Author Topic: Sims 3 - Building and Construction Requests Thread  (Read 764431 times)

Offline ZapKid

• Electronic Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • I'm doing an internet! Woooahhh!
Re: Sims 3 - Building and Construction Requests Thread
« Reply #495 on: July 03, 2011, 09:58:30 PM »
Requesting builds of houses to fit on tiny lots.  All styles welcome.  Use whatever EP/SP you like, although some should be vanilla.  Prices should range from very cheap to the sky's the limit.  Lot sizes from 10x10 to 15x20.  Nothing larger.

I'll get started on this! I'll try and take my time, because quality is over quantity :)
Find my builds here. | Last Created; Cubeached
Also, feel free to request a home by PMing me! Always happy to help.

Hey guys I'm taking an extended hiatus... again. I'm out of ideas to build houses and I don't have as much fun designing homes like I used to; it feels more like a chore. So that's where I'll be, I will probably be back sometime. :P

Natsuko

« Reply #496 on: July 03, 2011, 10:34:43 PM »
I dunno, I'm more of a modern guy. Are you 100% sure you don't need any modern homes? I finished the laundromat quickly, I want more modern homes/lots to do. *Bites fingers in agitation*
I can tackle the traditional homes, but part of the neighborhood will be modern, so go crazy with moderness, lol!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ZapKid

• Electronic Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • I'm doing an internet! Woooahhh!
« Reply #497 on: July 03, 2011, 10:53:15 PM »
I can tackle the traditional homes, but part of the neighborhood will be modern, so go crazy with moderness, lol!

Sweet! Chronic: Done with your bar. I'm rushed, so I'll jump to pics:

Pics were also rushed. Sorry about that  :P
You can download now! Here: http://www.carls-sims-3-forum.com/houses-and-lots/the-modern-watering-hole/
Hope you enjoy  ;)
Find my builds here. | Last Created; Cubeached
Also, feel free to request a home by PMing me! Always happy to help.

Hey guys I'm taking an extended hiatus... again. I'm out of ideas to build houses and I don't have as much fun designing homes like I used to; it feels more like a chore. So that's where I'll be, I will probably be back sometime. :P

Offline Execution

• Occult
  • Rawr.
« Reply #498 on: July 03, 2011, 11:23:43 PM »
I'll download tomorrow
Do you mean Upload? I hope you're not stealing other people's work, I was just about to make a request. Here it is anyway:

I'll be tackling a challenge I thought up in a while, so I'll also need a house for it. This challenge involves the Magic Book or whatever it was called from the Store, but this should be the only store content used. I don't have the Gothic Library pack, however. If you don't feel like buying this, just leave space for it to be put in manually.

I have no EPs/SPs whatsoever.
Lot size should be anywhere under 40x40.
Unfurnished cost should be anywhere under 250,000, and furnished (excluding the books) should be under 500,000.

Rooms:
6 bedrooms: one for a married couple, four for kids (who will obviously grow into teens and then Young Adults. Decorate it for a young adult), and a guest bedroom.
The master bedroom and guest bedroom should include en-suite bathrooms. The kid bedrooms should all connect to a single bathroom. All bedrooms should be on a floor above ground level.

On the ground floor should be a library with a staircase that leads to a basement. This basement will be a 'magic room'. Include two platforms for Magic Books. The walls should be lined with bookcases.

The house should be a hybrid between modern and traditional. All color schemes are fine except for those that include black, white, or gray, or any other similar color.

On the opposite side of the lot from the magic room & library should be a stairwell; one should lead up and one should lead into the 'Gnome Room'. The Gnome Room should have walls made out of mirrors (the 850 simolean kind), and be lined with gnomes. There should also be a platform with a throne. If this room sounds confusing, just make a basement and I'll finish it. I won't divulge its purpose.

You should be able to learn all base game skills other than Athletic, Guitar, Charisma, and collecting in the library. Include a stage with a guitar in the backyard. About half of the total backyard should be fenced in.

If I forgot to include something, just tell me.

Edit: I forgot the fact that it needs a nursery. Other than that, I think that's it.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #499 on: July 04, 2011, 01:50:24 AM »
I'm getting tired of saying this for other people ...

ZapKid, if you think you have something that fits the Description already then a simple post with a Link and a Picture with the Details is all you need. Yes, a lot of Requests will overlap but there may be other reasons that they are making the Request like they can't see anything they like that exists already, some might like to feel like they took a part in Designing it but without Building it, Etc. Also not everyone is confident in remodelling so having everything they need already done would be much easier.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #500 on: July 04, 2011, 02:08:48 AM »
If someone could build me this house, I'd be eternally grateful. The whole floorplan is shown, with preferred Exterior.
I have All EP's and HELS.  I do have store content, but could you please only use the Riverview content. I have only a small limit on price - it must be worth (at maximum) §1,500,000. Feel free to build a basement, but please stick to the floorplan outlined on the website above for the above-ground floors.
If possible, please make this lot on a 64 x 64 (or Legacy) lot. I would also like a Butler's bedroom in the basement, and a large museum space, as I intend to use this lot for my Legacy family. Please use plenty of Child-oriented items, and a large pool and outdoor living area. Please use your own style on the house, remembering to stick to the pictures above. If an area is not shown on the pictures, feel free to add it. Also, please place a hottub from LN.
Even though I'm asking for quite a bit, please also keep the general size of the house (including content) to a minimum. Oh, and if possible, could you use Ausette's Suites Me pattern. This is preferred, but not essential.
That's quite enough, methinks. ;)

Samoht, I have a suggestion for the table. Maybe an "Additional Requests" column for requests like the inclusion of "Suits Me" in my request.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #501 on: July 04, 2011, 02:24:56 AM »
If you have mentioned it in your Original Post which is where the bulk of the Information for your Request will be then there shouldn't really be any need to go in the Table. However I am going to say that you might be dissapointed with that, as far as I know Custom Patterns don't stick when Uploaded and Downloaded, they get installed and it says they are on the Object but it shows as a Glossy Plasticy type thing. I'm only speaking from my experience but someone downloaded a Top with a Custom Pattern and it didn't show up right. Also I think that a 1.5 Million Budget should be enough!  ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #502 on: July 04, 2011, 02:26:00 AM »
If that's the case, I'll simply pop the pattern on myself. I'm not asking for much, am I? lol.

CandyHeartedSim

« Reply #503 on: July 04, 2011, 02:31:59 AM »
I've built a 10x10 House for Joria's Sunset Valley remake, But It's nit as good as, say, Zapkid's work:

Sloppy Jaloppy isn't included.

It's called Small Comode  ;D

I'll upload to the Swap Shop Now.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #504 on: July 04, 2011, 02:38:18 AM »
Kiko, Execution and Seabody, your Requests are up. 

CandyHeartedSim

« Reply #505 on: July 04, 2011, 02:40:16 AM »
It's Up, Here

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #506 on: July 04, 2011, 02:41:48 AM »
@Samoht
I noticed you didn't include this sentence in my request:
I do have store content, but could you please only use the Riverview content.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #507 on: July 04, 2011, 02:43:32 AM »
I noticed you didn't include this sentence in my request:

Okay, fixed that.  :)

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #508 on: July 04, 2011, 03:51:03 AM »
It's awesome, Zap! I can't wait to download - this so goes into Sunset Valley 3.0 remodel! Excellent.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #509 on: July 04, 2011, 03:56:59 AM »
I'm getting tired of saying this for other people, but my Modern Legacy home would cover most of this, you could just some of the bedrooms, the bathrooms, outside, and study a bit to fulfill your needs. You can find my legacy home in the swap shop.

samoht04 is right, ZapKid.  There's no need to show your impatience or frustration.  If you don't want to take on a building request, then don't.  But there's no need to be rude by saying that you're getting tired of saying something.

A note to everyone:

I've seen requests for a Dynasty house.  Remember, if you're playing an official Immortal Dynasty, you're not allowed to put down a pre-made house.  You must build everything yourself for those 8 generations.

Remember that all of the builders are volunteers and are doing this in their free time, so don't expect instant results.  Patience, my friends.

Lastly, make sure that all building projects are also uploaded to the Swap Shop and not just on this thread.

Great job organizing all of this, samoht!  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."