Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2941639 times)

Aiwe

Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #960 on: September 30, 2010, 01:12:41 PM »
Fair enough, I wasn't sure because it wasn't specifically mentioned in the first post (as it has been in some other challenge rule sets) and I was worried that NOT taking the action when I could might run afoul of the not expediting the deaths of mortals rule. On a similar topic is the unlucky trait restricted? I haven't seen anything that says so but now I'm not sure.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #961 on: September 30, 2010, 01:17:53 PM »
On a similar topic is the unlucky trait restricted? I haven't seen anything that says so but now I'm not sure.

No traits are banned in this Dynasty Challenge. Unlucky saves a Sim from Grim only in the event of freak accidents — electrocution, etc. It's not a get out jail free card for simply dying of old age and that's exactly how your immortals' spouses need to pass on — old age — no other way. Intentionally setting up situations that result in an Unlucky Sim's death would be cheating.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline CJ Silver

• Llama Wrangler
  • Katamari Lover-Hater
« Reply #962 on: September 30, 2010, 02:31:17 PM »
So you have to be careful about who helps out around the house because over time it's easy to reach 10 in a skill just by doing chores. Oh! And if they're all trying to make 6 best friends, you might have 8 immortals hovering at or near 10 in charisma, with no way to slow their progress!

In my earlier scenario I asked if this would be the case if Handy's special skill was handiness. Now, to be sure I'm getting this right, I'm asking if this would be the case even if Handy supermaxed gardening, plus he reached 10 in handiness:

"Drop that plunger and back away from the toilet! That's Handy's job and you're already a 9.".

Sorry for bringing up an old post by Pam, but yeah, I found this to be a very difficult challenge even though I use cheats to keep motives up! (Yes, I admit it and I don't care.) Charisma is my mainstay skill for finding spouses and friends, so I decided not to have Charisma be a SuperMaster skill in my dynasty so everyone can master it and get those best friends. I found the computer chat to help, but it takes so long so I just invite them over. My founder has made Sculpting his SuperMaster skill so we can get those ice Sim sculptures out of the way - no photos as we weren't able to get a camera in time for my founder's young adult photo, but I do ice Sims and this challenge is great since normal legacies won't work as the Ice Personality bonus doesn't carry over to a future Sim - all the dead Sim's ice Sims melt when he dies. :(

I exploit the "Non-immortal" loophole shamelessly, my founder's wife has mastered Fishing and Cooking but she's very old now so her second-born daughter is going to master all the Ambrosia skills and make Ambrosia until her nephew, the 3rd immortal, is born and gets Cooking, his SuperMaster Skill, mastered. By the time the aunt dies, she'll have made enough Ambrosia to keep her dad and sis(2nd immortal) young elders for a long time.  ;D

My SuperMaster skill list is: Sculpting, Fishing, Cooking, Painting, and Gardening and then the last three are my choice By that time, we're set with five immortals doing the work.

What's more difficult is the making best friends(can't buy Observant, Never Dull and Attractive for every immortal), buying the properties and upgrading them(I just upgraded the founder's first property and haven't the money for the 2nd) and opportunities! Yikes! :(

EDIT: Sorry if I made a mistake - it wasn't Pam who did that post.

Anyways, I wanted to add that Surrounded by Family should NEVER be a LTW in your dynasty or it will never get granted; I made my found have that and regret it forever. I had to cheat and murder two of his sons because their sister would have becoe close to elder and sterile by the time their mom died and made room for the next spouse and a kid and I like to have two kids in each generation. That's me. When I finish this and do a more proper Dynasty, I will avoid that LTW and make the founder(female) have a LTW connected to their Super Master skill like everyone else does.  :'(
"The Points Mean Nothing" - My new catchphrase after seeing this trope on TV Tropes.com, to describe my belief on Legacies and other Sims 3 challenges

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #963 on: September 30, 2010, 05:52:21 PM »
What's more difficult is the making best friends(can't buy Observant, Never Dull and Attractive for every immortal), buying the properties and upgrading them(I just upgraded the founder's first property and haven't the money for the 2nd) and opportunities! Yikes! :(

I don't see why you can't buy those three lifetime rewards for every immortal.  There are plenty of them to guarantee you have the unique ones required for the challenge and still have some that all of the immortals can have.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #964 on: October 01, 2010, 01:01:12 AM »
I agree with Pam. You can buy those rewards for everyone, as long as they have three unique ones. I have things like fast metabolism and no jealousy slotted in for unique rewards down the line. Not that I really want those for anyone, but it leaves the better ones free for all to take.

Norma
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #965 on: October 01, 2010, 02:17:20 AM »

Sorry for bringing up an old post by Pam, but yeah, I found this to be a very difficult challenge even though I use cheats to keep motives up! (Yes, I admit it and I don't care.)

With this confession all other rules about your immortal dynasty are optional too ;).

..all the dead Sim's ice Sims melt when he dies. :(

Can you please explane what you mean about this? Do you mean that ones sculptor dies his ice statues melt, or ones mortal dies ice statues of that mortal melt?

I exploit the "Non-immortal" loophole shamelessly, my founder's wife has mastered Fishing and Cooking but she's very old now so her second-born daughter is going to master all the Ambrosia skills and make Ambrosia until her nephew, the 3rd immortal, is born and gets Cooking, his SuperMaster Skill, mastered. By the time the aunt dies, she'll have made enough Ambrosia to keep her dad and sis(2nd immortal) young elders for a long time.  ;D

I thought I understand it right but this makes me confused again, specially since in official rules it seems not so clear, so please Pam and Metro, once and for all, clear this mess with supermax skill, at least for me ;D
I understand that supermax skill must be unique for immortal and that none (mortal or non-mortal) can't max it. That mean that if founders wife (mortal) master cooking, no immortal can choose cooking as supermax skill.  Or is this quoted example OK and only immortals can't max other immortals supermax skill.

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
« Reply #966 on: October 01, 2010, 02:22:02 AM »
With this confession all other rules about your immortal dynasty are optional too ;).

Can you please explain what you mean about this? Do you mean that ones sculptor dies his ice statues melt, or ones mortal dies ice statues of that mortal melt?

I thought I understand it right but this makes me confused again, specially since in official rules it seems not so clear, so please Pam and Metro, once and for all, clear this mess with supermax skill, at least for me ;D
I understand that supermax skill must be unique for immortal and that none (mortal or non-mortal) can't max it. That mean that if founders wife (mortal) master cooking, no immortal can choose cooking as supermax skill.  Or is this quoted example OK and only immortals can't max other immortals supermax skill.

Supermax skill is only unique for actual possible immortals.  Spouses and extra children can have whatever skills you want them to have.  So yes, the quoted example is correct.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #967 on: October 01, 2010, 02:34:02 AM »
Thank you wildredchild, this makes it much easier than I thought! This means my mortal members can cook, fish and garden as much as they want and many other things too, this is great and less changeable than I understand. :D

Offline klop90

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #968 on: October 01, 2010, 03:30:36 PM »
I am going to try for this one.
Never finished a legacy challenge with sims2
But I hope I will finish this Dynasty.

Offline The Illuminator

• Occult
  • Illumination now with energy saving light bulbs!
« Reply #969 on: October 01, 2010, 04:18:04 PM »
Good luck, klop90!
Le mot impossible n'est pas Francais

The word "impossible" is not French

- Napoleon Bonaparte -

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #970 on: October 02, 2010, 03:10:02 AM »
I guess we really are NOT supposed to be able to visit foreign lands with our dynasty, huh?  Ok, I know that's not a rule, it's just an aggravated observation based on how messed up my dynasty gets every darned time I try to visit a different country.  Fortunately I had saved before I left, which was a really good thing because this time the bug wouldn't even let me travel back home and ALL the people on my list of friends and relations were missing.  I really used to enjoy travel; not anymore.  I'm not just posting this so I can gripe about it, but to give a warning note to the new ones who are trying this challenge.  Be prepared to do without those fruits, recipes, and other goodies you can get while traveling, it's not worth the risk.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Choccolatee

« Reply #971 on: October 02, 2010, 05:41:57 AM »
Hi guys, this is my first post and I'm not really sure how to post and stuff, so we'll see if it makes it to the thread.  ;D
Anyway, I was thinking that maybe you could also allow the cheat PlaceFriezes on/off to the Dynasty Challenge because it's just a building cheat just like moveobjects on/off is. The cheat PlaceFriezes on/off allows you to add foundations above ground which doesn't really do anything gameplay-wise to the challenge other than making the lots more original.

Hope you consider this.  :)
I've been lurking around her for a little while and it seems that punctuation and spelling is very very important. I hope this post doesn't have many grammatical mistakes.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #972 on: October 02, 2010, 05:51:28 AM »
Welcome to our Forum, Choccolatee!  Your post and grammar is fine, so please don't fret over it.  :)

I've never heard of the PlaceFriezes on/off cheat.  But if it's just a building thing built into the game, I don't see why it would be a problem if Metro agrees.  We just don't want any cheats that would make the gameplay of the Dynasty invalid. 

Are you thinking of playing this challenge?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Choccolatee

« Reply #973 on: October 02, 2010, 06:00:54 AM »
Well, I do love spelling.  ;D

The PlaceFriezes on/off cheat was included with the Ambitions expansion pack, or the patch that came with it. I'm not really sure.
It only adds foundations above the foundation or flooring. I've seen many videos that feature a "foundation" roof and its really cool. Nothing harmful to the gameplay. Just decoration and stuff.

I might play this challenge in the summer holidays. Right now its the September/October holidays. I live in Australia, and go to school, so we have holidays in December to January (6 weeks), April (2 weeks), July (2 weeks), and September/October (2 weeks). I've already wasted an entire holiday week on lurking on these forums, Facebooking, and other Internet stuff. I really have to start my homework soon. So I'll probably start this challenge next holidays.  ;D

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #974 on: October 02, 2010, 06:11:48 AM »
Welcome to the forum Choccolatee.  If you start a dynasty, it is very addictive and you will find everything you need to know on this forum.

@Joria.  I have decided not to travel in this dynasty.  It is killing me, but I just can't take the risk.  I love my family tree and I believe that is the whole backbone of a dynasty or legacy.  I know it sounds silly, because you can keep track on paper, but the flirting was not setting right with me either, so call me old fashioned, but travelling for me this time is not an option.  If I was allowed to save it before vacation, leave, come back and see if anything happens, then restart if something gets glitched, I would do that, but I thought you could not do that in the dynasty.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

anything