Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2941698 times)

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1410 on: November 24, 2010, 06:46:52 AM »
Quick question, if I give my Sim the great explorer lifetime wish but due to problems beyond my control she cannot complete that LTW can I use the change lifetime wish lifetime reward to change it to something else. Or should I just choose another LTW to start with.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #1411 on: November 24, 2010, 07:21:07 AM »
Yes, changing a Lifetime Wish for an Immortal candidate is fine.  The thing you can't change is traits.  I advise caution, though, because if you spend a lot of time on a traveling LTW and can't complete it, you've wasted a lot of time and a second LTW will be that much more difficult to achieve.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1412 on: November 24, 2010, 08:14:07 AM »
I think I will forget about the great explorer lifetime wish. I really don't want to do the superstar athlete LTW though. The only other LTW I can think of where my Sim could supermax athletics is the military and maybe thief, Thief is out because that requires logic and Kumquat is already working on that.
I will have to have a think about this.

Rachel

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1413 on: November 24, 2010, 08:16:57 AM »
Why don't you want to do the superstar athlete LTW?  One of mine did that one - it's not hard to achieve.  Actually, I had two sims working on that one at the same time because both Radar and Mojo did it.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1414 on: November 24, 2010, 08:25:02 AM »
I am a little stuck in my ways I tend to do the same lifetime wishes all the time. Superstar athlete is one of them I was thinking of trying something new just to keep the play interesting for me.
Thinking about this with my realistic head on superstar athlete is really the only way to go. I want to save the handy skill for later, I have plans for one of my Sims to supermax that one.
It does seem a little silly to make life harder for myself.
Thanks for the advice.
Sunset will need a wardrobe change but she does she look cute in her Indiana Jones outfit  :)

Rachel

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1415 on: November 25, 2010, 01:48:49 AM »
I was wondering if we can use Building Cheats like moveobjects on? I was thinking that when Diana gets her Museum Room she will have the Life Fruit plants moved down there into a Underground Basement? Is that allowed?
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #1416 on: November 25, 2010, 05:25:36 AM »
Samoht, moveobjects is definitely allowed, but not shore about other building cheats. Metro and Pam agreed that moveobjects and other similar building cheats  are not giving any advantage in gameplay so it is free to use. I made museum in dynasty using it and had similar idea, but problem is you'll have to water plants downthere,because if you put sprinkles there will be puddles all over the place and negative moodlet, so I gave up on that, but still you can have underground garden with flowers bushes even trees if you want;D

Rachel, I use similar LTW too all the time, but most of them are eather perfect garden or explorer/traveler/private museum :D You can choose martial arts related LTW (2 of them) and adventure in meanwhile. I wanted her to gather all tomb symbols and other collections but with bugged adventure board it wasn't possible >:( Anyway, this way you could keep explorer outfit and had safe but not usual LTW. (It take only 2 short trips or 1 long to supermaster martial arts, and all is doable in teen age). And she can go for Forensic Law inforcement if none has painting as supermax skill.

Something surprised me last night. My fifth generation  inherited eye color from his grandfather, and greatgreat grandfather, so now 1,3 and 5 generation have same eye color (and shape) ;D Girls got their mothers eyes, but their children got grandfathers eyes both times!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1417 on: November 27, 2010, 12:20:46 PM »
Yeah Penelope and Rabbit both have their Grandmothers Blonde hair who got it from her Great-Grandmother. A Vampire Dynasty would be much easier since the skilling and longer life, maybe I would manage that...  ;)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1418 on: November 28, 2010, 02:14:41 PM »
Need advice on what to choose for Esk's lifetime wish,supermax skill etc.
She has the eccentric,and genius traits, the plan initially being to make her an inventor which I have never done before. I had some vague plan to have her supermax handiness rather then inventing. I have supermaxed handiness already in my dynasty but that was with Thornton so I know that will be the easier of the two options.
So what does everyone think is this plan workable.

Rachel

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #1419 on: November 28, 2010, 02:39:49 PM »
@Rachel:

I'm doing inventing as Scarlet's SuperMax skill and I'm having no trouble with it at all.  If you are able to safely travel, it will make a big difference.  Scarlet has done the majority of her inventing and journal challenges while on vacation.  She's only a few days into Young Adult and the only thing she has left to complete is the Simbot challenge.  But I think using handiness is also a good plan.  I chose inventing for no particular reason, but she's going to at least max handiness, too.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline NancyJ

• Immortal
« Reply #1420 on: November 29, 2010, 07:39:07 AM »
Just a suggestion - at 142 pages, is it not time for the Dynasty to have its own sub-forum? I haven't had time to keep up with the thread and weeks and now I don't know where I was with it -I hope I haven't missed anything vital!

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1421 on: November 29, 2010, 07:48:30 AM »
Just a suggestion - at 142 pages, is it not time for the Dynasty to have its own sub-forum? I haven't had time to keep up with the thread and weeks and now I don't know where I was with it -I hope I haven't missed anything vital!

You haven't. Don't worry. Rules changes are few and far between. Just take a look at the rule set if you're wondering if anything has changed. The only thing I really have to concern myself with is how expansions affect gameplay, so the last things I did was to allow the particular Bridgeport lot to be a starting point for those players choosing to use that neighborhood, and banning vampires, etc.

I want the Immortal Dynasty to stay in the Challenge board. It is getting to be quite the monster in terms of length, I agree. But, there's no reason anyone needs to slog through the whole thread. One read of the rule set and everyone is good to go.

Offline Nilla

• Townie
« Reply #1422 on: November 29, 2010, 11:06:23 AM »
Perhaps a slightly unnecessary post but I just wanted to announce somewhere that I have reached the halfway point of the challenge with my fourth immortal. Also I'm getting a bit desperate about reducing or at least stopping the growth of the save file size, my (recently defragmented and cleaned) computer doesn't handle it well, so has anyone found a way to do that in a way the challenge rules allows?

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1423 on: November 29, 2010, 11:31:27 AM »
Perhaps a slightly unnecessary post but I just wanted to announce somewhere that I have reached the halfway point of the challenge with my fourth immortal. Also I'm getting a bit desperate about reducing or at least stopping the growth of the save file size, my (recently defragmented and cleaned) computer doesn't handle it well, so has anyone found a way to do that in a way the challenge rules allows?

I was having a lot of save problems until I deleted a lot of things from the lot.  I got rid of the two fish walls and a lot of unnecessary stuff.  It did seem to help.  Now the only things I'm adding are the Gallery items, and whenever I do add anything I find something to delete.  The game still takes a really long time to load and shut down, but at least I haven't had problems saving it.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Brash_Endeavors

« Reply #1424 on: November 30, 2010, 01:28:00 AM »
Apologies if this has been brought up, its a very long thread ^_^

I have a question about the "equalizing" requirements for the starting plots in different towns (Sunset Valley vs Bridgeport etc).

By purchasing items and leaving them in family inventory, you equalize starting finances only, but the older maps now have a huge advantage from having a huge plot of land plus the permanent "Beautiful Vista" moodlet. It would be nice if the adjustments actually made the plots as well as finances comparable, so maybe instead of purchasing a bigscreen TV etc you instead purchase a large expensive outdoor sculpture (or something 'non-usable')  to at least add a "nicely decorated" moodlet to make up for the "beautiful vista" lost, or instruct the player to do  landscape-only improvements until they are down to $xxx in funds to make the smaller newer plots more equal in longterm value to the large vanilla game plots with their huge permanent  +vista mood buffs.

A second option: have everyone put up walls, doors, windows, roof, stairs only (NOTHING else) until everyone is at exactly $500 or any other preset amount. While this first appears to advantage the people with the smaller/cheaper lots, most of us know there is no penalty to living on a lawn (esp one with a huge +vista moodlet) and that the real value isn't the house shell but what goes in it (beds, showers, etc). So small lots get their empty building "shell" and older lots get more land + vista moodlet. Longterm, I think the second one has the definite advantage.

PS, Pam you're right, I guess I was thinking less in terms of "this" challenge than just as a format suggestion for future ones. Certainly once a family is underway there are tons of ways of obtaining great moodlets to offset the vista one, although the same is also true of cash and any 'first week advantage' in the game. Other than not being as "fresh and exciting" as the newer xpac communities, SV just seems to have so many strong advantages even after three expansions.  PS, I didn't mean to come across as argumentative so apologies if anything came across that way! I've been a secret Carls lurker since it first started, its simply the best spot on the internet for sims3 data.