Author Topic: You know you've played too much Sims when..  (Read 428871 times)

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
Re: You know you've played too much Sims when..
« Reply #1110 on: April 18, 2013, 05:21:38 PM »
I tend to do it with just about everything I'm obsessed with! I'm getting a budgie next weekend and everyday I tell my friends some new budgie fact and how many days it is until I get it  :P

When you check this forum every day like it's the morning paper.  :)

It's literally the first thing I do after I wake up and get out of bed. Everything seems to have new replies in the morning, probably because of time zones and stuff like that. It takes me at least ten minutes to read through stuff and maybe post some stuff myself.
It is actually like a newspaper to me because, most of the time, the only news I'm interested in is Simming news!
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Chuckles_82

« Reply #1111 on: April 18, 2013, 07:12:38 PM »
When you check this forum every day like it's the morning paper.  :)

No way. I don't read the paper nearly as often. I check the forum all day.

Me too!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #1112 on: April 18, 2013, 07:26:11 PM »
<sheepishly raises hand> Yeah...me too. Not in the morning since I have to get up so early for work, but the first thing when I come home. :)

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #1113 on: April 18, 2013, 07:38:51 PM »
No way. I don't read the paper nearly as often. I check the forum all day.
Honestly I do too. This is like the 3rd time I've posted in this thread today alone. Second or third lol. I also have the sims minimized while I'm reading the forums right now.  ;D

I had to go back and check lol. It's the second one today. Well, off to play some more.  ;D

Chuckles_82

« Reply #1114 on: April 18, 2013, 08:56:04 PM »
I also have the sims minimized while I'm reading the forums right now.  ;D

Me too lol  I always play in windowed mode - it's easier to switch between the forum, sims, and any other sims-related search that I may need to do!

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #1115 on: April 18, 2013, 08:59:26 PM »
Am I just incredibly spoiled? I usually play when my husband is asleep or not home, because his computer is the one that has it installed. So I use both screens--his to play the game and mine to keep the Forum open, as well as YouTube for music, and whatever else. I keep all my dynasty records on my computer as well and it's lovely to be able to just pull them up when I need to. On the rare occasions I play when he is awake and home, he's on my computer and it's very uncomfortable not to be able to reach over and distract myself from a save or load.

Yes, I've decided I'm very spoiled.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Chuckles_82

« Reply #1116 on: April 18, 2013, 09:09:18 PM »
I have my laptop too, if I want, but I like to play it this way. My desk just gets too crowed otherwise. I play intermittently throughout the day, but don't make much real progress while playing with the kids and housework and the like, but in the evenings I get a couple of hours of uninterrupted play.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #1117 on: April 19, 2013, 02:35:29 PM »
Must be spoiled lol. I only have one screen, and one computer. Although I'm sure If I had more I'd do that too!  ;D

Offline Gameactive

• Testing Cheats Enabler
  • Townie
  • “But making clichéd Sims is my specialty…”
« Reply #1118 on: April 26, 2013, 02:13:38 AM »
Am I just incredibly spoiled? I usually play when my husband is asleep or not home, because his computer is the one that has it installed. So I use both screens--his to play the game and mine to keep the Forum open, as well as YouTube for music, and whatever else. I keep all my dynasty records on my computer as well and it's lovely to be able to just pull them up when I need to. On the rare occasions I play when he is awake and home, he's on my computer and it's very uncomfortable not to be able to reach over and distract myself from a save or load.
I own a plethora of Nintendo systems all hooked into a television near my computer as well as a 3DS, so I hardly get bored waiting for the game to load. In fact, load times actually get too short because I want to finish the Grand Prix/Scarescraper I started while waiting for the game to boot up!

My computer's definitely above-par for gaming, but 7 expansions have made running the game on Windows XP a pain. But after I get Windows 7 and some more RAM installed, I'm wondering if a dual-monitor setup would help anything. My GPU probably wouldn't handle such a thing alongside running the game very well, but for those with beefier cards I'm offering that suggestion if you have a monitor to spare.

By the way, I won't be disposing XP. Some of the games I have are so ancient they won't run on newer operating systems. I'll likely set the computer up with dual-boot: I'll run Windows 7 just for playing The Sims 3! Yes, I feel that I am spoiled, too.
“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back!” - Cave Johnson, Portal 2
“You ought to upgrade to Windows 7!”, they said. “It’ll help your games run so much better!”, they said. If I see them again, then they had better know how to stabilize an on-the-fritz copy of The Sims 3 that was working just fine on Windows XP.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #1119 on: April 26, 2013, 06:49:41 PM »
I like XP too. But we were upgraded to Windows 7 a while ago now. There's a few of my old games won't run on Windows 7 either :(

Chuckles_82

« Reply #1120 on: April 26, 2013, 10:03:06 PM »
OH MY Gosh! It finally happened to me too. I saw someone who looked vaguely familiar, and realized he looked like a sim. Unfortunately for him he looked like a young adult Arlo Bunch. I had to pretend I was smirking at something cute my baby did!!

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #1121 on: April 27, 2013, 03:24:00 AM »
OH MY Gosh! It finally happened to me too. I saw someone who looked vaguely familiar, and realized he looked like a sim. Unfortunately for him he looked like a young adult Arlo Bunch. I had to pretend I was smirking at something cute my baby did!!
That must have been embarrassing!
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #1122 on: April 27, 2013, 03:52:39 AM »

Ooo, if only you could have taken a candid photo...

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #1123 on: April 28, 2013, 06:39:19 AM »
... when you're trying to get your Sim married to Agnes Crumplebottom and she works at the consignment store and you ask your non-Sim playing sister "What time does the consignment store close?" and she looks at you blankly and then you hit yourself for being so stupid!
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #1124 on: April 28, 2013, 10:36:02 AM »
When you have a dream that your logic immortal is somehow her elderly alien stepmother, and you're trying to do all the skill challenges and someone won't come to the chess tournament so you're driving all over town looking for him . . . and you can't find him . . . gah.
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty