Author Topic: Imaginary Friends  (Read 415368 times)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Imaginary Friends
« Reply #195 on: July 26, 2011, 02:36:25 AM »
My Dynasty Household had 8 Sims when the doll arrived. Although the child who gained one was born as Number 7, his cousin was born a few hours later and did not receive a doll.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

norsky

« Reply #196 on: July 27, 2011, 02:09:34 PM »
For me, imaginary friends are a great source of entertainment- free entertainment for kids and toddlers and childish sims. Also their social bar is raised!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

missehkittehx33

« Reply #197 on: July 28, 2011, 04:02:24 AM »
My couple had twin babies, and adopted two other babies and so I had four toddlers all playing with imaginary toys. It was quite amusing.

Offline Hyacintha

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #198 on: July 29, 2011, 06:43:49 PM »
My CAS sim married Christopher Steel, and their first born ended up with an IF some days after he was born. The same happened to their second child, he ended up with one the day after. Evangeline, my CAS sim, is preggo with their third child, so chances are he/she will get one as well.

I will post screencaps when I get the chance.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #199 on: July 30, 2011, 08:25:44 AM »
I had twins get IF dolls. Both played with them as toddlers. When one became a child, I took her IF out, and he grew up, too. When the other grew up, I took out her toy, and it vanished. But now she still plays with it, only it's invisible, even when I've clicked on her. It doesn't show up in her inventory either. I saw on the thread that someone else had this happen, and am curious what happens with the totally invisible IF -- does it ever become real? does the teen interact with it?

EDIT -- Okay, the invisible IF became visible when its Sim became a teenager. It's still a doll, but it can change positions like a gnome. I don't know yet whether it can move somewhere else. Also, the twin with the regular IF would play with the invisible one when her IF was out and running around.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline athena

• Occult
« Reply #200 on: August 02, 2011, 08:55:49 PM »
One of my Sim's IF that became invisible became visible when I changed households and returned to the original household where the IF then became visible. My problem now is that the IF of the family I'm playing practically disappeared! Perhaps if I change household it may return...

Machete Girl

« Reply #201 on: August 03, 2011, 01:14:09 AM »
Ok. I just read this thread & I still have a question. What happens to the IF if you don't make it real and the sim grows up? I took my first IF out of my child sim's inventory. Not much has happened except him getting in the way in the kitchen and playing with his child.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #202 on: August 03, 2011, 03:44:57 AM »
It never grows up and stays a doll I presume, there is an option for Children to have a Tea Party with the Doll but only in Doll form, so after you say 'Leave me alone' although I have not tried it.

Machete Girl

« Reply #203 on: August 03, 2011, 09:26:44 AM »
It never grows up and stays a doll I presume, there is an option for Children to have a Tea Party with the Doll but only in Doll form, so after you say 'Leave me alone' although I have not tried it.

So if it grows with the child and plays with the child thru teen years it stays a doll but can the YA sim still play with it? Will it strut around with the YA sim? Can they still interact? I'm not really interested in making the IF real and YAs who have IFs usually are not considered mentally healthy you know? 

VampirePlasma

« Reply #204 on: August 03, 2011, 09:29:44 AM »
"and YAs who have IFs usually are not considered mentally healthy you know?"
That's why I bury them in the sand box when my sims' are a child. (I don't have the latest patch)

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #205 on: August 03, 2011, 09:45:18 AM »
If you don't make it real, the IF ages up along with its sim, and you can continue to take it out and interact with it the same way you did as a child - or just leave it in your inventory and never think about it again.

Also, if you don't get your relationship with the IF to the point where it wants to "come out and play" by your teen birthday, it becomes just an ordinary doll, as far as I can tell - you can "talk through <x>" to a toddler or a childish sim, but that's the only interaction it really has left.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #206 on: August 03, 2011, 09:51:02 AM »
I found that my IF when it was in Tris Jade's Crib his Cousin came into his Nursery (both toddlers) that Percy would play with his Cousins IF whilst it was still in Tris' Inventory but int he crib while he slept.  :-\

Machete Girl

« Reply #207 on: August 03, 2011, 09:51:03 PM »
"and YAs who have IFs usually are not considered mentally healthy you know?"
That's why I bury them in the sand box when my sims' are a child. (I don't have the latest patch)
Omg can you really do that?! That would be awesome 

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #208 on: August 04, 2011, 03:56:03 AM »
If you're patched up to the latest patch it isn't possible anymore. We shall just have to find new ways to remove the IF from the child.  ;)

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #209 on: August 04, 2011, 04:37:17 AM »
Can't you just... delete the doll? XD
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

anything