Author Topic: Naga's Sunset Valley 7.0 -- SV-ALGPStSnSs  (Read 409549 times)

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
Re: Sunset Valley 5.0 (ALGPS)
« Reply #255 on: March 15, 2012, 08:07:58 PM »
Alright, version 6.0 is out and it supports ALGPStSn!
...But not for the alternate method. =(
See, for each new expansion that comes out, the number of versions of SV6.0 doubles. Right now it's at 16 links, and Seasons is almost here, which will make it 32. You need to download 5 separate files if you don't have WinRar, which would make it so that by the time I make the Seasons versions, I would have to upload 160 files. I hope you understand how troublesome this is, and please consider downloading a program such as WinRar or Winzip to extract your files from the links in the first post of this topic, instead of having to rely on these below.

This alternate method is discontinued indefinitely.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Since WinRar has given problems to some people, I decided to put an alternate method to download the files. Here's how it works: There are 5 files in every Save folder in TS3. You need to use winrar to upload the folder itself, but you can download the 5 files directly and then put them in a folder, so that's what we're going to try:

Note that this is only for people who just can't get their WinRar to work.

1.Download the 5 files from your version's link: *Links removed - Dead links*
-> A=Ambitions | L=Late Night | G=Generations | P=Pets | St=Showtime
-> Select one of the following versions according to which expansions you have:
SV(AL) | SV(ALP)| SV(ALSt) | SV(ALGP)[/url] | SV(ALGSt) | SV(ALPSt) | SV(ALGPSt)

2.Go to your TS3 saves folder (Probably at C:\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves). Create a new folder there, and name it "SV()", with the proper version name inside the parenthesis, and without the quotes.

Cut the 5 files you downloaded and paste them all inside the folder you just created.

4.Open the game and play it!

Hope this helps all of you folks who couldn't get it working before. ;)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you find any problems, just post them here and I'll fix them. Enjoy!

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #256 on: March 16, 2012, 07:26:18 AM »
Thanks Naga, Downloading it now. :)
Looking forward to seeing how you got it all in there.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline wellcam884

• Townie
« Reply #257 on: March 16, 2012, 12:13:24 PM »
Thanks Naga, for all your hard work to get this done.
I am excited to see what you have changed Downloading

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #258 on: March 16, 2012, 05:21:56 PM »
Perfect timing for me too.  I am thinking about starting a LTW Legacy and this will be the perfect world to set it up in.  Downloaded it, patching now, then founder creating.

Thanks for all your hard work in updating it and finding a way to make it all fit and work.
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline Justwright

• Townie
« Reply #259 on: March 17, 2012, 12:44:35 AM »
I've been playing the new Sunset Valley 5.0 for all expansions all evening.  It is wonderful!  Thanks Naga, nice work.

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #260 on: March 17, 2012, 02:10:17 AM »
Thank you all for the appreciation. I'm glad my work is paying off by helping other people. Just make sure to report any bugs, if you find any!

;D

Offline warr2098

• Future Neurologist
  • Immortal
« Reply #261 on: March 17, 2012, 04:53:03 AM »
Thank you all for the appreciation. I'm glad my work is paying off by helping other people. Just make sure to report any bugs, if you find any!

;D

I try and download but at mediafire it goes to a upload page...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Leto85

« Reply #262 on: March 17, 2012, 08:37:41 AM »

;D

Yay, so from now on we can blame Naga for every trickle and bug we will encounter in the game! :D

Offline Wench

• Llama Wrangler
    • Living Vicariously Through Sims
« Reply #263 on: March 17, 2012, 03:34:03 PM »
Its absolutely gorgeous.  I'd been psyching myself up to do something like this for my own use but this already beats anything I'd have put together myself. 

Thank you so much for thinking of those of us without every expansion too.  I know that can be a total headache to keep up with and I salute your bravery at trying!

I've only found one bug so far, but I found it so funny that I can't seem to stop laughing about it!  The Mare Nostrum Apts are not working correctly for me.  I can purchase the apartment, move in and even totally redecorate.  However once moved in, the family can only move around in the communal areas.  They can't actually enter the apartment and only get the ring bell option...which shows you someone else is living in the apartment.  I'm only playing a mess about game to have a look at the changes, so it hasn't been a huge problem for me but obviously it would be for a more serious game.

My version is the SV (ALG), just in case its only affecting that version (still waiting to be able to get Pets and Showtime).

Offline Justwright

• Townie
« Reply #264 on: March 18, 2012, 01:07:13 AM »
Anyone else having issues with public places not resetting every night?  The books do not get put away in the library and the bathrooms at the park are dirty and broken after a couple days.  Haven't checked other public places.  Is there a way for me to fix this?
Thanks

Offline KJSinclair

• Townie
  • I may have a sharp tongue but I have a soft heart
« Reply #265 on: March 18, 2012, 05:20:53 PM »
I attempted to download SV with all EPS and it just takes me to an uploading screen. I am unsure why this would be unless I am banned from downloading this in Canada, I understand that this may be unable to be fixed but I thought I should make you aware of the problem.

Kindest Regards
KJ
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes we have to wait a long time for the reason to become clear.

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #266 on: March 18, 2012, 06:22:19 PM »
For those of you having trouble with the links, it seemed to work if you try again later.

Things to fix so far:
-Apartment building;
-Show benches and tables;
-Remove half of the subway stations;
-See into this "unresetting" issue.

mgsfan

« Reply #267 on: March 19, 2012, 07:51:19 PM »
Wow great job getting all the EP stuff in!

Thanks for the newest edition of Sunset Valley :)

Malapietra

« Reply #268 on: March 20, 2012, 04:00:06 AM »
I noticed the Apartment Building is on your "To Fix" list.  I'm not sure what problems you're currently fixing but I thought I'd mention that when I rang the bell on the 3rd floor, the game froze and then crashed.

Carisod

« Reply #269 on: March 24, 2012, 12:20:50 PM »
Beautiful work - downloading and trying.

But are all the spawners available in the world, I have Showtime installed?
Or is there a way I could find out for sure?