Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2942830 times)

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #9480 on: February 28, 2014, 09:50:40 AM »
You can move in whoever you want, provided that they're not a banned lifestate (and even then, just throw a Potent Cure Elixir their way).. You just can't move them out.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #9481 on: February 28, 2014, 01:58:13 PM »
His maxed skill will be gardening, then...as I'm not sure how to get the "Vault of antiquity" in Dragon Valley.

This is how I get it in mine.

I generally buy a property (normally the graveyard, but in Sunset Valley, for example, I change one of the lots that can be changed to a beach into a beach and purchase that). I then go into build mode and go to the 'community buildings' part of it. All of the various rabbit hole buildings appear there, and I generally then tell it to just show me the Supernatural buildings. Hovering over the icons, it tells me what each is called, I select the Vault of Antiquity and place it on the lot. (I generally also place the Fae Rae Arbitorium (or however one spells it) onto the same lot).

When you exit it, it sells the lot for you and you have the Vault and Arbitorium in your non-Supernatural world.

And Deklitch, great idea giving them the "loves the heat" trait, thanks!  It gives him a good moodlet to be in the sun!

I figure that as my founder has to be in the sun for a while, might as well make it as enjoyable for him/her as possible! I personally give my founder loves the heat and loves the outdoors for that very purpose.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #9482 on: February 28, 2014, 05:46:37 PM »
Loves the outdoors is great for immortal elders anyway. Buy them a waterslide and a sprinkler, and they stay occupied and out of trouble for hours.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #9483 on: March 02, 2014, 03:06:17 PM »
Question about aging.

My sims seem to ALL be age stuck. All of them. It has just clicked over to 3am, and I checked the ages of all my controlled sims. The ones who were 2 days away from the next age group (my 3 YAs, 1 adult, and one teen) the day before are still at 2 days to go until the next age group. Aiden Jones who was at 99 days the day before is still at 99 days, and my toddler who was aged up the day before is still at 7 days before becoming a child. Am I being overly anxious (in that does the aging up of sims happen after 3am, or is my game glitchy in some way? The day before (which was my nooboo's day to become a toddler, I gave said toddler a cake and aged her up in the morning. I had my child sim read the toddler painting skill book to her, and I have sent three sims (Founder, one of the YA sims, and the Adult sim) to France. They got there and back alright.

If this should be a glitch, do I age up the YAs, Adult and Teen sims on their proper birthdays (1 day time) or do I wait until the game thinks it is their birthday (2 days times)?

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9484 on: March 02, 2014, 03:12:10 PM »
Dek have you tried moving your family to the clipboard and then straight  back to the dynasty house. This has helped me in the past with aging problems.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #9485 on: March 02, 2014, 03:17:13 PM »
No, I haven't yet, Ratchie. What is the process in doing that? (Is it the same process as I followed with the Bunches when I moved them to a different house in Sunset Valley for the Bunch of Jobs Challenge this year? Going to edit town, evicting them, and then moving them into a new house (which in this case is their old house).

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9486 on: March 02, 2014, 03:23:28 PM »
That's exactly it. It shouldn't sever relationships or so any lasting damage, but it will erase all of their unfulfilled wishes.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #9487 on: March 02, 2014, 04:04:13 PM »
Thanks Trip.

I have now done that, it hasn't corrected their aging details, I would almost suspect that I misread how long they had to go until aging up, if it wasn't for Marisa's nooboo-toddler birthday cake being given to her on the day she aged up.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9488 on: March 02, 2014, 04:17:21 PM »
Have you played until the end of the current Sim day? Did they age up?

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #9489 on: March 06, 2014, 05:03:39 AM »
Sorry it took me a bit longer to get back to this. I played through to the end of the day and they all aged up, which is good. Thanks Ratchie and Trip for you assistance. The Oids are battling on. lol

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #9490 on: March 07, 2014, 06:55:08 PM »
I had some time on my hands today so was playing around with Google Drive.  I know there are already stat sheets for Microsoft Excel, but I also know some don't use Excel.  I use my tablet to record things as I'm playing a dynasty and sometimes the apps I use for anything Microsoft can be a royal pain to use, but I haven't had an issue with Google Drive as of yet.  If others can use it, awesome, if not, oh well XD

Dynasty Requirements Google Drive Doc

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9491 on: March 10, 2014, 12:08:39 AM »
Hi, I'm thinking about giving an immortal dynasty a go and was wondering if the following lots were ok to add to SV...
Roasted Toasted Beans Coffee Shop Java Hut
The Grind
Business As Usual Bistro
Dog Park
Cat Park
Sudsy Time Laundry Laundromat

Also am I allowed to bulldoze auto placed lots like the Barney's Salon and Tatoo and put them somewhere else?
Also can I bulldoze some auto placed lots and then Not replace them as I don't want the equestrian centre at all.
Last question, to get some of these lots on the map I have to place a brand new lot using the world editor so is that ok too?
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9492 on: March 10, 2014, 12:35:22 AM »
All of those lots are allowed.

Yes, you can bulldoze autoplaced lots.

You don't need to replace the autoplaced lots you bulldoze.

You can most certainly use the World Editor to place new lots as long as you're going to put a venue on them.

All of this is covered in the Edit Town FAQ, by the way.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9493 on: March 10, 2014, 04:57:14 AM »
Thanks for the reply, I must have missed the FAQ page  :o Don't know how as I've been reading about dynasties all day!  ::)
I'm a bit daunted I must say, the hardest part is starting with basically no money. I get so impatient  :-[
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Sherry

• A stressful student mostly. A 0,01% nice
  • Immortal
« Reply #9494 on: March 10, 2014, 05:09:46 AM »
Thanks for the reply, I must have missed the FAQ page  :o Don't know how as I've been reading about dynasties all day!  ::)
I'm a bit daunted I must say, the hardest part is starting with basically no money. I get so impatient  :-[
That's why you can ask some other sims to moved in with you. Preferably ones with high level job and a lot of money.
You want to see a miracle? be the miracle - Bruce Almighty 'God'
Everybody Lies - Gregory House

My current Goth project Goth Affairs
A Blood Red Dynasty My first try in dynasty

anything