Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2942620 times)

Aiwe

Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1755 on: January 15, 2011, 09:40:12 AM »
Having completely mislaid my notes for my original dynasty, and various other factors, I've decided to start over with a new dynasty, in Bridgeport this time, with a female founder with purple hair. My current plan is that my founder will aim for the Renaissance Sim LTW and max painting, sculpting and photography, thus getting the recording of the dynasty out of the hands of mortals almost from the very beginning, Then generation two will cover cooking and fishing and generation three will be a gardener, not sure what the remaining five will be yet, am slightly tempted to have generations five through eight all have different instrument skills so they can be a band, but that might get really repetitive.

Offline folcon

• Immortal
« Reply #1756 on: January 15, 2011, 10:46:25 AM »
But unless you can find a camera at the consignment shop, you can't do photography, because you can not travel to other countries to get the camera and leran the skill until generation 2.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1757 on: January 15, 2011, 10:50:09 AM »
But unless you can find a camera at the consignment shop, you can't do photography, because you can not travel to other countries to get the camera and leran the skill until generation 2.

Cameras are very common items at the consignment shop. They're not there every single day, but I'd be shocked if someone could not acquire one after 3 or 4 days of looking.

Offline folcon

• Immortal
« Reply #1758 on: January 15, 2011, 11:20:16 AM »
I've just been wondering, seeing as vampires are not allowed, and simbots must be released into the community right away, what about mummies?  If you get one through the canopic jars, are they to be released into the community too like the simbots, and are you not allowed to turn Sims into mummies due the to the extending of lifespan?   At least, I am pretty certain mummies have an extended lifespan.

Anyway, yes, cameras can be found at the consignment shop pretty easily, though my experience has been that only the lowest quality one has been available.

Aiwe

« Reply #1759 on: January 15, 2011, 11:28:42 AM »
Well so far cameras are being elusive, but she's still a young adult so I'm not too worried, if the worst comes to the worst I'll have her max out one of the designated 'shared' skills in order to get the LTW, and I've seen the expensive camera show up... just not in this game yet.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1760 on: January 15, 2011, 11:55:18 AM »
I've just been wondering, seeing as vampires are not allowed, and simbots must be released into the community right away, what about mummies?  If you get one through the canopic jars, are they to be released into the community too like the simbots, and are you not allowed to turn Sims into mummies due the to the extending of lifespan?   At least, I am pretty certain mummies have an extended lifespan.

Yeah, mummies would not be allowed since that would fall under the life-extending ban rule.

Offline folcon

• Immortal
« Reply #1761 on: January 15, 2011, 01:50:55 PM »
*grins*  Well it would be fun to get a bunch of simbots and Mummies over time and release them into the community to see them wandering around town and stuff.  Hmm...though could simbots gotten through the reward count toward an immortals 6 best friends?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1762 on: January 15, 2011, 02:23:09 PM »
Yeah I think they can, that was asked a lot and by me at one point and I think I got th eokay with it.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Jowkoul

• Townie
« Reply #1763 on: January 15, 2011, 02:25:03 PM »
So happy with my new dynasty! And everything is so amazing! Nick just married Holly Alto but she brought only 2000 bucks with her and no car by the way. You see, she's eco-friendly, and ran to my house all the way. Grrr! Anyway, she's pregnant, my guy has only 1 challenge till supermaxing fishing, I have 3 deathfish already, and everyone in the household has cooking skill of high levels and Nick is just adult! This challenge is great! thanks so much
Just got the 'Death of Michael Jackson' moodlet, applies for 14 days, -200 mood

Offline CarlaluvsSims

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1764 on: January 15, 2011, 03:20:03 PM »
When I first read this challenge, I was intimidated by all the rules and restrictions. I read a lot of the forum and the rules over and over and wrote down a basic outline for my immortal generations-SuperMax Skill and LTW and am using Pam's spreadsheet. My founder is just an elder; not sure I'll be able to meet all the requirements for making him immortal before his demise, but I've really learned a lot and can always try again! Thanks for all the tips and helpful suggestions in the forum and website!

Carla

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1765 on: January 15, 2011, 03:24:01 PM »
Good luck, Carla. You can do it!  :D

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1766 on: January 15, 2011, 04:32:41 PM »
Cameras are very common items at the consignment shop. They're not there every single day, but I'd be shocked if someone could not acquire one after 3 or 4 days of looking.

Prepare to be thoroughly shocked, my friend!  The Clan Douglas Dynasty didn't get a camera until Gen 2 was finally old enough to hotfoot it over to Egypt and pick one up.  And James, the founder, visited the Consignment shop every day without fail.  In some of my games, the cameras turn up right away.  But not always.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Aiwe

« Reply #1767 on: January 15, 2011, 04:44:15 PM »
I was a bit luckier than that, have now got a camera, but it did take longer than five days.

Offline Jowkoul

• Townie
« Reply #1768 on: January 16, 2011, 12:19:14 PM »
When a best friend dies, do we need to obtain a new one, or we don't, if the feat (6 best friends) is already accomplished?
Just got the 'Death of Michael Jackson' moodlet, applies for 14 days, -200 mood

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1769 on: January 16, 2011, 12:36:27 PM »
When a best friend dies, do we need to obtain a new one, or we don't, if the feat (6 best friends) is already accomplished?

Once an immortal has eaten Ambrosia the first time, then the BF requirement is lifted. Let them fade away (if you wish).

anything