Author Topic: Naga's Sunset Valley 7.0 -- SV-ALGPStSnSs  (Read 409513 times)

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
Re: Sunset Valley 2.1
« Reply #75 on: March 14, 2011, 07:09:29 PM »
I read it, sent you a reply. The people who owe me a cookie are awesome for knowing why they owe me a cookie. I prefer all the 3 in full big boxes. One box for each, of course. About 1m³ is big enough for a box. Not much.

Waiting for the "row house" thing to come up. You never tire to surprise me.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #76 on: March 14, 2011, 07:14:42 PM »
EDIT for fun remark:  So, who knows why they owe Naga a cookie and that they are awesome?  Naga, do you prefer chocolate chip, chocolate peanut butter cup,  or brownies?

I do.  I always read the "Read Me" documents, just in case.  ;)

Also, I forgot to add about the missing object thing:  I have all of the expansions and stuff packs, so what was missing was obviously a store item.  But still no problems as a result of that.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #77 on: March 14, 2011, 08:17:29 PM »
Joria, if you're remodelling Twinbrook I have a poolside club especially for it here, and I'm currently putting the finishing touches on a lounge (EDIT: Now completed here). I love Twinbrook, what can I say?  :) I grew up on a swamp after all.

Back to Naga, you've done an amazing job squeezing everything in, and your new buildings look fantastic ;D. I'll definitely have to download this after my lectures. As for cookies, I'm afraid all I have is half a packet of TimTams but they're just as good.  ;)

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #78 on: March 15, 2011, 01:13:56 AM »
After playing the town a bit, I noticed one small thing:  three of the dance floors don't work because it says that there's no music playing.  At the Pisces Pool Club, the speakers are on the other side of the pool.  And the Disco Llama and Paddy's Anchor don't appear to have speakers at all.  I've had something similar happen when I exported The Grind from Bridgeport and put it in another town.  It had speakers, but they wouldn't play at all.  I fixed the problem by installing a stereo through edit town.

Likewise, should the stage at Paddy's Anchor have instruments on it?  Because in mine, there aren't.

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #79 on: March 15, 2011, 11:44:19 AM »
Looks like there's an update coming after I come back later today...

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #80 on: March 15, 2011, 02:21:14 PM »
I've already fixed the clubs myself.  For the pool club, since there are no walls near the dance floor for mounting speakers, I simply placed one of those Outdoor Living rock/stereos by the dance floor.  But I have to turn it on myself, it kind of looks out of place, and the music is always different from what's playing in the public speakers (they play classical?).  I may just end up using the moveObjects cheat to place public speakers at a lower level, and then move them so they look like they're attached to the fence.

I put public speakers in the other two lots as well, but I haven't had the opportunity to test them yet.

Just a question about public speaker systems:  Is there any way to set what music plays through them?

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #81 on: March 15, 2011, 03:19:37 PM »
The lack of instruments in Paddy's is my bad!  I gave myself a mental note to add them then totally spaced it.  I really have to stop playing in the wee hours of the morning!  I betcha anything Naga will add them for me.  I thought I had speakers in there.  Did I miss them too?
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

startspring

« Reply #82 on: March 15, 2011, 04:24:28 PM »
Just a question about public speaker systems:  Is there any way to set what music plays through them?

Edit lot/Shift + Ctrl left click on speaker, Change type of music  :) I love the lots by the way and the way they are placed. Best SV modification I've seen so far. Thank's a lot  :D

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #83 on: March 15, 2011, 06:51:49 PM »
It's nice to see a new face who also likes this work of mine. Welcome to the forum. Now, on to fixing the stuff.

::EDIT::

Update finished. Paddy's Anchor plays Roots, Pisces plays Indie, and The Disco Llama plays Rockabilly. I removed the strobe lights from TDL, and added a portable stereo at Pisces. The instruments at PA were added too.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #84 on: March 15, 2011, 08:31:21 PM »
Sorry to have to tell you this, but I found another dance floor sans speakers at "Score!".  I didn't realize exactly how many levels there were, so I missed on my initial run through.  And to be honest, I didn't expect there to be a dance floor at a sports bar.  Likewise, I didn't see any speakers at The Under, but since that place has a piano player they're probably not totally necessary.  The dance floor there worked.

But all the rest are fine, and look absolutely incredible.  It was worth the wait.

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #85 on: March 15, 2011, 09:10:55 PM »
I believe I placed a stereo at The Under, and it's really just one room, so there's no need for speakers. As for "Score!", can we just ignore the dance floor? Lol.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #86 on: March 15, 2011, 09:27:33 PM »
As for "Score!", can we just ignore the dance floor? Lol.

It seems that I did the first time I visited there lol.

And now that you mention it, I do remember seeing a stereo at one of them.  And I think it was at The Under, too.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #87 on: March 16, 2011, 03:38:45 AM »
Naga, would you mind explaining how to use winrar for me? I'm not computer savvy and I don't know how to get Sunset Valley 2.1 into my game. Just assume I know nothing and explain it to me like you would to a child.  :)

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #88 on: March 16, 2011, 09:31:13 AM »
Ok, you need a compacting-decompacting program, such as WinZip, 7-zip or WinRar to open the file, which is a .rar, but you can open it with any of the 3 mentioned. Download it wherever you wish, then open this file (SunsetValley_2.1.1_by_Naga.rar) using the downloaded program, click "Extract files to..." or "Extract", and then it opens an explorer window for you. You can then either extract it ("it" being the SunsetValley2.1.sims3 folder) to your Saves folder in C:\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves, or extract it to your desktop, and then cut-paste it to the Saves folder.

Was that clear enough? :D

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #89 on: March 16, 2011, 10:23:13 AM »
As crystal! Seems I got bogged down when I was trying to extract the files. Anyway, I've got Sunset Valley 2.1 successfully up and running, and I have to say it's an awesome job! I especially love the Wakizashi, the Unugi and the apartment building you made. I just can't get over how many extra buildings you squished into the world because it all seems to fit in so well. The quality of the new clubs is way higher than I expected, so now I'm even more psyched that you picked one of mine  :D. So far I've only nipped into Edit Town, I'll give it a play later when I've had some sleep.

Ok, onto improving it. I think I owe you an apology for this one, because I'm partially responsible for setting up missing item flags. I used a bit of free store stuff in Ultra Violet which got replaced, so now the bar has these clunky cowboy stools  :-\. There's a list of the store content on UV's main page. I also noticed that the NPC space in the Apartment building is zoned as Public rather than Hidden, at least for me. That's all fine though, it's just cosmetic and doesn't affect the gameplay at all. Kudos to you Naga for all that hard work, I'm going to love playing it!

anything