Author Topic: Naga's Sunset Valley 7.0 -- SV-ALGPStSnSs  (Read 409261 times)

Offline zobat78

• Nooboo
Re: Sunset Valley 6.0 (ALGPStSn)
« Reply #360 on: November 24, 2012, 06:53:44 AM »
Hey! Your Sunset Valley is totally awesome  ;) It's literally the only world I play even though I have all the worlds so far.

Anyway while you're updating the world for seasons, can you update your world for the 1.42 patch which fixed issues with the moon?

Everytime i left the game and join again, the moon always resets to half-moon and Nraas ErrorTrap errortrapped the moondial as a result of this reset. (My moon went from New moon to half moon the moment I re-entered the game)
And no, i set my moon to rotational at it's fullest length possible.

I'm very sure that this was fixed in the 1.42 patch.

I quote from the patch: Saving and loading during a full moon cycle before 6pm will no longer cause the moon cycle to skip forward.

Offline Natutsi

• Nooboo
« Reply #361 on: November 25, 2012, 04:12:10 AM »
Where can I find the Vault of Antiquity? I've looked everywhere to the best of my ability and I can't find it. Lovely world, by the way. Thank you so much for this.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Buzzstar123

• Nooboo
« Reply #362 on: November 25, 2012, 03:27:59 PM »
Brilliant World But May I Ask Will U Ever Put The Spa Back Into Sunset Valley? I don't know if its just me but when I was playing this world today there was no spa...  :)

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #363 on: November 25, 2012, 05:11:14 PM »
Hi Naga, you got so many questions already, I hope you don't mind another one :P
I really love playing your version of SV. Wonderful how you combined all EP's in one beautiful town! :)
I have been looking for the Zoomsweeper Test Track, but I can't find it. Is it there and have I just overlooked it? I was just wondering this. Else I can always add one myself of course.
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Offline Natutsi

• Nooboo
« Reply #364 on: November 25, 2012, 07:30:41 PM »
Hi Naga, you got so many questions already, I hope you don't mind another one :P
I really love playing your version of SV. Wonderful how you combined all EP's in one beautiful town! :)
I have been looking for the Zoomsweeper Test Track, but I can't find it. Is it there and have I just overlooked it? I was just wondering this. Else I can always add one myself of course.

It's next to the Elixir Shop, though not as big as the one in Moonlight Falls. Not even sure if you call it a track. I haven't tested it yet. Have you seen the Vault of Antiquity anywhere?

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #365 on: November 26, 2012, 02:28:00 PM »
Thank you for the compliments! =D

-Yes, I will update the game to whichever is the newest patch when I get Seasons.

-In my moments of ignorance, I forgot to add the Vault of Antiquity. I understand it is kinda important because it has Alchemy classes, but there isn't much need to add it given that it would take me forever. Sorry about that. =P

-If I'm not mistaken (and I really hope I'm not), the Spa can be found right here (click).

Offline Odie

• Occult
« Reply #366 on: November 26, 2012, 07:11:46 PM »
Thanks for the answers Natutsi and Naga!
I found the Zoomsweeper Test Track, silly me has been on that lot many times and somewhere in the back of my mind I knew I had seen it, but I just didn't realize it consciously :P
No problem for me if something is missing. It is just good to know so I won't search for it in vain. I'll add the Vault of Antiquity myself.
I can check for you if you're right about the location of the Spa, Naga. I am starting up my game now, so I can get back on that later.

Edit: Yes, you're right. The Spa is exactly on that spot, in between the pool, the bookstore and the theater.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Natutsi

• Nooboo
« Reply #367 on: November 27, 2012, 01:09:56 AM »
-In my moments of ignorance, I forgot to add the Vault of Antiquity. I understand it is kinda important because it has Alchemy classes, but there isn't much need to add it given that it would take me forever. Sorry about that. =P

No problem. I will just add it somewhere. Thanks again.

Offline Buzzstar123

• Nooboo
« Reply #368 on: November 27, 2012, 05:05:25 PM »
Maybe he will add the vault of Antiquity in a future patch  ;)

Offline necle

• Nooboo
« Reply #369 on: November 27, 2012, 06:20:28 PM »
Hi Naga! I just downloaded 6.0, and though I haven't played it yet (I literally just downloaded it :)), I'm sure I will love it. It looks really amazing in the pictures. So ı wanted to firstly say thank you!

I don't know if you've answered this before, I did search for it but didn't see that my question was asked before so I joined the forum just to ask you this question: are you planning on uploading the town as a world rather than a save file? Or, if it's too hard to build the town all over again in Create a World, and since you can't load a saved game file and save it as a world in the Create a World tool (I would've done it myself instead of asking you if that were possible), will you consider doing the 7.0 version (if there ever will be one :D) in Create a World?

I'm asking because I love to and only ever play in Sunset Valley but because sometimes the patches only work with new games that are started after the patch is installed, I end up having to start new games and have to choose a new world and edit that all over again.

Oh and on a last note, I'm asking this question because as far as I know, moving a family in a town template (which is what I call save files such as Sunset Valley 6.0 that I make in game via edit town) doesn't constitute as a new game. If it does, I will be saved a lot of trouble :D so if I'm mistaken, please feel free to correct me.

Sorry for the long post, I tried to be as specific as I could with my query. Thanks again for all the hard work. Can't wait to play!

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #370 on: November 28, 2012, 12:34:46 PM »
Naga, it's great. However, Plumbob has an issue with the fence. The sims run around the fence before running back and going through the door. Not a big issue, unless it's raining.
I removed the fence from that side and no problems.

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #371 on: November 29, 2012, 01:13:18 PM »
Hi Naga! I just downloaded 6.0, and though I haven't played it yet (I literally just downloaded it :)), I'm sure I will love it. It looks really amazing in the pictures. So ı wanted to firstly say thank you!

I don't know if you've answered this before, I did search for it but didn't see that my question was asked before so I joined the forum just to ask you this question: are you planning on uploading the town as a world rather than a save file? Or, if it's too hard to build the town all over again in Create a World, and since you can't load a saved game file and save it as a world in the Create a World tool (I would've done it myself instead of asking you if that were possible), will you consider doing the 7.0 version (if there ever will be one :D) in Create a World?

I'm asking because I love to and only ever play in Sunset Valley but because sometimes the patches only work with new games that are started after the patch is installed, I end up having to start new games and have to choose a new world and edit that all over again.

Oh and on a last note, I'm asking this question because as far as I know, moving a family in a town template (which is what I call save files such as Sunset Valley 6.0 that I make in game via edit town) doesn't constitute as a new game. If it does, I will be saved a lot of trouble :D so if I'm mistaken, please feel free to correct me.

Sorry for the long post, I tried to be as specific as I could with my query. Thanks again for all the hard work. Can't wait to play!

The reason I don't use Create-a-World and make this a new town instead of just the save file deal, is uhm... well, let's put it in topics.

-When you copy a world such as Sunset Valley and make it again in CoW from scratch, you open a lot of room for mistakes. Missing people, different NPC, lots with different values, wrong paths, wrong traits, family trees, etc.

-Create-A-World is usually not up-to-date with the patches of the game. That makes it so even if I bought an expansion on the release date, I would perhaps have to wait a month to upload it because of CoW.

-I don't know how to use Create-A-World. At all. Every time I've needed it before, I asked someone else to do it for me. You can imagine what a pain it would be to the other person to make a new town every time an expansion comes out.

Given that the idea behind this whole thing is making the exact Sunset Valley have the many new buildings and lots while still looking good, starting a new one from scratch would always feel like a copy for me. So don't expect it to happen.

=3

Leto85

« Reply #372 on: November 29, 2012, 03:07:28 PM »
Aside from that, wouldn't copying EA made worlds seen as plagiarism?
Not that I would think of you doing that Naga, but I still wonder if that's right.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #373 on: November 29, 2012, 03:31:25 PM »
I disagree. All Naga did was enhance a pre-existing world. She didn't change the name or the original format, say the wholeand is not selling it as her own. She is just sharing a copy that, frankly, is better then the original.
Plagiarism is when you try you imply the whole thing or idea is your own. Just my opinion.

By the way Naga, due to your enhancements, I've started playing SV again.

Offline Odie

• Occult
« Reply #374 on: November 30, 2012, 08:09:29 AM »
I disagree. All Naga did was enhance a pre-existing world. She didn't change the name or the original format, say the wholeand is not selling it as her own. She is just sharing a copy that, frankly, is better then the original.
Plagiarism is when you try you imply the whole thing or idea is your own. Just my opinion.

By the way Naga, due to your enhancements, I've started playing SV again.

I think what Leto meant is if making the world SV from scratch would be copying EA and therefor maybe wrong. Leto never meant Naga's creation is wrong, not at all.

Anyway, we all love your world Naga. I think Necle has asked for too much, probably without realizing it. I have tried to create a world, which I find very very difficult and the result is that I appreciate great builders even more. But trying to re-create (better word then copy ;)) a world, with all the same mountains, waterfalls, houses, people etc etc would probably be quite impossible for even the greatest builder of all...

Necle gives the reason "because sometimes the patches only work with new games that are started after the patch is installed, I end up having to start new games and have to choose a new world and edit that all over again". Correct me if I am wrong Naga, but I assume you have not played anything in the SV you have enhanced. So doesn't that mean if we start playing we always start a new game? I have also had difficulties with existing games after patches, but that was only for sims I had already played with and developped certain skills that were expanded with a patch. Like with the gardening problems most of us had a patch or two ago. I don't think we would have had that problem when we started a game in your world, would we? So besides that Necle asks for a lot, I also don't see the problem here. But like I said, correct me if I am wrong :)

anything