Author Topic: Naga's Sunset Valley 7.0 -- SV-ALGPStSnSs  (Read 409278 times)

Offline DanBrunetu

• The Law Man
  • Townie
Re: Sunset Valley 2.1/3.0
« Reply #180 on: June 30, 2011, 05:40:22 PM »
Funny that hotspots got mentioned again, because I noticed that in my current game they aren't working either. That's new from Generations. I guess I was naïve to think that the massive bugs from Generations wouldn't affect SV3.0.

As things are going, it seems I'll have to remake SV3.0, because of the hotspotlessness and the grass bugs mentioned a few posts before. I've been busy with something else for the time being, but when I find the time I'll do what I can to fix everything in this neighborhood.
Today I was started a new EA default Sunset Valley and edit by myself with custom Late Night Lots and in the end they seemed to work fine.(Hotspots,No Grass and Terrain Bug,etc), but the problem is that I'm not so good in placing lots in a aesthetic and realistic mod. So, Me and maybe/certainly others are waiting a new Naga Sunset Valley  ;D   For the best results I recommend you a clean and basic resintallation of the game(all episodes-without patches/updates after installation).        ~GOOD LUCK!

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #181 on: June 30, 2011, 06:29:38 PM »
Thank you for the support. I'll have a 2-week vacation after tomorrow, so probably around this Sunday I'll get things going and remake SV3.0.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline mtglady

• Global Moderator
  • Immortal
  • Enjoy life and The Sims!
« Reply #182 on: June 30, 2011, 10:36:10 PM »

Jaeger, welcome to the forum but please review the forum rules here especially number 10.  Third party custom content is not encouraged nor recommended for use and we prefer that you don't mention these sites or those creators. 

One site in particular that you mentioned was the site in which the 'dreaded doll' came from.  I have taken the liberty of removing the sites and the creator you mentioned.  Please refrain from doing so in the future.

** Please note that I entered the above as an 'EDIT' in that particuliar post but I was also told to make a separate post to make sure my message has been seen.  Happy Simming everyone!

mtglady
Read the Forum Rules, they were written for a reason!  
Visit the Sims 3 Swap Shop.

WolfJake

« Reply #183 on: July 01, 2011, 04:54:35 PM »
Hey Naga, will you be putting the gothique library that came out recently on the sims 3 site int he SV.3 remake, or is that against a rule?

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #184 on: July 02, 2011, 08:11:49 AM »
I'll see what I can do. I must place the least custom objects I can, so I may have to change the house a bit.

DaSpecial1

« Reply #185 on: July 03, 2011, 07:37:04 PM »
Sunset Valley is my favorite town so this was a great find. I've been playing this game smoothly for a week. I had the missing object message the first time it loaded so I thought I would have more issues but it plays well. Do you know what causes that?

Also,  I added a few celebs and vampires from Bridgeport and had hotspots begin to show up shortly after that--this may help those with no hotspots.  I haven't fully explored everything you designed but what I've seen I like. Do you have any idea what the starting population count for this town (Sunset Valley 3.0) is? Can't wait to see the new versions thanks for the work you put into this.

Oh one thing: In "The Under" the cowplant that sits behind the bar blocks sims from ordering.  They sit and attempt to order but the bartender shows the no pathway thought bubble with the cowplant as the reason. I actually like the design so I didn't try to delete the cowplant.I wish I could get him to ignore the plant but just moving to another seat is sufficient.  Just want to let you know about the blocked pathway issue.

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #186 on: July 03, 2011, 08:25:00 PM »
I'm still not sure of what's going on with the hotspots. Hopefully it'll be fixed with the remake, which is almost done, by the way.

The starting population? I counted 67, but that's only the sims who live in houses. There are some npcs that don't live in the town, so I didn't count them in.

I knew about the cow plant. I fixed it in my game, but thought it was a too little thing to launch a whole new version just for it. It's fixed in the next version.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #187 on: July 03, 2011, 09:52:17 PM »
Ok, the "fixed" version is ready. I say it in quotes because there is one miserable spot where the terrain bug just didn't go away at all, even after remaking. It's on the frontal edges of the empty "orange-house" lot. The business building no longer has a bistro in it, and the apartment building I made still sucks, but oh well...

Let's look at the good things! I upgraded the visual of the cosignment store area, removed the trash spawners, moved the cowplant statue, removed lots of community parking spots to reduce the "massive carpool spawns" lag, the workers from the business building kept their original jobs this time, not even a second has passed in the game (it was 8:04 before, now it's back to 8:00), 2 or 3 previously removed houses stayed this time, and there are gender doors on old community lots with bathrooms now, and for that I think that this town is now better than before.

Offline Justwright

• Townie
Re: Sunset Valley 2.2/3.1
« Reply #188 on: July 04, 2011, 02:20:14 AM »
Naga, I don't know about Computer Whiz, as your sig claims.  But I would nominate you for World Whiz!  Thank you, Thank you!

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #189 on: July 04, 2011, 05:17:31 AM »
This is just what I needed! Woo! Thank you, Naga! I am handing you cyber cookies of every kind!

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #190 on: July 04, 2011, 03:32:35 PM »
As expected, nothing can be perfect, and I got something wrong. The exclusive lounge had a little problem, and I fixed it.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #191 on: July 06, 2011, 04:56:19 AM »
I may just start playing SV, now that there are clubs. That's the reason I like Bridgeport, is the clubs.

Thanks Naga!

Offline TallStar

• Immortal
« Reply #192 on: July 07, 2011, 08:46:50 PM »
Hi.
First of all, thank you so much Naga for all of the effort you put into this, it had to be hard.
But I can't get it to work in my game.
I have an unzipping program on my computer. I downloaded Sunset Valley 3.1.1 just fine. It appeared in my Downloads folder, then I cut and paste it into a folder called Sunset Valley 3.1.1.sims3 in my Saves area.
When I go in game nothing is there.
 ???

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #193 on: July 08, 2011, 04:29:00 AM »
Hi.
First of all, thank you so much Naga for all of the effort you put into this, it had to be hard.
But I can't get it to work in my game.
I have an unzipping program on my computer. I downloaded Sunset Valley 3.1.1 just fine. It appeared in my Downloads folder, then I cut and paste it into a folder called Sunset Valley 3.1.1.sims3 in my Saves area.
When I go in game nothing is there.
 ???

Did you cut/paste the file you have downloaded? It won't work this way. You have to unzip the file (the downloaded one), then cut/paste the folder called Sunset Valley 3.1.1 into your Saves folder. There is no need to create another save folder in the Saves area. :)
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

CandyHeartedSim

« Reply #194 on: July 08, 2011, 06:45:18 AM »
I still have the old version, and The Hotspots work fine  ??? Oh well, It's more convieniant that way  ;D