Author Topic: The Sims 3 Domination Dynasty: Resistance is Futile  (Read 130358 times)

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Domination Dynasty: Resistance is Futile
« Reply #240 on: August 01, 2014, 02:42:17 PM »
What I originally explained to Lena still stands — stockpiling would be if you finished say the sculpting career AND the painting career before one RD and then did not do any work career-wise between RD #1 and #2. She still is going to do the work to cap the painting career even though the paintings were made earlier. I suppose it's kind of a grey area, but I am okay with it. But, the bottom line is that the self employment career (painting) is capped at the right time and not ahead of time and counted later.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #241 on: August 01, 2014, 03:54:32 PM »
So let me see if I get this straight:

I can make as many friends as I want but can only use one of those for the next RD the other friends are off limits for any future RD I have to make new ones from scratch.

I can save painting,produce,sculptures,inventions to be used in future careers.

I cannot save collectables to be used for future RDs I have to collect them at a particular time.

Questions:
Can I do say half the work towards a skill challenge over a length or time,making meals for the cooking challenges for example,and then just make the last few meals in order to complete it for a RD requirement.

If I happen to complete an extra skill challenge during the run up to a RD can I count that for the next RD or is that off limits now.

My queen or king dies is my game over or can I move in a townie to complete the domination.

Can I kick my king out and move in a townie.(I don't want to do that just interested to know)

Rachel

Please follow the forum rules.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #242 on: August 01, 2014, 04:02:14 PM »
Rachel,

I don't know what happens if your king or queen die, or whether you can get a new king. My understanding is that the two parents have to stick around for the whole challenge, but I don't know if there's a specific rule.

Yes, you can collect plants, etc.

However, if you do 3 skill challenges before the next Reproductive Day, you can count only 2 of them. It's a pain with something like painting where your 30th painting might get you 3 skill challenges if it's also your 5th Masterpiece, but that's the way it is.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #243 on: August 01, 2014, 04:07:21 PM »
So let me see if I get this straight:

I can make as many friends as I want but can only use one of those for the next RD the other friends are off limits for any future RD I have to make new ones from scratch.

I can save painting,produce,sculptures,inventions to be used in future careers.

I cannot save collectables to be used for future RDs I have to collect them at a particular time.

Yes to all these.

Questions:
Can I do say half the work towards a skill challenge over a length or time,making meals for the cooking challenges for example,and then just make the last few meals in order to complete it for a RD requirement.

Yes

If I happen to complete an extra skill challenge during the run up to a RD can I count that for the next RD or is that off limits now.

Any skill challenge you counted towards unlocking the next RD had to have ben completed after the last one, so no you cannot count an earlier one.

My queen or king dies is my game over or can I move in a townie to complete the domination.

No, you'd be done. A townie would mess up the whole mentality and the alien takeover thing hehe.

Can I kick my king out and move in a townie.(I don't want to do that just interested to know)

Same answer

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #244 on: August 01, 2014, 04:11:53 PM »
Thank you Marian and Metro. I think I may have to actually come up with a strategy rather then just winging it  ;D

Rachel.
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Tandrael

• Townie
« Reply #245 on: August 01, 2014, 07:26:11 PM »
Thank you all, I did see Lena's question and Metro's answer to the stockpiling, but just didn't get it, anyways, I think I got it now

About the house, can I build my own house, can I begin homeless then? Are there any requirements on how this first home should be, what it should have?
ˇPura vida!

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #246 on: August 01, 2014, 07:40:19 PM »
Yes you can start on empty lot and build your own home.

Rule:
Keep repeating this process until all empty lots have been filled with a home (the single exception would if you plan on building your own home on your starting lot, then you can leave that lot empty).

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #247 on: August 02, 2014, 07:56:13 AM »
I read through the entire thread and didn't really see a definite answer to this so I'll ask, I'm currently looking at Lunar Lakes and there is an empty 15x15 commercial lot, Nazca Lines Park, that I could change to residential and put a tiny 10x15 house on that is already in the town but would putting just a rabbit hole such as the Arboretum or Vault of Antiquity on that lot be allowed under the 5 lot rule?

The rules say do what you want with those five but usually you have to buy the lot to add a rabbithole in the other dynasties, not sure how it stands with this one.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #248 on: August 02, 2014, 08:04:03 AM »
Turoskel, you can do what you want with your 5 lots. You can bulldoze the lot and put a larger one there for the Arboretum or make it residential and put a house there. Or you can call it a Big Park or Hangout, so that it can be bought. If you've already placed your 5 lots, then you'll have to call it a Big Park or Hangout.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #249 on: August 02, 2014, 08:17:54 AM »
You can bulldoze the lot and put a larger one there for the Arboretum

See this is why I asked, I get from what you are saying you mean put a larger lot to place the Fae Ray gardens on, what I was wondering is can I enter the lot in build mode take the rabbithole from the community objects section and just plonk that down.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #250 on: August 02, 2014, 08:48:35 AM »
You can't use the community objects from build mode until one of your drones buys the lot. If you want to set up the Arboretum at the beginning of the game, you have to copy the lot from Moonlight Falls into your bin. But you'll still need a lot that's bigger than 15x15, won't you?

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #251 on: August 02, 2014, 08:58:29 AM »
So basically it's like the other dynasties, okay then I'll have a think about either replacing that lot with a larger one or if there's another community lot I can put it on later, it gets sold back when you do so I'll need to check I have enough left to buy for the drones if I do it that way.

No idea how far I will even get with this I just felt like trying  :D

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #252 on: August 02, 2014, 12:17:48 PM »
Will need bossman confirmation on this.  My opinion is that you can go into build mode and add the arboretum on a community lot, when you are done the empty lot will change to the arboretum icon.

Do whatever you want with the 5 lots, so that is my thinking I can do that.  Bossman, opinion?

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #253 on: August 02, 2014, 12:29:20 PM »
Okay thanks Nutella I'll wait and see what Metro says then.

Been testing some things with my saved alien, getting them out of CAS as an alien seems erratic, sometimes they come out as an alien all powers intact sometimes as a human that looks like an alien, it's taken me several tries to get both sims to stay alien sometimes just one did sometimes both turned human but it is at least possible to get a binned alien to stay that way if you have the patience to keep trying.

On the plus side clone vouchers work on them, I was debating if a fake alien might be better if they didn't work but thankfully they do.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #254 on: August 02, 2014, 12:35:49 PM »
Will need bossman confirmation on this.  My opinion is that you can go into build mode and add the arboretum on a community lot, when you are done the empty lot will change to the arboretum icon.

Do whatever you want with the 5 lots, so that is my thinking I can do that.  Bossman, opinion?

Agreed. Players basically have almost no restrictions at all on their five lots.

anything