Author Topic: The Sims 3 Domination Dynasty: Resistance is Futile  (Read 129371 times)

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Domination Dynasty: Resistance is Futile
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2014, 01:29:43 PM »
This is going to be hard "not" to exploit this.  Buying properties requires money, and money are accumulative household funds - which king and queen will contribute.  So if king use guitar exploit and make millions, then the drone just have to pick up their phone and purchase real estate and upgrade, too simple.

It's the simple act of a player fulfilling a requirement. That's important too. If the King and Queen use the guitar exploit, make millions at the beginning and buy everything, then they've cut their own throat because they robbed the drones of a requirement that they have to do. But, if the King and Queen make millions at the beginning with the guitar exploit, but still make sure the drones can buy properties, well...three cheers for the player. I know it sounds crazy, but that's where I am at.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2014, 02:32:19 PM »
It's the simple act of a player fulfilling a requirement. That's important too. If the King and Queen use the guitar exploit, make millions at the beginning and buy everything, then they've cut their own throat because they robbed the drones of a requirement that they have to do. But, if the King and Queen make millions at the beginning with the guitar exploit, but still make sure the drones can buy properties, well...three cheers for the player. I know it sounds crazy, but that's where I am at.

What about only allowing the King or Queen to purchase property after all the homes are filled with drones?  That way, they are only able to buy up the excess properties.  Of course, there may not be any by that point.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2014, 02:41:07 PM »
What about only allowing the King or Queen to purchase property after all the homes are filled with drones?  That way, they are only able to buy up the excess properties.  Of course, there may not be any by that point.

Part of me wants to agree with you. It would actually make things easier on the player and might actually prevent a failure. But, then part of me thinks this Dynasty is really easy with few restrictions as it is, and that's just part of a player's job — knowing what the requirements are. I'm kind of torn.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2014, 02:54:33 PM »
I just went through my town and counted buildings and properties on the computer (which are the only ones you can buy). 27 buildings and properties for 43 drones. Although everyone will have different numbers, I think it's unlikely that you'll run out of spaces for drones before you run out of properties.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2014, 04:01:08 PM »
Just a warning. I was considering using Moonlight Falls, but there are actually far more empty commercial lots than suggested (small parks). I've switched to Starlight Shores, and with adding the Elixirs Shop, Fae Wray Gardens, the Gypsy camp, and that Bridgeport park with the subway, oh, and one for the King and Queen, I'm down to 40. That should be doable for players with limited EP's.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2014, 05:02:25 AM »
With regards to the King and Queen Jobs requirement,Am I correct in thinking that each job and track (except for part time jobs) can be completed by King and Queen? If so, can they both do the same job to meet requirements at the same time? (eg For the first Reproduction Day, can I have them both working towards maxing the business career).

With regards to the King and Queen Skill Challenges requirement, am I correct in thinking that each skill challenge (except for collecting and consignment store challenges) is allowed to be completed by both King and Queen? If so, can they both do the same skill challenges to meet requirements at the same time? (eg For the first Reproduction Day, can I have them both working towards the Menu Maven skill challenge for the first reproduction day with one of them completing one of the alchemy skill challenges and the other completing either the same or a different skill challenge)?

Finally, with regards to the drones/offspring and their requirements for maxing a skill, can those skills that came with store content, but without associated skill challenges (violin, gambling and artisan - I think that's all of them) count for this, because they are skills that have 10 levels of rank in them?

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2014, 06:15:15 AM »
With regards to the King and Queen Jobs requirement,Am I correct in thinking that each job and track (except for part time jobs) can be completed by King and Queen? If so, can they both do the same job to meet requirements at the same time? (eg For the first Reproduction Day, can I have them both working towards maxing the business career).

Yep, that would be fine.

With regards to the King and Queen Skill Challenges requirement, am I correct in thinking that each skill challenge (except for collecting and consignment store challenges) is allowed to be completed by both King and Queen? If so, can they both do the same skill challenges to meet requirements at the same time? (eg For the first Reproduction Day, can I have them both working towards the Menu Maven skill challenge for the first reproduction day with one of them completing one of the alchemy skill challenges and the other completing either the same or a different skill challenge)?

Correct. The rule states there can be crossover.

Finally, with regards to the drones/offspring and their requirements for maxing a skill, can those skills that came with store content, but without associated skill challenges (violin, gambling and artisan - I think that's all of them) count for this, because they are skills that have 10 levels of rank in them?

Well, Store content is allowed. I guess that would be okay. What's everyone's thoughts on this?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2014, 06:54:24 AM »

I'm ok with these.  As long as these skills have 10 levels of rank to them I don't see the problem.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2014, 08:34:59 AM »
I don't know whether gambling shows up in your skill journal, but violin and artisan do. However, artisan moves extremely quickly -- you get 3 levels the first time you make something. I haven't tried it with vampires, lol.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2014, 12:17:38 PM »
Vampires are crazy, leveling speed goes through the roof.  If I don't watch my vampires carefully, they will workout on the tv and gain athletic skill like in few seconds. 

If gambling doesn't show up on the skill journal, I don't think you can count that as a true skill.

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2014, 04:14:28 PM »
Vampires are crazy, leveling speed goes through the roof.  If I don't watch my vampires carefully, they will workout on the tv and gain athletic skill like in few seconds. 

If gambling doesn't show up on the skill journal, I don't think you can count that as a true skill.

Gambling does show up in the skill journal.
[they/them pronouns please]

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2014, 08:01:02 AM »
I don't know whether gambling shows up in your skill journal, but violin and artisan do. However, artisan moves extremely quickly -- you get 3 levels the first time you make something. I haven't tried it with vampires, lol.

I've found Artisan fast before too, but it seems to hav slowed down, unless there's some sort of glitch in my game. I can get a skill to 10 faster with the multitab right now.
[they/them pronouns please]

Offline christinal3106

• Occult
« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2014, 05:50:25 PM »
I am assuming that you can't do the self-employed bot-making career.  Is this correct?

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #43 on: July 05, 2014, 05:53:17 PM »
I don't see why you can't...but I am not on the challenge team.

Offline christinal3106

• Occult
« Reply #44 on: July 05, 2014, 07:59:01 PM »
I was thinking that because of the household addition requirements.  It is temporary, but you are still adding to the household.  Unless there are ways to make money with that skill besides making simbots.  I haven't messed around with much of the content from into the future because of the opportunity bug.

anything