Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2942549 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1725 on: January 12, 2011, 10:24:36 PM »
One question: (I have seen mixed answers earlier, but couldn't decipher them) What are the rules on LN buildings? I know that you have to use Edit Town to put them in...

They're fine. From the rules...

• Anyone is free to use Edit Town to place bars, lounges, and the studio to take advantage of Late Night's new content.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1726 on: January 12, 2011, 11:32:03 PM »
Well, I had the dreaded error 12 in my dynasty after two hours of playing.  I had finally decided to take one of my sims on vacation.  The first one was great, she came back and had a ton of stuff.  She had an opportunity to take a painting to France, so she went to France and she collected more stuff, alot of stuff.  I had some really good screenshots of her on her adventures.  Went to save it and there was that stupid error 12.  Then it froze and had to do a hard shut down.  I guess will have to start over from before France, so I hope that it does not do it again or it is doomed.  I have another save, but it was before Fidel got electrocuted and I do not want to work that hard again, that is too far back.  So I will try it again tomorrow, at least it is saved before she went on vacation, so we shall see.  I hate error 12, lol. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #1727 on: January 13, 2011, 02:52:31 AM »
Salty, error 12 shouldn't have anything to do with traveling, so I hope it will turn just fine, just make shore you delete .bad file before you start game. I had so many crashes to desktop with dynasty game lately that I took a long break and focus on challenge. Since I have a clean install recently (and new system, on formated disc) and no CC in game I doubt reinstalling everything would help me, but not really shore what else to do. It is enough that I have to wait 10 minutes to load saved file, and then I can't play for 3-4 RL minutes without complete crash. And I already play in window mode, so only thing I can think of is to minimise all graphic features on lowest possible, but that would not be as nearly as fun or beautiful. They are on default now.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #1728 on: January 13, 2011, 04:01:20 AM »
Woot!  I am finished!  My 8th generation has eaten Ambrosia!  He cut it very close and didn't finish his career requirement until he was 87 days old.  I'll have my final museum total soon.  I've already written all the figures down and just need to add them up.  :D
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1729 on: January 13, 2011, 06:42:12 AM »
Nice job, Pam. Just PM me the same information that Schipperke has listed in her HOF entry and I'll get that up today.

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #1730 on: January 13, 2011, 11:07:15 AM »
Woot!  I am finished!  My 8th generation has eaten Ambrosia!  He cut it very close and didn't finish his career requirement until he was 87 days old.  I'll have my final museum total soon.  I've already written all the figures down and just need to add them up.  :D
WOW! Congrats, Pam, I knew you could do it! So, when can we find out about Midnight? ;)
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Jowkoul

• Townie
« Reply #1731 on: January 13, 2011, 02:45:04 PM »
I'm really sorry to say this, but I've not played my dynasty for a lot of time and can't think of any future plans for it... I came up with a decision to start a new Immortal Dynasty, if it's possible. Is it allowed to start a new dynasty in a completely unaltered town, or shall I continue my dynasty even though I don't know how to (she's an adult, husband too, and she hasn't done anything that's required before eating Ambrosia...)? Thanks in advance  :-[
Just got the 'Death of Michael Jackson' moodlet, applies for 14 days, -200 mood

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1732 on: January 13, 2011, 02:48:13 PM »
I'm really sorry to say this, but I've not played my dynasty for a lot of time and can't think of any future plans for it... I came up with a decision to start a new Immortal Dynasty, if it's possible. Is it allowed to start a new dynasty in a completely unaltered town, or shall I continue my dynasty even though I don't know how to (she's an adult, husband too, and she hasn't done anything that's required before eating Ambrosia...)? Thanks in advance  :-[

I'm a little confused on what you're asking. You simply want to can your current effort and start a brand new file?

Offline Jowkoul

• Townie
« Reply #1733 on: January 13, 2011, 02:52:09 PM »
I'm a little confused on what you're asking. You simply want to can your current effort and start a brand new file?

Yes. If we can call it like that. I just can't see the future in it. She doesn't have any chance to get an Ambrosia, as has no deathfish and/or life fruit. But I've thought quite a bit about the brand new file, so I think it will be even more successful. So, can I set up a brand new file and start it all over again with a new sim?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1734 on: January 13, 2011, 03:39:28 PM »
Yes. If we can call it like that. I just can't see the future in it. She doesn't have any chance to get an Ambrosia, as has no deathfish and/or life fruit. But I've thought quite a bit about the brand new file, so I think it will be even more successful. So, can I set up a brand new file and start it all over again with a new sim?

Absolutely. Good luck in your next effort.

Offline Jowkoul

• Townie
« Reply #1735 on: January 13, 2011, 03:57:18 PM »
Oh, thank you very much! This time I will first make up a strategy and then only start the dynasty. I won't let you (and me) down this time! After all, weekend is on its way! Once again, thank you very very much!!! :-)

Offline folcon

• Immortal
« Reply #1736 on: January 13, 2011, 05:06:23 PM »
This has probably been answered before, but I was wondering, does the museum only include the painting/photos/ice sculptures of your immortals, or can it include relics found while adventuring?  Though if you buy a lot to put your museum on, you can't place sculptures, which is a pity.  So anyway, yeah, can the assorted relics, both regular and the relic sets be added into the museum value, or is it just the portraits etc. that count?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1737 on: January 13, 2011, 05:11:29 PM »
This has probably been answered before, but I was wondering, does the museum only include the painting/photos/ice sculptures of your immortals, or can it include relics found while adventuring?  Though if you buy a lot to put your museum on, you can't place sculptures, which is a pity.  So anyway, yeah, can the assorted relics, both regular and the relic sets be added into the museum value, or is it just the portraits etc. that count?

You can place whatever you want into the immortals' museum. You'll notice Pam posted pictures with furniture, etc. But, the only things that count towards your score are the portraits, photos, and sculptures.

Offline folcon

• Immortal
« Reply #1738 on: January 13, 2011, 05:16:28 PM »
*nods*  That is the main part I was wondering about.  Heh, though that does make it more time consuming to add all that up I suppose.  But that is part of the fun.  Now if only you could sculpt sims in stone as well as ice.  That would look cool.

Chsharpe

« Reply #1739 on: January 13, 2011, 05:57:38 PM »
Now if your playing a dynasty game, (trying to play as much as you can before your twins are born) and you marry holly alto and she brings 4 cars plus the usual one and they all sell for top value can you sell them for cash because she had them before shecame to the household? Or can you only sell the one she usually brings for top price, or can you sell none at all.