Author Topic: Naga's Sunset Valley 7.0 -- SV-ALGPStSnSs  (Read 409237 times)

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
Re: Sunset Valley 6.0 (ALGPStSn)
« Reply #375 on: November 30, 2012, 02:47:31 PM »
(Bad things usually happen when I post while being tired to death, but here goes...)

Well, I guess you're right, Odie. Perhaps you [Necle and other people] would get errors when loading worlds from different patches, but if that happens you can just save your family to the bin and move it to a fresh Sunset Valley 6.0.

Also, yes, I have absolutely not played anything in this town. It's fresh new.

I don't think Necle is asking for too much, though. When you provide people with something, it's in our nature to ask for more, most of the time with the intention to help improve whatever is being provided. Sadly, I can't improve it that way, because I can't use CoW. =P

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #376 on: December 01, 2012, 01:32:40 PM »
Well, I guess you're right, Odie. Perhaps you [Necle and other people] would get errors when loading worlds from different patches, but if that happens you can just save your family to the bin and move it to a fresh Sunset Valley 6.0.

Also, yes, I have absolutely not played anything in this town. It's fresh new.

I thought that was the case. Thanks for your answer!
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline necle

• Nooboo
« Reply #377 on: December 01, 2012, 04:42:37 PM »
Hey hey. Sorry, I just saw all of the messages now :)

Yeah, the thing is I don't know if when loading a saved (although non-played) game, you technically are starting a new game. This is what I tried to mean when I said:
Oh and on a last note, I'm asking this question because as far as I know, moving a family in a town template (which is what I call save files such as Sunset Valley 6.0 that I make in game via edit town) doesn't constitute as a new game. If it does, I will be saved a lot of trouble :D so if I'm mistaken, please feel free to correct me.

I'd love an answer from anyone who positively knows whether the game "starts" when you start playing with it (as in move in/choose a family and play) or when you press "new game" and select a world. Because I, too, have a saved game and it's Sunset Valley after I've put in a bunch of high-rise buildings, some Ambitions, Pets, Showtime etc. lots and since I keep it separate/non-played and save as a different file when I start playing with a family, I always think technically I started the game when I hit "new game"; before I did all the work in edit town. Sorry, again, if I'm boring you but I wanted to be really specific phrasing my question.

Anyways, I'm just asking for my own gratification now :).

And thanks again for the world and the answers. I didn't know you didn't use CaW, I wouldn't have asked had I known.

Offline klskrissy

• Nooboo
« Reply #378 on: December 04, 2012, 04:55:20 AM »
I am getting this message in the Main Menu of the game after extracting SV(ALP) 6.0 folder to my 'Saves' folder.

"Sunset Valley 6.0(ALP) - Cannot load this save game, as it needs a later version.  Please patch your game, and try again."

I do not have "Late Night", but I do have Ambitions and Pets.  I'm running with patch 1.36 for the base game.  Does this mean I cannot play with this fabulous neighborhood until I get Late Night?  Or did I do something wrong, like pick the wrong download file?  What does the message mean by 'later version'?

Anyone?  I'm sorry to have to ask, but I read through every page in this thread and cannot find an answer.

Offline mmoblitz

• Nooboo
« Reply #379 on: December 04, 2012, 07:00:03 AM »
I am getting this message in the Main Menu of the game after extracting SV(ALP) 6.0 folder to my 'Saves' folder.

"Sunset Valley 6.0(ALP) - Cannot load this save game, as it needs a later version.  Please patch your game, and try again."

I do not have "Late Night", but I do have Ambitions and Pets.  I'm running with patch 1.36 for the base game.  Does this mean I cannot play with this fabulous neighborhood until I get Late Night?  Or did I do something wrong, like pick the wrong download file?  What does the message mean by 'later version'?

Anyone?  I'm sorry to have to ask, but I read through every page in this thread and cannot find an answer.

It looks like all the versions available require Late Night so I think you need it to play any of the versions that were uploaded.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #380 on: December 05, 2012, 07:05:49 PM »
Naga, I had always been a bit of a lurker in this thread, but I wanted to tell you I think this is such a beautiful variation of Sunset Valley. Sunset Valley has got to be one of my favorite worlds, and no other world has ever come close to being as familiar or easy to move around in besides it - and when all the expansions flooded in new buildings and lots I started to get so discouraged. I never played Sunset Valley because I didn't want to go through and place all of the new lots. I decided I would give your world a go and now it's the only world I play.

I just wanted to tell you that you've done a fabulous job and that I'm incredibly content with this Sunset Valley. I do not want to pressure you but I look forward to any new updates you may have (I always feel so horrible about having to change out your beautifully upgraded Central Park for the old one so that it will switch with Seasons).

Thank you for putting this up for everyone to use and play, I admire your ability to start a project like this!

Offline Kylez007

• Nooboo
« Reply #381 on: December 11, 2012, 12:20:04 PM »
Hey Naga excellent work here , just one quick question when i go to buy property(real estate) the stadium does not come up as buyable , but i when go to the icon in map view it says i can become a partner , and there is also the option to summon the proprietor , o.o could you explain ? and the price of stadium in edit town mode is -28,000, all i did was change the name as soon a started a new family, I can purchase it as the binder clips centre, does this mean that i get profits from it being a big show venue and a stadium :D ?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #382 on: December 12, 2012, 08:55:36 PM »
Hey Naga excellent work here , just one quick question when i go to buy property(real estate) the stadium does not come up as buyable , but i when go to the icon in map view it says i can become a partner , and there is also the option to summon the proprietor , o.o could you explain ? and the price of stadium in edit town mode is -28,000, all i did was change the name as soon a started a new family, I can purchase it as the binder clips centre, does this mean that i get profits from it being a big show venue and a stadium :D ?

You have to become a partner first before you can buy out the whole Stadium, that's how it works in every town. :) She probably has set up a stage there (I haven't had a lot of chance to observe where all of those are) but it's a part of Showtime so she probably placed down an area for performers to rock out/mime away/etc.
That's all I know about the first two questions.

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #383 on: December 13, 2012, 07:10:31 PM »

Honestly, never tested that. I'll try to explain it anyways. The stadium isn't there anymore; It was replaced by something that acts both as a stadium and a big show venue. Even if you buy the property, the "summon proprietor" button will still be there for its Showtime purposes. To buy it out completely, you gotta first become a partner, like Livvie there mentioned. As for the price in Edit Town mode... Not sure about that.

News in the Seasons update? Sure. Here goes.

So I bought Seasons like a week ago, and I've been trying to slowly build the park (it's like building 5 lots), and I can say for certain that this expansion has a living, beating heart, full of hate for me. The first time I tried, I made straight up the common, summer and winter versions of it. When hitting Edit Town to save it, game crashed. Lost it all. Second try, made only Common, saved it, then summer, it crashed. Skipping ahead, I'm now stuck in Winter, and I have a lot of tests ahead of me in college, so it might take way longer than expected. Sorry.

Offline Odie

• Occult
« Reply #384 on: December 15, 2012, 03:16:04 PM »
I feel sorry for you Naga!
Although I am very happy that you have Seasons and will update your world with it! :D
I sure hope your luck turns around and that you will be able to finish another beautiful addition to your world :)

* sends a lot of luck, wishes, positive thinking and good fortune your way *

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
Re: Sunset Valley 7.0 (ALGPStSnSs)
« Reply #385 on: December 24, 2012, 02:24:25 PM »
First post updated for Seasons WOO! Man, that was a lot of links. Oh, and if you don't like the name, blame EA for making half their expansions start with S.  ;D

So yea, Summer Hill Springs got upgraded. There are now 6 lots in one. I'll get pictures of it for the gallery as soon as this Christmas Madness is over.

Sorry it took so long. I must admit, though, that I didn't do much testing. I really wanted to release it today, and my time is limited, having to do 10 or so things for the party. If you find any bugs, let me know!

Happy Holidays, everyone!

Offline NeVeRLiFt

• Nooboo
« Reply #386 on: December 24, 2012, 07:58:32 PM »
First post updated for Seasons WOO! Man, that was a lot of links. Oh, and if you don't like the name, blame EA for making half their expansions start with S.  ;D

So yea, Summer Hill Springs got upgraded. There are now 6 lots in one. I'll get pictures of it for the gallery as soon as this Christmas Madness is over.

Sorry it took so long. I must admit, though, that I didn't do much testing. I really wanted to release it today, and my time is limited, having to do 10 or so things for the party. If you find any bugs, let me know!

Happy Holidays, everyone!

Thank you for this wonderful Town, I just love how you captured all the expansions and blended it together!
I wish you a very happy Holiday season and New Year!

Offline Odie

• Occult
« Reply #387 on: December 25, 2012, 09:40:57 AM »
What a wonderful Christmas present Naga! Thank you!!! I can't wait to check it out!  :)

Just a small question: Did you maybe also add the Vault of Antiquity in the last version? Just so I know if I need to add it myself or not.

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #388 on: December 25, 2012, 10:07:02 AM »
Oh hey, there's something I forgot! xD

Yea, you need to add it yourself.

Offline Buzzstar123

• Nooboo
« Reply #389 on: December 25, 2012, 06:17:43 PM »
Has the routing issues for sunset valley been fixed? & Merry Christmas And A Happy New Year!

anything