Author Topic: Naga's Sunset Valley 7.0 -- SV-ALGPStSnSs  (Read 407640 times)

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
Naga's Sunset Valley 7.0 -- SV-ALGPStSnSs
« on: January 03, 2011, 09:59:59 PM »
Updated: Jan. 2022

There is no "complete/all expansions" edition of this save file from Naga. As he has said that he wasn't going to be adding any new buildings/lots past Seasons. The linked version below has many buildings/lots from various packs, including Seasons.

** Thread has been locked due to Naga no longer supporting the save file. **

Naga's Sunset Valley 7.0 -- SV-ALGPStSnSs

SimFileShare: https://simfileshare.net/download/3343017/ - Uploaded Aug. 2022

Mediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/file/ggvx1szhh9tkbh8/SV-ALGPStSnSs.sims3.zip/file - Uploaded: Nov. 2020

–  Has all community lots up to Seasons.
  –  Has all original families
  –  Police station is under City Hall
  –  Some homes/community lots were removed to make room for lots from the various expansions.

✿ The file has now been uploaded to SimFileShare and added above as the main place to get the save file.

----

As of Jan.01. 2020 there is now something similar: Sunset Valley 2020 which is a newer, full-EP edition of Sunset Valley with additional houses and Sims from the different expansions and optimization beyond SV 7.0, that took inspiration from it while being created.

How-to save the file:

Download the SV-ALGPStSnSs.sims3.zip file. Click on the file link to Save.  If the browser you're using doesn't allow you to download because it's telling you that Simfileshare is unsecured, please try another browser or check your browser's security settings.  For reference, I use Firefox.  Read more here about the SimFileShare Security Warning.

It's suggested to save to desktop for temporary and then later can be deleted or moved to backup drive. - Click on the Blue download button to save the file from Mediafire.

How-to extract the file:

Extract the file with 7-Zip - https://www.7-zip.org/
Right-click File ➺ 7-zip ➺ Extract to SV-ALGPStSnSs.sims3
 – This extracts all the files into a folder with the name of to SV-ALGPStSnSs.sims3

How to Install and Play:

Copy the resulting folder and paste it into your Sims 3 Saves folder: \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves
-- Right-click folder, select copy and paste into the saves folder.

Open the game, in the main menu you'll find a silhouette of a family and of a house. Mouse over the save file to see it's name. You should see it's called SV-ALGPStSnSs. The silhouette of a family and of a house means you have no active family selected. Double-click the save file to open it.

At the main menu you will get the warning of some objects could not be loaded and were replaced. This is most likely due to store or maybe some custom content being used in the lots placed in this save file.

If you are missing some expansion packs, the lots will still show, but won't be functional.

At the Edit Town screen you can Create a New Family, Change Active Household, Click an empty lot to build a house or community lot, or add either from the library, or add your own family from the household library.

Happy Simming!!

Please note that you may not use this neighborhood for Challenges yet. Maybe some day in the future.

Hey everyone! I'm here to proudly present you my Sunset Valley neighborhood, designed for those who have Ambitions and Late Night, along with Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural and Seasons.

Not sure where to put your Ambitions lots?
Trying to get 42 mixology recipes, or maybe just enjoy a few features from Late Night, but don't want to move to Bridgeport and can't fit the buildings anywhere without creating a massive slope that ruins your town's looks?
Can't be bothered to make a park for the Generations playground?
Equestrian Center is just too big, and the pre-made pet parks are ugly?
You wanted your sim to be a star with Showtime, but it's getting complicated to put even more of those big lots anywhere?
Need a place to buy elixirs, enter gardening competitions, or maybe feeling the lack of a gypsy wagon?
Would you like to enjoy each season's festival, without messing the Central Park up?

Well, here's the solution!

With this neighborhood, you'll be able to:
-Access Ambitions lots in Sunset Valley, including the Consignment Store, the Salon, the Laundromat, the Junkyard and the Fire Station;
-Access all club types from Late Night, allowing you to socialize during night-time, get to hotspots, have better outings, moonlight and be blocked by bouncers;
-Complete the Mixology challenge that requires you to learn 42 recipes, from the 9 different clubs and bars;
-Play without those annoying stiff slopes that ruin the looks of your neighborhood;
-Use subway stations, for getting tips and easier transportation;
-Make your Sims become directors and actors/actresses with the Films Studio (64x64? Yea, right);
-Enjoy the playground from Generations (it's at Central Park);
-Take your dogs and cats for a walk in their species' own park;
-Train your horses and compete with them at the Equestrian Center;
-Bring out the artist in your Sim in the four show venues and the park;
-Buy elixirs and magic stuff, join gardening competitions and get your Sims' fortunes told;
-Enjoy the most you can out of each season with a festival lot.

Here's the map:

On a side note, I would like to state that three of the clubs (the Dive Bar, the Sports Bar and the Dance Club) were not made by me, they were built by Joria (Dive Bar and Sports Bar) and Ausette (Dance Club), two great builders and members of this forum. If you get the "Some objects could not be loaded and were replaced" message when you start the game, don't worry about it.

No extra spawners (seeds, fish, gems, metals, insects) were added - the spawner layout is the same of every fresh Sunset Valley, with the exception of the Elixir Consignment Store, which seems to have brought some spawners.
The neighborhood is fresh-new; None of the Sims aged or got anything changed.

NO Custom Content Was Used. If your game starts giving errors, you probably did something wrong along the way. If your game gets corrupted, it's most likely from something you did or had done, so don't blame me. There are no viruses, malwares or spywares in this file. Download and use are of the user's responsibilities. This was made by Naga aka NagaDontJump from Carl's The Sims 3 Guide and Forum, intended to all The Sims 3 players. You may share this file with friends, but may not take credit for making it.

::EDITS::
Jan 4th 2011: Added pictures, minor text correction, new file uploaded due to map inclusion and a minor correction.
Jan 5th 2011: Added the gallery link.
Jan 6th 2011: Added graphical help for installation and moving households.
Jan 8th 2011: Fixed business and journalism careers and added a bathroom to The Llama Shack.
Jan 10th 2011: The Under now more vampirish. Fixed minor mistake with savegame.
Jan 12th 2011: Version 2.0 released!
Mar 13th 2011: Version 2.1 released!
Apr 23rd 2011: Alternate download method added.
Jun 4th 2011: Version 3.0 released!
Jul 3rd 2011: Updated to version 2.2/3.1!
Mar 15th 2012: Updated to versions 4.0 and 5.0. Versions are now by letters instead of numbers. Every expansion pack combination added, as well as their no-winrar methods.
Oct 8th 2012: Updated to 6.0, no-winrar alternate download method discontinued.
Dec 24th 2012: Updated to 7.0. Happy holidays!

Have fun!
Naga

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
Re: Sunset Valley + Late Night
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 11:10:24 AM »
Wow, this looks awesome, Naga! Thank you for putting this together! :)
Formerly Simstar3

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

mum2four

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 06:47:17 AM »
looks brilliant and just what I am looking for! Having major problems trying to fit it all in to sunset valley, problems with awful looking slopes etc.

How did you make it? Would love to try out something like this myself. Did you use the download from the website about making your own worlds?  Can you use Sunset valley as a base to start?

Thanks in advance x

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2011, 09:02:51 AM »
I used the original Sunset Valley for doing it. All the households are still there, as you may notice. It was a little hard to fit it all, since there doesn't seem to be space anywhere, but I think I only bulldozed 3 inhabited houses* and removed 2 empty lots (where now is the vampire lounge).

The only things I'm slightly sorry for is that I couldn't put the Cosignment Store, the Salon and the Laundromat in the same lot, like the bookstore-teather-grocery store area, because they aren't rabbit holes, and the fact that I have to live with the shame for that lousy miniature sports bar I built.  ;)

*Which, in case you want them, you can just start a new Sunset Valley, save them to the library and add them at this neighborhood whereever you see fit.

mum2four

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2011, 02:42:24 PM »
eerrr... sorry for sounding dump but what do you mean by 'rabbit holes'? :)

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2011, 02:46:23 PM »
Buildings or objects that your sims go in, stuff happens, but you don't see them doing it (Bookstore, teather, grocery store, stadium, city hall, police department, school, hospital, spa, criminal HQ, mausoleum, science labs, military base, time machine, drilling hole, and probably some other stuff I may have forgotten).

Offline MasterSiwel

• Occult
  • Family Man
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2011, 03:21:20 PM »
eerrr... sorry for sounding dump but what do you mean by 'rabbit holes'? :)

Ambitions added more buildings you could enter (job-wise) but the old buildings were still the same. Anyways I may try out the neighborhood Naga, but I'm not sure I want to. I'm always on the fence when it comes to stuff like that.
"Go home and be a family man!"
-Guile

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

mum2four

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2011, 05:17:03 PM »
right.... thank you so much! Im learning something new almost every hour! :)

I have started to look at changing around the town to fit all the other places in, but was wondering how you managed to fit the 30x40 blue roofed house up Pinochle point as there are no 30x40 world editors placements!!

Hope this makes some kinda of sense!!

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2011, 07:02:20 PM »
I think there was a 30x40 empty lot already there, and I just moved the house over... Not sure. Running too many stuff on my PC right now, can't open the game to check.

Offline Sondra312

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2011, 07:34:34 PM »
It looks great and I just tried it. I must have done something wrong because there are only 3 new places. The fire station, tattoo, and a wrapping place that as a tag as the image when looking at map view. I didn't see any clubs or movie studio, etc... I don't see a new saved either. What did I do wrong?

FleurDeLune

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2011, 09:30:48 PM »
It looks great and I just tried it. I must have done something wrong because there are only 3 new places. The fire station, tattoo, and a wrapping place that as a tag as the image when looking at map view. I didn't see any clubs or movie studio, etc... I don't see a new saved either. What did I do wrong?

Seems to me like you just started a "new game" and picked Sunset Valley as your town.  If you followed the instructions and copied the extracted folder to your Saves folder, then when you get to the main menu, you will have a saved game - the large squares at the bottom - called Sunset Valley Start.  Select that one to play.

Thanks a lot Naga - it looks great.  I only had about 40 minutes of play time in the town, and what I've looked at is wonderful and plays well.  I couldn't play Bridgeport - it lagged my game terribly - lots of wasted time in elevators.  So far, in your town, everything is running smoothly.  Hopefully I can spend more time tomorrow night and visit all the clubs.

Offline Sondra312

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2011, 11:29:01 PM »
Seems to me like you just started a "new game" and picked Sunset Valley as your town.  If you followed the instructions and copied the extracted folder to your Saves folder, then when you get to the main menu, you will have a saved game - the large squares at the bottom - called Sunset Valley Start.  Select that one to play.

Thanks a lot Naga - it looks great.  I only had about 40 minutes of play time in the town, and what I've looked at is wonderful and plays well.  I couldn't play Bridgeport - it lagged my game terribly - lots of wasted time in elevators.  So far, in your town, everything is running smoothly.  Hopefully I can spend more time tomorrow night and visit all the clubs.

Ok. Now I am confused. When you say main menu do you mean on the launcher? Or When you start the sims game?

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2011, 11:50:49 PM »
Gosh, this is awesome Naga! I just wished I could use it now. I'll have to wait until after I'm done with challenges!

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2011, 08:33:49 AM »

Ok. Now I am confused. When you say main menu do you mean on the launcher? Or When you start the sims game?

This download has nothing to do with the launcher. When you download it, there will be a folder called Sunset Valley Start.sims3 in it. Put that folder inside your Saves folder, which is at Documents> Electronic Arts>The Sims 3>Saves, and start the game. At the main menu (after the EA logo, TS3 logo, opening video, and loading screen), instead of choosing your normal save file, you'll choose one that is a blue square with a house in it, called Sunset Valley Start*, and click play.

To move your family from another saved game, go to the main menu, load that saved game*, click the "..." button and then Edit Town*. Click your household's tag, and it will bring up a window. In that window, click Save Copy to Library* (you may choose to save only the family or family+house*). Go to the main menu*, load Sunset Valley Start, click "Return to Game Setup" on the top of the screen, and your family will be in the panel after you click Move In Household*. All you have to do then is click where you want them to live.

Click the *s for graphical help.

::EDIT::
Note that now the save game isn't called Sunset Valley Start anymore. It's now SV(), with the letters of your version inside the parenthesis.

Offline scamander14

• Nooboo
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2011, 06:46:24 AM »
Excellent Job with this world! One issue though. It may be a good idea to go to the homes of those employed in the Business and Journalism careers and get them their jobs back using the Shift+Click on the mailbox with testingcheats enabled. Because when you delete a rabbithole, even when you put it back in, the sims employed there will lose their jobs. Other than that, I love this world!

anything