Author Topic: Imaginary Friends  (Read 415364 times)

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
Re: Imaginary Friends
« Reply #120 on: June 24, 2011, 02:12:32 AM »
I found when they become real that they have a full energy level regardless of the time of day, so they don't get tired until they are real. I think my sim inherited perfectionist because she's always cleaning up after herself; while the IF wants to play.

Offline athena

• Occult
« Reply #121 on: June 24, 2011, 02:38:51 AM »
I'm still at a loss... Is the imaginary friend invisible when it is out of the inventory when the kids play with it, i.e. until it turns "real" ? Thanks!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #122 on: June 24, 2011, 07:20:29 AM »
The If looks like a doll out of the inventory unless their sim friend is in the house.

Offline Laurencius

• Llama Wrangler
  • Come for the gas, stay for the hummus!
« Reply #123 on: June 24, 2011, 01:58:46 PM »
My first sim to have an imaginary friend got along with the imaginary friend wonderfully. They had/have a lot of fun together playing games. When this sim became a teen, the imaginary friend even helped clean up around the house on it's own. They are grown up now, and she turned the imaginary friend real. They have a band together called "Imaginary Friends,"of course. They play neo-under-kids-gothic-pop.  ;D

However, the above sim's sister has an awful imaginary friend. She has the observant trait and noticed that the imaginary friend has the hot tempered and mean traits. The imaginary friend kept insulting, arguing, and generally making this sim feel bad every moment it could. It even booby trapped things around the house. They dislike each other, so the imaginary friend pretty much stays in an inactive doll form. She has the evil trait, so she may end up sticking it in a closet with a lit firework. She tried to leave it "mysterious drinks," but the imaginary friend always avoided them. I doubt she will spend the simoleons to make it real.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #124 on: June 24, 2011, 03:15:26 PM »
@Laurencius: I agree if the IF is that bad, I'd move them out and put them with a family I detest.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #125 on: June 26, 2011, 06:00:30 AM »
I posted a new video on Facebook of my 4 toddlers singing to their IF dolls.  They are terribly cute!

The Singing Suedes
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline CharlotteDaBookworm

• Occult
  • Call me Charlotte, Charlie or Char
« Reply #126 on: June 26, 2011, 06:04:13 AM »
I posted a new video on Facebook of my 4 toddlers singing to their IF dolls.  They are terribly cute!

The Singing Suedes
Just watched it, they are the cutest. I wish I could get an imaginary friend doll in game but I just can't get one, no matter how many kids they have. So cute.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #127 on: June 26, 2011, 06:06:57 AM »
sims3lover, you might want to try kicking a family with a baby out of the house, and loading them into a new one. When I did that with my family that had triplets, when I loaded them in the new house all 3 babies had imaginary friend dolls in their inventory.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #128 on: June 26, 2011, 06:31:06 AM »
Just watched it, they are the cutest. I wish I could get an imaginary friend doll in game but I just can't get one, no matter how many kids they have. So cute.

Thanks.  I'm always highly amused by toddlers in bulk.  ;D

That's strange that you don't get the dolls.  Mine always come the after the baby is born.  I get a notice in the upper right corner that some member of the family (like a grandfather) is so happy about the baby and sent a gift.  It says to check the mailbox and when I do, the doll appears in the baby's inventory.  I wonder if maybe you're missing the message after the baby is born.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

CarlosLordofTacos

« Reply #129 on: June 26, 2011, 06:34:20 AM »
I find that video very disturbing, the lifeless dolls being shaken about by four chanting toddlers. Accidental nightmare fuel of the day!

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #130 on: June 26, 2011, 06:38:11 AM »
I find that video very disturbing, the lifeless dolls being shaken about by four chanting toddlers. Accidental nightmare fuel of the day!

Haha!  I see what you mean.  I'm sorry, but that made me laugh.  It is a bit disturbing.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline CharlotteDaBookworm

• Occult
  • Call me Charlotte, Charlie or Char
« Reply #131 on: June 26, 2011, 06:55:36 AM »
Thanks.  I'm always highly amused by toddlers in bulk.  ;D

That's strange that you don't get the dolls.  Mine always come the after the baby is born.  I get a notice in the upper right corner that some member of the family (like a grandfather) is so happy about the baby and sent a gift.  It says to check the mailbox and when I do, the doll appears in the baby's inventory.  I wonder if maybe you're missing the message after the baby is born.

Yeah, I've never gotten the message, but I always check the mailbox daily anyway. I've almost given up on ever getting one that way.

Offline Laurencius

• Llama Wrangler
  • Come for the gas, stay for the hummus!
« Reply #132 on: June 26, 2011, 02:17:09 PM »

Was one of your sims playing for tips? I kept hearing the sound of simoleons! Must be nice, because when my sims play for tips they come back broke and hungry.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #133 on: June 27, 2011, 08:50:52 AM »
That's adorable Pam!

Natsuko

« Reply #134 on: June 27, 2011, 03:35:58 PM »
That video, was just too adorable! Thanks for sharing it with us, Pam!