Author Topic: Imaginary Friends  (Read 415331 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Imaginary Friends
« Reply #180 on: July 21, 2011, 02:10:30 AM »
The kid doesn't imagine the doll coming in the mail.  That part is real.  So is the playing with the doll when the child is a toddler.  It only becomes part of the child's imagination when he/she starts imagining it being animated.  As for turning it into a normal Sim, this is the Sims we're talking about after all.  Potions to make something into a normal Sim are common.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

CarlosLordofTacos

« Reply #181 on: July 21, 2011, 08:45:44 AM »
Well the problem seems to be then... Who keeps sending these creepy toys?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #182 on: July 21, 2011, 08:58:45 AM »

You are making it sound all so sinister! *Hides behind sofa*

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #183 on: July 21, 2011, 10:15:27 AM »
Distant realtives, apparently.
Formerly Simstar3

CarlosLordofTacos

« Reply #184 on: July 21, 2011, 10:32:30 AM »
There is always something wrong with "distant relatives". ;)

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #185 on: July 21, 2011, 11:04:23 PM »
Are you speaking from experience? :P
Formerly Simstar3

CarlosLordofTacos

« Reply #186 on: July 22, 2011, 08:19:01 AM »
Simstar, there is something wrong with all of my relatives, so I guess the answer to that is yes. ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #187 on: July 22, 2011, 09:37:15 AM »
...Alrighty then. :o
Formerly Simstar3

VampirePlasma

« Reply #188 on: July 22, 2011, 09:56:19 AM »
You know that all of my IFs I turn real by teen age and they all get the ribbon that says Most Likely to Take Over the World, when they Graduate. Creepy..

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #189 on: July 22, 2011, 10:28:04 AM »
Lock them up! Lock them uuuuuuup! :o
Formerly Simstar3

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #190 on: July 22, 2011, 03:03:57 PM »
You know that all of my IFs I turn real by teen age and they all get the ribbon that says Most Likely to Take Over the World, when they Graduate. Creepy..

Now that is creepy! Never had it with my teenage IF.

Offline sydney511

• Occult
  • R.I.P. Edel - Jan. 14, 1996 - Jul. 02, 2011
« Reply #191 on: July 23, 2011, 12:05:31 AM »
My little boy, Charlie, got one when he was born. He made it a girl named Twinkle. (If you give it a girl name, it will be a girl)

He played with it a lot when he was a toddler.

When he grew up, I didn't see a message to put the doll down so it could "explore the world". When he was doing a tea party and cleaning up, Twinkle bounced up and scared the life out of me since there was the music, and it really surprised me as I wasn't even watching. I had to pause to figure out what was going on, and I found out he was alive! I cheered and my sister walks in and says I'm weird.

I think it's funny how Twinkle walks (looks like like when sims have woohoo in public, lol) and runs. Its amusing how she's invisible on an another sim so it makes him look crazy. XD

Offline jessiethedog

• Immortal
« Reply #192 on: July 23, 2011, 04:13:56 PM »
There is always something wrong with "distant relatives". ;)
Yeah, good thing they get killed off sadly die with the inheritance LTW. ;)

Same! That's what I was about to post here, it has happened to me twice or three times now. :o
'They fill you with the faults they had
And add some extra just for you' - Larkin

Offline Dreamweaver

• Occult
« Reply #193 on: July 25, 2011, 06:48:13 PM »
All three of Don Lotharios kids got the dolls the day after they were born. I left them in the mailbox as I plan to move the family and want to test if thats a cheat free way to get rid of the dolls.

Offline athena

• Occult
« Reply #194 on: July 25, 2011, 09:00:38 PM »
 :)I have four Sim children in the household. The first three got an IF toy from the mail. The fourth child did not. The total number of members in the household are six. I think that the fourth child did not receive an IF toy because of the game restriction on the number of members in the household, I think maybe that the game counts the IF as a member of the house (considering they move around when outside the inventory if the child has a good relationship with them).  My two male Sims grew up, one of them worked with the chemist's table long enough to make the potion that turns IF real.  The IF that turned real was my girl Sim's toy, I gave the potion in her inventory so she could make the offer to turn real.  The IF toy that turned real is a girl, and a very beautiful one at that, she has platinum hair and big bright dark eyes, unfortunately she has the evil and kleptomaniac traits, she turned when she was a schoolgirl child and she goes to school and acts like a member of the family, but is not included in the family tree. She shares a room with her former "owner", the real daughter. She does not bother the girl so much as when she was imaginary, she loves to play in the sandbox all the time, and gets a positive "moodlet" every time she gets to try something new in her Sim life.  I had one of the Sims move out because they were getting crowded in the house, but the IF toy of their youngest sister has not been sent in the mail, perhaps when she celebrates her birthday, a gift will be sent to her by one of her relatives. The mother has got one more child to bear so she can fulfill her LTW to have five children grow up to become teens.  BTW, the Sim who made the potion received a "Most Likely to Attain his LTW" title when he graduated, his LTW is to reach level 9 of the Science career. So that's my experience with IF's so far.  :)