Author Topic: Naga's Sunset Valley 7.0 -- SV-ALGPStSnSs  (Read 409475 times)

Offline nursecindy32

• Nooboo
Re: Sunset Valley 5.0 (ALGPS)
« Reply #285 on: April 01, 2012, 12:41:40 AM »
No, those are the boulevard houses (or, as I call them, the Orange Triplets). The apartment building is by Agnes Crumplebottom's place. There seems to be a problem with how I set the public spaces, and something about the door too.

Do u think it could be because you put it in a space that doesn't "technically" have an address?? maybe that's part of the code needed for it to function right, needing an actual street address or something.

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #286 on: April 01, 2012, 12:44:25 AM »
No, no. That worked out fine for everything else. It's something in the lot that is causing trouble.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Wench

• Llama Wrangler
    • Living Vicariously Through Sims
« Reply #287 on: April 04, 2012, 08:03:33 AM »
Afraid I don't know how to fix it either.  Has anyone else tried moving into it and had the same problems as me?

Its a consistent fault for me any time I do a game in that version of your Sunset Valley but I wondered if it might just be due to that specific version.

Offline Kai Heilos

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #288 on: April 04, 2012, 05:48:12 PM »
Not sure if it's been noted anywhere but an issue with the apartment is it stops you from being able to call the Pizza Delivery guy. I did some googling after I couldn't get a pizza and found that it's been a long standing bug that has yet to be resolved.

As above, I also moved a family into the apartment but then couldn't go inside. I ended up just bulldozing it.

Edit: I used the RestrictBuildBuyInBuildings off cheat, then duplicated the door with the eye dropper tool and deleted the original. It seemed to fix the problem for me and I now get Lock... instead of Ring Bell when I click the door.

Offline gingerbill

• Nooboo
« Reply #289 on: April 04, 2012, 06:32:29 PM »
i have all the data disks upto and including showtime apart from ambitions , would this town still work ok? or do you need ambitions?

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #290 on: April 04, 2012, 09:01:21 PM »
Thank you for the info, Kai Heilos.

Gingerbill, if you don't have ambitions, I believe the five lots from ambitions* would be replaced or simply removed. This could lead to some weird placements, or empty spaces.

*Fire Station, Salon, Laundromat, Cosignment Store, Junkyard.

Offline Wench

• Llama Wrangler
    • Living Vicariously Through Sims
« Reply #291 on: April 05, 2012, 09:05:17 AM »
Not sure if it's been noted anywhere but an issue with the apartment is it stops you from being able to call the Pizza Delivery guy. I did some googling after I couldn't get a pizza and found that it's been a long standing bug that has yet to be resolved.

As above, I also moved a family into the apartment but then couldn't go inside. I ended up just bulldozing it.

Edit: I used the RestrictBuildBuyInBuildings off cheat, then duplicated the door with the eye dropper tool and deleted the original. It seemed to fix the problem for me and I now get Lock... instead of Ring Bell when I click the door.

Nice info, Kai, I'll have to try that next time.  At least I wasn't the only one getting the issue!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #292 on: April 11, 2012, 06:54:43 AM »
Hi Naga,
Thank you so much for this world. It looks great!

It's okay to remove Mad Bronco's Bar and put a Police Department there, but if you remove the city hall (and the police dept with it), all sims who have political and law-enforcement careers will lose their jobs. If you want to do that, you must first place another city hall and another police dept somewhere else in the map, then remove the combined one, then place the new ones.

I believe that you also have to change the job location of the sims with those jobs first. If you are playing with that sim, you go to neighbourhood view and there you can change the sim's job location to another building with the same career. I think this way they'll keep their progress in their careers.
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Offline justme2

• Nooboo
« Reply #293 on: April 15, 2012, 11:01:21 PM »
Just downloaded this, looking forward to trying it next time I'm in game.

By the way, if there are any Mac users, StuffIt Expander also opens .rar files, so you can download from MediaFire with no problems.

Link: http://download.cnet.com/StuffIt-Expander/3000-2250_4-10653042.html

Offline warr2098

• Future Neurologist
  • Immortal
« Reply #294 on: April 16, 2012, 10:41:02 AM »
My maid or pizza guy never comes to any of my houses when playing this world. Anyone else experianced this?

GalenW

« Reply #295 on: April 22, 2012, 08:10:51 PM »
Hello Naga.  I bet this question been asked before but I have only Late Night and Generations.  I don't suppose you have a way for me to play do you?

[EDIT] I suppose i could just remove them.  Sorry for the trouble!

Offline Craze

• Nooboo
« Reply #296 on: April 23, 2012, 03:43:02 PM »
I'm pretty sure I've posted this before, but: I love this 'hood (...world, whatever the correct Sims 3 term is). There are a lot of pretty worlds out there, but I've only found them to be unpopulated, buggy and not including everything I need to play properly. I'm not a great builder, so I'm always glad when you update this world for my new expansions.

Thanks for all your hard work!

Offline GerickGo

• Nooboo
« Reply #297 on: April 29, 2012, 01:23:39 AM »
WOW! thanks... THANKS A LOT!

Offline GerickGo

• Nooboo
« Reply #298 on: April 29, 2012, 10:42:34 PM »
What's up with the 3 orange houses with blue roofs?

Captainrave

« Reply #299 on: May 01, 2012, 02:45:47 PM »
This really is fantastic, thanks for the continued updates :)

anything