Author Topic: The Kindle Random Town Jump  (Read 3925 times)

Offline amaranthin

• Occult
Re: The Kindle Random Town Jump
« Reply #150 on: October 01, 2019, 01:38:58 PM »
My TJ game is NOT co-operating with me much in passing along the genetics I married the MH townie kids for!
And as for the already existing family genetics, those are either showing up in the spare branches or not at all. :(
14 children in gen 9, granted 5 of those stayed in the last town, so that's 9 for the current town and not one of them has the Frio auburn hair.
And Dashing Desmond's turquoise hair showed up in both spare branches, along with either a random or throwback blonde!
And only one fairy in the 7 kids it could have shown up, luckily that is in the main branch so he'll be moving to the next town.
But since he didn't get his father's unique MH skin tone, probably as a spare, even though he has the more interesting traits so far.

Oh, well that's part of the fun of the town jump challenge, but my money's on Harvey for passing some of those dreamy genetics on! lol

I'm sorry you've been having such inconsistent luck! That's so frustrating. My fingers are crossed that you'll have better luck from now on!

Offline amaranthin

• Occult
« Reply #151 on: October 01, 2019, 01:48:33 PM »
Chapter 55 – Waxing Poetic

Screenshot-88.jpg

Harvey gets a warm welcome into the Kindle family. As soon as he tucks into bed in his new home for the first time, Caspian does the only logical thing: he sneaks up on the new kid to give him a good scare. Ha ha, you’ll see how welcome you REALLY are, fool!

Screenshot-89.jpg

“Wait. THAT’S who Rose is going to marry? Wow...his genetics are fantastic...”

And so, Harvey’s beauty distracts Caspian from his prank, and the old man shuffles along to bed like the good uncle he is. At least, I can’t think of any other reason.

Screenshot-101.jpg

Michaela and Skyler are happily married and deeply in love, if you were wondering.

Screenshot-107.jpg

Plus, now that Nile and Gladys are gone, there’s some space in the household. Skyler and Michaela decide to get started on their first child.

Screenshot-103.jpg

Rose is still doing well in her criminal career…except when she gets arrested. On her second day of work. I guess she’s not actually doing very well. The notification that comes up when she gets thrown in jail says, “We don’t want you using your Class Valedictorian to escape.” Mmhmm, okay.

Screen Shot 2019-09-14 at 9.37.04 PM.jpg

Here’s an interesting fact about our friend Harvey. He has two girlfriends! That’s right, this good little boy isn’t as good as he seems. This whole time he’s been having a side fling—a rather serious one, apparently—with Karina Vasquez-Arellano. I’ve never seen this kind of glitch before. It’s pretty impressive.

Screenshot-98.jpg

Needless to say, this needs taking care of. Harvey calls up Karina and meets her in town, where he pulls off the band-aid.

“Sorry, Karina, but we have to break up. I’m committed to my true love since birth, Desert Rose Kindle.”

“What?! But I’m already married to some other guy!”

Yes, that guy in yellow is Karina’s husband. This glitch is even MORE impressive on Karina’s end. I appreciate yellow guy’s attempt at sympathy for this situation, but really, shouldn’t he be dancing for joy over there?

Anyway, with that taken care of, it’s time to make things more official between Harvey and Rose. That afternoon, Rose calls Harvey and tells him to meet her in the park by City Hall. “I’ll meet you there as soon as I get out of jail, okay? Just hang tight!”

Screenshot-5.jpg

I don’t know if Harvey is crying because his girlfriend just called him from prison and spoke as if she called him from the spa, or because he has to wait for her outside, in the great outdoors, without walls or a ceiling to protect him from things like flowers and sunshine. Either way…let’s just give him a moment.

Screenshot-6.jpg

Whilst Rose is still en route to the park, my camera jumps over to Michaela. She’s pregnant with the first next-generation Kindle!

Screenshot-17.jpg

Okay, back to the park.

“There you are, my darling! I was worried you would never get out of there, and that I would get devoured by a prickly pear cactus, or—"
“You can’t possibly get devoured by a prickly pear cactus, you idiot. You are looking a bit sunburned, though.”
“No! It can’t be! I—"
“I’m just kidding, babe, jeez!”

Poor Neurotic, Dramatic Harvey, having to contend with an Unflirty, Evil Rose. This should be an interesting relationship.

Screenshot-18.jpg

Harvey: “My delicate flower, I was hoping we would have a moment alone together, in which I might have the chance to tell you how ardently I ado—“
Rose: “Hold that thought.”

Screenshot-21.jpg

Rose: “To save us several minutes of poetic agony, let’s just do this my way. You want to marry me, or what?”

Screenshot-23.jpg

Harvey: “Oh, yes, yes, my heart and my only, YES!”

Screenshot-26.jpg

Harvey: “And this diamond, it sparkles like your eyes! No, like my heart! No, like OUR LOVE, which shall sparkle forevermore!”
Rose: *eyes sparkling wickedly*

Screenshot-29.jpg

This moment of romance is a bit too much for Harvey, apparently. As soon as the proposal is over, he breaks down into tears and starts sniffling and sobbing like a child.

Harvey: “I’m sorry, my blooming beauty––I merely have a speck of sand in my eye…"

Screenshot-31.jpg

“…or perhaps it is your startling beauty and the thought of having you as my very own for the rest of eternity that is so overwhelming! Ah, sweet romance, the balm of life, the epitome of—”

Screenshot-34.jpg

Rose: *cracks knuckles* “All right, let’s just get married and have done with it. There’s a bridge over there. Let’s go.”

Screenshot-38.jpg

And so Desert Rose Kindle and Harvey Northrop-Bellamore tie the knot in a private ceremony at dusk in Lucky Palms.

Screenshot-40.jpg

Harvey’s vows are lengthy and rhapsodic.

“Oh, my Desert Rose, your beauty and your valor weaken my knees and soothe my nervous soul. Your wickedness serves only to seduce me further and cause me to love—and fear—you more. I long to care for you always, to tremble under your serene magnificence, to play symphonies in your name. I promise to influence you, albeit fruitlessly, with the truths of Goodness, and to be a reluctant accessory to your Evil doings whenever you have need of me. This I vow.”

Screenshot-41.jpg

Rose's vows are little snappier. “Harvey, I like you. Sometimes I don’t mind putting my lips on you, which is weird, but whatever. The point is, you are the only person I could tolerate for the rest of my life. I promise to use my wicked ways to protect you from all that you fear, which is literally everything, and I promise that when I am Empress of Evil, you shall rein at my side in a strictly ceremonial role. This I vow.”

Screenshot-48.jpg

Awww. These two are complete opposites in almost every imaginable aspect, but their love is still adorable—in a twisted, nonsensical, messed-up sort of way.

Screenshot-46.jpg

Congratulations to the newest Mr. and Mrs. Kindle!

Screenshot-60.jpg

The newlyweds return home to their bedroom, where they spend the night together as husband and wife.

Screenshot-75.jpg

And with that…our time in Lucky Palms has come to a close. These five strapping young'uns (plus one more young'un, as yet unborn) will be proceeding to the next town. I’ve decided to let Caspian and Francine remain in Lucky Palms while they still have some time left.

Screenshot-77.jpg

Everyone says goodbye to Caspian and Francine—especially Clover, who will never see her parents again. (Fun fact: as I’m having Francine and Clover say their goodbyes, I accidentally click “Ask to Form band” without realizing. Apparently, once the “Ask to Form band” interaction starts, you’re not allowed to cancel it. So I am FORCED, BY THE GAME, to form a band with Francine and Clover, called The Shrubberies, and the last thing Clover says to her mother is something along the lines of “OMG I can’t wait till we get a gig, yo!” and I do not stop laughing for about ten solid minutes when this happens. The end.)

And where are the younger Kindles moving to? You’ll have to find out in the next chapter. Toodle-oo!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline deedee_828

• Occult
« Reply #152 on: October 01, 2019, 03:21:37 PM »
Wonderful couples both of them! Harvey and Rose are just too funny together.
And that photo of Harvey and Rose's wedding ceremony on the bridge is so romantic.
Some of my wedding arch ceremonies aren't even close to that beautiful! I'll definitely have to remember that spot in Lucky Palms.

I did have a question though, how do you take pictures of the relationship panel?

Would that work for messages from SP or phone calls too?

Sometimes they are just too funny and I'd love to get photos of those too!

Online Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Oh, she wanna creep like ivy?
« Reply #153 on: October 01, 2019, 03:55:00 PM »
You were unprepared for the unexpected band, and I was unprepared for Harvey's weird polyamory situation. The things that even NRaas Story Progression refuses to tell us huh!

I did have a question though, how do you take pictures of the relationship panel?

You have to do it in windowed mode and not fullscreen. I use Snipping Tool (Windows' screenshot program) to select the part of the screen I want to capture.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / DecaDynasty

Offline amaranthin

• Occult
« Reply #154 on: October 01, 2019, 04:04:14 PM »
Wonderful couples both of them! Harvey and Rose are just too funny together.
And that photo of Harvey and Rose's wedding ceremony on the bridge is so romantic.
Some of my wedding arch ceremonies aren't even close to that beautiful! I'll definitely have to remember that spot in Lucky Palms.

Thank you so much! I've been waiting to use that spot for a wedding for a while, and it turned out even better than I'd hoped. My only tip for scenic private weddings is to use teleport to get your sims in a good spot (unless you're playing a challenge that forbids all cheating). And to pause often, in order to adjust camera angles obsessively and take 10 million screenshots. :)

Trip is exactly right––windowed mode is the key to screenshots of the user interface. I have a mac, so I just use the keyboard shortcut command-shift-4, which brings up a tool that allows me to click and drag around the area of the screen I want a picture of.

You were unprepared for the unexpected band, and I was unprepared for Harvey's weird polyamory situation. The things that even NRaas Story Progression refuses to tell us huh!

I know, right?! SP is just full of surprises. I think my town got extra glitchy by the end because I played there for so long. Hopefully the next town will run smoother for a while.

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
  • The Labelles shall overtake!
« Reply #155 on: October 01, 2019, 10:07:44 PM »
I'm not going to lie, Harvey has to be one of the cutest townie sims (both personality and genetics wise) I have ever seen. I love him, I absolutely love him. Desert Rose and Harvey are an interesting pair. I can't way to see how their relationship plays out and of course, their nooboos!

Offline amaranthin

• Occult
« Reply #156 on: October 03, 2019, 10:55:45 AM »
I'm not going to lie, Harvey has to be one of the cutest townie sims (both personality and genetics wise) I have ever seen. I love him, I absolutely love him. Desert Rose and Harvey are an interesting pair. I can't way to see how their relationship plays out and of course, their nooboos!

I love him too. A very lot. Nooboos are not far away, don't worry! :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline amaranthin

• Occult
« Reply #157 on: October 03, 2019, 11:15:14 AM »
Chapter 56 – On the Road Again

Screenshot-90.jpg

Just before the family gets on the road to the next town, Rose makes a stop at the Blooming Cactus Bistro to use their telescope. Maybe she can see far enough to spot where they’re headed?

“Come on, skyscrapers…just show me some skyscrapers…”

But there are no skyscrapers. Just some windmills and rolling green pastures and—

Screenshot-91.jpg

“GYAHH! Riverview?! That’s a FARMING COMMUNITY! I don’t want to be the empress of evil in a farming community!”

Screenshot-93.jpg

Rose takes a moment to pull herself together, breathing heavily.

Screenshot-98.jpg

Then she looks straight at me.

“But...I thought we were going to Bridgeport. It’s the perfect place for an Empress of Evil! I could’ve made minions out of vampires and celebrities! And Harvey HATES being outdoors…farms are his least favorite places on earth!”

Screenshot-99.jpg

Of course, there’s no going back now. This is a Random Town Jump, not a Whatever Town You Want Jump. I would’ve loved to see Rose and Harvey take on Bridgeport as well, but the dice had other plans. Riverview it is!

Screenshot-108.jpg

So we say farewell at last to beautiful Lucky Palms. I will miss this place, if only for its stunning beauty and to-die-for sunsets. I hope to see you again one day, Lucky Palms.

Screenshot-118.jpg

The Kindles make the long drive out of the desert and into the lush green fields of Riverview.

Screenshot-120.jpg

They settle into this farmhouse on a quiet lot outside of town—a fair distance from the downtown area, but very close to a number of neighborhood houses (which I realize, after settling in, are almost all empty).

Screenshot-121.jpg

Here’s the upstairs of the house. Three bedrooms, one bathroom, and a cozy lounge area with foosball, a dartboard, and a chess table.

Screenshot-122.jpg

Downstairs, a spacious foyer with a reading corner, a second bathroom, a study/office, a nursery, and a brightly-lit kitchen and dining room.

Screenshot-124.jpg

The Kindles set about discovering their new home right away. Clover makes a beeline for the dartboard; Skyler gives foosball a try.

Screenshot-125.jpg

We accidentally left Neptune the blowfish in Lucky Palms, but luckily, Skyler still has an abundance of caught fish in his inventory because I am lazy and never clean out inventories except when forced. A close relative of Neptune is chosen and placed in a shiny new fishbowl. Everyone, meet Evelyn, the new family pet!

Screenshot-127.jpg

Desert Rose goes straight for the new martial arts equipment in the front yard, but Harvey soon interrupts her, suggesting that they try out their new master bedroom. (Has anyone else noticed that Rose’s eyebrows shrink whenever she’s in martial arts gear? It's creepy. I don't like it.)

Screenshot-130.jpg

Speaking of romantic activities…something horrible has happened. Something truly, truly horrible. Since we left Caspian and Francine behind in Lucky Palms, they have been severed from the family tree, leaving Clover afloat in, uh, the forest without a tree, so to speak. The game no longer recognizes her as a member of the family. So what does she do? She goes straight over to her (admittedly attractive) cousin Skyler and starts flirting with him. :o

Screenshot-131.jpg

And—horror of horrors—Skyler RECIPROCATES! You are a married man, Skyler! At least Clover is single!

In a panic, I send Clover out into town to start getting to know some other men. I was really hoping Clover would find a lover on her own and a romance would grow organically, but clearly, she needs a nudge in the right direction. A big nudge. Immediately. Before anything worse happens.

Screenshot-132.jpg

The first townie she meets is Sherman Bagley.

Clover: "Hi! I'm Clover. I'm a pilot, I like to beat people up in a friendly manner, and I'm trying to get over a crush on my cousin. So what do you do?"

Sherman is attracted to her in spite of this rather clumsy speech. The two of them chat for a bit, until another bachelor shows up and steals the show.

Screenshot-134.jpg

That other bachelor is George Dean. He and Clover hit it off too, and it’s George that Clover pops a wish to go on a date with. Target acquired! I’m glad, because George is one of my favorite Riverview townies. He's athletic like Clover, he's a cop, he's good and family-oriented...he's perfect. I support this wholeheartedly.

Screenshot-135.jpg

He accepts flowers from Clover without a second thought (too bad there wasn’t an option to give him some clover...heh). For a girl who’s never gone on a date in her life, Clover really knows what she's doing!

Screenshot-137.jpg

Ah, yes. I know that look. And that handsome smile! *sigh*

Screenshot-138.jpg

Awwwww, look how happy Clover is! See, aren’t you glad I pushed you out of the house, honey? You can do so much better than Skyler.

Screenshot-140.jpg

George and Clover share their first kiss and decide to go steady. This all happens in, like, less than an hour in-game. A little fast for my taste, but this is an emergency situation.

Screenshot-146.jpg

Oh hey, there’s another emergency situation happening back at home!

Screenshot-147.jpg

After a quick trip to Country Care General Hospital, Skyler and Michaela leave with their brand new son. Welcome to the family, Hunter Kindle!

Online Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #158 on: October 03, 2019, 11:45:11 AM »
They went to Riverview so the cousin love looked more normal

Name a more iconic duo than TS3 and broken family trees, I'll wait.

Ugh I just had a martial artist sim lose his eyebrows completely (!!!) in his martial arts gear. It's awful! I actually didn't notice it on Rose until you pointed it out. :P

Offline deedee_828

• Occult
« Reply #159 on: October 03, 2019, 02:41:47 PM »
Oh, inappropriate family attraction is also an iconic duo for TS3!

In my TJ game, the ones I keep seeing are the ancient family ghosts and the new married in spouses happily chatting away with the mutual hearts around them.
It's typically been Jared, no surprise there, but when I found ghostly Adam and Dahlia (8th gen spouse!) together I just shook my head in horror as his actions made me realize he IS Jared's grandson after all!
Straight-laced Adam, who is supposed to be pining away for the love of his life Sophie, he has crushed me.
As for Dahlia, I chalk it up to her insanity, she did kiss her father-in-law right after she became a young adult and was still an inactive!
And if I'm not careful, she may do it again----I try to make sure Samuel's busy with his grandchildren when they visit.
And that's not the only inappropriate family attraction, several of my married in female spouses were constantly hitting on or flirting with their sons-in-law!
Keep a sharp eye out for sims who are Insane, Hopelessly Romantic, Great Kissers, Inappropriate, wow, the list keeps getting longer an longer.

I may have to see if there's a setting in NRaas SP to stop those---though it does make for some interesting family drama!

As for Clover and George, hurray!
George Dean is also one of my favorite pre-made sims, but watch out for his hidden trait!
In my Farmacy game all five of his children inherited it and cause havoc with it all over town.

I've never noticed martial arts having an affect on sim's eyebrows but it has given some of my male sims glasses.
And they've actually looked so nice, I've added them to everyday and other outfits.
But what I find funny is that most of my male sims who are into martial arts wear socks!
I could probably remove them, but it makes me laugh so I've let it be.

Congrats on the newest Kindle! Welcome Hunter!
Now when will your cousin show up?

Offline amaranthin

• Occult
« Reply #160 on: October 05, 2019, 12:39:36 PM »
They went to Riverview so the cousin love looked more normal

Name a more iconic duo than TS3 and broken family trees, I'll wait.

Ugh I just had a martial artist sim lose his eyebrows completely (!!!) in his martial arts gear. It's awful! I actually didn't notice it on Rose until you pointed it out.

I laughed so hard at this. You have no idea.

Oh, inappropriate family attraction is also an iconic duo for TS3!

In my TJ game, the ones I keep seeing are the ancient family ghosts and the new married in spouses happily chatting away with the mutual hearts around them.
It's typically been Jared, no surprise there, but when I found ghostly Adam and Dahlia (8th gen spouse!) together I just shook my head in horror as his actions made me realize he IS Jared's grandson after all!
Straight-laced Adam, who is supposed to be pining away for the love of his life Sophie, he has crushed me.
As for Dahlia, I chalk it up to her insanity, she did kiss her father-in-law right after she became a young adult and was still an inactive!
And if I'm not careful, she may do it again----I try to make sure Samuel's busy with his grandchildren when they visit.
And that's not the only inappropriate family attraction, several of my married in female spouses were constantly hitting on or flirting with their sons-in-law!
Keep a sharp eye out for sims who are Insane, Hopelessly Romantic, Great Kissers, Inappropriate, wow, the list keeps getting longer an longer.

I may have to see if there's a setting in NRaas SP to stop those---though it does make for some interesting family drama!

As for Clover and George, hurray!
George Dean is also one of my favorite pre-made sims, but watch out for his hidden trait!
In my Farmacy game all five of his children inherited it and cause havoc with it all over town.

I've never noticed martial arts having an affect on sim's eyebrows but it has given some of my male sims glasses.
And they've actually looked so nice, I've added them to everyday and other outfits.
But what I find funny is that most of my male sims who are into martial arts wear socks!
I could probably remove them, but it makes me laugh so I've let it be.

Congrats on the newest Kindle! Welcome Hunter!
Now when will your cousin show up?

Wow, what a mess of messes you've experienced in your games! My deepest sympathies...or, congrats? ;D

Thanks for the warning about George's hidden trait! I forgot about that. I've never seen pyromaniacs autonomously light things on fire––have I just been unlucky? :(

I've seen glasses appear with Martial Arts outfits too––I totally forgot. I vaguely remember making a joke about that in some past story. At least it's a comical glitch and it doesn't affect the game very much.

Hunter won't be the only nooboo for long, don't worry!

Offline amaranthin

• Occult
« Reply #161 on: October 05, 2019, 01:08:07 PM »
Chapter 57 – Clink

Screenshot-2.jpg

As Desert Rose sprints out of the house to her first day as a Riverview criminal (she’s late due to, um, getting busy with Harvey), Skyler is hit with a surprise birthday. For a split second I panic and wonder if he’s aging up to elder, but nope! He’s just an adult.

Screenshot-48.jpg

Possibly due to my freakout, Skyler has a midlife crisis. When he wishes to grow some facial hair, I happily oblige. He looks very sophisticated with a beard. Like a kind pediatrician. Or a benevolent chemist who's secretly trying to bring back the plague. What?

Screenshot-6.jpg

Rose gets arrested midway through her first shift. I think she’s having a hard time adjusting to the country underworld. Or she's just losing her enthusiasm.

“So this is my life now.” *sigh*

Screenshot-10.jpg

She spends the night in jail, crashes into bed afterward, and wakes up a couple hours later feeling ill. I wouldn’t be feeling well either after a whole night in the clink.

Screenshot-16.jpg

Meanwhile, Harvey is making great progress on learning his instruments. He prefers to be indoors, but I force him to withstand the countryside air sometimes so he can get to know the locals. I never thought I’d see Hunter Cottoneye dancing a jig in front of a busker, but here we are.

Screenshot-17.jpg

Rose goes back to the criminal warehouse that night. About five minutes into her shift, she reappears a different woman. Desert Rose is pregnant!

Screenshot-20.jpg

…And she’s really excited about it? I’m going to go hide under the bed now.

Screenshot-21.jpg

Rose heads home, where Harvey sees her and immediately flies into a panic.

“My darling dahlia, what are you doing home?! Did the goons release you from their service?! Are you on the run from the police?! Were you given a new uniform that you disapprove of?! Why are you wearing sweatpants?! Are they going to—”

Screenshot-24.jpg

“Relax, babe. I’m just pregnant.”
“Oh, thank goodness. I mean—how splendid!”

Don’t worry, he’s genuinely excited. For pure, wholesome reasons, not nefarious reasons like Rose is.

Screenshot-27.jpg

Rose starts practicing for motherhood right away.

“All right, kiddo. Are you ready for your first lesson about the real world? Are ya?”

Screenshot-28.jpg

“IT’S CRUEL. Hahaha!”

Oh, Rose…you awful, awful person.

Screenshot-37.jpg

At least Hunter has a loving mother to compensate for his not-so-loving aunt. (In all honesty, Michaela tends to sit at the computer all day like the couch potato she is and ignore her son’s cries, but we don’t talk about that.)

Screenshot-39.jpg

Soon, it’s time for Hunter to become a toddler!

Screenshot-41.jpg

Aaaand the Sargeant cheekbones are back. And the Clavier eyes and nose. And the original Kindle hair! I was convinced those things would die with this generation. The only thing that Hunter seems to have gotten from his mother is the skin tone—you’ll notice he’s a bit pale-and-rosy in comparison with his daddy. In any case, he’s a cutie. Hunter is a Good Couch Potato—a true son of Skyler and Michaela—and his favorite things are Kids music, Frogs Legs, and Blue.

Screenshot-49.jpg

Okay, he looks so much like Gladys it’s alarming. And look how much he loves his yeti! Awww.

Screenshot-43.jpg

Clover is happy and thriving, by the way. She’s gotten so good at the training dummy that I sometimes catch her in wild midair positions like this one.

Screenshot-45.jpg

This woman is a beast. I really should have her and Rose spar more often…

Screenshot-29.jpg

And George is over at the house several times a week. He and Clover have a very passionate relationship. (Let’s hope that fiery passion is constrained to the two of them and doesn’t pass on to the furniture or anything.)

Screenshot-52.jpg

Rose’s pregnancy goes smoothly enough, although you can tell that Rose isn’t particularly comfortable having to waddle around like an overweight duck. To help her pregnancy along, she gets a special comfy chair in front of a special cheap TV, both of which will disappear once her pregnancy's over.

Michaela: “Is that the kids channel? Why would you ever want to watch that?”
Rose: “I don’t know…I mean, there are only three channels on this TV, for one thing, but also it’s weirdly hypnotizing…”

Screenshot-58.jpg

Rose is indeed in front of that TV when she goes into labor. Instead of shrieking with pain immediately, though, she first stands up and stretches with this beautiful facial expression.

“Hmph. Here we go, I guess.”

Screenshot-59.jpg

Harvey takes care of the panic part.

Screenshot-64.jpg

Rose: “So…honey, where’s the car?”
Harvey: “Huh? Oh, I thought YOU were taking ME to the hospital.”

Screenshot-69.jpg

A few hours later, Rose and Harvey emerge from the hospital with two baby daughters. Two! Girls! I can’t believe it! (Except I totally can, because I totally planned it.) Everyone say hello to Aria and Dawn Kindle.

Screenshot-73.jpg

I’m starting to think I should have waited a while before allowing Rose to be a mother.

Harvey: “Careful, my pretty petal! That is not the recommended baby transport method suggested by Totally Pregg—”
Rose: “I know what I’m doing, Harvey. This method is perfectly acceptable!”

Oi. We’ve got some exciting times ahead of us. See you in the next one!

Offline deedee_828

• Occult
« Reply #162 on: October 05, 2019, 02:08:19 PM »
I love twins! Can't wait to see if one of them gets Harvey's gorgeous red hair!
And I love how he addresses Rose, so poetic, calling her 'dahlia' and 'petal', what a clueless sweetie he is!

Oh any update on Leonard and co. being up on the swap shop?
Or possible being messaged to me?
My Farmacy gen 3 just became children and they could use a friend!
A nice looking boy who becomes a heartthrob when he grows up......

Online Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #163 on: October 05, 2019, 04:09:07 PM »
@hazelnut had a lot of pyromaniacs in her decadynasty and it was madness, but they can also turn fruit into flame fruit, in case you have a gardener. Inactive pyros are interesting with NRaas story progression because you can enable arson! I actually had a town pyro in my town jump already (Zac Whipsnake of Appaloosa Plains is another one) and I got frequent little notifications of him burning stuff in other people's houses. I think they target just one object at a time in that scenario. He didn't affect my family so maybe that can be a healthy compromise for Clover and George's kids.

Who needs a ouija board when Corrie can say a whole lot to the family with dem cheekbones coming back. And no one said that Aria and Dawn are free from it either!

Offline amaranthin

• Occult
« Reply #164 on: October 08, 2019, 05:47:51 PM »
I love twins! Can't wait to see if one of them gets Harvey's gorgeous red hair!
And I love how he addresses Rose, so poetic, calling her 'dahlia' and 'petal', what a clueless sweetie he is!

Oh any update on Leonard and co. being up on the swap shop?
Or possible being messaged to me?
My Farmacy gen 3 just became children and they could use a friend!
A nice looking boy who becomes a heartthrob when he grows up......

I love twins too! ;D They're my favorite. And I absolutely adore Harvey's character. He has such a fun combination of traits that makes writing him really easy.

I just uploaded Leonard and co. to the Swap Shop at long last! I'm so sorry for the delay. I hope you enjoy them!

@hazelnut had a lot of pyromaniacs in her decadynasty and it was madness, but they can also turn fruit into flame fruit, in case you have a gardener. Inactive pyros are interesting with NRaas story progression because you can enable arson! I actually had a town pyro in my town jump already (Zac Whipsnake of Appaloosa Plains is another one) and I got frequent little notifications of him burning stuff in other people's houses. I think they target just one object at a time in that scenario. He didn't affect my family so maybe that can be a healthy compromise for Clover and George's kids.

Who needs a ouija board when Corrie can say a whole lot to the family with dem cheekbones coming back. And no one said that Aria and Dawn are free from it either!

I had no idea the pyromaniac trait was so active. Or that arson was an option in NRaas SP. I am learning so many wonderful things.

I know, right? Those cheekbones are this family's persistent ghost, or something. Or the skeleton in the closet? Heh heh.

Offline amaranthin

• Occult
« Reply #165 on: October 08, 2019, 05:56:55 PM »
Chapter 58 – Eyeballs

(There’s a lot of toddler spam in this chapter. You have been warned. Beware!)

Screenshot-75.jpg

Harvey, Clover, Desert Rose, and Michaela are settling in to life in Riverview. They have wildly different schedules, for the most part (Michaela and Clover work early and spend the evenings skilling; Rose works late at night and sleeps at random times; Harvey plays his instruments approximately 20 hours a day, only pausing to eat, change a diaper, or hop in the Motive Mobile), but once in a great while they see each other for a shared meal.

Screenshot-77.jpg

And surprisingly, Rose is quickly adjusting to motherhood. Her evil antics at the expense of her nephew have not yet transferred to her daughters. She adores them.

Screenshot-80.jpg

She’s even taken to Hunter a little bit, even if Hunter remains deathly afraid of her.

Screenshot-84.jpg

He’s not afraid of anyone else, though. Aunt Clover is always around to take care of him. Her Nurturing trait is already showing up.

Screenshot-79.jpg

The one thing Hunter really seems to dislike is pooping. And that’s all I have to say about this picture.

Screenshot-98.jpg

Hunter is a popular guy. Even with two babies in the next room, everybody just wants to take Hunter out of his high chair when he’s done eating his ground-up pancakes.

Screenshot-83.jpg

Now that her son is a growing toddler, Michaela is free to become a growing adult. (She happens to be over at the McDermott house when she ages up. Obviously, she’s scouting out potential spouses. Can’t start too early!)

Screenshot-85.jpg

When they’re not at work, the grownups stay busy with skilling and keeping fit. Clover and Rose both have to work out for their jobs; Skyler just wants to see how many people can work out in front of the same stereo at the same time.

Screenshot-87.jpg

Harold Lansing: “Oh, MY! Three sims exercising all at once! I wasn’t aware that this was permitted by the game code!”

(The jury’s still out on whether you can have four. Michaela wouldn’t budge from the couch to join them.)

Screenshot-90.jpg

Harvey is making great progress in learning four instruments. That smug face is the result of him maxing out the guitar skill. Next, it’s time for…

Screenshot-91.jpg

…the bass! He’s clearly still a beginner, because he doesn’t even realize that his bass is invisible. Do you think he dropped it? 8)

Screenshot-92.jpg

All right, I won’t make you wait any longer. Let’s see what these baby girls look like! Are you ready for the big reveal? Michaela’s ready for the big reveal!

Screenshot-93.jpg

Rose is not ready. I think she’s in denial or something.

Screenshot-94.jpg

Anyway, here’s Aria! Aria is basically a clone of her mother, minus the Evil part. Yup, she’s Good, and she also Loves the Outdoors. Her favorite things are Hip Hop music, Fried Peanut Butter & Banana Sandwiches, and the color Yellow.

Screenshot-95.jpg

And here is Dawn! Yes, the Kindle hair has returned once again. Other than that, Dawn looks almost identical to her sister. Dawn is Artistic and Neurotic, and she likes Chinese music, Mac and Cheese, and Hot Pink.

So neither girl inherited anything from Harvey. :( I’m just as sad as you are. These girls are 100% Kindle, which I guess is okay. They are who they are. Maybe the red hair and icy blue eyes will come back in a future generation—or show up in the next child, if Rose and Harvey decide to have a third. (I confess: I was very, very close to just changing one of their hair colors to Harvey’s and being like “Wow, look, a redhead!”. But that would’ve been very uncool. So here we are.)

Screenshot-101.jpg

Talking lessons start right away. I actually didn’t realize at the time that I gave both girls the same hairstyle. Oopsies. We’re deprived of good toddler hairstyles, okay? This is like the only cute one!

Screenshot-102.jpg

Hunter gets a lesson, too. He looks less enthused.

Screenshot-103.jpg

There are also potty lessons. Why do I always insist on taking so many potty pictures? Yes, they’re cute, but also WHY?

While we’re showing pictures of Dawn…Dawn has a bit of an oddity about her. She really likes to stab herself in the eye with things. I have TWO examples, which is a lot for a toddler who can only interact with a handful of objects.

Screenshot-106.jpg

Here she is trying to suck milk out of a bottle with her eyeball…

Screenshot-115.jpg

…and here she is thrusting a xylophone mallet into her eye socket. I mean, I know she’s Neurotic, but should it really be developing this early? And this violently?

Screenshot-110.jpg

Aria seems to be completely normal so far. Look at that sweet little face!

Screenshot-107.jpg

Like I said, Rose is proving to be a wonderful mother at this early stage. She may have a certain over-fondness for Attacking with the Claw, but a lot of new parents learn this to be true about themselves under the stress of parenting.

Screenshot-121.jpg

Okay…once in a while, Rose shows signs of wickedness. Like when Dawn starts crying in front of the potty and Rose spends a few moments cackling before scooping her daughter up and putting her to bed. Just a few moments. But…still.

Screenshot-118.jpg

We’ll finish out this chapter with two accomplishments of Clover’s. First, she maxes the athletic skill. Honestly, it kind of annoys me how serene Clover looks whenever she's doing anything that would make me miserable. But still, congrats, Clover! I guess.

Screenshot-122.jpg

She does it just in time to age up to adult.

Next time, there will probably be more toddler spam. Just saying. Hope ya don’t mind! See you then.

Offline deedee_828

• Occult
« Reply #166 on: October 09, 2019, 01:19:16 AM »
Oh, the twins are cute, even without Harvey's red hair, though I feel your pain.
But the 3rd time could be the charm...or it could show up in the next gen.
Which I've had happen more often than not, as long as the grandparents jump to the next town with them.

I really wanted Dashing Desmond's turquoise hair to show up in one of his children, but no luck.
Then it showed up in a granddaughter, who wasn't a fairy, but hey, you can't have everything.
Then I had Des' and Carly have a child in the past via the time machine in the next town....and who steps out? A YA fairy with her father's turquoise hair!
Of course he passes it on to a child who isn't really eligible! Because, you know, murphy's law and all.

And then out of nowhere, my turquoise haired human heir has a 3rd child that not only gets the hair but is a fairy!
My perseverance paid off, luck of the watchers maybe, but oh well, not turning it down!
But the luck seems to have run out as with the current generation, 3 of 7 toddlers have turquoise hair, none of whom are in the heir lineage!

But a spouse with 2 heirs, and multiple spares inheriting it---I think I did great overall!

I wish even more luck for the Kindle's and Harvey's looks and hair!

Online Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #167 on: October 09, 2019, 09:50:21 AM »
The girls might have some growing into their features to do. The Clark-Bellamore genes had three chances already! Hunter got nothing either. But they're all cute, and I'm not worried about Dawn because real toddlers are on the verge of causing grievous bodily harm 24/7/365

Offline amaranthin

• Occult
« Reply #168 on: October 12, 2019, 11:51:12 PM »
Chapter 59 – Happy Campers

Screenshot-123.jpg

Harvey struggles to find time to spend with his young daughters. With four instruments to master, he doesn’t really have a lot of time to do anything except practice. But on a day when he’s made good progress on the bass and needs a break, he takes little Dawn to the library to read her some toddler books. Painting books, to be exact.

Screenshot-27.jpg

He’s sure to give Aria some attention as well.

Screenshot-125.jpg

Hunter’s birthday sneaks up on everyone. Hunter is super excited for his very first piece of cake, which he will be able to eat all by himself!

Screenshot-126.jpg

Well, he’s excited until he realizes who’s holding him.

Screenshot-130.jpg

Still, he makes it through the transition, eats his cake, and heads to a mirror. Hunter rolls the Unlucky trait. I guess we’re not in Lucky Palms anymore. :(

Screenshot.jpg

He pushes forth with bravery, though, and plays peek-a-boo with cousin Aria in spite of the fact that he probably won’t win. Not that I have a clue how you win peek-a-boo.

Screenshot-5.jpg

In the other room, Skyler pulls his wife aside.

“Michaela, I’ve been thinking. Now that Hunter is old enough to start school, I wonder if we should consider starting over. You know, in our own house. You and I both have careers to focus on, and Hunter needs the freedom to grow and be his own kid. Plus, this house is only going to get more chaotic as the girls grow up…”

Screenshot-6.jpg

“Honey, I’m so glad you said that. The more time goes on, the less I’m able to hear the TV. I could really use some peace and quiet. Also, your sister scares me.”

(I love Michaela, but all she does, 100% of the time, is watch TV in the study. She doesn’t have much of a personality, to be honest.)

Screenshot-9.jpg

With that settled, Skyler and Michaela broach the subject with their son. Hunter seems excited about the prospect of having his own room and a new house and backyard to explore. He’s ready for the change.

Screenshot-13.jpg

Skyler scoops up his niece and holds her close before making the phone call to the real estate office. I don’t know why. And he looks awfully sad while he’s speaking to the real estate agent. He purchases a house just around the corner from this one. They’ll be close by, and can visit anytime…but Skyler has been with his sister and cousin for his whole life so far. This change will be a hard one, but a good one.

So Skyler and fam move out, and the Kindle house feels a little emptier—and a little less hectic. I’m sad to see Skyler and Michaela go, but I was beginning to feel overwhelmed by everything going on, and anyway, I want to focus on the twins now.

Screenshot-19.jpg

Desert Rose works on teaching her daughters to walk and talk. She’s started using the Moodlet Manager more often, to keep up with her late-night shifts at the warehouse alongside raising two toddlers.

Screenshot-25.jpg

Screenshot-15.jpg

Aria and Dawn are happy little campers. They’re some of the least fussy toddlers I’ve ever had. They’re content to sleep, eat, and learn their skills on a relatively predictable schedule. I think they’re going to be bright and successful sims in the future.

Screenshot-15.jpg

Well, sometimes they’re not happy campers. Aria has mastered the pout. Not that a pout would work on a future empress of evil…but it’s worth a try.

Screenshot-3.jpg

The only one who is a little unhinged as a result of the move is Harvey. Then again, he’s unhinged by everything. (I like this picture because of how well Harvey matches Rose’s painting.)

Screenshot-7.jpg

When being at home stresses him out, Harvey retreats into the world of music, where he...still doesn’t look entirely okay. :o

Screenshot-17.jpg

Even a nice woohoo session causes Harvey to freak out, for some reason.

Screenshot-24.jpg

This is one of the best glitches I’ve ever seen in this game. Aria somehow gets stuck INSIDE her doll house. I don’t even see her there until I spot a little pair of arms sticking out through the windows, twisting a plastic doll to the point of breaking.

Screenshot-18.jpg

GAH! Aria! If I didn’t know better, I’d say you were on the path to Evil just like your mother! (Don’t worry, she’s Good. Just a very creepy sort of Good.)

Screenshot-38.jpg

And how’s Clover doing? She’s doing very well, skyrocketing (heh) through the ranks of the military career and going on regular dates with her beau.

George: “Aren’t you going to eat anything, darling?”
Clover: “Can’t. Trying not to stare at the confusingly handsome man behind me.”
George: “Isn’t…isn’t that your cousin Skyler?”
Clover: “Exactly.”

Screenshot-44.jpg

Worry not, friends. Clover only occasionally struggles with momentary distraction on account of her old cousin crush. At all other times, she is smitten with George, and he with her.

Screenshot-54.jpg

See, when they finish woohooing, they pillow fight! How adorable is that? (Side note: I’d like to draw your attention to George’s butt. Mm-hmm. You’re welcome.)

Screenshot-28.jpg

Desert Rose is also doing well. She’s making rather slow progress in criminal work due to her maternity leave and a couple of arrests early in her career, but she’s beginning to catch up. This is just after she gets promoted to Getaway Driver.

Screenshot-30.jpg

Maybe all that driving isn’t so good for Rose. She wakes up in the middle of the night to respond to Dawn’s cries and finds herself feeling suddenly nauseous.

Screenshot-48.jpg

The next afternoon, in the middle of cooking spaghetti, she learns why. Looks like Rose’s career progress has screeched to a halt once again. It also looks like Harvey’s freaking out was merited. Another Kindle is on the way!

Offline amaranthin

• Occult
« Reply #169 on: October 15, 2019, 09:16:21 PM »
Chapter 60 – Death(s) & Birth(s)

Screenshot-57.jpg

The twins’ birthday arrives, and with it lots of excitement. These girls are growing up so fast! A very smelly Rose takes Aria to the cake…

Screenshot-58.jpg

…whilst a smelly Harvey and a smelly Clover cheer them on. Jeez, everybody around here needs a shower.

Screenshot-61.jpg

Just before she blows out her first candle, Aria turns to her mother with a bit of a crazed-looking stare. I know she’s just trying to figure out how to blow out a candle, but it honestly creeps me out. Again with the creepiness, Aria!

Screenshot-64.jpg

Finally, Aria makes it to the sparkles and grows up into a child.

Screenshot-69.jpg

Dawn goes next. It looks like she beats her mother to the candle-blowing part.

Screenshot-73.jpg

Ta-da!

Screenshot-76.jpg

Before I can get the girls to the mirror or the dresser, Aria hops right up on a chair and starts presiding over the royal court. Looks like we have a future leader on our hands!

Rose: *sigh* "You can try, darling, but you'll never usurp your mother."
Aria: "I respectfully disagree."

Screenshot.jpg

Aria opts to keep the headband style she aged up with, but she picks out a yellow one to match her outfits. Aria already had the Good and Loves the Outdoors traits; now she has Insane to add to the list. :D (Now that I think about it, that could explain the creepiness. It was just her insanity, biding its time, waiting impatiently to burst forth...)

Screenshot-2.jpg

Dawn, who was already Artistic and Neurotic, is now Absent-Minded as well. Not my favorite trait; in fact, I’d say it’s in my bottom five, mostly because it’s completely USELESS. But anyway.

Screenshot-3.jpg

The girls start displaying their personalities right away. Aria’s first activity as a child (after presiding over the royal court) is to go for a joyride on the upstairs couch. I think she’s trying to distract Clover from her solo darts game.

Screenshot-7.jpg

Dawn, meanwhile, has a wish to learn the writing skill. She heads across town to take a writing class, then stops in at the library to start working on her first novel. As soon as she walks in, she witnesses her first townie death.

Screenshot-9.jpg

Bennie Dean: *yawn* “Life is boring. I guess I’ll die now.”
Dawn: "......"

Screenshot-10.jpg

Poor Dawn. This is not going to help her neuroticism, but at least she has a meaningful (though painful) human experience to write about now. She stays at the library for the rest of the evening, writing her book entitled The Library Ghost. (Also, RIP, George’s father. :'( )

Screenshot-13.jpg

After that sad event, we thankfully have a happy one. Surprise, everyone! Clover is pregnant!

Screenshot-20.jpg

The two pregnant women in the house enjoy swapping pregnancy gripes and stories. These two remain close friends, in spite of their very different personalities.

Rose: “Oh, yes. Your baby is going to be Evil, through-and-through. I can already hear the blood boiling in this baby's veins.”
Clover: “Nonsense! A child of George Dean can’t possibly be Evil.”
Rose: “Fine. They’ll at least be a pyromaniac.”
Clover: “Why? George isn’t a pyromaniac.”
Rose: “…okay.”

Screenshot-17.jpg

With a sibling and cousin (wait...second cousin? first cousin once removed? second cousin twice removed...? help) on the way and some very busy parents, Aria and Dawn are left to fend for themselves a lot of the time. They’re quickly becoming independent and self-sustaining little ladies. They even put themselves to bed at a somewhat reasonable hour, in their newly decorated pink-and-yellow-and-blue bedroom.

Screenshot-29.jpg

Harvey continues to make great progress on his Lifetime Wish of being a One Sim Band. He’s already maxed guitar and bass, and he quickly moves on to piano. He’s playing for tips out by the grocery store when he witnesses his first townie death. Poor Meadow has to watch her husband, Norman Joy, bite the dust right in front of her eyes. :(

Screenshot-34.jpg

Harvey takes a dark situation and turns it around, though. He and Jon Lessen both take the opportunity to make a boatload of money off a mournful audience lift everyone’s spirits with some upbeat music.

Screenshot-38.jpg

It turns out that that brief peek-a-boo session with her cousin when she was a toddler made it so that Aria is best friends with Hunter. She wants to go over to his house almost every day after school. It’s nice to see that the other Kindles are doing well (in the house that the Middlemisses lived in, no less!), even if Hunter isn’t really on the same wavelength as Aria.

Aria: “Come on, Hunter! I’ll be the queen of our kingdom, and you can be my peasant subject and fetch me things!”
Hunter: “But I’m busy, Aria! I have to write a sentence with the word 'tyrant' in it. Can you help me?"

Screenshot-39.jpg

While Aria is visiting her relatives, we also discover that Aunt Michaela is pregnant for a second time. (Also, she’s gone back to pursuing her Lifetime Wish. She’s a firefighter once again. I guess she was never really happy as a teacher––which could explain why she spent all her spare time in front of the TV.)

Screenshot-41.jpg

That afternoon, Rose wakes groggily from her nap. She gets out of bed…

Screenshot-42.jpg

…takes a second to make the bed…

Screenshot-43.jpg

…and promptly goes into labor. Actually, she was in labor from the moment she woke up, but of course, making the bed is the most important thing right now.

Screenshot-49.jpg

Rose opts to have the baby at home this time. After a couple hours of heavy breathing and restrained agony, Desert Rose gives birth to her third child—a boy! This is Calder Kindle, everyone. Will he be the one to inherit his father’s genetics? You’ll have to wait and see!

Offline amaranthin

• Occult
« Reply #170 on: October 16, 2019, 09:43:13 PM »
Chapter 61 – Things Happening In Yards

Screenshot-52.jpg

This house is full of kiddos right now. Remember when we moved to Riverview, and then Skyler and Michaela and Hunter moved out, and suddenly it felt kind of empty? Yeah, not anymore. And it’s only going to get busier!

Screenshot-54.jpg

Clover is adorable 100% of the time, but she’s extra adorable while she’s pregnant. I’ve never had a sim rub her own tummy and make little cooing noises as often as Clover does. She’s so excited to meet her baby. <3

I send Clover around the corner to say hello to her cousin-in-law Michaela, who is also very pregnant. I didn’t get a picture of Clover standing outside the Kindles’ front door, but she stands out there for a very long time. I’m sitting there waiting too, wondering why Michaela isn’t coming to the door (she’s on her way to invite Clover inside, according to Clover’s action queue). Then, after a few minutes, I zoom in close to the front of the house and faintly hear…a sound. A sort of strained moaning sound? Like someone is in pain? Maybe?

In a burst of realization, I pause the game and use NRaas MC to “open” the house and see what’s going on.

Screenshot-56.jpg

Turns out I didn’t have to. This whole time, Michaela has been out in the backyard, perfectly visible to anyone who thinks to spin the camera around, IN LABOR. I get to the backyard just in time to see this beautiful moment––Michaela holding her daughter Lacie for the very first time. (That name is purely coincidental. Skyler did not name his daughter after his old high school crush, Lacie Diwan. How could he? He's at work when the naming happens! I swear!)

Screenshot-57.jpg

Clover finally finds her way to the backyard as well.

Clover: “Oh my gosh, Michaela! I can’t believe you’ve been giving birth out here all by yourself! Haha! You could have at least let me in…I could’ve helped you!”
Michaela: “Nah, that would’ve been too much work.”

Screenshot-58.jpg

Thank goodness Clover gets back there in time. Less than an hour later, it’s her turn to go into labor.

Screenshot-60.jpg

Good thing Shana Natcher, the most persistent paparazzi I’ve ever seen, is here to be of assistance.

Screenshot-61.jpg

Shana Natcher: “And how are you feeling at the moment, Ms. Kindle? Flushed? Sweaty? In agonizing pain?”
Clover: “Mostly I’m just wondering how you got in here.”

Screenshot-63.jpg

Since Shana is being so nosy and Michaela went inside to watch TV a long time ago (surprise, surprise), Clover decides it would be best if she went to the hospital to finish out the birth.

Screenshot-64.jpg

A few hours later, she emerges holding her son, Benny. Benny is named for his grandfather, Bennie Dean, who died in the last chapter and will never get to meet his only grandson. :( (As a sidenote, Tatiana Ivanov is REALLY EXCITED that this total stranger gave birth to a boy.)

Screenshot-65.jpg

George meets Clover at the hospital midway through the birth, and they take a taxi back to the Kindle house together.

Screenshot-66.jpg

After putting little Benny to bed, the lovers find solace in the front yard—the sandbox, in particular—and express all those ooey-gooey new-parent feelings to their heart’s content. Dawn rolls her eyes from a few feet away.

Dawn: “Jeez, can’t you guys do that INSIDE?”

Screenshot-67.jpg

The making out isn’t enough to satisfy Clover’s love for George. She’s been harboring a secret wish for a while now, and it’s finally time to make it known to the world. She kneels down in the sand, takes a box out of her pocket, DROPS IT (God I love clumsy sims), and quickly recovers in time to ask George a very important question.

Screenshot-70.jpg

“George Dean, you are the most wonderful thing in my life. And now that we have a child together, I think it’s time we become a real family. Will you marry me?”

Screenshot-72.jpg

He says yes, of course.

Ah, love and marriage and happy things. How’s the rest of the family doing?

Screenshot-75.jpg

Rose: “What’s that you got in your nappy, Benny? Hmmmmm? Is it candy? For ME?”

So yeah, basically everything’s normal with the rest of the Kindles.

Screenshot-78.jpg

Clover can’t get enough of motherhood, it seems. Even though she’s exhausted from the birth and totally deserves a good long sleep, she slaps on her martial arts gear, kicks the dummy in the yard for a few hours, and then heads upstairs to tuck her niece into bed with a book. (Into the wrong bed, but hey.)

Screenshot-79.jpg

Desert Rose celebrates her Adult birthday, and gets a midlife crisis. I am very afraid of the wishes to come. Very afraid indeed. (Of course, I needn’t be—Rose’s regular wishes are just as scary. She and Harvey have a brief argument soon after this, and Rose pops a NON-MIDLIFE-CRISIS wish to see Harvey’s ghost. So, yeah. Nothing’s changed, really.)

Screenshot-81.jpg

But before Rose can change her hair back to normal, it’s Calder’s birthday! It’s about 2 in the morning, because this is when Rose is awake and also because I hate the infant stage and toddler birthdays must happen immediately after midnight. So the rest of the family is a bit groggy and confused as they file down to the kitchen.

Apparently I was a bit groggy and confused too, because I didn’t take any pictures of the actual birthday after that last one. Or maybe I was just too excited to see what Calder looks like. Here we go!

Screenshot-83.jpg

Ta-daaaaa! Alas, he’s not a redhead, but he DOES look a lot like his father—those bright blue, slightly droopy eyes are to DIE for. I’m happy, even though red hair would’ve made me happier. Calder is beautiful. He is also an Artistic Virtuoso, and he likes Indie music, French Toast, and Grey.

Screenshot-84.jpg

Loooook at these two. Look at those adorable, sad eyes! I could weep!

Screenshot-86.jpg

Harvey is, appropriately, a huge fan of his son. (He would be regardless of what his kid looked like, of course.) He has this thing where he can’t stop taking Calder out of the crib, then immediately putting him back in. And taking him out. And putting him back in. As if he can’t bear to let him go to sleep. :’(

Screenshot-89.jpg

While we’re on the subject of the Kindle hair, here’s a picture of Hunter, Skyler and Michaela’s son. He’s aged up to teen and is starting to remind me a lot of his grandfather Nile. Like, a lot.

Screenshot-90.jpg

And the twins are doing well. They’re working hard in school and getting along fine. Aria signed up a little late for Scouts, then misses her one chance at a scout meeting for a field trip. *shrug* I tried.

Screenshot-91.jpg

And Harvey and Rose are still very much in love, despite of their occasional disputes. They often stay up all night together, Rose painting, Harvey playing his music. I often catch Harvey gazing longingly across the room at his evil lady. Why he loves her so much, I honestly don’t know.

Next time, there'll be more birthdays and probably some random disasters. It's gonna be a fun time!

Offline amaranthin

• Occult
« Reply #171 on: October 22, 2019, 08:14:05 PM »
Chapter 62 – It's About Time

Screenshot.jpg

Clover is an adorable mama. Just look at how happy she is.

Screenshot-11.jpg

To top off her happiness, Clover reaches level 10 of the martial arts skill a day or two after giving birth. Now that is something that I could never do.

Screenshot-2.jpg

There is lots of ooey-gooey baby goodness in this household these days. Also, ooey-gooey baby food.

Screenshot-4.jpg

Calder: *nom nom nom nom*

Screenshot-15.jpg

Harvey doesn’t have a super close relationship with either of his daughters, because he’s spent most of their lives out of the house playing for tips. With Calder, it’s a different story. Harvey wants to do nothing but play with his son and teach him how to walk and talk and potty. It’s endearing, but Harvey, you can look forward to LOTS of daddy-daughter dates in the future. I won’t have you playing favorites!

Screenshot-19.jpg

Speaking of daughters, the twins are doing very well. Aria loves to ride her bike—it shows on her face. She’s an outdoorsy girl for sure.

Screenshot-9.jpg

The twins are in school now, and thus are starting to meet some boys. Boys are very important for the future, you know. This is…I think this is Terry McDermott. I think.

Screenshot-18.jpg

And this is Dawn with her closest school friend, a paper boy named Alphonso something. Ignore the boy, because he's not a townie and therefore out of the running, and ignore Dawn, because worshipping the moon is just part of her daily routine.

Screenshot-51.jpg

Ah, now HERE’s a promising candidate. When I find out that Heather and Odin Crosby have a son, I send Aria over to meet him right away. (The Crosbys are my favorite Riverview family.) When little Mario comes out of the house, he immediately trips and stumbles, while Aria chases an invisible bug that’s apparently trying to make a home in her ear. This isn’t a great capture of the moment, but the simultaneous goofiness of it is absolutely adorable.

Screenshot-53.jpg

Ahhh, and Mario is a beautiful, beautiful boy. I’ll be keeping an eye on him for sure! :D

Screenshot-56.jpg

Meanwhile, Dawn goes over and meets two out of the three Lobos triplets. Yes, the Lobos family had triplets, after the original set of twins. Two boys and a girl! Vera Lobos is lurking around somewhere, but her brothers, Marques and Alonzo, happily hang out with Dawn for a few hours, sipping juice and listening to her insane ramblings.

Screenshot-20.jpg

Harvey’s adult birthday sneaks up on him..

Screenshot-22.jpg

…and robs him of his beautiful hair. This is very upsetting to Harvey.

Screenshot-26.jpg

Calder learning to pee is also very upsetting. I don’t know what to tell you, Harvey.

Screenshot-28.jpg

This concerning moment is interrupted by a sound we haven’t heard in quite a while—the fire alarm. Ahh, a fire in the Kindle house! It’s about time!

Screenshot-30.jpg

Turns out the fire is a result of Clover leaving waffles in the oven when she goes to change Benny’s diaper. On my orders. Oops.

Clover: “This is your problem, watcher, not mine.”

Screenshot-33.jpg

The rest of the family is perfectly prepared to panic, and utterly unhelpful in the quenching of the flames.

Screenshot-35.jpg

Firefighter: “Aarrghhh, you playable families are USELESS when it comes to safety regulations!”
Rose: “Oh, no, did this near-death experience make me look fat??”

Screenshot-44.jpg

After the fire, Harvey is reminded that life is short. And for once, instead of lapsing into a mental breakdown, Harvey takes action. He’s an Adult now, and he only has so much time left. It’s about time he grew a mustache.

Screenshot-46.jpg

His moment of maturity is of course ruined by his darling wife, who brings him right back to his usual state of terror. Hey, he’s probably more comfortable there anyway.

Screenshot-61.jpg

In all the hubbub from the fire, everyone forgets about Benny’s birthday. He ages up right on the nursery floor.

Screenshot-62.jpg

Okay...um... *hyperventilates*

Screenshot-66.jpg

Oh. My. Goodness. He is DARLING. (Can anyone tell me where that insane hair color comes from?? I looked back through George’s family tree but his parents both had gray hair.) Benny is a squeezable little bundle of cuteness. He is also Excitable and Friendly, and his favorite things are Latin, cheesesteak, and the color aqua. (Obviously I forgot about his favorite color when I was dressing him. Oops.)

Next time, more kid activities! And hopefully no more fire.

Offline amaranthin

• Occult
« Reply #172 on: October 25, 2019, 12:21:05 PM »
Chapter 63 – Afraid of Cake

Screenshot-68.jpg

I feel like I’ve started the last eighteen chapters with a picture of Clover being a cute mom, but she just KEEPS BEING A CUTE MOM, OKAY? And anyway, now you can sort of see the resemblance between herself and her son. Awww.

Screenshot-76.jpg

Some of Benny’s facial expressions are all his own, though. Look at those shiny dark eyes! I’m learning that I am a weak woman in the face of certain toddler pouts. SOMEBODY GIVE THIS BOY A COOKIE, STAT.

Screenshot-82.jpg

Calder’s pout is a little more sad-looking. Hey, with those eyes, what else can he do?

Screenshot-71.jpg

Calder is still learning his toddler skills from his daddy. Harvey can afford the time off––he’s nearly maxed out 3 out of 4 instruments and he’s barely an Adult. He’ll have plenty of time to play music when Calder is older.

Screenshot-93.jpg

Meanwhile, Aria is displaying a knack for cooking that is surprisingly well-developed for a kid her age. She even sets up a bake stand down by the bookstore. (Her dad sets the mood with some lively piano in the background.) Oh hey, that’s Hunter Kindle! Hi, Hunter!

Screenshot-98.jpg

Hunter: “Gee, you have so many great options here, Aria! I guess…I’ll take…no, I can’t decide. Okay, how about…this brownie? If only I could take them all…”

Aria has a successful night of selling baked goods––one of the best I’ve ever seen. I mean, I hardly ever attempt this, but over a hundred simoleons seems like a good haul to me.

Screenshot.jpg

The next day, Aria comes downstairs to a mysteriously hushed house. She swears she heard someone calling her name a moment ago…but where is everyone?

Screenshot-2.jpg

Oh! They’re all in the kitchen, waiting to celebrate her birthday!

Screenshot-5.jpg

The twins’ childhood flew by. I can’t believe they’re already going to be teenagers. :'(

Screenshot-6.jpg

Man, Aria really likes the headband look, doesn’t she?

Screenshot-11.jpg

Dawn goes next. She’s afraid of cake.

Screenshot-12.jpg

She also forgot to change out of her pajamas before succumbing to the frightening power of a randomly generated outfit. Yikes.

Now, let’s pop these lasses into CAS!

Screenshot-13.jpg

Okay, check this out. This is Aria wearing Desert Rose's hairstyle. Like, are you kidding me? Aria and Rose are the real twins here!

Screenshot-14.jpg

Anyway, here’s Aria with her actual, unique hairstyle (headband-free, at least for now) and a shiny new pair of yellow glasses. Aria picks up a very unusual trait––Photographer’s Eye––to be added to her Good, Loves the Outdoors, and Insane traits. On second thought, maybe I shouldn’t have given her glasses. Wouldn’t someone with a Photographer’s Eye have great vision…?

Screenshot-24.jpg

And here’s Dawn, looking all sultry and Elle Woods-ish. She picks up an even rarer trait, if that’s possible––she is now a Vehicle Enthusiast. :o Um, okay? She’s also Artistic, Neurotic, and Absent-Minded, making her an all-around confusing person. I'm very curious to see what her final trait will be.

Screenshot-16.jpg

Aria’s insanity hasn’t shown itself too much thus far, but as soon as she becomes a teen, all of a sudden it’s everywhere. Even though she’s Good…she’s still very much her mother’s daughter.

Screenshot-17.jpg

Aria! How could you be snotty to Clover?! I am deeply ashamed of you!

Screenshot-20.jpg

I promise you, Aria had nothing to do with this. The dishwasher was broken and puddle-soaked already, I swear!

Screenshot-25.jpg

And don’t worry about Clover, either. She gets singed and immediately feels the need to go for a run. What a woman.

Screenshot-28.jpg

Once the girls are teens, I notice that they don’t actually have a very good relationship with each other. This must be amended! Since they don’t have school until tomorrow, they go downtown with their dad and goof off together while he plays for tips in the background.

Screenshot-30.jpg

One last and very important thing must occur before we close this chapter. George Dean needs to meet his son as a toddler. Clover invites him over that night after dinner. He arrives without fanfare and plunks himself down at the kitchen table with a book.

Screenshot-31.jpg

Clover drags him out into the hallway where they can talk in private, kind of.

George: “Wow, my gorgeous fiancée in a bikini, holding my firstborn son? No thanks.” *gag*

Screenshot-37.jpg

Eventually, George seems to wake up out of his stupor. And this is when I learn that sims can flirt even when they’re holding toddlers. :) I can’t figure out how to get George to hold his son…but we’ll get there one day. In the meantime, let's all admire this cute little family. Toodle-oo!

Offline amaranthin

• Occult
« Reply #173 on: October 27, 2019, 11:31:07 PM »
Chapter 64 – Fuzzy Legwarmers

Screenshot-5.jpg

Life goes on in the Kindle family. Dawn and Aria discover the game room upstairs around the same time Harvey gets tired of playing music and decides to throw darts at the wall instead.

Screenshot-11.jpg

The girls also go to their first day of high school together. Of all the outfits you could have chosen, Aria, I feel like this is the least interesting.

Screenshot-15.jpg

Their attitudes toward homework appear to be quite different. Key word here being APPEAR. Aria is only smiling because she’s Insane. She actually hates homework just as much as Aria. :)

Screenshot-18.jpg

Benny is still just about the cutest toddler I’ve ever seen in this game. He plays enthusiastically with his toy boat, cuddles with his mommy, and stars in way more screenshots than I’ll be showing you here.

Screenshot-24.jpg

Calder is…um…a little less well-behaved? You might say?

Screenshot-29.jpg

As the twins build their friendship with each other, things sometimes go awry.

Dawn: “I can’t believe you, Aria! If I didn’t know better, I’d say you were off your nut!”
Aria: “But…but I am off my nut. I have the ‘Off-His-or-Her-Nut’ trait.”

Screenshot-30.jpg

Dawn: “I KNEW it! No wonder you wear fuzzy legwarmers to school! I thought it was to embarass me! Turns out you’re just crazy!”

Screenshot-31.jpg

Dawn: “Your fuzzy legwarmers make me so anxious, Aria…”
Aria: “I know, sweet sister of mine. Your neon pink cardigan screws with my vision and enhances my hallucinations. This is just how things are with us.”
Dawn: “I guess so.”

Screenshot-32.jpg

Although they are very different, Dawn and Aria find ways to get along. Dawn’s Neuroticism and Aria’s Insanity really don’t line up well, though. I think they sort of trigger each other in certain ways. Still, they do their best to remain close.

Screenshot-34.jpg

A big reason for that fight, by the way, was Dawn waking up with a mood swing. She’s so distressed that she breaks the family computer while trying to set up a prank. With a surprising burst of maturity, she wishes to fix the computer herself, and takes her mistake as an opportunity to start practicing handiness. (And amazingly, she doesn’t get electrocuted. Karma!)

Screenshot-36.jpg

Desert Rose continues to rise through the ranks at the criminal warehouse. About halfway through her adult years, she finally gets to choose the criminal branch of the career. She’s truly on her way to empress of evil now.

Screenshot-38.jpg

Clover goes back to work after her maternity leave and immediately gets promoted to Squadron Leader, earning this fabulous new uniform. You can still see the astronautical dreams in her eyes…she’s not too far away!

Screenshot-41.jpg

Calder is wrapping up his toddler years by learning the xylophone. (I tried to have him play with it many times before this, but it turns out the object was glitched and had to be replaced. Now Calder plays it nonstop.)

Screenshot-44.jpg

Rose is apparently not very happy to have another musician in the household.

Screenshot-47.jpg

Speaking of which, Harvey is officially three-quarters of the way to reaching his Lifetime Wish of mastering four instruments. He finishes piano while performing in front of the bookstore.

Screenshot-49.jpg

A couple days into their teen years, the girls get ready and head off for the biggest event of the teen life stage––prom!

Screenshot-50.jpg

I had been hoping to see some romantic action for Dawn and Aria at prom, but my wish is only granted partially. They get a romantic interest each, but both boys are pudding-faced babysitters and not actual townies. :( (I believe this is largely my fault––when the Kindles moved to Riverview and NRaas SP was sending me the initial set-up prompts, I accidentally prevented the mod from deleting the homeless population. As a result, the town has been flooded with pudding-faced clones, with only a handful of actual townies spawning.) Both girls get into at least one fight––Aria gets into two. At least Aria also gets prom queen and almost faints from the excitement. (And then almost faints again afterwards from exhaustion.)

Screenshot-56.jpg

Harvey: “So *BADUMP* Aria, *BANG* how was *CHHHHH* prom? *KATHUNK*”
Aria: “Sorry, Dad, can’t hear you over that racket.”

Screenshot-58.jpg

Aria: “I’m so glad I got to be prom queen. It almost makes dating a babysitter worth it! Aren’t you glad I got to be prom queen, Dawn?”
Dawn: “Ecstatic.”

Screenshot-63.jpg

Rose arrives home late after the girls get home, wearing this SHOCKINGly dramatic new uniform. I guess I don’t play through the criminal career very often, because I feel like I’ve never seen this getup before. It’s awesome!

Screenshot-67.jpg

Harvey is up late, too. He’s on his fourth and final instrument and well on his way to completing his greatest wish.

Screenshot-68.jpg

Big things are coming for little Calder, too! His birthday is just around the corner.

Screenshot-78.jpg

And he’s very excited for it. See you then!

Online Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #174 on: October 29, 2019, 02:47:29 PM »
The fuzzy legwarmers fit her sense of fashion but I was still expecting the real meaning to be finding the toggle in MasterController to enable body hair for women. :P Maybe if the twins continue to have zero luck finding boys...