Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2942384 times)

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #945 on: September 29, 2010, 03:16:55 PM »
Well, I end up with so many bugs and one actually ruin the game :( I didn't mind running around bug, standing while sleeping was annoying, refusing to use stairs was  ???, ice sculptures gone, all those plates and similar stuff stuck on hands, etc. but when they went to France and refuse to go home ??? I tried to use phone option to travel home, and they just go back to base camp. I waited for vacation to be over, I got the pop up, and nothing, time continue to count and I gave up whole day after vacation suppose to be over.

After this I decided to rest a little bit, but already have another dynasty idea in my mind. Anyway, I'll see about posting the story cause I feel really bad for not finishing it. I just can't believe how many bugs came up. I went through all adventures few times till now, and never had any problems with traveling, and now there is so many. When reading other people stories, I see it could get even worse. But I can't give up on WA, that is the best part of the game, at least for me.

Anyway good luck to us all!

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #946 on: September 29, 2010, 03:21:39 PM »
Sorry about all of your bugs, Anushka. :(  Good luck with your next Dynasty. You could use a smile so maybe check out the latest Man update I just made — apparent EA has indeed worked all all kinks in the game! ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #947 on: September 29, 2010, 03:52:31 PM »
I did and remembered that my founder had the same wish weeks after getting married :D
Also, I couldn't buy anything from consignment shop last few sims week but I already had 2 cameras so that wasn't too big deal.
Thanks for encouragement, I'm off to pick up some smiles in reading other people stories!

Aiwe

« Reply #948 on: September 29, 2010, 05:35:50 PM »
Sorry if either of these has been asked before but.

1. Do Immortals that have already eaten their first lot of ambrosia have to maintain 6 unique friends, like do they have to get a new one each time one dies of old age before they're allowed to eat ambrosia again or is just a qualifying thing and if they end up as billy no mates later it doesn't matter?

2. Is a ghost an acceptable best friend? I mean if they're on the lot at the time and therefore actually visible in the relationship tab.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #949 on: September 29, 2010, 05:40:14 PM »
1. Do Immortals that have already eaten their first lot of ambrosia have to maintain 6 unique friends, like do they have to get a new one each time one dies of old age before they're allowed to eat ambrosia again or is just a qualifying thing and if they end up as billy no mates later it doesn't matter?

Yes, it's only a one-time requirement for the first eating of Ambrosia.

2. Is a ghost an acceptable best friend? I mean if they're on the lot at the time and therefore actually visible in the relationship tab.

Very interesting question. It's okay with me. But, yeah, they'd literally have to be on the lot when your immortal was to eat Ambrosia the first time or they would vanish from the Relationships tab when leaving the lot, right? My ghost chops are not that great. Seems pretty risky to me.

Aiwe

« Reply #950 on: September 29, 2010, 06:00:16 PM »
Very interesting question. It's okay with me. But, yeah, they'd literally have to be on the lot when your immortal was to eat Ambrosia the first time or they would vanish from the Relationships tab when leaving the lot, right? My ghost chops are not that great. Seems pretty risky to me.

I believe they do, but under the circumstances it's less risky than you'd think, given who the ghost in question is going to be.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #951 on: September 29, 2010, 06:53:03 PM »
Yes, ghosts disappear from the relationship tab when they aren't haunting the lot.  So, like Metro said, your Sim would have to eat Ambrosia while the ghost is on the lot for it to count toward the Best Friend requirement.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Aiwe

« Reply #952 on: September 29, 2010, 08:52:48 PM »
Story wise, I think that works for me. My founder's wife just pre-deceased him, she wasn't even an elder. On the plus side all her portraits just got more valuable, on the negative side I need need a new portrait painter ASAP.... Just to check, relatives / spouses do count for best friends? I've seen someone else list them in one of their stories and no one challenged it.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #953 on: September 29, 2010, 09:37:53 PM »
@Aiwe:  How did she die?  Yes, spouses can count as a Best Friend.  Just be sure no other immortal in the household has them for a Best Friend.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Aiwe

« Reply #954 on: September 30, 2010, 07:34:11 AM »
Burned to death sculpting, honest to goodness accident. I was only letting her sculpt metal to get the skill challenge that would increase the value of her sculptures, I've never actually had a sculptor set themselves on fire, I mean I knew it could happen, but I thought the chances were fairly slim if I kept an eye on her, and I WAS keeping an eye on her, I was even pausing the game when I went to deal with anyone not in visual range, but I wanted to tell Cence to banish a spirit, and like insects they don't show up unless you have the game un-paused for a second or so while the camera's in the right area. I went straight back to her, but she was already on fire, I sent her to extinguish herself in the shower, but even though she was right next to it she didn't make it before she turned to ash. I was pretty shell-shocked, saved and exited while Grim was still on the lot, not sure what I'm going to do without her actually.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #955 on: September 30, 2010, 07:47:49 AM »
I haven't had anyone catch fire in my Dynasty yet.  I bought the fireproof homestead and now I wonder if that's keeping these tragic accidents from happening.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline GoslettM

• Townie
  • Call me Marisha
« Reply #956 on: September 30, 2010, 09:06:19 AM »
I haven't had anyone catch fire in my Dynasty yet.  I bought the fireproof homestead and now I wonder if that's keeping these tragic accidents from happening.

I had three separate Sims of mine catch fire in my Dynasty although I have bought the fireproof homestead, but luckily I sent them to extinguish themselves in the shower and it worked.  I was really lucky, to be honest I cried all tree times. :'(  So sorry about your founder's wife  burned to death Aiwe. :(

Story wise, I'm on my fourth generation now and going strong.  Yes, I do not post much but will tell my story later in the story thread, it won't be much because I'm not really a story teller like you guys. To you all, I love your stories and the pictures too. :D

Marisha

muddawg

« Reply #957 on: September 30, 2010, 11:09:42 AM »
Woo! Quite the hullabaloo over the rules on this one!  I read through page 48 of the thread and then made my plan.

Conceptually, All Simortals will have the ability to be Athletic (They're Gods), Charismatic (They're Gods), Music (That's a gift from their mother, who is a Rock Goddess before she ascends), Cooking & Fishing (Bread and Fishes anyone?) and Photography (Look what we made, we're ... Oh you get the point) being all up for grabs for all in the Godly household.

First Simortal is the Mistress of Gardening
Second Simortal, Master of Painting
Third Immortal: Sculpting
Fourth Immortal: Handiness
Fifth Immortal: Martial Arts
Sixth Immortal: Nectar Making
Seventh Immortal: Inventing
Eighth Immortal: Writing

The only tricky part (other than the long, long play time) I foresee is watching people assisting with the Harvest, and gaining too much gardening skill, and making sure I stock up on Deathfish from the Godmother's first husband: a commercial fisherman.

Boris has been working hard at painting, just like dear old Dad.  I am unsure if we will get an Ice sculpture of the Founder in her Adult years, but I have *some* hopes that Dad will get there. It's not like his career matters.

Wheee! Fun!

Edited after some thought, Logic is Optional for the gods, since I want them to be a contentious and rowdy bunch.

Aiwe

« Reply #958 on: September 30, 2010, 11:22:26 AM »
I had three separate Sims of mine catch fire in my Dynasty although I have bought the fireproof homestead, but luckily I sent them to extinguish themselves in the shower and it worked.  I was really lucky, to be honest I cried all tree times. :'(  So sorry about your founder's wife  burned to death Aiwe. :(

I ending up crying last night as well, my partner thought I was being ridiculous, but I just felt I hadn't been looking after her well enough. It's taken me all day to get the courage to open the game save and carry on, but I just did and noticed that Grim is still there and playing chess. My founder is logic supermaxed, but he's still a fair distance away, I don't know if I can get him home and to the table in time to try and save Holly's soul, but he has the option... am I allowed to try?(I've saved and exited again while I wait for a rules clarification on this).

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #959 on: September 30, 2010, 11:39:48 AM »
I ending up crying last night as well, my partner thought I was being ridiculous, but I just felt I hadn't been looking after her well enough. It's taken me all day to get the courage to open the game save and carry on, but I just did and noticed that Grim is still there and playing chess. My founder is logic supermaxed, but he's still a fair distance away, I don't know if I can get him home and to the table in time to try and save Holly's soul, but he has the option... am I allowed to try?(I've saved and exited again while I wait for a rules clarification on this).

Nope. That falls under the umbrella of no life extending tricks at all. Just like you can't take Holly's remains to the Science Center for that Oh, My Ghost opportunity.