel sick in the pit of my stomach.

Worry not, for the real thing was much nicer. Remembering the awful nightmare, I avoided Miles after the ceremony and instead tracked Bianca down. She agreed to one last date almost before the words had left my mouth.

We drove to the park, the park where we had gone for our first-ever date that seems so long ago.

Somehow, I had remembered to bring my portable stereo, and set it up on the grass with the music playing softly. We danced together, hands held tightly, and I could see Bianca's beautiful dark eyes glimmering with a coating of tears.

Or perhaps it was only my own reflected crying that I could see.

Towards the end, I tried to be happy for her sake. I laughed, and twirled, and kissed her again, but we both knew it was all fake. I was going home in an hour, and Miles would visit Sunset Valley the next day to meet my family, all of whom expected a proposal and wedding soon after. I hadn't even told anyone at home about Bianca . . . how could I expect them to understand?

I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - The Only Person in the World
« Reply #361 on: April 02, 2013, 08:46:48 PM »

Well, I'm glad that Kara got to graduation early so she could make sure to grab that extra trait slot! I wish I'd known about that first time around, haha! Anyway, I look forward to seeing what she decides to do when she gets home. The Elysi family strikes me as the supportive type, though. Grandma Serena would sit her down for icecream and cookies, and Nick, well--he married a ghost, so what can he say?  :P

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
Re: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - The Only Person in the World
« Reply #362 on: April 02, 2013, 11:00:21 PM »
Well, I'm glad that Kara got to graduation early so she could make sure to grab that extra trait slot! I wish I'd known about that first time around, haha! Anyway, I look forward to seeing what she decides to do when she gets home. The Elysi family strikes me as the supportive type, though. Grandma Serena would sit her down for icecream and cookies, and Nick, well--he married a ghost, so what can he say?  :P

I always just have my sims buy a soda and hang around the stadium until the ceremony starts . . . sometimes vending machines are a beautiful thing  :'( . Don't worry, the drama doesn't let up much at home! I don't know what it is about Kara that does this--she's just such a drama-creating sim!
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
Re: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - 4/2
« Reply #363 on: April 03, 2013, 07:25:44 PM »
Chapter 48 - Let's Talk About Love

Not much had changed when I arrived home from school. All the adults have been very busy playing with Grandpa's kids. Mum's here teaching the artistic and virtuoso Vickie about the potential of a future in theater.

When Grandpa himself isn't busy with the kids, he's hanging out with his new girlfriend, Tamsen. She's nice, but not exactly my type.

It's good to know that I'm not the only person in the world with love conflicts. Grandpa is the perfect example of this. He was able to move on, but I know that in the back of his head he sees Lolita every time he looks at Tamsen.

Mum and Dad as are . . . themselves, as ever. Do you know how depressing it is to come home from a love triangle of confusion, and to still be completely conflicted, only to find your parents making out in the kitchen? Not. Cool.

I hate how perfectly happy they are, and the little smiles on their faces after they leave the bathroom, or bedroom, or tent, or igloo . . . I don't know if I can ever have that easy sort of relationship, where the feeling is mutual and there are no complications.

Before Miles arrived, I built and decorated my new bedroom with the private art studio. The finishing touches were the hardest, but I felt a weight lift from my shoulders as I looked at the pictures on my wall.

On the morning that his plane came in, I stole an envelope from Dad's office and scribbled furiously, listening for the opening door.

Dear Bianca,
  I just wanted to let you know that, despite everything, I love you. And I want to be with you. Every time I close my eyes, I can see our future together. It's all just really complicated, and I'm probably going to get married and have a kid without you--but that came out wrong. I truly hope you're happy, and I try not to be jealous, picturing you with someone who actually deserves you.
  Love forever,
  Kara.

The gate's buzzer sounded at precisely 9:02 A.M. I dropped the envelope in the mailbox and hurried out to welcome my boyfriend to Sunset Valley.

I still think he's very handsome, but that doesn't appeal to me very much. If anything, he's too perfect--I would get bored waking up to that face every day. My favorite feature is his bright blue eyes, but then the blue reminds me of Bianca, and I excuse myself to use the bathroom for a few minutes. It's hard to tell, since Miles insists on a buzz cut, but his hair is actually auburn.

He was more than a little surprised when I suggested driving out to the graveyard. I love graveyards--all of that art and history and beauty all bound up in one. For a while, we stood and talked, ankle-deep in snow. My feet were freezing, but I was busy studying his face, seeing if I really did feel anything for him.

It was easier than I had expected, proposing. I felt like I was watching a movie of another girl, not actually going through the motions. Miles was excited, which helped take the edge off of it. I felt very, very cold--that was probably just the snow.

I became the second bride in the family to throw a bachelorette party, although mine was considerably low-key. Just me, a couple guy friends, and drinks.

I did get up and dance on a table, but only until the party drinks wore off and I was sober enough to spray everyone else with nectar.

A few party dancers showed up, which was weird, considering everyone else at the party was a guy. For some reason they were dressed as firefighters, which I find both cliche and disgusting. I would have preferred policemen.

One of the party dancers, Brad Bond, was very . . . interesting. We ditched the party, drove up to Stony Falls, and engaged in certain adult activities. An auspicious start to marriage, isn't it?

I had an awful headache on the day of the wedding, and a nagging sense of guilt that wasn't helped by calling Bianca. "Hello? This is Kara--oh, you're at a party. With your girlfriend. That's . . . that's fine, I just wanted to know if you were having a good time. I'm, um, it's my wedding day. I hope you're happy and--bye."

The grandparents keep talking about me when I'm not there. I know, because they make excuses to go down to the ambrosia room--checking the replicators, straightening the portraits, taking a nap. Yeah, right. They're worried about me, because I haven't said anything and I don't seem to enjoy hanging out with Miles and I've been sad ever since I got home. Well, they can figure it out by themselves.

Our wedding was perfection, pure and simple. The chairs were aligned, my dress matched the arch matched the chairs matched the buffet, and the guests arrived at 2 o' clock on the dot. Rosalia was so excited for her best friend's wedding, I didn't have the heart to tell her about Bianca.

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - Let's Talk About Love
« Reply #364 on: April 03, 2013, 09:20:47 PM »

Aw, poor Kara! Sometimes it just sucks to be part of an immortal dynasty.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #365 on: April 03, 2013, 09:26:29 PM »
:( it's really hard to watch someone get married to the wrong person.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #366 on: April 03, 2013, 11:30:33 PM »
Aw, poor Kara! Sometimes it just sucks to be part of an immortal dynasty.

Kara isn't very in-love with Miles, in story or in game. She's popping zero wishes for him, which is actually a good thing because now I can institute the master plan . . . I hope.

:( it's really hard to watch someone get married to the wrong person.

This is probably the guiltiest I've felt due to Sims. Let's hope it gets better!

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #367 on: April 04, 2013, 04:48:12 PM »
Saddest wedding ever. :( I hope things work out for Kara. I must say this for Miles, although he seems very boring (probably because Kara doesn't much care for him) he has absolutely lovely genetics. Dark brown skin, blue eyes, and auburn hair? Really? If she doesn't want him, I'll take him!
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
Re: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - 4/3
« Reply #368 on: April 04, 2013, 07:55:28 PM »
Saddest wedding ever. :( I hope things work out for Kara. I must say this for Miles, although he seems very boring (probably because Kara doesn't much care for him) he has absolutely lovely genetics. Dark brown skin, blue eyes, and auburn hair? Really? If she doesn't want him, I'll take him!

First sad wedding I've ever had. Miles is seriously good-looking (although his charm has worn off for me), and I can't wait to see how the nooboo looks.

Chapter 49 - Awkward Silence

The wedding was set for two in the afternoon, but practically everyone was late so the actual ceremony took place at around five. Shadows had fallen across the sun, and we were all freezing in our formal clothes.

It snowed so hard that the petals fluttering down from the arch were coated in white. I hate snow.

Rosa didn't have such a great time--her young adult date had to be thawed out with one of her hairdryers, and the snow completely ruined her shoes.

After all the cake and dancing, I felt much too tired for the Love Shack Woohoo. Which is, apparently, a first in our family. Don't these people sleep at all?

But apparently "tradition is important," or something dumb like that, so we got to business anyway. It wasn't exactly our first Woohoo, so not a huge deal, in my opinion.

I just tried to get it all over with and went straight to bed. Mum and Dad were happily kissing, since they enjoy that sort of thing.

Truth be told, the parents of the bride probably had a better night than the bride herself.

The next few days passed peacefully. I spent much of my time in my bedroom, painting. Miles decided to become a doctor, and more often than not could be found reading logic books on the bed. We spoke little, and the silence was sometimes awkward.

Since you probably didn't come here only for depressing news, I should tell you that Tamsen had triplets. I don't know how Grandpa keeps doing it, considering he doesn't have Fertility Treatment or anything! Here's his son, Lavar Clemons.

Tristan Clemons inherited his grandpa's red hair.

Donte Clemons was both younger, and darker, than his brothers.

Lavar celebrated his birthday earlier than the others, and is a rather handsome young man. Like all of Grandpa's kids, he has excellent traits and will definitely be successful in life.

Grandpa spends all of his time over there, trying to be the best father for his children.

He tried to prepare his sons for the battles of life--both good and bad. Tristan doesn't seem very interested.

Pregnancy must be messing with my brain, because I find this very sweet and adorable and awwww. Can't wait for the hormones to stop . . . anyway, I'm hoping for a girl. I haven't asked Miles about it. Has he even noticed?

Mum and Dad were very happy and excited, of course, but--they're busy! Dad is so much older than Mum that she wants to spend as much time with him as possible, and they still don't seem to have noticed that Miles and I aren't very love, so to speak.

My days were spent painting in my room, painting the visions and dreams that surfaced in my mind. I especially love this piece of artwork.

"Hi, Bianca? This is Kara. Again. I just wanted to tell you that I'm pregnant! I don't know why I'm telling you this, but I thought you might like to know, or something . . . yeah. I'm just going to hang up now, okay?"

In these times, I envy Rose. She doesn't know what she's in for.

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Re: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - Awkward Silence
« Reply #369 on: April 04, 2013, 10:05:06 PM »
Dang.  This is getting really dark.  I kinda feel bad for Miles, actually.  Poor patsy.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #370 on: April 05, 2013, 03:16:34 AM »
It is indeed. I am really enjoying the depth though. Even though it's kind of depressing. I like it. I look forward to seeing the poor nooboo, I hope Kara is a loving mother and that poor Miles dies a mercifully early death.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #371 on: April 05, 2013, 06:54:43 PM »
Dang.  This is getting really dark.  I kinda feel bad for Miles, actually.  Poor patsy.

Kara isn't a very happy-go-lucky person--she's much too rebellious for that. Don't worry, everything works out in the end!

It is indeed. I am really enjoying the depth though. Even though it's kind of depressing. I like it. I look forward to seeing the poor nooboo, I hope Kara is a loving mother and that poor Miles dies a mercifully early death.

Hahaha. By the way, Miles is actually a day younger than Bree--so creepy, so many ways. At least he'll die fast!

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline doxxielover

• Immortal
  • Hello everyone!
« Reply #372 on: April 05, 2013, 07:46:40 PM »
I have just read through the whole story!! Its Great!:)
I love this forum and just want to say thank you to everyone! :) Have a great rest of your day!

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #373 on: April 05, 2013, 09:38:38 PM »

Its the heartless but often times honest truth about dynasty spouses: hurry up and move on, dang it! Well, I hope Miles makes room so Kara can invite her real love into the home instead! Ut oh, what's in store for Rose, I wonder?

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #374 on: April 06, 2013, 03:13:34 PM »
I have just read through the whole story!! Its Great!:)

Thanks so much! I always love having a new reader  ;D

Its the heartless but often times honest truth about dynasty spouses: hurry up and move on, dang it! Well, I hope Miles makes room so Kara can invite her real love into the home instead! Ut oh, what's in store for Rose, I wonder?

Maybe I'll make him a firefighter . . . for no reason, really . . . and nothing is in store for Rose! At least, I have nothing in store for Rose, but knowing my sims she'll end up with two boyfriends and a random child that came from nowhere.

Elysi Immortal Dynasty