Author Topic: The Ten-Gen Townie Dynasty Challenge  (Read 129703 times)

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
Re: The Ten-Gen Townie Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #195 on: October 14, 2017, 02:08:44 PM »
I try to get uncontrolled Sims on the verge of maxing a skill near the end of a free day and then queue up an action that will take them over the top once the free day is over. I thought the same concept would work for parties but I wanted to make sure.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #196 on: October 15, 2017, 10:13:35 PM »
I have a question about scoring satisfaction points and money added to household funds. I want to make sure I'm doing it right.

Example 1:

Starting household funds $10000. I increase funds to $40000 for 2 points. Then, I spend $5000, so it's down to $35000. My understanding is that I would need to make up the $5000 plus an additional $30000, getting to $70000, before I get the next two points. Is this correct? The same thing would apply for satisfaction points. I would need to increase the initial amount by 1000 point increments and any satisfaction points spent have to be made up. So, if I start with 1000 I only get points at 1000, 2000, 3000, etc.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #197 on: October 15, 2017, 10:47:04 PM »
I have a question about scoring satisfaction points and money added to household funds. I want to make sure I'm doing it right.

Example 1:

Starting household funds $10000. I increase funds to $40000 for 2 points. Then, I spend $5000, so it's down to $35000. My understanding is that I would need to make up the $5000 plus an additional $30000, getting to $70000, before I get the next two points. Is this correct? The same thing would apply for satisfaction points. I would need to increase the initial amount by 1000 point increments and any satisfaction points spent have to be made up. So, if I start with 1000 I only get points at 1000, 2000, 3000, etc.

You're right about the $30,000 addition, which is why you need to write down household funds as soon as you move in. But I think with satisfaction points, you can count a point any time you get 1000 points. For example, the requirements for the 3rd or 4th milestone of an aspiration will give you 1000 points. If you complete that requirement, you can count the 1000 points. And of course, you can add up the smaller whims as you go along. So if you spend 4000 points on the Never Weary reward (on a free day), you would reset the number at which you start counting.

The reasoning behind this is that your household funds are always changing, not only when you buy new furniture, but also when your Sims prepare a meal, start a painting, etc. It would be tedious to try to track all of that. But the satisfaction rewards tend to be priced in 500 or 1000 increments and can only be bought on free days, so you can reset your base number fairly easily. I hope that makes sense -- it's late here.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #198 on: October 15, 2017, 11:27:44 PM »
Thanks, Marian. That does make sense.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #199 on: November 01, 2017, 10:28:11 PM »
I had a very odd thing happen and I'm not sure what to do about it. I was placing my 3rd generation's items in the museum and 4 of generation 2's items disappeared. They didn't go into her personal inventory or into household inventory. I had used move objects to place the missing items because I wanted a certain look for the display, which I guess could have been the issue? I tried exiting without saving, but the items were still missing when I went back in. I'm not sure when they disappeared, but I know they were there when I first arrived. What should I do?

Editing to add that I do have a screen shot of the collection.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #200 on: November 02, 2017, 09:37:54 AM »
I had a very odd thing happen and I'm not sure what to do about it. I was placing my 3rd generation's items in the museum and 4 of generation 2's items disappeared. They didn't go into her personal inventory or into household inventory. I had used move objects to place the missing items because I wanted a certain look for the display, which I guess could have been the issue? I tried exiting without saving, but the items were still missing when I went back in. I'm not sure when they disappeared, but I know they were there when I first arrived. What should I do?

Editing to add that I do have a screen shot of the collection.

I would say not to worry about it. It might have happened because you used the move objects cheat, but also sometimes things just glitch. So long as you had 10 at the time, that's fine.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #201 on: November 02, 2017, 11:25:25 AM »
Thanks, Marian. It will still bug me that those frogs are missing, but I guess I'll have to get over it.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #202 on: November 02, 2017, 11:28:54 AM »
I remember one of my first Immortal Dynasty attempts way back when resulted in a fail because of missing museum pieces, but it was my own fault, not a glitch. Hard to believe that was 7 years ago.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #203 on: November 02, 2017, 12:25:19 PM »
I think it happened because I was trying out different paint colors on the wall which was near, but not adjacent to, the missing items. I've had that happen before with adjacent walls, but the items have always gone into household inventory. I guess on a community lot they just disappear.

Offline Tynynounours

• Occult
« Reply #204 on: November 03, 2017, 07:00:17 AM »
Well, someone drank (or threw away?) all my museum drinks despite them not being accessibles. I'm guessing a red cordon doesn't stop sims when there's no one around to look at them. So I think screenning every heir when they put their collection may be a good thing.

It's not really important as I epicly failed because I later broke all clubs-related rules at once. (Now, I won't skip any thinking I'll never use them...) On the good side, the challenge helped me learn so much about the game I felt confident enough to try to use clubs...

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Watcher
« Reply #205 on: November 08, 2017, 09:32:39 AM »
With the additions of the Pets expansions all spreadsheets for the Dynasties will be gone through and updated as fast as possible.
If you have seen anything missing in the spreadsheets, or not working, please PM me right away so I can add the items to my todo list.
Thanks all :)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #206 on: November 08, 2017, 10:13:15 AM »
Added:

-5 points for every child or pet taken by the Social Worker

Offline Shmeggo

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #207 on: November 19, 2017, 05:45:41 PM »
I have a quick question regarding changing the footprint of the house: Are we able to add rooms so long as we use the existing interior space and don't change the exterior shape of the house, or are adding rooms prohibited?

Also, I just wanted to verify that we can change anything in the interior of the house, i.e. paint, furniture, flooring, etc.

Thank you in advance.  :) I'm really enjoying this challenge so far!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #208 on: November 19, 2017, 09:31:29 PM »
I have a quick question regarding changing the footprint of the house: Are we able to add rooms so long as we use the existing interior space and don't change the exterior shape of the house, or are adding rooms prohibited?

Also, I just wanted to verify that we can change anything in the interior of the house, i.e. paint, furniture, flooring, etc.

Thank you in advance.  :) I'm really enjoying this challenge so far!

Glad you're enjoying it! Yes, as long as your changes stay inside the house, you can do anything.

Offline cyclonenic

• Townie
« Reply #209 on: November 20, 2017, 06:10:14 AM »
Does the 1 pt for good friends still only include sims and not pets?