Author Topic: Naga's Sunset Valley 7.0 -- SV-ALGPStSnSs  (Read 409217 times)

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
Re: Sunset Valley 7.0 (ALGPStSnSs)
« Reply #405 on: January 04, 2013, 04:37:33 AM »
I think I have heard before that sims made and saved in CAS or in the library maybe, sometimes show up in game. Don't know if it's a bug. But instead of deleting the whole file and starting over, couldn't you just find their house in the neighbourhood and kick them out?
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Offline Gabsiela

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #406 on: January 04, 2013, 06:56:49 PM »
I couldn't find it, Odie.

Even though they were all friends with each other when I went to the Map and looked at Friends only there was no household that showed up with their name on or faces on it.

That's why I deleted the file. I still have the family because they're in the household so not all is lost :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Odie

• Occult
« Reply #407 on: January 04, 2013, 07:21:43 PM »
I couldn't find it, Odie.

Even though they were all friends with each other when I went to the Map and looked at Friends only there was no household that showed up with their name on or faces on it.

That's why I deleted the file. I still have the family because they're in the household so not all is lost :)

Ok, glad to hear not all is lost. The only other option I can think of is becoming friends, move them in and then get rid of them in any way you like (mwhahahaha) ;D

Offline DarkSerge

• Nooboo
« Reply #408 on: January 08, 2013, 02:59:21 PM »
Anyone having problems with sims getting stuck at brunton's boxcar diner?  The sims in the town seem to gather there. and I had one instance of sims getting stuck there(mine did after eating there).  I'm using version 7.0 SV(ALGSnSs)

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #409 on: January 08, 2013, 09:33:53 PM »
Hey Naga,

I downloaded Sunset Valley 7.0 - I haven't used this town since the expansions started being released and kinda missed it. Much appreciate the effort you went to!

Anyway, when I moved my family into the new town (I copied the household into the library) somehow they are coming across themselves at school, work or just around town. Somehow the family was copied as a NP family as well? I have no idea  how this happened or how to fix it.

For instance my Law Enforcement Sim went to work and his partner is himself.

Do you - or anyone else reading this - have any suggestions?

Cheers,

Gabsiela

That happens to me all the time--although the clones are usually in awful clothes, and vampires. Weird. At one point I had 3 clones of my sim . . . one of them somehow died on my lot and gave me a heart attack when I thought it was the sim herself dying! Anyway, I usually just use testingcheats to Object--Delete it.
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline NeVeRLiFt

• Nooboo
« Reply #410 on: January 08, 2013, 11:32:04 PM »
Anyone having problems with sims getting stuck at brunton's boxcar diner?  The sims in the town seem to gather there. and I had one instance of sims getting stuck there(mine did after eating there).  I'm using version 7.0 SV(ALGSnSs)

I'm running into the crazy routing for cars/cabs in the game when the game first launches the town for the first time or unroutable sims? *when you first start playing the town*
(I have an i7 920 cpu and 8gb ram with a 580gtx videocard and run the game off a SSD so should have more then enough PC to run game fine)

Every game I start and test with I always end up with about 3 or 4 sims that do the unroutable sim found often. These sims are always the npc sims that are bartenders, bouncers and musicians for the clubs and bars or proprietor.

Using Twallans Overwatch, Errortrap and Mastercontroller is the only way to ensure the town keeps running smoothly.

edit:
going into build mode and move the far left corner icecream cone and the bench and prop behind the bench fixed the Coffee house for me, all I did was scoot them back one notch,
my other problem was the Vampire lounge fixed it by moving the music instruments around and removing the picnic table topside and removing the grill, also played around with the hill side as the npc sims would run up it to enter the lot and would get stuck there as well, if you watch the npc's come on to the lot you will see the area they can get stuck at

don't see anymore unroutable sims since doing this ;)

Offline Finaleia

• Lifelong Simmer
  • Nooboo
« Reply #411 on: January 21, 2013, 01:45:56 PM »
Hi Naga! Awesome work!

When you say that this world cannot be used for challenges, do you mean that I cannot use it for a legacy story? Just wanted to make sure! I don't know if you mean for stories or challenges like the Immortal Dynasty or World Ranking ones.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
Sunset Valley 7.0 (ALGPStSnSs)
« Reply #412 on: January 21, 2013, 01:57:04 PM »
I believe Naga means the tournaments, immortal and the life state dynasty.

Offline Odie

• Occult
« Reply #413 on: January 21, 2013, 02:27:43 PM »
I believe Naga means the tournaments, immortal and the life state dynasty.

Correct, Naga was talking about the official challenges of this forum. In the rules of those it says which worlds are allowed to use, and Naga's version of SV isn't one of them unfortunately.

Offline flootiebeauty

• Townie
  • Someday, I'm going to pilot the monorail.
« Reply #414 on: January 24, 2013, 04:46:14 PM »
Hi there. This is awesome! I'm about to start in Sunset Valley (I'm moving my Legacy family over from Twinbrook), but I have downloaded the fixes from here:

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=451817

Will this cause a problem with the save?

Has anyone tried this routing fix with SV 7.0? I've used an older version of this fix in the past on vanilla SV, and Twallan's GoHere is picking up a lot of unroutable Sims in SV 7.0. (I'm playing ALGPStSs). So far I've been using resetsim on all of the sims who get stuck, but if there's an easier solution, I'd love to use it. I just want to hear from someone who's actually used the routing fix firsthand to make sure that it works on SV 7.0.

This world is beautiful, by the way. Sunset Valley and I have a love/hate relationship because I love how it looks and the sims who live there, but I hate that it's so difficult to find places to put all of the lots from the other EPs. So thank you so much, Naga! You've saved me from a lot of frustration!

Offline Nikostratus

• Nooboo
« Reply #415 on: January 26, 2013, 07:21:45 PM »
Hello, I am unable to play this neighborhood. I have ALLLLL of the Expansion packs, so I the SV(ALGPStSnSs).sims3 file. I put this file into the Saves folder, and run the game. At the Neighborhood menu, the icon is blank. It also says 'Cannot load SV as Content is missing' or something to that effect.

I have followed the simple instructions to a T. What exactly is going on here?

Offline NeVeRLiFt

• Nooboo
« Reply #416 on: January 29, 2013, 06:19:59 AM »
Has anyone tried this routing fix with SV 7.0? I've used an older version of this fix in the past on vanilla SV, and Twallan's GoHere is picking up a lot of unroutable Sims in SV 7.0. (I'm playing ALGPStSs). So far I've been using resetsim on all of the sims who get stuck, but if there's an easier solution, I'd love to use it. I just want to hear from someone who's actually used the routing fix firsthand to make sure that it works on SV 7.0.

This world is beautiful, by the way. Sunset Valley and I have a love/hate relationship because I love how it looks and the sims who live there, but I hate that it's so difficult to find places to put all of the lots from the other EPs. So thank you so much, Naga! You've saved me from a lot of frustration!

When I first launched 7.0 (ALGPStSnSs) I saw a lot unroutable sims and cars/taxi cabs stuck in the road or turning around very odd like.
After playing in the world since downloading it I saw some sims always being unroutable but I went in the build mode for the Vampire lounge and Coffeehouse and fixed that.

What I'm seeing happen now is when you are in your car/bike/taxi you stop at odd places and get out of your car and then get back in and finishing going where you was.
I also see sims sometimes move a distance and then get in a car instead of just getting in a car like normal, certain areas of the Sunset Valley world do this always and it's really strange.

I will download the routing fixes and test it out, I also got Twoftmama Route Fix v6 and this helps a lot.
(have to make an account to see the mods)
http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php?/topic/4163-route-fix-v6-mods-4-flavors-updated-november-4-2012/

Edit: The routing fix works and fixed the odd traffic problems I was seeing. Traffic is so much smoother now, it also fixed moving around the town everything is so much smoother
the wild horses are able to move around the landscape so much better and easier now with this fix!
Thanks for the heads up on this fix. ;)

Offline flootiebeauty

• Townie
  • Someday, I'm going to pilot the monorail.
« Reply #417 on: January 29, 2013, 09:40:05 AM »
When I first launched 7.0 (ALGPStSnSs) I saw a lot unroutable sims and cars/taxi cabs stuck in the road or turning around very odd like.
After playing in the world since downloading it I saw some sims always being unroutable but I went in the build mode for the Vampire lounge and Coffeehouse and fixed that.

What I'm seeing happen now is when you are in your car/bike/taxi you stop at odd places and get out of your car and then get back in and finishing going where you was.
I also see sims sometimes move a distance and then get in a car instead of just getting in a car like normal, certain areas of the Sunset Valley world do this always and it's really strange.

I will download the routing fixes and test it out, I also got Twoftmama Route Fix v6 and this helps a lot.

Edit: the routing fix works and fixed the odd traffic problems I was seeing

Excellent! Yeah, I had been noticing the same thing where over time, sims wouldn't get stuck in their cars, but I'm still getting messages about unroutable sims randomly. I haven't tried the Twoftmama Route Fix, so I'l look into that one too. Thanks!

Offline seiji092

• Nooboo
« Reply #418 on: February 09, 2013, 04:05:18 PM »
Hello there! I've been playing for sometime with this, but apparently I can't find any place where Fairy Damsels are available in the neighbourhood. I think this is a recurrent problem with any of my save games that happens whenever I install a new expansions, the fish spawners aren't updated at all, I can easily reset them when they're on a lot, but when it comes to the ocean I can do nothing, does anyone else have a similar problem?

Offline Mert_61

• Nooboo
« Reply #419 on: February 28, 2013, 02:32:37 PM »
i have A=Ambitions | L=Late Night | G=Generations | P=Pets | St=Showtime | Sn=Supernatural | Ss = Seasons all of these packs and downloaded the SV(ALGPStSnSs) version of your town but game says me missing object warning i can play town very well so what should i do to fix that missing object problem thanks in advance :)