Author Topic: Imaginary Friends  (Read 415525 times)

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
Re: Imaginary Friends
« Reply #345 on: February 07, 2012, 04:22:41 PM »
I love IF's! That's a beautiful one Salty!

I did have a weird glitch twice with them, my teen immortal-to-be went to her prom, the doll was left at home but at the prom, she was a real sim on her relationship panel than when it was over and she went home, the doll was broken, i.e. she wouldn't turn back into an IF, but that was fixed by saving and quitting than re-opening the game.

Than my immortal-to-be had her in her inventory, than on her adult birthday the camera panned to her and she was out, celebrating her birthday with her and I had an IF doll and sim! This was solved by making her go off the lot, the real sim popped into the doll than she walked back onto the lot and the doll came to life.

Offline Teacup Chihuahua

• Occult
« Reply #346 on: February 07, 2012, 05:59:26 PM »
Hi MoMoll did not know about having children in a time machine thanks for sharing ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline unicornfan85

• Townie
  • Audra
    • My Sims Blog
« Reply #347 on: February 07, 2012, 09:58:43 PM »
The IF I made real is now the wife of my sims, and now they are the proud parents of a little girl.

Southern Girl Since December 1985

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #348 on: February 08, 2012, 02:52:22 AM »
Hi MoMoll did not know about having children in a time machine thanks for sharing ;D

Here's a pic of my teen from the Time Machine:

Offline Teacup Chihuahua

• Occult
« Reply #349 on: February 08, 2012, 02:58:10 AM »
OOh very pretty  ;D I will certainly use this strategy in my game Thanks for sharing your picture ;D 

Offline Axiom

• Immortal
« Reply #350 on: February 10, 2012, 09:32:42 PM »
I got a question about IFs.
If your toddler is very close to the IF, and you use the Age Up cheat, does it age up with the child?

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #351 on: February 10, 2012, 09:39:30 PM »
Welcome to the forums! You have to make sure you have received both messages about the IF, than age the toddler up and have the doll on the floor and it will still age up. I've done it before so I can vouch for it working. Very beautiful MoMoll! When I'm playing a game that allows me to do it, I do that all the time to avoid babies and toddlers. But in my Dynasty it's not allowed so I have to put up with them. Sorry Pam.  ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Axiom

• Immortal
« Reply #352 on: February 10, 2012, 09:54:34 PM »
I don't like babies either :C So that makes two of us! [But in RL, I do like babies]

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #353 on: February 10, 2012, 09:59:28 PM »
Cool! I know what you mean, I love babies in RL too! I do alot of things in Sims that I would never do in RL.  :D

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #354 on: February 13, 2012, 08:24:53 PM »
I am wondering if it is just my IF or if anyone else has this problem.  When my IF talks, no sound comes out.  I am wondering if it is a glitch or since they make no sound as an IF, maybe that is the way it is suppose to be when they grow up.  :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #355 on: February 14, 2012, 02:04:57 AM »
Yeah!!! Just had twins and no IFs were delivered!

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #356 on: February 14, 2012, 10:09:11 PM »
I am wondering if it is just my IF or if anyone else has this problem.  When my IF talks, no sound comes out.  I am wondering if it is a glitch or since they make no sound as an IF, maybe that is the way it is suppose to be when they grow up.  :)
That's a good question. I don't remember Penny ever having sound coming out of her when Pam would talk to her, but I would have to check to make 100% sure. I've been playing my practice clone file so it's about time to fire up the Halliwell's again, I'll let you know when I get back!

EDIT: I was wrong. Penny and Pam had a conversation and Penny has a voice. I took a video of them talking. Pam announced her promotion lol. One thing I did find odd is I'm positive she had good traits. Now though her traits are Dislikes Children, Lucky, Excitable and Slob. I need to go back through this thread and find where I posted her traits as a child because I'm about 99% sure she has different ones now. How did that happen?? I found where I posted 2 of her traits, neither of which she has now. ???
I love mine too Jeana. Oh, by the way, the IF just aged up and the 2 traits that I know so far are Eco-Friendly and Heavy Sleeper. So unless the 3rd one is evil or something, I got a good one!  ;D

Offline Axiom

• Immortal
« Reply #357 on: February 20, 2012, 02:06:15 PM »
I did not use the cheat, and ended up aging up my toddler sim naturally.

Is the IF [She is VERY close to her Imaginary Friend] supposed to age up with her or in a few days? When I first started playing this family,  I had aging turned off, but I turned it on for story purposes. And yes, I do have a Rainbow Gem [one of my pooches got incredibly lucky and dug one out on his first hunt for items].

Here's what he looks like now,

Nevermind, he just aged up... just as my sim entered the bath.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #358 on: February 20, 2012, 02:15:12 PM »
How long has it been? Sometimes the If ages a day later or at least later in the day. Wait it out.

Offline Axiom

• Immortal
« Reply #359 on: February 20, 2012, 03:33:47 PM »
I had a random idea for IFs and Pets.

Since animals are considered to be more attuned to the supernatural than we are... maybe they should be able to see IFs?